• This topic is locked This topic is locked
344 replies to this topic
Craig Kostelecky
  • Craig Kostelecky

GTA:LC Team Leader

• The Connection

Posted 07 November 2005 - 12:25 AM

QUOTE (GTA_Thomas @ Nov 6 2005, 17:49)
if the Red Jacks and Purple Nines are seperate gangs, then why dont they fight eachother?

Because as the game's concerned, they are the same gang (gang #7). Each gang has two different models which are used. The SSHs simply uses one of those models for the Nines and one for the Red Jacks.

DarthSlurpee
  • DarthSlurpee

Don of all Liars

• Members

Posted 07 November 2005 - 12:55 AM

Is there a place to download skins? Like be able to use the prison outfit and the gang member models?

GTAThomas
  • GTAThomas

Soldier

• Members

Posted 07 November 2005 - 03:00 AM

You can probably find all those in the IMG file, extract the dff and txd files and replace the player dff and txd file with it

DarthSlurpee
  • DarthSlurpee

Don of all Liars

• Members

Posted 07 November 2005 - 02:18 PM Edited by DarthSlurpee, 07 November 2005 - 02:28 PM.

What does the Borgnine Taxi go over? I want to replace a taxi with that and do taxi missions in it. devil.gif

EDIT: Never mind, I guessed right. It goes over the Zebra Cabbie, which makes sense, seeing as it was the special taxi/cabbie in VC.

P.S. I just realized how weird a word Taxi is... Whenever I think about a word, I realize how weird it is... whatsthat.gif

emtoo
  • emtoo

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 November 2005 - 03:35 PM

Ive installed the game, and the No-CD error keeps coming up. I clicked verify paths in the audio tab, and yes it said WILD.ADF not found. So, I opened my GTA VC play CD and copied the WILD.ADF to the GTA LC\Audio folder, but when I click Verify Paths it keeps coming up that WILD.ADF is not found! Please tell me what the problem is?

DarthSlurpee
  • DarthSlurpee

Don of all Liars

• Members

Posted 07 November 2005 - 03:48 PM Edited by DarthSlurpee, 07 November 2005 - 09:00 PM.

QUOTE (emtoo @ Nov 7 2005, 10:35)
Ive installed the game, and the No-CD error keeps coming up. I clicked verify paths in the audio tab, and yes it said WILD.ADF not found. So, I opened my GTA VC play CD and copied the WILD.ADF to the GTA LC\Audio folder, but when I click Verify Paths it keeps coming up that WILD.ADF is not found! Please tell me what the problem is?

No clue on that one. Usually, the ones that don't show up are the GTA3 radio stations, not the VC ones. Did you install the GTA3 audio from the disc?

EDIT: I know I've asked this before, but is there a Garage Editor that works with LC? If you use LithJoe's garage editor the car in your garage disappears. If you use this trainer, which also works with LC, you can't change the car inside the garage. The trainer I gave a link to is pretty cool, since you can edit your health/armor, money, etc., but you can't spawn cars that are strictly GTA3 or strictly VC for some reason.

DarthSlurpee
  • DarthSlurpee

Don of all Liars

• Members

Posted 07 November 2005 - 09:00 PM

Could someone make the prison outfit and gang outfits into a player skin format? Or explain in detail how to get them usable?

Ben
  • Ben

Retired

• Members

Posted 07 November 2005 - 11:24 PM

QUOTE (emtoo @ Nov 8 2005, 02:35)

Make sure that it's in the audio folder and NOT the audioLC folder. If it is, then there's two things I'd suggest:
1. Go into the Show Config -> Advanced -> Audio, and click Verify Paths. When it says that WILD.ADF is not found, click on Restore. Repeat until all paths are valid - this should work, but it might not, for one reason or another. Make sure you have the GTA3 radio stations (I'm pretty sure that the installer automatically creates blanks if you didn't install the audio) in your audioLC folder - you can make blanks if it's not there.
2. Or (and this is the long and complicated option) you could uninstall LC completely - i.e., delete your LC folder. Start installing again - make a copy of your VC folder, rename it to LC or whatever, and make sure that all the VC radio stations are in the audio folder (in your new LC folder) BEFORE you start installing. Then, run the installer and install LC. After it's finished, check the Verify Paths - it should now work.

I have a theory on this now - which someone might like to test by doing option 2. People have been having problems because they don't have VC FULLY installed before they start installing LC so the launcher doesn't register that the radio stations are present (because they're not). But, when people realise their mistake, they simply copy the VC radio stations over, but for some reason, the launcher doesn't update itself and register that they are now present, even though they are in the audio folder (if that makes sense; read it a couple more times if it doesn't!).

If this turns out to be true, perhaps it can be worked out of the launcher for v6, but we need some people with this problem to test it out first. Please help out!

PS - This is really big so that everyone sees it! Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks wink.gif !

GTAThomas
  • GTAThomas

Soldier

• Members

Posted 07 November 2005 - 11:35 PM

QUOTE (DarthSlurpee @ Nov 7 2005, 21:00)
Could someone make the prison outfit and gang outfits into a player skin format? Or explain in detail how to get them usable?

in my vice city IMG file, all the different clothes for tommy were from player2 to player9, i think. try extracting some of those TXD files and see if one is the prison outfit. the replace the player dff and txd files with that. does this make sence? confused.gif

DarthSlurpee
  • DarthSlurpee

Don of all Liars

• Members

Posted 08 November 2005 - 12:35 AM

QUOTE (GTA_Thomas @ Nov 7 2005, 18:35)
QUOTE (DarthSlurpee @ Nov 7 2005, 21:00)

in my vice city IMG file, all the different clothes for tommy were from player2 to player9, i think. try extracting some of those TXD files and see if one is the prison outfit. the replace the player dff and txd files with that. does this make sence? confused.gif

No... What do I do with the extracted TXDs?
I tried renaming player2.txd/dff to just player and player.txd/dff to player 1 and the player was all weird looking.

GTAThomas
  • GTAThomas

Soldier

• Members

Posted 08 November 2005 - 02:11 AM

download VICETXD and see if any of those are the prison outfit.

DarthSlurpee
  • DarthSlurpee

Don of all Liars

• Members

Posted 08 November 2005 - 02:56 AM

QUOTE (GTA_Thomas @ Nov 7 2005, 21:11)
download VICETXD and see if any of those are the prison outfit.

Well, it didn't work. I found out playerp.txd is the prison outfit. I tried everything I could think of using the 2 programs (IMGTool and ViceTXD) and nothing. The most I got was Claude with a very odd looking leather jacket.

GTAThomas
  • GTAThomas

Soldier

• Members

Posted 08 November 2005 - 03:41 AM

open the playerp texture file with vicetxd
right on the name in the texture box
choose export... then click texture
export the picture to the models/generic folder in the lc directory
delete the old "player" bmp. image and rename the playerp bmp. to "player"
then replace the player dff and txd files in the img file with the playerp ones, rename it to player and close the img tool.
NOW try the game. i hope this makes sence!

DarthSlurpee
  • DarthSlurpee

Don of all Liars

• Members

Posted 08 November 2005 - 12:53 PM Edited by DarthSlurpee, 08 November 2005 - 01:14 PM.

QUOTE (GTA_Thomas @ Nov 7 2005, 22:41)
open the playerp texture file with vicetxd
right on the name in the texture box
choose export... then click texture
export the picture to the models/generic folder in the lc directory
delete the old "player" bmp. image and rename the playerp bmp. to "player"
then replace the player dff and txd files in the img file with the playerp ones, rename it to player and close the img tool.
NOW try the game. i hope this makes sence!

I knew this was the way, but since I had gotten so close to doing that but I redid everything back to the original, I didn't want to go back through all the trouble. I will now, though.

EDIT: I got the prison outfit to work. I tried starting a new game, to see what would happen, and I got an unhandled exception.

Konstantinos
  • Konstantinos

Just passing by

• Members

Posted 08 November 2005 - 09:31 PM Edited by Konstantinos, 09 November 2005 - 03:54 PM.

QUOTE (DarthSlurpee @ Nov 8 2005, 14:53)
I knew this was the way, but since I had gotten so close to doing that but I redid everything back to the original, I didn't want to go back through all the trouble. I will now, though.

EDIT: I got the prison outfit to work. I tried starting a new game, to see what would happen, and I got an unhandled exception.

Didn't you accidentaly delete the original playerp.dff and playerp.txd in the IMG file? They are needed since you start the game in the prison outfit.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ben, here are some more comments on the helicopters:

1/ There ain't "several Mavericks at Francis International Airport", only one - on the helipad, next to Dodo.
2/ The LCPD Maverick can also be found at the back of the police station in SSV (the garages, where you can pick health, armor, flamethrower and Molotovs)
3/ A second Hunter spawns in Portland, Atlantic Quays, near the Triad fish factory and right next to a mound of gravel that you use for one unique jump.
4/ There's also a Maverick on the lower roof of Love Media building. Walking thru the front door will send you there, instead of Donald's japanese garden.
5/ Finally, there is a "Head Radio Chopper" (aka repainted VCN Maverick) on the roof of Head radio in Portland. Jump from L-tracks to get there, it's where you can grab a flamer and one hidden package.

Craig, if you read this:
You should definitely add Brown thunder vigilante, as it is a f*cking nightmare to do with a car in SSV.

DarthSlurpee
  • DarthSlurpee

Don of all Liars

• Members

Posted 09 November 2005 - 12:18 AM

QUOTE (Konstantinos @ Nov 8 2005, 16:31)
QUOTE (DarthSlurpee @ Nov 8 2005, 14:53)

Didn't you accidentaly delete the original playerp.dff and playerp.txd in the IMG file? They are needed since you start the game in the prison outfit.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ben, here are some more comments on the helicopters:

1/ There ain't "several Mavericks at Francis International Airport", only one - on the helipad, next to Dodo.
2/ The LCPD Maverick can also be found at the back of the police station in SSV (the place where you can pick health, armor, flamethrower and 1 more thing, can't remember what it is)
3/ A second Hunter spawns in Portland, Atlantic Quays, near the Triad fish factory and right next to a mound of gravel that you use for one unique jump.

Craig, if you read this:
You should definitely add Brown thunder vigilante, as it is a f*cking nightmare to do with a car in SSV. And if you plan to make the Hunter unavailable until after "The Exchange", you should put some other copter in Portland.

No, I renamed them to player.txd and player.dff. I guess I should make copies of them and name them playerp.txd/dff.

You should get a Hunter or a Rhino or both to spawn somewhere for getting 100 packages too.

GTAThomas
  • GTAThomas

Soldier

• Members

Posted 09 November 2005 - 03:10 AM

Thomas Says... "you should have done that anyways.
what i said was to "replace the player dff and txd files with the playerp ones, so that the playerp files where still in there." ...Thomas Was Here

Craig Kostelecky
  • Craig Kostelecky

GTA:LC Team Leader

• The Connection

Posted 09 November 2005 - 04:30 AM

QUOTE (DarthSlurpee @ Nov 8 2005, 19:18)
No, I renamed them to player.txd and player.dff. I guess I should make copies of them and name them playerp.txd/dff.

You should get a Hunter or a Rhino or both to spawn somewhere for getting 100 packages too.

There is no player.txd in the image. The game looks in the models\generic\player.bmp file for the player's default texture.

And I think we can make a Hunter spawn somewhere after 100 packages are collected. Maybe we'll do it somewhat like VC and make the one by Phil's spawn at 100 packages and then have the one in Portland show up when 'The Exchange' is completed.

Konstantinos
  • Konstantinos

Just passing by

• Members

Posted 09 November 2005 - 11:58 AM

Yeah, that would be the best solution. I don't wanna wait until The Exchange, since it's so cool to do "Espresso 2 go" with the Hunter - flying around the city, blasting those coffee stands with rockets. cool.gif

TheReaper
  • TheReaper

Eddie guerrero......1967-2005

• BUSTED!

Posted 09 November 2005 - 06:59 PM

what is gta:lc i know what gta:lcs is but.......

DarthSlurpee
  • DarthSlurpee

Don of all Liars

• Members

Posted 09 November 2005 - 07:37 PM

GTA: LC is basically GTA3 on Vice City's engine, meaning there's motorcycles and helicopters in Liberty City and it has GTA3's storyline/missions.

scalliano
  • scalliano

Ice Cold Killa

• Members

Posted 10 November 2005 - 12:51 AM

Dunno if this has been asked already, but will the army be fixed in v6?

GTAThomas
  • GTAThomas

Soldier

• Members

Posted 10 November 2005 - 03:04 AM

Thomas Says... "most things will be fixed for v6 so i would think so, but from what ive heard about the test version of v6, its got even more bugs, but many other things added like the peds and actors and other things. which is you know? good!" ...Thomas Was Here

Ben
  • Ben

Retired

• Members

Posted 10 November 2005 - 04:55 AM

QUOTE (benisablink182fan @ Nov 8 2005, 10:24)
QUOTE (emtoo @ Nov 8 2005, 02:35)

Make sure that it's in the audio folder and NOT the audioLC folder. If it is, then there's two things I'd suggest:
1. Go into the Show Config -> Advanced -> Audio, and click Verify Paths. When it says that WILD.ADF is not found, click on Restore. Repeat until all paths are valid - this should work, but it might not, for one reason or another. Make sure you have the GTA3 radio stations (I'm pretty sure that the installer automatically creates blanks if you didn't install the audio) in your audioLC folder - you can make blanks if it's not there.
2. Or (and this is the long and complicated option) you could uninstall LC completely - i.e., delete your LC folder. Start installing again - make a copy of your VC folder, rename it to LC or whatever, and make sure that all the VC radio stations are in the audio folder (in your new LC folder) BEFORE you start installing. Then, run the installer and install LC. After it's finished, check the Verify Paths - it should now work.

I have a theory on this now - which someone might like to test by doing option 2. People have been having problems because they don't have VC FULLY installed before they start installing LC so the launcher doesn't register that the radio stations are present (because they're not). But, when people realise their mistake, they simply copy the VC radio stations over, but for some reason, the launcher doesn't update itself and register that they are now present, even though they are in the audio folder (if that makes sense; read it a couple more times if it doesn't!).

If this turns out to be true, perhaps it can be worked out of the launcher for v6, but we need some people with this problem to test it out first. Please help out!

PS - This is really big so that everyone sees it! Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks wink.gif !

Just wondering if anyone has had a chance to test this theory out yet?

Craig (or someone else, like Hammer), does this sound like it has any credibility at all?

Y_Less
  • Y_Less

• Members

Posted 10 November 2005 - 10:59 AM

It does sound credible, I need to reinstall so I'll give it a go at some point in the next few days.

Konstantinos
  • Konstantinos

Just passing by

• Members

Posted 10 November 2005 - 04:21 PM Edited by Konstantinos, 10 November 2005 - 04:23 PM.

QUOTE (scalliano @ Nov 10 2005, 02:51)

You can download the army model here and replace it manually. But it's somewhat unfinished, so I prefer to put in the one from VC.

scalliano
  • scalliano

Ice Cold Killa

• Members

Posted 10 November 2005 - 10:27 PM

QUOTE (Konstantinos @ Nov 10 2005, 16:21)
QUOTE (scalliano @ Nov 10 2005, 02:51)

You can download the army model here and replace it manually. But it's somewhat unfinished, so I prefer to put in the one from VC.

Thanks, Kon, I didn't realise it was that simple. Now I feel like playing LC again from the start, despite being wrapped up in LCS at the mo!

GTAThomas
  • GTAThomas

Soldier

• Members

Posted 10 November 2005 - 11:19 PM

Thomas Says... "also thanks, i needed the army skins. although it does seem to be unfinished so im going to go ahead and use the VC ones too." ...Thomas Was Here

Ben
  • Ben

Retired

• Members

Posted 12 November 2005 - 12:09 AM

QUOTE (Y_Less @ Nov 10 2005, 21:59)
It does sound credible, I need to reinstall so I'll give it a go at some point in the next few days.

Thanks Alex - I look forward to hear whether or not it worked.

@Konstantinos:
You'll be pleased to see I've finally updated the first post with all of that stuff you posted regarding the choppers. I've also added a question and answer about the missing army and how to fix it.

If there's anymore changes that need to be made, let me or Alex or Craig know so that one of us can fix it. Thanks again wink.gif .

DarthSlurpee
  • DarthSlurpee

Don of all Liars

• Members

Posted 12 November 2005 - 12:30 AM

I have a question: Why exactly does the PCJ-600 not appear in traffic on Portland?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users