Need For Speed: Most Wanted

592 replies to this topic
Stretchnutter
  • Stretchnutter

Also known as Racer_S

• Members

Posted 26 October 2005 - 04:44 PM

Mid-November

Electronic Arts revealed that a playable demo of Need for Speed Most Wanted will be released next month (thanks: Blues). Combining the thrill of illicit street racing and tuner customization with the intensity of strategic police pursuits that rivals any Hollywood-style chase scene, Need for Speed Most Wanted promises to challenge players to become the most notorious and elusive street racer. The game features a dynamic open world, new gameplay and customization as well as tuners, supercars, muscles and sports cars.

Source: GamersHell

I'm a bit excited about this one because the cops are making a return after 2 versions without cops... (NFS:U, NFS:U2)

I mean c'mon, the cops make all the fun. About time the producers got their heads straightened.

Seems its using the same old physics engine and still no damage.. its only an arcade game, but looks like damn fun.

Lithium
  • Lithium

Draugr

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 26 October 2005 - 05:58 PM

I wouldn't mind trying now with the cops....after all, as you said they haven't been around for awhile.

guv
  • guv

Bad Old Puddy Cat

• Members

Posted 26 October 2005 - 06:31 PM

I'm hoping the PS2 demo of it I played recently was some kind of early version as it was... sh*te! The car was shiny and solid, but that made it all the more remote from the PS One standard graphics elsewhere. And after playing Burnout: Revenge and Midnight Club 3 the collision mechanics were abysmal: hit a wall and the car stuck to it as if the the walls were magnetic. Heavy, unresponsive handling too.

Not nice.

nor
  • nor

• Members

Posted 26 October 2005 - 07:23 PM

It owns yea! A kinda mix between Hot Pursuit and Underground. I'm happy the races are on day now, not on night. I will buy this one!

Vanillainy
  • Vanillainy

Fancy Clown.

• Zaibatsu

Posted 26 October 2005 - 08:34 PM

Ive got the demo at home now with a few other great games and it f*cking rocks.

The car's reflections and crome are all shiny and the graphics are pretty damn sweet.
The cops A.I is very realistic and can be extremely hard to get away from , because as one rams you from behind other cops will come and push you into the side of the road and bblock every way to get out.

After races you have time to get away from the cops. You can either hide (which is hard to find places to hide) or just try and survive for the time.

There is also partial damage , your car gets huge scratches down the side but no actual proper damage.

Overall i'd give it a 9/10.

A must buy for car racer fans.

Cran.
  • Cran.

910 reprisent

• Members

Posted 26 October 2005 - 11:26 PM

Yes! About time a demo came out. NFS series was ruined by the Underground/Ricer since, but now this one's got the best of both versions! Body customisation is optional this time I believe.

CtrlAltSupr
  • CtrlAltSupr

Got soul, but I'm not a soldier

• Members

Posted 26 October 2005 - 11:30 PM

I thought it was going to be awesome. But so far I'm not liking what I see. The cars are not that cool, no handa/nissan cars, music is not as good as previous underground 1/2, and the only cool cars are modded so they look uncool. angry.gif
Anyways, I'll wait 'till it is released so I can have a fair judgement.

Natedogg.
  • Natedogg.

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 27 October 2005 - 01:14 AM

Personally I think that the developers have gone back to the roots of the NFS genre. I hated all that BS street racing crap because the series never started out like that. I'm hoping this game will be good.

Trueno_Drifter86
  • Trueno_Drifter86

The failure of the family and proud of it!

• Members

Posted 27 October 2005 - 01:59 AM

Ctrl I think you mean Honda not Handa.

I've been dieing to play this game hell I wanted to go to Nopi Nationals to go play it (they had it there) but it's to far away. It's awsome that they've added the cops back in I hope they implement some of the stuff from Most Wanted into the next Underground.

Oh and Cran a ricer is a car that is "all show and no go" even though the cars looked a bit ricy they still went fast and thats all that counts.
Trueno

CtrlAltSupr
  • CtrlAltSupr

• Members

Posted 27 October 2005 - 03:24 AM

Yeah, Honda. That was a typo. Cops do sound good, but still, I don't like the car selection. Neither I like the C6 pictures in the website.

uzer
  • uzer

FeroC9

• United-States

Posted 27 October 2005 - 03:44 AM

QUOTE (Trueno_Drifter86 @ Oct 26 2005, 20:59)

I've been dieing to play this game hell I wanted to go to Nopi Nationals to go play it (they had it there) but it's to far away. It's awsome that they've added the cops back in I hope they implement some of the stuff from Most Wanted into the next Underground.

Oh and Cran a ricer is a car that is "all show and no go" even though the cars looked a bit ricy they still went fast and thats all that counts.
Trueno

I think you mean dying not dieing. I think you mean too not to. I think you mean awesome not awsome...............

GTA3Freak-2001
  • GTA3Freak-2001

Run out of Cake.

• Members

Posted 27 October 2005 - 03:54 AM

QUOTE (CtrlAltSupr @ Oct 27 2005, 12:54)
Yeah, Honda. That was a typo. Cops do sound good, but still, I don't like the car selection. Neither I like the C6 pictures in the website.

The car selection is the best thing about it, no more 4bangers just your exotic supercars and high-end imports biggrin.gif

_-playero-_
  • _-playero-_

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 27 October 2005 - 04:12 AM Edited by _-playero-_, 27 October 2005 - 04:24 AM.

QUOTE (uzer_errors @ Oct 27 2005, 03:44)
QUOTE (Trueno_Drifter86 @ Oct 26 2005, 20:59)

Trueno

I think you mean dying not dieing. I think you mean too not to. I think you mean awesome not awsome...............

Hmm, owned...

Cops, Guess I'll have to see that, I love cop chases...
(but who gives a sh*t anyway?)

And I hope collisions will be improved, they sucked in Underground 1 & 2.

CtrlAltSupr
  • CtrlAltSupr

• Members

Posted 27 October 2005 - 04:22 AM Edited by CtrlAltSupr, 27 October 2005 - 04:26 AM.

But the selection is not as good as previous NFS games featured. I mean, I'd rather play my old HP2 than racing the car list on MW.

&

Customization is not a good thing on this cars. What I mean is that customizing non exotic cars make them look real cool, but customizing exotic cars makes them fugly. Maybe adding a discreet spoiler here and a stripe vinyl there, but then lots of parts will be programed for few vehicles that look good with them on it.

&

C'mon, seriously. There are tons of really cool cars not listed. They took what "is hot" right now because "every1" likes it(the car). But hey!, I see no Ferraris which is a brand previously featured in NFS games. And they took the SLR instead of MANY Mercedez models. Plus, you will be racing that car to other cars that could never be compared to it in real life racing. I think they don't have more than one or two similar Porsches either.

Sorry if I'm being a f*ck, but when I first heard of this game a long while ago it just sounded very different. And My concept of what it would be was so much better than what it looks like right now. Anyways, how I already said, I'm waitin untill it actually comes out to judge it.

_-playero-_
  • _-playero-_

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 27 October 2005 - 04:34 AM

Off-topic: This was f*cking hilarious...

QUOTE (from the site)
quiero la demo ya joder que pasa eso ea games hijos de puta tengo ganas como droga most wanted siempre a ultima hora la demo tienen mucha cara

(if you understand spanish)

Tuff Luv Capo
  • Tuff Luv Capo

We must find Ansama Benlanden

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 27 October 2005 - 04:59 AM

I miss the old NFS, before they went completely rice, and even dropped the idea of stats so that even a stock civic could keep up with a stock or even modded Mustang or GTO.

Vanillainy
  • Vanillainy

Fancy Clown.

• Zaibatsu

Posted 27 October 2005 - 09:38 AM

They have a speedbreaker (i think thats what its called) were every thing slows down and you get complete control over your car, which is pretty good for getting away from the cops.

Its not like nfs2 though (which was pretty crap) were everyting was at night with you driving to your races with your over pimped car,which looked ridiculous.
Its now set at dawn or dusk and the cars look better with not so super crazy mods.

Cran.
  • Cran.

910 reprisent

• Members

Posted 27 October 2005 - 10:10 AM Edited by Cran., 27 October 2005 - 10:19 AM.

QUOTE (Trueno_Drifter86 @ Oct 27 2005, 12:29)
Trueno

Ummm, right.....

A ricer is any Japanese/Korean car that is un-tastefully customised in anyway. Ricers normally have turbocharged versions of 4 and V6 engines etc, that sound like a teacher scratching her nails on a chalkboard. And also, the exhast that's bigger than my TV is a must on ricers. Don't try and school me on cars, lol! I've never heard of a Ricer being to refered as a car that's all show and no go confused.gif Yes, some ricers are, but it's not the entire defintion. It's any 'souped' up Japanese/Korean car.

Yeah, lets go crash our mum's mini van!!

Anyway, I recon that this is the best of both worlds here. There's still our normal ricer-4bangers, but now we have the exotics back, but still some of the better features that were introduced in the Underground series. Like free roaming and others.

@Freakeh there is like a couple of Ricer rockets in MW, right?

Errr, YES THERE IS..

* Aston Martin DB9
    * Audi A4 3.2 FSI quattro
    * Audi TT 3.2 quattro
    * Audi A3 3.2 quattro
    * BMW M3 GTR

* Mercedes-Benz SL 500
    * SL65 AMG
    * Mercedes-Benz CLK 500
    * Dodge Viper SRT10
    * Fiat Punto

* Ford GT
    * Ford Mustang GT
    * Corvette C6
    * Corvette C6.R
    * Cadillac CTS

* Pontiac GTO
    * Vauxhall Monaro VXR
    * Cobalt SS
    * Lamborghini Murciélago

* Lamborghini Gallardo
    * Lotus Elise
    * Mazda RX-8
    * Mazda RX-7
    * Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren

* Mitsubishi Lancer EVOLUTION VIII
    * Mitsubishi Eclipse
    * Porsche Carrera GT
    * Porsche 911 Turbo S
    * Porsche 911 GT2

* Porsche 911 Carrera S
    * Porsche Cayman S
    * Renault Clio V6
    * Subaru Impreza WRX STi
    * Lexus IS300

* Toyota Supra
    * VW Golf GTI

Bold = RICER!!
Underlined = European, but still possible canditates for Ricing etc.

The Colbat SS *shivers* is still kind of a Ricer I guess. Not that I dont like RX-8's and Evo's, they're nice cars, but people still bother to do them up, and they are nice when they are un-modifed. Makes no sence why you'd bother paying for a Sport/Rally version of a car (Or just a stock for Rx-8 etc.) and do it up.

Azazel
  • Azazel

• None
  • Topic of the Year 2012 "GTA V Vehicle Database"
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 27 October 2005 - 05:59 PM Edited by azazel., 27 October 2005 - 06:01 PM.

QUOTE (Cran. @ Oct 27 2005, 12:10)
Trueno

Ummm, right.....

A ricer is any Japanese/Korean car that is un-tastefully customised in anyway. Ricers normally have turbocharged versions of 4 and V6 engines etc, that sound like a teacher scratching her nails on a chalkboard. And also, the exhast that's bigger than my TV is a must on ricers. Don't try and school me on cars, lol! I've never heard of a Ricer being to refered as a car that's all show and no go confused.gif Yes, some ricers are, but it's not the entire defintion. It's any 'souped' up Japanese/Korean car.

So what you're saying is that it's all about definition and taste. But surely you must accept if other people's opinions differ from yours and the general definition, yes? smile.gif

Also, by only refering to Japanese cars as 'ricers', are you denying that any non-Japanese car could be untastefully modified?

But on-topic: I can't f*cking wait.

The people bashing the game because it doesn't have their favourite car in it, or compare the handling to faster paced toy car racing like Burnout should be ashamed.

And of course there'll be plenty of the cars from the earlier series in the game. Both exotic, street racers, and real performers are represented, and therefore I don't se how I could possibly put down the car seletcion on that account.

But yeah. It's OK to make various assumptions at this, still quite early, stage, but I find it rather silly to write off the game without having played the final version.

So I'll hold my breath till I do.

G'day.
~az

Stretchnutter
  • Stretchnutter

Also known as Racer_S

• Members

Posted 27 October 2005 - 06:34 PM Edited by Stretchnutter, 27 October 2005 - 06:38 PM.

Two new trailers out today:

NFS:MW Trailer #8 - Be the cop mode

NFS:MW Trailer #9 - Speedbreaker

CtrlAltSupr
  • CtrlAltSupr

• Members

Posted 27 October 2005 - 10:36 PM

Is the list Cran posted official?

Trueno_Drifter86
  • Trueno_Drifter86

• Members

Posted 27 October 2005 - 11:12 PM Edited by Trueno_Drifter86, 27 October 2005 - 11:14 PM.

QUOTE (Cran. @ Oct 27 2005, 05:10)
Trueno

Ummm, right.....

Yeah, lets go crash our mum's mini van!!

Anyway, I recon that this is the best of both worlds here. There's still our normal ricer-4bangers, but now we have the exotics back, but still some of the better features that were introduced in the Underground series. Like free roaming and others.

@Freakeh there is like a couple of Ricer rockets in MW, right?

Errr, YES THERE IS..

* Aston Martin DB9
    * Audi A4 3.2 FSI quattro
    * Audi TT 3.2 quattro
    * Audi A3 3.2 quattro
    * BMW M3 GTR

* Mercedes-Benz SL 500
    * SL65 AMG
    * Mercedes-Benz CLK 500
    * Dodge Viper SRT10
    * Fiat Punto

* Ford GT
    * Ford Mustang GT
    * Corvette C6
    * Corvette C6.R
    * Cadillac CTS

* Pontiac GTO
    * Vauxhall Monaro VXR
    * Cobalt SS
    * Lamborghini Murciélago

* Lamborghini Gallardo
    * Lotus Elise
    * Mazda RX-8
    * Mazda RX-7
    * Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren

* Mitsubishi Lancer EVOLUTION VIII
    * Mitsubishi Eclipse
    * Porsche Carrera GT
    * Porsche 911 Turbo S
    * Porsche 911 GT2

* Porsche 911 Carrera S
    * Porsche Cayman S
    * Renault Clio V6
    * Subaru Impreza WRX STi
    * Lexus IS300

* Toyota Supra
    * VW Golf GTI

Bold = RICER!!
Underlined = European, but still possible canditates for Ricing etc.

The Colbat SS *shivers* is still kind of a Ricer I guess. Not that I dont like RX-8's and Evo's, they're nice cars, but people still bother to do them up, and they are nice when they are un-modifed. Makes no sence why you'd bother paying for a Sport/Rally version of a car (Or just a stock for Rx-8 etc.) and do it up.

I wasn't trying to school you on cars sorry if I looked like an ass. My deffinition of a ricer is just different then yours

Not many people have even had the chance to rice a Cobalt or the new Eclipse yet but They will be ricers in about a year or two.

Crtl I'm pretty sure it would be official I think they released it a week or something ago.

PS your avatar is f*cking helarious (at least to me)
Trueno

Majestic
  • Majestic

dirty commie

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 28 October 2005 - 02:12 AM

The lack of ferraris is disturbing! Where are they?!
Also, i pray that the game is easy to mod - then you'll see all the cars you wanted to see wink.gif

The-King
  • The-King

[Rekt Intensifies]

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 28 October 2005 - 02:22 AM

I have really been looking forward to this game, I tried to match the feel of exotics by de-ricing my cars on NFSU2 but it didn't work.

And from what I heard this game will have about a hundred cars to choose from, but that was earlier this year, so I'll just wait and see.~TGK

GTA3Freak-2001
  • GTA3Freak-2001

Run out of Cake.

• Members

Posted 28 October 2005 - 03:54 AM

Well yeah there are still cars that can be riced but I meant that most imports in the game are the high-end kinds instead of your Ford Focus, Honda Civic, Puegeot 206 etc. Yeah there's still the Fiat Punto and VW Golf but overall I am happy that exotics have taken the place of the least favoured cars from Underground 2.

guv
  • guv

Bad Old Puddy Cat

• Members

Posted 28 October 2005 - 10:12 PM

EA producing a Need For Speed game that is shallow and irritating? Surely not.

Electronic Arts idiots. They wouldn't recognise an original concept if it bit them.

A game based on the Franco-Prussian Wars? Better get some Blink 182 in there for "the kids".

CtrlAltSupr
  • CtrlAltSupr

• Members

Posted 30 October 2005 - 12:09 AM

Cran's or mine?

Ontopic: Yeah, Imports' comeback was necesary for the NFS line. Guess They didn't make it an import only because the Undergrounds have been such great hits.

Trueno_Drifter86
  • Trueno_Drifter86

• Members

Posted 30 October 2005 - 01:24 AM

QUOTE (CtrlAltSupr @ Oct 29 2005, 19:09)

Cran's or mine?

Ontopic: Yeah, Imports' comeback was necesary for the NFS line. Guess They didn't make it an import only because the Undergrounds have been such great hits.

Crans, how could half of NES controller be funny? Unless your heavily medicated.
Trueno

original gangster
  • original gangster

Perfectly cromulent.

• Members

Posted 30 October 2005 - 03:53 AM

The game looks promising...and it plays pretty good in the demo too. I like it how the cops will chase you too, and that crashbreaker(or something like that) is great for making it through small gaps and such. New exotic cars are a welcome change, in NFSU2 I had to pimp out a puegeot 106....chavtastic turn.gif

Tuff Luv Capo
  • Tuff Luv Capo

We must find Ansama Benlanden

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 30 October 2005 - 06:19 AM

QUOTE (GTA3Freak-2001 @ Oct 27 2005, 22:54)
Well yeah there are still cars that can be riced but I meant that most imports in the game are the high-end kinds instead of your Ford Focus, Honda Civic, Puegeot 206 etc.

You may or may not have just offended Dup.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users