Photo

How much...

11 replies to this topic
CookieCrumb
  • CookieCrumb

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 October 2005 - 11:29 PM

How much money would you say is enough to last you through...50+ hours of playing? I'm talking about buying guns and food. I currently have one million three hundred thousand something (I think).

*Mr.GTA*
  • *Mr.GTA*

Thug.

• Members

Posted 27 October 2005 - 11:32 PM

Are you asking time in time playing(game time) or real life time?

OzzySM12
  • OzzySM12

Hmm...

• Members

Posted 27 October 2005 - 11:35 PM

Well it depends on how many guns youi will be buying, how crap you are (getting arrested or wasted) and how crap your aming is.

I'm sure 1 million will be plenty if you are good enough and not a trigger happy american. cool.gif

zeta1
  • zeta1

-All Tarkers Must FŮcking Hang-

• BUSTED!

Posted 28 October 2005 - 12:17 AM

QUOTE (ozzysm12 @ Oct 27 2005, 23:35)
Well it depends on how many guns youi will be buying, how crap you are (getting arrested or wasted) and how crap your aming is.

I'm sure 1 million will be plenty if you are good enough and not a trigger happy american. cool.gif

HAHA f*ck you.

(shoots guns in air) - GO BENGALS GO GO GO

*Mr.GTA*
  • *Mr.GTA*

Thug.

• Members

Posted 28 October 2005 - 12:24 AM

QUOTE (zeta1 @ Oct 28 2005, 00:17)

I'm sure 1 million will be plenty if you are good enough and not a trigger happy american.  cool.gif

HAHA f*ck you.

zeta1 if you don't have anyhting helpful for the topic, please don't post. CookieCrumb is just trying to get an advise.

pdescobar
  • pdescobar

Conformist Scum Panda

• Members

Posted 28 October 2005 - 02:49 AM

QUOTE (CookieCrumb @ Oct 27 2005, 19:29)
How much money would you say is enough to last you through...50+ hours of playing? I'm talking about buying guns and food. I currently have one million three hundred thousand something (I think).

You should have way more than enough with $1.3M if all you buy is ammo and food. Food is super-cheap since you only need to spend $1 at a snack machine or hotdog stand every couple days. Even counting the occaisional burger binge to rebuild fat reserves, you probably won't spend more than $100 for food. If you want to seriously pork up once for appearance reasons and maintain that weight, then figure no more than $500 total. All the rest can be used for ammo. Even without the rewards for the collectibles there are an awful lot of weapon pickups scattered about, especially in Los Santos. So unless you plan on shooting constantly, you don't have to buy much ammo at all. And $1.3 Million buys a lot of ammo, especially if you are smart about where/how you spend it.

OzzySM12
  • OzzySM12

Hmm...

• Members

Posted 28 October 2005 - 10:17 PM

QUOTE (zeta1 @ Oct 28 2005, 01:17)

I'm sure 1 million will be plenty if you are good enough and not a trigger happy american.  cool.gif

HAHA f*ck you.

Although you may be infatuated with CookieCrumb, I still think you should let him fight his own battles. Remember he may not even be your way inclined.

Or was it the trigger happy American comment. If it was made up or simply a stereotypical view then "f*ck you" may have been seen as an acceptable come back. However if you take a war such as the Gulf War (start of the 90's, not today’s Iraq war), then you will see that Americans actually killed more friendly’s than enemy. And also in today’s Iraq war, there was an article about how you were more likely to be killed by an American either shooting you or blowing you up because they got the wrong intersection.
So when the actual facts are agents you, you will have to come up with a better come back than "f*ck Off".

So, next time you wish to tell me to f*ck off. Make sure you have a bit more ground to stand on. cool.gif

P.S. sorry Cookie for taking this off topic.

TenaciousD.
  • TenaciousD.

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 28 October 2005 - 11:20 PM

i have $157m so i can do what ever i want, now i never need to worrie bout losing wepons or stuff. I love being rich inlove.gif inlove.gif

RvdVit
  • RvdVit

Most sexy post located to the right. --->

• Members

Posted 28 October 2005 - 11:40 PM Edited by RvdVit, 28 October 2005 - 11:42 PM.

"Crap" isn't an adjective.

EDIT: For f*ck's sake, zeta made a joke, let it go.

Tuff Luv Capo
  • Tuff Luv Capo

We must find Ansama Benlanden

• Members

Posted 29 October 2005 - 05:29 AM

QUOTE (RvdVit @ Oct 28 2005, 18:40)
"Crap" isn't an adjective.

Thank you. I've been wondering for about a year now if that word became an adjective, I hear everyone saying "lol that's a crap phone, etc...".

Sounds stupid to me.

Rob.
  • Rob.

Don't Stop

• Zaibatsu

Posted 29 October 2005 - 09:08 AM

Anyway back on topic..........I presume you mean 50 hours of real life time, in which case anything over a million may be ok, it just depend what kind of rampage your going on. Bloodcurdling rampage? Then you need more money. Silent Assassain? Not much money is needed, just a knife ans some snipers.

NightHawk231
  • NightHawk231

ALL PEDS MUST DIE!

• Members

Posted 29 October 2005 - 05:02 PM Edited by NightHawk231, 29 October 2005 - 05:32 PM.

I think you may be missing the point there CookieCrumb.

It being that you never even need to enter an Ammunation (except for the shooting challenges that is) to buy weapons...I only used the Ammunations as location references...Many times I would just drive all around San An picking up my personal preferences from their pickup points, jumping out every once in a while to collect spare change from some unfortunate ped...Change your vehicle every so often and you advance multiple driving skills all the while.

If you need weapons/ammo:

Like pdescobar said there are tons of weapons pickups all over Los Santos...I think R* does this purposely so that you get to learn the terrain...When a mission comes up where you need a special weapon the game gives it to you.

If you need money:

Complete the Pimping Mission and the hookers will pay you each time you boink 'em...

Shoot the drug dealers (the guys in the black outfits standing around with their arms crossed)...They drop 3 grand most times...

When doing the Turf Wars all of your (now dead) opponents drop both their weapons and their money.

Just get your weapons skills up to hitman...As ozzysm12 said if your aim is good you won't need to shoot that much anyway...

Also, the peds shoot and run each other over all the time...Just cross the street and pick up their weapons/cash...As C.J. says, "You won't be needin' this no more"...

Jump on stage in front of an exotic dancer (read stripper)...All the money the peds throw at her goes to you...

Spoiler follows
Plus you lose everything later in the game anyway so don't get emotionally attached to any particular weapon
End of Spoiler

1.3 million is more than enough to get through the game...But again, that's not the point...

Hey, I paid 50 dollars (U.S.) for the game...I want it to last as long as possible, therefore I try to play it the R* way...Really, it's a lot more fun when you have to plan out your tactics before each assault and a lot more rewarding when you don't get your keister kicked...

Hope this helps/NightHawk

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users