• This topic is locked This topic is locked
344 replies to this topic
Konstantinos
  • Konstantinos

Just passing by

• Members

Posted 24 September 2006 - 04:34 PM

QUOTE (Jasenko @ Sep 24 2006, 15:24)
Yes, I did. But looks like you don`t understand me...

If I change class on "vicechee" or "fbiranch" from ignore to normal or any other, game will 100% crash. Since LC is NOT USING those cars, can I change them to city traffic without crashing the game?

Please note that only FBI car can be set to spawn as city traffic (VC)

Wait. Are you using the latest 2.7up update (September 10)? If not (I suspect so), install it. Previously, GTA3 Fbi car was in VC Fbi rancher slot, and perhaps that caused the crash. Now it replaces fbi washington so the rancher is free for you to put into traffic.

Jasenko
  • Jasenko

“Resistance is futile”

• Members

Posted 24 September 2006 - 05:08 PM

I will try with 2.7 update, thanks!

lh1
  • lh1

Homie

• Members

Posted 04 November 2006 - 02:30 PM

where did you get version2.7?actually i can't play gta lc because my gta vc is illegal so i need to try this weheter this version can fixed this problem.

Ben
  • Ben

Retired

• Members

Posted 05 November 2006 - 12:38 AM

Buying yourself a legit copy of VC should fix your problems. Also, be aware that talking about warez is against GTAF rules - please go back and read the rules this time.

bammargera
  • bammargera

Just Call Me Rob, Its Easier That Way

• Members

Posted 27 November 2006 - 04:45 PM

the 100percente save i a dead link could sum 1 plz update this or re upload it sum were else?

oh nd nice work on the mod by the way icon14.gif

Ben
  • Ben

Retired

• Members

Posted 27 November 2006 - 09:02 PM

Updated icon14.gif.

Sorry about that - I meant to update that after Kon asked me to host that (which was probably around a year ago) confused.gif.

bammargera
  • bammargera

Just Call Me Rob, Its Easier That Way

• Members

Posted 28 November 2006 - 04:16 PM

cheers 4 that will there be 1 4 v6? please rahkstar2.gif

g4l
  • g4l

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 08 December 2006 - 02:52 PM

can anybody very please help? i love this mod but i found a bug-the mouse cursor doesent works on windows vista and why when i click new game the screen goes black and nothing happens?

Craig Kostelecky
  • Craig Kostelecky

GTA:LC Team Leader

• The Connection

Posted 08 December 2006 - 06:50 PM

Vista is not supported at the moment as I don't think anybody who's active in the mod (if any such person exists) has it yet.

g4l
  • g4l

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 09 December 2006 - 08:36 AM

well i have windows vista full but just get me the latest version link ,i have the 2.7 update so the cursor works i only need 2,7 version link and sometimes the screen goes not black and works but the play game sucks beacause i have too old version,gimme 2.7 please

Ben
  • Ben

Retired

• Members

Posted 09 December 2006 - 09:04 AM

Check the pinned Updates topic - the latest files (Beta2 v7test) can be found there wink.gif.

g4l
  • g4l

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 09 December 2006 - 12:15 PM

ok problem number 2- i have 2.7 with the update but when i click start new game it loads only a little then crashes to desktop and no reports or error things shown.whats the prob here?

Ben
  • Ben

Retired

• Members

Posted 09 December 2006 - 12:19 PM

Did you follow the instructions and remove the IIItoVC_VC6.asi file?

g4l
  • g4l

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 09 December 2006 - 12:27 PM

i removed and keeped only IIItoVC.asi

Ben
  • Ben

Retired

• Members

Posted 10 December 2006 - 12:23 AM

Then I can only assume it's some sort of compatibility issue with Vista confused.gif. Sorry mate - I don't know how to help you.

g4l
  • g4l

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 10 December 2006 - 08:48 AM

emm i removed vista yesterday beacause the trial period finished but on xp the problem shows,so its kinda crap that it doesent works

Ben
  • Ben

Retired

• Members

Posted 11 December 2006 - 04:09 AM

Hmmm, well I guess than that it's possible that Vista is supported.

As for your problem though, I still can't think of anything that might help you. What VC EXE version are you using (if you know)?

g4l
  • g4l

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 11 December 2006 - 11:21 AM Edited by g4l, 11 December 2006 - 12:56 PM.

well i have 1.0 version

jarjar
  • jarjar

Boss

• BUSTED!

Posted 11 December 2006 - 11:25 AM

Um, g4l, the rules state your not allowed to discuss anything illegal under any circumstances, so edit your post quick smart aye wink.gif.

Ben
  • Ben

Retired

• Members

Posted 12 December 2006 - 06:58 AM

I'll take it then that he's using a no-cd version. In which case his problem should be fixed by using the original EXE supplied with the game.

AndreiM
  • AndreiM

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 December 2006 - 02:48 AM

Hmm, do you think they'll be releasing GTA: LC v7? because v6 have some glitches and some cutscenes don't have music and you can't hear radio stations any idea[B]s? X [B] whatsthat.gif

Also I hope where would be multiplayer available smile.gif

Ben
  • Ben

Retired

• Members

Posted 16 December 2006 - 01:56 AM

QUOTE (AndreiM @ Dec 15 2006, 13:48)
Hmm, do you think they'll be releasing GTA: LC v7? because v6 have some glitches and some cutscenes don't have music and you can't hear radio stations any idea[B]s? X [B] whatsthat.gif

Also I hope where would be multiplayer available smile.gif

Approved and merged.

Yes, we'll be releasing a v7 (and eventually a final version) for LC - it's just a matter of time and commitment of team members at the moment.

To hear the radio stations and cutscene audio, you have to copy the contents of your GTA3 audio folder over to your audioLC folder (as per the installation instructions).

I'm not sure of the specifics regarding multiplayer, but there is an LC-MP available - check the VC-MP for more info.

All of your questions have been answered before though, so please use the search function, and look around - there are links in the forum banner here, as well as a pinned rules/directory topic - please read that before posting again (there was no need to try and start a new topic).

redlad
  • redlad

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 December 2006 - 10:20 PM

I cant get it to work, done everything.

When I run gta-lc.exe it says;

"Unable to determine the version of gta-vc.exe
GTA Liberty will not be executed"

think it might have something to do with "vcversion.dll", although it is from the 2.7update version so it should work. Can someone post a working one?

When I run gta-vc.exe, it looks like its going to work, but crashes when I try to start a new game.

Also in the shortcut "Target" why type:
"C:\Program Files\Rockstar Games\Grand Theft Auto Liberty City\gta-lc.exe" -showconfig

Is this correct? Do I have to change something?

Cheers rampage_ani.gif

Ben
  • Ben

Retired

• Members

Posted 20 December 2006 - 11:07 PM

You'd be right in assuming that it's got something to do with vcversion.dll - this is a module that Hammer83 created that determines which version of VC you are running, and converts the memory offsets to the 1.0 US version.

It should work as long as the vcversion.dll is in your main LC folder (along with gta-vc.exe and gta-lc.exe). The version in the 2.7up package is the most up-to-date version.

Do you know which version of VC you are running (Aussie, 1.0 US, 1.1 US, German, etc.)?

Also, you don't run gta-vc.exe to play LC - you must run the launcher (gta-lc.exe) wink.gif.

As for your question about the shortcut target, as long as that's where gta-lc.exe is located, then that should be fine. That's to create the Show Config utility, which is useful for editing some aspects of your LC. smile.gif

redlad
  • redlad

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 December 2006 - 08:50 PM

I think i have the euro version 1.0, I got it in ireland.

could be england though.

Where can you check the version number?

I have the file in the right place, but its not working

Ben
  • Ben

Retired

• Members

Posted 23 December 2006 - 08:22 AM

Hmmmmm, this is a strange problem indeed. You're definitely using the original EXE and not a warezed one?

As for determining the version - that's what the vcversion.dll does. Your EXE should be referenced with it.

I'm not sure how to help you out on this one confused.gif. Sorry.

redlad
  • redlad

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 December 2006 - 09:51 PM

All my GTA disks are original, and the vcversion.dll is in the same folder inthe vc directory.

DarthSlurpee
  • DarthSlurpee

Don of all Liars

• Members

Posted 24 December 2006 - 12:55 AM

I have a problem. I remember playing LC awhile back, and wanted to experience again. I redownloaded it and followed all of the steps, even the pain-in-the-ass SFX update. However, when I try to load my old save files or start a new game, the game crashes. No error messages or anything. It just closes. What is wrong?

Ben
  • Ben

Retired

• Members

Posted 24 December 2006 - 01:52 AM Edited by Ben, 24 December 2006 - 01:56 AM.

QUOTE (redlad @ Dec 24 2006, 08:51)
All my GTA disks are original, and the vcversion.dll is in the same folder inthe vc directory.

Rightio - just thought I'd check. There's been people before who've only revealed at the last minute that they aren't using the original EXE - use it and the problem is normally solved. But your's puzzles me - I really don't get it confused.gif.

Also, you mentioned it is in the same folder in your VC directory - it should be in your LC directory (vcversion.dll, I mean). Not sure if this is just a typo, or actually a mistake on your part wink.gif.

QUOTE (DarthSlurpee @ Dec 24 2006, 11:55)
I have a problem. I remember playing LC awhile back, and wanted to experience again. I redownloaded it and followed all of the steps, even the pain-in-the-ass SFX update. However, when I try to load my old save files or start a new game, the game crashes. No error messages or anything. It just closes. What is wrong?

I'm not sure on this problem either confused.gif. You definitely deleted IIItoVC_VC6.asi? If not, that will cause problems. But aside from that, I don't have anything else to suggest. Sorry.

DarthSlurpee
  • DarthSlurpee

Don of all Liars

• Members

Posted 24 December 2006 - 01:59 AM

QUOTE (Ben @ Dec 23 2006, 20:52)
QUOTE (DarthSlurpee @ Dec 24 2006, 11:55)

I'm not sure on this problem either confused.gif. You definitely deleted IIItoVC_VC6.asi? If not, that will cause problems. But aside from that, I don't have anything else to suggest. Sorry.

Yes, I deleted that file. I suppose it's because I lost my original Vice City discs so I had to... use other means to play.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users