Photo

Buddy flipped his Jeep

28 replies to this topic
That guy.
  • That guy.

It's all about the music

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 27 October 2005 - 04:31 AM

This guy just got his license 2 days before this happened. We were all headed to my house in our own cars (Me, Kevin, Will, and Justin). Me and kevin both live in this neighborhood, so we know the streets like the back of our hands. I'm in my Jeep (Same Jeep that Will had when he flipped it), Kevins in his Mercury Grand Marquee, and Justins in his Dodge Ram. Me and Kevin are pulling ahead, and Will decides that he he has enough experience to try to keep up with us. So he hits about 60 in the neighborhood on the main road (we were only doing like 45) and of course, he loses it. On Jeep ZJs, the rear axle is locked for off road purposes. So when you take it on a turn, the inside wheel will always squeel a little bit. And sure enough, the ass end of the Jeep starts coming around on the curve, he over corrects, hits a patch of gravel off the side of the road, and slides sideways into a fence. The fence is on a part of the ground that's about 8 inches lower than the road, so it dips a little before hitting the fence. Once it hits the fence, the tires grip the dirt embankment, and over he goes. When it comes back down on the wheels, the driving force from the rear wheels shoves the Jeep nicely into this little grove of trees, as seen below...

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

Sorry for the quality, the pics were taken on my phone.

Selah
  • Selah

Time Was So Long Ago.

• Members

Posted 27 October 2005 - 04:39 AM

Ahh, the fine times when you're learning how to drive.

Hope everyone came out okay.

TheRoper
  • TheRoper

West Coast

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 27 October 2005 - 04:42 AM

yeah, hopefully no one was injured. good thing it was a jeep, 'cuz those things are damn safe... i'm lookin' to get one within the next few months (the 99-04 model).

That guy.
  • That guy.

It's all about the music

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 27 October 2005 - 05:07 AM

Ya, he was fine except for a cut on his hand from some glass. Immediately after he wrecked, he ran out of the Jeep, ran across the street, yelled F*CK as loud as he could, ran back and turned off the ignition. It was kinda funny actually. I asked his dad if I could take the fan shroud off of it to put on my Jeep. I don't think his dad was in the mood for jokes.

Octember
  • Octember

propaganda inc

• BUSTED!

Posted 27 October 2005 - 05:14 AM

i bet he's banned for life from going near a car.

F*CK.

anuj
  • anuj

iconic

• Inactive Staff
  • None

Posted 27 October 2005 - 05:37 AM

The moral of the story?

Carpool. And don't let the f*ckhead drive.

Plus, you save gas. user posted image

MetalGrand
  • MetalGrand

Hail To The King

• Members

Posted 27 October 2005 - 05:42 AM

Ouch, that sucks.

Reminds me of a time like this one, and I shouldn't get into that.

Technical Difficulty
  • Technical Difficulty

Run for your life.

• BUSTED!

Posted 27 October 2005 - 06:17 AM

Aftermath of Hurricane Stupidity.

Cran.
  • Cran.

910 reprisent

• Members

Posted 27 October 2005 - 07:52 AM

Nice Jeep. Well, before it got flipped and all. If the roof in a sedan got smashed in like that, the driver would probably be dead. Did he get is Learners or Full Licence? Or is that different over there?

Mercedes-Benz
  • Mercedes-Benz

NYC

• Members

Posted 27 October 2005 - 11:24 AM

I hate those f*cking Jeeps. They all flip. When I was 9 me and my dad were driving and some guy decides he can just pull across 6 lanes of traffic with no traffic light or anything. Well, when he got to the 3rd lane, we were there and he clipped the back of our Jeep (the same on in the pic) and we rolled over 3 times. Nobody got hurt, and my dad just bought the Jeep for dirt cheap to move. So it wasen't a big deal or anything.

That guy.
  • That guy.

It's all about the music

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 27 October 2005 - 05:43 PM

QUOTE (Mercedes-Benz @ Oct 27 2005, 05:24)
I hate those f*cking Jeeps. They all flip. When I was 9 me and my dad were driving and some guy decides he can just pull across 6 lanes of traffic with no traffic light or anything. Well, when he got to the 3rd lane, we were there and he clipped the back of our Jeep (the same on in the pic) and we rolled over 3 times. Nobody got hurt, and my dad just bought the Jeep for dirt cheap to move. So it wasen't a big deal or anything.

Wait, you mean SUVs are more inclined to roll than other vehicles? News to me. sarcasm.gif

These Jeeps are built for off road driving. It even has tips for off road driving in the manual. What do expect it to drive like, an RX7?

da grove street `G`
  • da grove street `G`

! NOWAILOL !

• BUSTED!

Posted 31 October 2005 - 07:05 PM

That guy.
that guy is lucky he was driving a jeep

could have got his head smashed in

but sorry for him cause if that happened to my new car i would be heart broke

millermagic
  • millermagic

The CCR Fan

• Members

Posted 01 November 2005 - 12:40 AM

Here's the deal, all of you people that think SUV's are so unsafe because you might flip them. First of all, Jeeps arn't made to go fast, they are made for off road. Try taking your honda civic offroad - you won't make it far. Most cars nowadays, besides something like a grand marquis or a crown vic, arn't full frame vehicles and are actually very prone to flipping. Almost any vehicle you get sideways at 60 will roll over.

Jeeps are safe vehicles and they are harder to flup thgan a car. My mom's wrangler would be alot harder to flip than my car becuase my car has a bunch of glass up high, an engine mounted on top of a transaxle and no frame.

But I'm glad your friend is okay.

Duders
  • Duders

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 November 2005 - 12:54 AM

Geez, why do people always have to compare Jeeps to Civics. They're both totally differen't cars. Jeeps are unsafe cos they can flip over easily and civics are unsafe cos they're small.

-duders

millermagic
  • millermagic

The CCR Fan

• Members

Posted 01 November 2005 - 01:06 AM

The idea is, a civic is made completely for on road driving and has no off road capibilities what so ever. A jeep has off road capabilities. The idea of saying a jeep is safe compared to a little car is like comparing apples to oranges

JJHW
  • JJHW

Foot Soldier

• Feroci Racing

Posted 01 November 2005 - 07:59 AM

Hooray, a dead SUV...

There are only 3 'SUVs' that can properly go off road, Land Rovers, Range Rovers and Mercedes G-Wagens, although they're soon to be turned into another boring SUV...

I refer you to the video of a Jeep Liberty trying to climb a hill and the whole drivetrain actually FALLS OFF... Niiiice...

Oh actaully, I've heard Mitsubishi L200s are okay off road too... Also, SUVs aare built for school runs, if you want to go off road, you had better get proper tyres, anyone see Top Gear with that Grand Cherokee? It was slipping sideways down a hill... 4x4s are built for off-road, SUVs are built for people's need for status, Range Rover's included...

SUV;

user posted image

4x4;

user posted image

SUVs shouldn't be alowed on normal roads, it's like driving a van, but people drive them like cars, it's not safe...

+FF7F24+

SIP YEK NOD
  • SIP YEK NOD

I drink and I smash because i love

• BUSTED!

Posted 01 November 2005 - 08:18 AM

QUOTE (JJHW @ Nov 1 2005, 01:59)
There are only 3 'SUVs' that can properly go off road, Land Rovers, Range Rovers and Mercedes G-Wagens, although they're soon to be turned into another boring SUV...
+FF7F24+

Gee, that sounds like an informed and completely unbiased opinion. sarcasm.gif

on topic, if a driver tries to push any vehicle past its limitations, there is more chance of wrecking it. the problem in this situation isn't a bad vehicle, rather a bad driver. judging by the topic starter's discription of how the accident happened, the guy would have rolled any vehicle he was driving if he did the same thing.

JJHW
  • JJHW

Foot Soldier

• Feroci Racing

Posted 01 November 2005 - 08:22 AM

Oh yeah, agreed...

And what the hell bias? I've seen them perform poorly, read articles about it, all that jazz. Ford have managed some eerie balance of 4x4 and SUV, although I think you still need to shell out for proper tyres... But the point is, I hate them all anyway...

And this is what the G-Wagen's turning into, ick!

user posted image

Anyway on topic, yeah, never push a car when you've only just got your license, or drive an SUV over 60...

+FF7F24+

That guy.
  • That guy.

It's all about the music

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 01 November 2005 - 06:38 PM

That comment on "the only vehicles that can go off road" is almost as ignorant as your comment in another thread about how only japan, italy, and some other country make real sports cars.

You don't think a Jeep can go off road? Hahaha. I've buried the f*cking axles on m Jeep in nasty ass houston mud, and still managed to drive out of it. I've climbed rock hills at over 45 degree angles. I've done donuts in a mudhole around my friend that got stuck in his montero sport. And that's just a stock grand cherokee, with some sh*tty all terrains (dominator sport ATs). I admit that most SUVs nowadays wouldnt last for sh*t off road, but you narrowed it down WAY too far. And a stock wrangler has around 22 inches of suspension flex btw. And have you ever seen a Nissan Xterra XE tear it up?

EDIT: Ford? Fords SUVs are horrible off road. They're more family oriented nowadays. Although their trucks are rowdy as hell.

JJHW
  • JJHW

Foot Soldier

• Feroci Racing

Posted 01 November 2005 - 11:24 PM

Ford own Land Rover... Do your research... SUVs are actually an evil of the world, they should never have been created...
+FF7F24+

That guy.
  • That guy.

It's all about the music

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 01 November 2005 - 11:38 PM

Yes, Ford OWNS landrover. They do not PRODUCE landrover.

JJHW
  • JJHW

Foot Soldier

• Feroci Racing

Posted 02 November 2005 - 08:37 AM

Still, Land Rover's contain a lot of Ford parts... And vice versa...
+FF7F24+

Pavlov
  • Pavlov

For your eyes only

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 02 November 2005 - 08:59 AM

QUOTE (JJHW @ Nov 2 2005, 09:37)
Still, Land Rover's contain a lot of Ford parts... And vice versa...
+FF7F24+

sorry that means nothing.

Taste Of Chaos
  • Taste Of Chaos

Bill doesn't know.

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 02 November 2005 - 08:06 PM

ah f*ck, im gunna pout some new suspension in my car after i saw that cry.gif

Touge
  • Touge

Snitch

• Members

Posted 03 November 2005 - 02:17 AM

Stop being so ignorant people. Of course SUV's (hate that term) don't handle like a sports car, look at them! this crash is a result of what happens when people (particularly inexperienced drivers) try to drive an SUV like it's a sports car. And it's not just American SUV's that are top-heavy either.

I must say though, I'm not a huge fan of so-called 'off-road' or 'sports utility vehicles'. And I don't see how living in the city suburbs justifies buying a massive, excessive, basically useless and impractical vehicle either (attention all desperate housewives.)

And I hate how people think SUV's are safer. Isn't prevention the best cure? So why not buy something that you're less likely to crash with instead of something that takes longer to stop, carries more weight, and doesn't go around corners as well?

People can do what they want with their money but it still seems stupid. confused.gif

ChevyTrucksFan
  • ChevyTrucksFan

• Members

Posted 03 November 2005 - 03:51 AM

SUV= Sport utility vehicle... sounds like something that should be driven offroad to me. Only thing is, people have killed that term and so many people now just buy an suv for the social status, and now manufacturers are just building them for that kind of crowd. Anyone who buys an SUV or truck to put big rims on it and lower it needs to kill themself. It defeats the whole purpose of having one.

JJHW
  • JJHW

Foot Soldier

• Feroci Racing

Posted 03 November 2005 - 08:11 AM

Haha, there's 2 lowered Range Rovers where I live, they're the most sickening of all...
+FF7F24+

Pavlov
  • Pavlov

For your eyes only

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 03 November 2005 - 09:08 AM

QUOTE (JJHW @ Nov 3 2005, 09:11)
Haha, there's 2 lowered Range Rovers where I live, they're the most sickening of all...
+FF7F24+

how the f*ck you can lower a RR as it's already on pneumatics????

JJHW
  • JJHW

Foot Soldier

• Feroci Racing

Posted 04 November 2005 - 08:32 AM

Yeah, weird isn't it... They're both pretty low... Like further than the suspension allows in stock form...
+FF7F24+

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users