Quantcast

» «
Photo

Why everytime something goes in america..

106 replies to this topic
Spidey.
  • Spidey.

Secret Wars

• Members

Posted 27 October 2005 - 09:26 PM

...some forumer from outside the US posts it here. Like us americans don't watch the news. Like we aren't aware of what's going on in our own country or something.

Not trying to be an ass (seriously, this time im actually not), just wondering why most of the time it's a foreign dude.

Because the foreign dude usually ends up wrong about the information and such. Or hypes it up too much. Or some member that will remain nameless has some crazy opinion about america that's usually shot down by crazy things like facts, proof, and actual knowledge of day to day life in america...

Seriously, i was just thinking this a minute ago and wanted to know what other people thought about it.

Rayo Puo
  • Rayo Puo

• Members

Posted 27 October 2005 - 09:28 PM

because all foreigners hate americans

Spidey.
  • Spidey.

Secret Wars

• Members

Posted 27 October 2005 - 09:29 PM Edited by Spidey., 27 October 2005 - 09:35 PM.

And yes people i know this forum is international.

But damn... Let's hear some news from your country for a change.

War-Lord
  • War-Lord

Vice City FTW

• Members

Posted 27 October 2005 - 09:31 PM

LOL... Yea I have seen that a-lot on other forusm to.

Dr kazama
  • Dr kazama

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 27 October 2005 - 09:35 PM

Everything revolves around America... sarcasm.gif

Digtl vl
  • Digtl vl

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 27 October 2005 - 09:43 PM

QUOTE (Dr kazama @ Oct 27 2005, 21:35)
Everything revolves around America... sarcasm.gif

glad someone finally noticed it.

oh btw, u accidently clicked on that sarcasm smiley. Figured I'd let you know so you could edit your post to fix that. smile.gif

Swarz
  • Swarz

Council of Elders

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 27 October 2005 - 09:45 PM

Because the current UK News Headline is:

Defiance will cost smokers 50

(In regards to the new smoking ban legislation - Guardian as source)

Kinda pales a bit when compared to Bush going and does something controversial... which happens quite alot by the way... turn.gif

And Americans watch the news...?

... wowzers. rolleyes.gif

Spidey.
  • Spidey.

Secret Wars

• Members

Posted 27 October 2005 - 09:48 PM

QUOTE (Swarz @ Oct 27 2005, 17:45)

... wowzers. rolleyes.gif

Yeah. We wach it inbetween getting fat off of cheeseburgers, throwing money around at each other, and cracking jokes about france.

Digtl vl
  • Digtl vl

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 27 October 2005 - 09:54 PM

QUOTE (Spidey. @ Oct 27 2005, 21:48)
QUOTE (Swarz @ Oct 27 2005, 17:45)

... wowzers.  rolleyes.gif

Yeah. We wach it inbetween getting fat off of cheeseburgers, throwing money around at each other, and cracking jokes about france.

I just do it during all that stuff. Saves time

anuj
  • anuj

iconic

• Inactive Staff
  • None

Posted 27 October 2005 - 09:54 PM

QUOTE (Spidey. @ Oct 27 2005, 15:26)
...some forumer from outside the US posts it here. Like us americans don't watch the news. Like we aren't aware of what's going on in our own country or something.

Word. Word, f*ck, yo.

I understand that the rest of the world may have some slow news, but trust me. If we are on GTAF, chances are that we visit news sites, watch CNN, watch local news, or read newspapers. By the time you get the news in non-America, we've heard it. We've heard it several times.

You don't need to tell me Harriet Miers has had her nomination withdrawn. I know that.

Not trying to be an ass (seriously, this time im actually not), just wondering why most of the time it's a foreign dude.

I personally think it's a subtle way of lashing out against the Great Satan. It's a way for them to provide personal insight into an issue which we've already heard EXPERT opinion on. They feel the need to point out American stereotypes. We're gun-crazy, steroid infested, woman beating, loud mouth fat assholes!

Because the foreign dude usually ends up wrong about the information and such. Or hypes it up too much. Or some member that will remain nameless has some crazy opinion about america that's usually shot down by crazy things like facts, proof, and actual knowledge of day to day life in america...

Hey, don't let facts and proof get in the way of America bashing.

E.A.B.
  • E.A.B.

Group: Leone Mafia Family

• Members

Posted 27 October 2005 - 10:01 PM

Since America is the most powerful nation at the time, I'm guessin everyone would have a watchful eye on us...

Luke15
  • Luke15

Espaa - Gone?

• Members

Posted 27 October 2005 - 10:21 PM

Well, as someone said above, you have huge nation, and we like to see what you guys in the "new world" do.

Soo much hype about America and the war ect, also not alot of people like you President, so everyone watches what he will do next for your nation.

Sly_Madman
  • Sly_Madman

Dripping with coolness.

• Members

Posted 27 October 2005 - 10:40 PM

Seriously, no one who lives in this country wants to post the news about it because we get it drilled into our heads. Every day there is another hurricane, or something like that. It just gets so repetitive. You can't turn on the television without seeing the same exact thing on the news every day. And to people in other countries it is new news every time Hurricane _______ gets close or _______ happened in Iraq. So they come to the forums and say "_______ happened to America and they suck because _______."

just another thug
  • just another thug

Sysnode is for lovers

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 27 October 2005 - 11:31 PM

Actually this CIA scandal is scandalous.

To tell you the truth, I hear a lot more about Israel on the world news than America.

Hard Margin
  • Hard Margin

Mostly harmless

• BUSTED!

Posted 27 October 2005 - 11:46 PM

If the news in America doesn't affect me, then I won't have a comment on it. If it affects anyone outside the US, then I believe that I have a right to make comment on it.

Sure, if you want the British headlines, we'll post them for you. But I can sum up last week in three words: A parrott died.

SyphonPayne
  • SyphonPayne

E FOR EFFORT!!!

• Members

Posted 27 October 2005 - 11:49 PM

Some of the news I see here I've never seen before.

But that could be because I never watch TV.

Tsuroki
  • Tsuroki

Gone Fishin'

• None

Posted 28 October 2005 - 12:03 AM

Canada = America. Stop hatin, we get CNN too.

Tetsuo2501
  • Tetsuo2501

TV Casualty

• The Connection
  • Unknown

Posted 28 October 2005 - 02:57 AM

QUOTE (Tsuroki @ Oct 27 2005, 18:03)

No really...Only thing really different between Canada and America is the currency...

Technical Difficulty
  • Technical Difficulty

Run for your life.

• BUSTED!

Posted 28 October 2005 - 03:04 AM

For once, Spidey is right.

I just never really noticed it.

anuj
  • anuj

iconic

• Inactive Staff
  • None

Posted 28 October 2005 - 03:12 AM

QUOTE (Tetsuo2501 @ Oct 27 2005, 20:57)
QUOTE (Tsuroki @ Oct 27 2005, 18:03)

No really...Only thing really different between Canada and America is the currency...

And apparently if you're sick in Canuckia, they take care of you.

Trows
  • Trows

• The Precinct

Posted 28 October 2005 - 03:17 AM

QUOTE (Swarz @ Oct 28 2005, 08:45)
Because the current UK News Headline is:

Defiance will cost smokers 50

And over here, Trapeze artists injured in circus fall.

123abc
  • 123abc

Text Book f*cking Mental

• Feroci Racing

Posted 28 October 2005 - 03:17 AM

Yes.......not all americans are greasy fatass loudmouths....some of us are actually smart. wow.gif

I know it's not the right thing to do, but when I hear about Bush this, Bush that, I just turn the other cheek. Mostly because I don't give a sh*t, and because I've faced the fact that we have no control over our own government and that they have too much power. SO what's that use whining if nothing will change? All polititions are alike. They have an extreme love for money.

But I will say this. I would rather be in the U.S. than anywhere in the world. Now you can bash me. smile.gif
::rawr::

Jordan
  • Jordan

Boss

• Members

Posted 28 October 2005 - 03:30 AM

QUOTE (Spidey. @ Oct 27 2005, 21:26)

Seriously, i was just thinking this a minute ago and wanted to know what other people thought about it.

Best post in this forum in a while. I always wanted to post something similar but I thought I'd get flamed. Thanks for posting though.

Tsuroki
  • Tsuroki

Gone Fishin'

• None

Posted 28 October 2005 - 04:01 AM

QUOTE (Jordan @ Oct 27 2005, 23:30)
QUOTE (Spidey. @ Oct 27 2005, 21:26)

Best post in this forum in a while. I always wanted to post something similar but I thought I'd get flamed. Thanks for posting though.

Yeah. You would've. By me, most likely. It also depends on the wording, which Spidey was more careful about than I assume you would've been.

Ta ta.

user posted image

SagaciousKJB
  • SagaciousKJB

Captain tl;dr

• The Connection

Posted 28 October 2005 - 04:10 AM

Honestly, I think it has something to do with most of the other countries on the Earth with a population near or over ours having a language that's very different from English. I mean, while every exploit that happens in America can be exploited and then understood by people from the UK, Canada, whatever, a large portion of sh*t that goes on in India or China will only be written and reorted on in that language, and will be less likely to be picked up on.

I mean, India and China both have populations of over a billion; you'd think that they would have a little more news reported than they do--the only thing is they do, but most of it isn't in English.

Now either I just solved this entire thign with logic, or I'm an idiot. Inform me.

Spidey.
  • Spidey.

Secret Wars

• Members

Posted 28 October 2005 - 04:16 AM

QUOTE (SagaciousKJB @ Oct 28 2005, 00:10)
Now either I just solved this entire thign with logic, or I'm an idiot. Inform me.

Y--

I'll let someone else do it. smile.gif

PixelJ
  • PixelJ

Code Lyoko!

• Members

Posted 28 October 2005 - 02:51 PM

QUOTE (123abc @ Oct 27 2005, 22:17)
Yes.......not all americans are greasy fatass loudmouths....some of us are actually smart. wow.gif

I know it's not the right thing to do, but when I hear about Bush this, Bush that, I just turn the other cheek. Mostly because I don't give a sh*t, and because I've faced the fact that we have no control over our own government and that they have too much power. SO what's that use whining if nothing will change? All polititions are alike. They have an extreme love for money.

But I will say this. I would rather be in the U.S. than anywhere in the world. Now you can bash me. smile.gif
::rawr::

We should totallly disban it and start over again.

We can. rah.gif

Svip
  • Svip

I eat babies

• Members

Posted 28 October 2005 - 03:07 PM

Seriously, there is nothing interesting for you people that goes on in Denmark.

We have our own stuff, but mainly I care about news from the outside world, excluding America, it's always the same news from there; "Killing, corruption and someone lying about stuff."

Yuck Fou
  • Yuck Fou

<3 Mar

• Members

Posted 28 October 2005 - 09:20 PM

Let's not forget the fact that the American media feeds off of scandal, death, and disasters. 90% of every news program has something to do with something horrible happening. It's all you EVER see on the news. That stuff does go on in other countries too.

By the way; despite its many flaws, and its rather inept government at the moment... I still love my country. There's nowhere else I'd rather be... even when it's at its worst.

123abc
  • 123abc

Text Book f*cking Mental

• Feroci Racing

Posted 28 October 2005 - 10:05 PM

QUOTE (Yuck Fou @ Oct 28 2005, 21:20)

By the way; despite its many flaws, and its rather inept government at the moment... I still love my country. There's nowhere else I'd rather be... even when it's at its worst.

And that's what counts in the end. smile.gif ::rawr::

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users