FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
344 replies to this topic
GTAThomas
  • GTAThomas

Soldier

• Members

Posted 04 November 2005 - 01:42 AM

the only way you cant use your savefiles is if you download a new Main.scm file or download a newer version of the mod, i dont know if you can use your save files or not. try it, if it does not work then simply turn debug off wink.gif

DarthSlurpee
  • DarthSlurpee

Don of all Liars

• Members

Posted 04 November 2005 - 01:44 AM

QUOTE (GTA_Thomas @ Nov 3 2005, 20:42)
the only way you cant use your savefiles is if you download a new Main.scm file or download a newer version of the mod, i dont know if you can use your save files or not. try it, if it does not work then simply turn debug off wink.gif

I don't really want to, I was just wondering. Maybe once I finish the story missions I'll turn debug mode on, so I can try out the delorean and stuff.

How do I put in the custom vehicles, like the full-winged dodo on the LC site? I forgot (well, I never really knew or tried).

GTAThomas
  • GTAThomas

Soldier

• Members

Posted 04 November 2005 - 01:48 AM

im not too sure either, go to the mod Tutorial Forum and see if somebody has a tutorial about inserting cars. im such a newb at modding, anything i touch gets destroyed! i already reinstalled LC 7 times!

DarthSlurpee
  • DarthSlurpee

Don of all Liars

• Members

Posted 04 November 2005 - 01:53 AM

QUOTE (GTA_Thomas @ Nov 3 2005, 20:48)
im not too sure either, go to the mod Tutorial Forum and see if somebody has a tutorial about inserting cars. im such a newb at modding, anything i touch gets destroyed! i already reinstalled LC 7 times!

Yeah, I probably shouldn't touch anything either. I've messed stuff up before.
7 times? That sucks. I just reinstalled LC today because I had installed it over VC. suicidal.gif

P.S. 100th post. rah.gif

GTAThomas
  • GTAThomas

Soldier

• Members

Posted 04 November 2005 - 01:56 AM

does the respect thing work like it did in GTA3, where if you kill alot of triads they always attack you?

im only at 87 posts and im a post whore! look at the forum page!

DarthSlurpee
  • DarthSlurpee

Don of all Liars

• Members

Posted 04 November 2005 - 02:04 AM

QUOTE (GTA_Thomas @ Nov 3 2005, 20:56)
does the respect thing work like it did in GTA3, where if you kill alot of triads they always attack you?

im only at 87 posts and im a post whore! look at the forum page!

The Triads attack you after you blow up their fish factory. Or, after one of Toni's missions, at any rate. I forgot which one.

But I don't know. All of the gangs hate you pretty much. I haven't beaten the game, but so far Triads, Cartels, and the Mafia attack me. That pretty much makes Portland inaccessable without cheats.

GTAThomas
  • GTAThomas

Soldier

• Members

Posted 04 November 2005 - 02:24 AM Edited by GTA_Thomas, 04 November 2005 - 02:35 AM.

it sucks that the Mafia attack you, they used to be my buds! it would be cool if the game had a Respect-O-Meter like GTA2 where you could kill the gangs rivals to get there respect.

Q: why do the cartel always attack me? i didnt do anything to disrespect them, when ever i sneak over to SSV the kill me on contact! i didnt do any missions involving them either.
Q: i was driving through hepburn height on portland and i noticed a few groups of Red Jacks standing. i never noticed them there before, i only see them on SSV with the purple Nines.

Ben
  • Ben

Retired

• Members

Posted 04 November 2005 - 09:20 AM Edited by benisablink182fan, 04 November 2005 - 09:44 AM.

The Cartel attack you because you blow up their boat full of SPANK in Bomb Da Base. They work for Catalina (your mean ex-girlfriend who tries to kill you) and therefore they hate you the most out of all gangs (well, they would if it was measurable!).

I've never seen a Red Jack in Hepburn Heights (although that doesn't mean one or more weren't there). Interesting...

EDIT - Ok, first post updated (finally!). Thanks to Konstantinos for the correction, as well as to everybody else for using this to post your questions instead of creating new topics.

I've left out some of the questions posted because they're not really information that everybody has to know about - they're more like one-off questions that a particular poster is concerned with. That's my opinion anyway.

DarthSlurpee
  • DarthSlurpee

Don of all Liars

• Members

Posted 04 November 2005 - 12:17 PM Edited by DarthSlurpee, 04 November 2005 - 12:19 PM.

QUOTE (benisablink182fan @ Nov 4 2005, 04:20)
The Cartel attack you because you blow up their boat full of SPANK in Bomb Da Base.  They work for Catalina (your mean ex-girlfriend who tries to kill you) and therefore they hate you the most out of all gangs (well, they would if it was measurable!).

Not just because you blew up their boat. They just hate you from the start. You weren't supposed to live when Catalina shot you. It's obvious that you're out for revenge, so they would want to try and kill you ASAP.

I'm glad the Yakuza don't attack me. They're cool. I didn't want to kill Kenji cryani.gif . At least they thought it was the dirty Cartel.

Craig Kostelecky
  • Craig Kostelecky

GTA:LC Team Leader

• The Connection

Posted 04 November 2005 - 08:46 PM

I've never seen a Red Jack in Hepburn Heights (although that doesn't mean one or more weren't there). Interesting...

That's a glitch that we've been experiencing for quite a long time. It used to be that the golfers would show up in that area. But we shuffled the gangs around a bit (to fix another unrelated bug) and now the Hoods sometimes show up there. I don't know if that can be fixed.

GTAThomas
  • GTAThomas

Soldier

• Members

Posted 04 November 2005 - 11:40 PM

thanks for answering my questions guys, and i agree most of the questions where simple enough to answer that they dont need to be put on the first post.
Q: what did the cartel have to do with the fist cutscenes, i havent seen them in the cutscenes and i dont think anybody talked about them. this question problably should have gone in the GTA3 forums. does this get answerd the more i play the game?

DarthSlurpee
  • DarthSlurpee

Don of all Liars

• Members

Posted 05 November 2005 - 12:02 AM

QUOTE (GTA_Thomas @ Nov 4 2005, 18:40)
thanks for answering my questions guys, and i agree most of the questions where simple enough to answer that they dont need to be put on the first post.
Q: what did the cartel have to do with the fist cutscenes, i havent seen them in the cutscenes and i dont think anybody talked about them. this question problably should have gone in the GTA3 forums. does this get answerd the more i play the game?

Ok, in the opening cutscene...

-You are with Catalina and a Cartel member
-The guy who drives up in the Banshee is Miguel, Cartel leader (I think)
-When Catalina shoots you, you can see the body of the Cartel lying on the ground

So, in short, you were with the Cartel until Catalina shot you, meaning to kill you.

GTAThomas
  • GTAThomas

Soldier

• Members

Posted 05 November 2005 - 12:06 AM

ohhhhhhhh i remember now, thanks darthslurpee! i thought it was catalina and calaude running out of the bank, but now i remeber there was a cartel too!

Ben
  • Ben

Retired

• Members

Posted 05 November 2005 - 01:06 AM

QUOTE (DarthSlurpee @ Nov 4 2005, 23:17)
I'm glad the Yakuza don't attack me. They're cool. I didn't want to kill Kenji cryani.gif . At least they thought it was the dirty Cartel.

Did you do Kenji's missions? I hate him, I was so glad when I got the chance to kill him. He treats you like s**t and acts all high and mighty like he can boss you around, when really you're just a free-agent doing some jobs for him. I mean, you bust that guy out of jail, then he gets all p***ed at you later.

Which reminds me - there was an old bug that once you completed Waka-Gushira Wipeout, Kenji's missions were still available, even though he was dead. I haven't had a chance to test this lately - has it been fixed?

QUOTE (Craig Kostelecky @ Nov 5 2005, 07:46)

That's a glitch that we've been experiencing for quite a long time. It used to be that the golfers would show up in that area. But we shuffled the gangs around a bit (to fix another unrelated bug) and now the Hoods sometimes show up there. I don't know if that can be fixed.

I don't really know much about the coding or "inner-workings" of the game (engine), but isn't it just a case of limiting the area a gang can roam in. Actually, it's probably a lot more complicated than that, and I guess I'm pretty stupid to think that hasn't already been tried.

DarthSlurpee
  • DarthSlurpee

Don of all Liars

• Members

Posted 05 November 2005 - 01:38 AM

Yeah, I did, because I knew one of Love's missions was to kill him, so I got them out of the way. Well, it's not really Kenji I like, it's more Yakuza. Their car are so f*cking awesome.

GTAThomas
  • GTAThomas

Soldier

• Members

Posted 05 November 2005 - 02:03 AM

yeah i agree those cars are pretty sweet. i just hope that in futrue missions you dont betray them, im kind of suspicios with Ray because he just had me steal one of their cars so it would "be easeir to take them out"

Craig Kostelecky
  • Craig Kostelecky

• The Connection

Posted 05 November 2005 - 05:36 AM

QUOTE (benisablink182fan @ Nov 4 2005, 20:06)
Which reminds me - there was an old bug that once you completed Waka-Gushira Wipeout, Kenji's missions were still available, even though he was dead.  I haven't had a chance to test this lately - has it been fixed?

I think the issue may arise if you're playing with the debug on and you do some missions out of order. But with the debug off, I think it's all coded properly now though. I'll make sure to test it sometime before the release though.

QUOTE (benisablink182fan @ Nov 4 2005, 20:06)
I don't really know much about the coding or "inner-workings" of the game (engine), but isn't it just a case of limiting the area a gang can roam in.  Actually, it's probably a lot more complicated than that, and I guess I'm pretty stupid to think that hasn't already been tried.

The gangs are defined in the scm. But the issue is that there's nothing in our code which tells the SSHs to show up in Hepburn Heights (unless I've missed something).

Ben
  • Ben

Retired

• Members

Posted 05 November 2005 - 05:41 AM

Ok thanks. I'd have tested the Kenji thing myself but I don't have any savegames for v5b so it'd take me ages to get there with debug off.

The hoods thing sounds pretty weird, but I guess it's not too bad because they look kinda similar to the Diablos - it'd be worse if say the Triads or Yakuza started showing up in Hepburn Heights. I wonder if it's only in Hepburn Heights - I haven't seen/read any reports of it occurring anywhere else, so hopefully it's just there.

Konstantinos
  • Konstantinos

Just passing by

• Members

Posted 05 November 2005 - 12:27 PM

Ben, I'm really 100% sure that the Hunter doesn't appear at Phil's before SSV is unlocked. Same thing goes for all the other helicopters and the Skimmer. It would be kinda against the idea of storyline progress if you could fly to SSV anytime, wouldn't it?

DarthSlurpee
  • DarthSlurpee

Don of all Liars

• Members

Posted 05 November 2005 - 01:47 PM

QUOTE (Konstantinos @ Nov 5 2005, 07:27)
Ben, I'm really 100% sure that the Hunter doesn't appear at Phil's before SSV is unlocked. Same thing goes for all the other helicopters and the Skimmer. It would be kinda against the idea of storyline progress if you could fly to SSV anytime, wouldn't it?

I thought you could just drive there... I remember on GTA3 Xbox I used the flying code to get to Staunton early and I could just take the tunnel to the airport...

GTAThomas
  • GTAThomas

Soldier

• Members

Posted 05 November 2005 - 03:11 PM

i think he means the game allowing you to just fly there without cheating. and you cant use the tunnel because it is blocked off at the end.
and i havent seen the hunter there either, i did after i completed "A Drop in The Ocean".

DarthSlurpee
  • DarthSlurpee

Don of all Liars

• Members

Posted 06 November 2005 - 12:08 AM

What does the FBI Kuruma go over? I want to make it spawn over one of the police cars at the Portland Police Station.

GTAThomas
  • GTAThomas

Soldier

• Members

Posted 06 November 2005 - 12:35 AM

im pretty sure it would go over the FBI Cheetah or the FBI rancher, just because it would make sense.

Ben
  • Ben

Retired

• Members

Posted 06 November 2005 - 12:52 AM

QUOTE (Konstantinos @ Nov 5 2005, 23:27)

Oops - sorry, I was playing with debug on when I wrote that answer. I'll add that to the end of the answer. Thanks - I'm surprised that nobody picked up on that.

I'm not sure exactly when the helicopters (and Skimmer) spawn, but I agree that it shouldn't be until after SSV is unlocked. Craig could probably verify exactly when in game progress they spawn and update the answer if need be.

Thanks again wink.gif.

DarthSlurpee
  • DarthSlurpee

Don of all Liars

• Members

Posted 06 November 2005 - 01:54 AM

QUOTE (GTA_Thomas @ Nov 5 2005, 19:35)
im pretty sure it would go over the FBI Cheetah or the FBI rancher, just because it would make sense.

I tried both of those, they wouldn't spawn. Hunter would, though. whatsthat.gif

Craig Kostelecky
  • Craig Kostelecky

• The Connection

Posted 06 November 2005 - 01:57 AM

QUOTE (DarthSlurpee @ Nov 5 2005, 19:08)
What does the FBI Kuruma go over? I want to make it spawn over one of the police cars at the Portland Police Station.

It's currently in the FBI Rancher's slot (and name). In the next version the ID# will stay the same, but the name will be FBICAR. But for now it's the FBIRANCH.

QUOTE (Ben)
I'm not sure exactly when the helicopters (and Skimmer) spawn, but I agree that it shouldn't be until after SSV is unlocked. Craig could probably verify exactly when in game progress they spawn and update the answer if need be.

Right now, the helicopters on SSV spawn right away (so if you get over there early, you can fly them). But the helicopters that appear in Portland and Stuanton do not appear until SSV is unlocked. As of right now, the Hunters are unlocked when SSV is opened, but I might move that to after 'The Exchange' is completed (like the Rhino).

DarthSlurpee
  • DarthSlurpee

Don of all Liars

• Members

Posted 06 November 2005 - 02:02 AM Edited by DarthSlurpee, 06 November 2005 - 02:29 AM.

QUOTE (Craig Kostelecky @ Nov 5 2005, 20:57)
QUOTE (DarthSlurpee @ Nov 5 2005, 19:08)

It's currently in the FBI Rancher's slot (and name). In the next version the ID# will stay the same, but the name will be FBICAR. But for now it's the FBIRANCH.

In the editing thing, there's a fbicar and fbirancher. Do I use fbirancher?

EDIT: Never mind, it worked with FBI Rancher.

GTAThomas
  • GTAThomas

Soldier

• Members

Posted 06 November 2005 - 05:41 PM

glad to hear you figured it out colgate.gif

Daan17
  • Daan17

84's Vice City

• Members

Posted 06 November 2005 - 07:02 PM

I've also seen Red Jacks in Hephurn Heights:)

GTAThomas
  • GTAThomas

Soldier

• Members

Posted 06 November 2005 - 10:49 PM

its not a very big deal, i would suggest watching them fight with the diablos, if the Red Jacks and Purple Nines are seperate gangs, then why dont they fight eachother?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users