» «
Photo

Secrets and bugs

36 replies to this topic
Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 17 October 2005 - 03:14 PM Edited by Fireman, 09 July 2009 - 10:33 AM.

Secrets and Bugs

1.0 Secrets:

1.1 Special areas
- Alma Mater Prison
- Army Base
- Police HQ
- Zaibatsu Gate
- SRS Centre
1.2 Special Vehicles
- Armored Arachnid
- Bean's Red Limo
- RC Taxi
- Gray Redneck Pickup
- "Fire" Truck
- Black Meteor (non-SRS)
- Exploded Trailer
- Wangcars

2.0 Bugs:

2.1 Useless Bugs
- Enterable Building
- Wrong boss talking
- Car Bug
- Car Crusher Bug
- Tree "bug"
2.2 Useful Bugs
- Going up steep hills
- Easy Wangcar bonus
- Punching police officers
- Flying
- Using wrecks as bridges

1.0 Secrets

1.1 Special areas:

Alma Mater prison:

The Alma mater prison is in the south-west off the island and it only opens after the second red phone of the rednecks. After the mission you can go back there to kill prisoners or do whatever you want in there.

Army Base:

The army base is in the east side off the island, an easy way of getting there is going to ramp in the south-east off the Z-village jump over it on the other building now jump on the next building left on the screen (not the bridge) now jump on the railway and into the army base. Screenshots:

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

Police HQ:

Second red Zaibatsu mission opens up the police HQ next to Jesus Saves (Though you could already go into in but without a car). This will allow you to drive in there with a car and run over all those pigs.

Opening the Zaibatsu Gate:

The Rednecks green most south phone opens up the gate to Zaibatsu territory, this one of the places where you can see Rednecks and Zaibatsu shooting at each other.

SRS Clone Center:

SRS Clone center opens up in Zaibatsu's most south green phone.
The other part of SRC opens up in the mission Valdez Alert (right yellow mission Zaibatsu). You can enter it now without having to jump over the railways.

1.2 Special Vehicles:

Armored Arachnid

This is the first car presented to you in level two. It's a common vehicle but this one has extra power. You can easily ram through a limousine or a G4 Bank Van with this car, it pushes everything aside. Careful though, it still takes damage.

Bean's Red Limo:

Only Red Limo in level 2 it's the mission left yellow phone of the Zaibatsu called Operation Z.

RC Taxi:

Remote Controlled taxi used in Scientists red phone mission. (If you use the riot cheat you will find out it's not as remote controlled as you may think smile.gif )

Gray Redneck pickup:

The only redneck pickup which is gray, I always drive it you can get in the mission down yellow of the scientist, it's called we love you grandpa!
user posted image

''Fire truck'':

Fire truck which actually gives fire! You get it in the upper green mission of the Zaibatsu or when you find all the wangcars!

Non-SRS Meteor:

In the final mission after doing all other missions you get a black meteor without the SRS-logo on top. This car can be sprayed at Max Paint for another color.

Exploded trailer:

Get a trailer to a crane, put a car near the crane, the crane will pick it up and put it on the trailer before it does that blow up the trailer, you will now have a exploded trailer with a car on it.

Wangcars (wankers):

Only used in level two. You get money for every wangcar you find and when you find them all you get a money bonus and a lot of special cars like Armed Landroamer and a Tank:
user posted image

2.0 Bugs

2.1 Useless bugs:

Enterable building:

First go over here and face the same way as I am on this pic:
user posted image
Now jump and you'll be inside the building:
user posted image
Don't forget to bring a bazooka or some grenades to blow yourself up to get out again.

Wrong boss talking:

In this mission you will have to kidnap grandpa, but when you kill the rednecks who you're suppose to race this shows up:
user posted image
In the final mission when you also see Billy Bob's face even though it says, Look, it's DrLaBrat, instead of Billy Bob.

Car bug:

Car seems to be on something but is under it, happens to me a lot, this isn't extremely annoying but it makes it a tad less fun.

Car Crusher Bug:

Each second crane of the "factory" that destroys cars and gives you items in return, so the crane that grabs the wreckage and puts it up on the machine, also takes cars of a trailer and does absolutely nothing with it. As you can see on this image:
user posted image
However it only works the first time after that he won't take cars of the trailer anymore.

Tree Bug:

To the North of Z-Village there are some trees which you can jump on (even with a car).
user posted image

2.2 Useful bugs:

Getting up steep ramps:

To get up a ramp with a car (some of them you are too steep) hold your jump/brake button and then drive on it you'll make it:
user posted image

Easy way Wang car bonus:

Get one Wangcar save your game load your game get the same wangcar = Bonus!
Just get 50.000$ get one Wangcar, save the game, load it and get the same Wangcar again, this way you'll make 150.000$ each time, without cheating and you'll get all the cool cars!

Hitting police officers without getting police after you:

Just hit them, run away and hide around the corner. This should be entertaining for atleast 3 minutes.

Flying:

In v9.6, select grenade or molotov, jump off a building and then rapidly hit the use weapon button and the player will fly. It doesn't work the same in 9.6F or 10.3, you can fly over cars but not off a building. You can also see the Rednecks do this when they try to throw molotovs.

Using wrecked cars as bridges:

When you got a cap which you can't jump over, simply put a large vehicle (or small depending on the gap) and let it blow up, after that the wreckage will still be stuck in a gap and you can jump over it!

JernejL
  • JernejL

Big Homie

• Feroci

Posted 23 October 2005 - 07:05 PM

interesting finds, haven't seen the bugs before, also the wang cars bonus gives some more special vehicles, like the third tank and armed land roamers.

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 25 October 2005 - 08:35 AM

Yeh I know I haven't been playing gta 2 for a while so I don't remember everything tounge.gif I'll put it in. -Slurp Slurp, Hmmm... Sprunk!

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 27 May 2007 - 09:41 AM Edited by Fireman, 05 July 2009 - 10:56 AM.

This topic deserves a bump, besides I have something to add:

See fist post.

GTADOGG
  • GTADOGG

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 17 June 2007 - 06:17 AM

nice topic

rampage_ani.gif

rwesterh
  • rwesterh

I hate clowns

• Members

Posted 11 July 2007 - 10:32 PM

Lol at this one.

If you use the cheat > Gouranga > BUCKFAST, every one riots and all.
Do the mission Taxi Traitor (= the first red-phone mission from SRS) and go into town with the taxi (after training). When someone drags you out of the car you'll see it's not remote controlled tounge.gif

user posted image

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 12 July 2007 - 11:24 AM

QUOTE (rwesterh @ Jul 11 2007, 22:32)
Lol at this one.

If you use the cheat > Gouranga > BUCKFAST, every one riots and all.
Do the mission Taxi Traitor (= the first red-phone mission from SRS) and go into town with the taxi (after training). When someone drags you out of the car you'll see it's not remote controlled tounge.gif

user posted image

Haha that's awesome ;P I never tried that before, nice find. I'll add it.

Vinny Sindacco
  • Vinny Sindacco

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 19 July 2007 - 10:16 PM

I don't know if anyone posted this, but if you jump while throwing molotov cocktails, you can float.

Sektor
  • Sektor

GTAMP.com

• Members

Posted 20 July 2007 - 03:28 PM

QUOTE (Vinny Sindacco @ Jul 20 2007, 09:16)
I don't know if anyone posted this, but if you jump while throwing molotov cocktails, you can float.

Yes it's an old discovery that most people should know about but there will always be some people who don't know about it.

In v9.6, select grenade or molotov, jump off a building and then rapidly hit the use weapon button and the player will fly. It doesn't work the same in 9.6F or 10.3, you can fly over cars but not off a building.

Vinny Sindacco
  • Vinny Sindacco

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 21 July 2007 - 06:12 AM

I'd use that glitch to get to the secret insane asylum.

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 07 June 2008 - 01:05 PM

QUOTE (Vinny Sindacco @ Jul 21 2007, 06:12)

I forgot in which mission you actually blow open that wall to destroy those generators in the SRS Center. However I do remember that after this mission the wall remains destoryed and you can take a car to enter it again.

chapapote
  • chapapote

Homie

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 07 June 2008 - 03:14 PM

QUOTE (Fireman @ Jun 7 2008, 13:05)
QUOTE (Vinny Sindacco @ Jul 21 2007, 06:12)

I forgot in which mission you actually blow open that wall to destroy those generators in the SRS Center. However I do remember that after this mission the wall remains destoryed and you can take a car to enter it again.

I think it's called "Valdez alert".

chapapote
  • chapapote

Homie

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 17 June 2008 - 10:28 PM Edited by chapapote, 18 June 2008 - 09:05 PM.

QUOTE (Fireman @ Oct 17 2005, 15:14)
Gray Redneck pickup:
The only redneck pickup which is gray, I always drive it you can get in the mission down yellow of the scientist, it's called we love you grandpa!
user posted image

Wrong guy talking:
In this mission you wil have to kidnap grandpa, but when you kill them this shows up:
user posted image

Firstly, we can add the black Meteor to the list of special vehicles.
Secondly, at the end of the video, when Billy Bob Bean makes appearance, the guy says "Hey, it's the SRS boss, Dr LaBrat, finish him!" (you can check it if you speak Spanish, if not, you can still read the name "Dr LaBrat").

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 20 June 2008 - 12:11 PM

QUOTE (chapapote @ Jun 17 2008, 22:28)

Secondly, at the end of the video, when Billy Bob Bean makes appearance, the guy says "Hey, it's the SRS boss, Dr LaBrat, finish him!" (you can check it if you speak Spanish, if not, you can still read the name "Dr LaBrat").

From which quest is the Black Meteor from, the final one?

Seems like they messed up a couple of times with the wrong faces then ;P

chapapote
  • chapapote

Homie

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 20 June 2008 - 07:06 PM

QUOTE (Fireman @ Jun 20 2008, 12:11)

Yeah, it's the final mission. Besides, I discovered that black Meteor can be sprayed to yellow:

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 22 June 2008 - 05:22 PM

QUOTE (chapapote @ Jun 20 2008, 19:06)
QUOTE (Fireman @ Jun 20 2008, 12:11)

Yeah, it's the final mission. Besides, I discovered that black Meteor can be sprayed to yellow:

I think it can be turned into any color then, as long as though there are only 3 Pay"N"Spays in level 2. One black, one yellow and the other red I thought (the one west of SRC).

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 09 July 2008 - 06:53 PM Edited by Fireman, 09 July 2008 - 06:58 PM.

Added other areas to unlock in this level.

Note: Most of these areas are locked again after saving and loading the game.

Also added Black Meteor to special vehicle list.

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 10 July 2008 - 03:33 PM Edited by Fireman, 05 July 2009 - 10:51 AM.

Trriiippllle bump:

Army base entrance:

See first post.

chapapote
  • chapapote

Homie

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 11 July 2008 - 03:38 PM

QUOTE (Fireman @ Jul 10 2008, 15:33)
Trriiippllle bump:

Army base entrance:

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

There we go.

I think the most difficult part is not entering, but leaving.

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 11 July 2008 - 04:47 PM

QUOTE (chapapote @ Jul 11 2008, 15:38)

Nah it's easy at the left part of the army base is one fence turned the other way, you can jump over it from off the crate.

Not with car though.

chapapote
  • chapapote

Homie

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 13 July 2008 - 10:50 PM

QUOTE (Fireman @ Jul 11 2008, 16:47)

Nah it's easy at the left part of the army base is one fence turned the other way, you can jump over it from off the crate.

Not with car though.

Really? I`ll try it when I finish my holidays. Thanks a lot.

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 19 November 2008 - 11:43 AM

QUOTE (chapapote @ Jul 13 2008, 22:50)
QUOTE (Fireman @ Jul 11 2008, 16:47)

Not with car though.

Really? I`ll try it when I finish my holidays. Thanks a lot.

You should, even though there's nothing in there unfortunately.

Ghost glendale fan 4 live
  • Ghost glendale fan 4 live

Libby-Ketchup city!

• BUSTED!

Posted 19 November 2008 - 04:26 PM

Great topic, I found it really interesting, smile.gif

molotovgrenade
  • molotovgrenade

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 04 July 2009 - 11:32 PM

It's not just a black meteor, in the first district you also see a black miara and a black dementia.

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 05 July 2009 - 10:56 AM Edited by Fireman, 05 July 2009 - 11:06 AM.

QUOTE (molotovgrenade @ Jul 4 2009, 23:32)
It's not just a black meteor, in the first district you also see a black miara and a black dementia.

Yeh there are several special vehicles in the game, unfortunately I was addicted to level 2 and never spend a lot of attention to the other levels tounge.gif .

Also to the North of the Z-Village there are some trees you can jump on (even with a car(.
And edited all my posts, i.o.w everything's in first post now.
EDIT SS:
user posted image

Pictures from my obstacle course topic.

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 08 July 2009 - 03:58 PM

Updated the entire first post with a new layout (a not so crappy one) and added this:

When you got a cap which you can't jump over, simply put a large vehicle (or small depending on the gap) and let it blow up, after that the wreckage will still be stuck in a gap and you can jump over it!

molotovgrenade
  • molotovgrenade

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 08 July 2009 - 10:43 PM

1) You can get into the Army Base through normal entrance after you complete the mission "Tanks Giving"
2) In lots of missions you see wrong bosses talking or even the "neutral" guy, I don't remember which missions though
3) In the first area you can get a black miara and black dementia - Johnny Zoo and Elmo will be driving them
4) I don't get what do you mean by the "car bug"
5) As for the flying trick, you should look at enemies trying to attack you with Molotovs / Grenades - they are also flying
6) One more special car - the first car in 2nd area - Arachnid

Tricks:

1) You have a mission where you have to rescue some gang members - as long as one of them lives, the mission is passed
2) In missions - The taxis and miaras are escaping when you try to block them, but other cars aren't
3) In the second area you see a thief who steals the Z-Type and eventually gets smashed by a train

B-$hep
  • B-$hep

0xBADF00D

• Members

Posted 09 July 2009 - 08:41 AM

BUG is a feature. Practically in every software.

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 09 July 2009 - 10:30 AM Edited by Fireman, 09 July 2009 - 10:34 AM.

QUOTE (molotovgrenade @ Jul 8 2009, 22:43)
1) You can get into the Army Base through normal entrance after you complete the mission "Tanks Giving"
2) In lots of missions you see wrong bosses talking or even the "neutral" guy, I don't remember which missions though
3) In the first area you can get a black miara and black dementia - Johnny Zoo and Elmo will be driving them
5) As for the flying trick, you should look at enemies trying to attack you with Molotovs / Grenades - they are also flying

Tricks:

1) You have a mission where you have to rescue some gang members - as long as one of them lives, the mission is passed
2) In missions - The taxis and miaras are escaping when you try to block them, but other cars aren't
3) In the second area you see a thief who steals the Z-Type and eventually gets smashed by a train

1) This I'm 100% certain of that it closes, since I've checked a whole bunch of times, the door will be opened but there's an invsible wall in front of it.

2) Could be true, these few missions were the only one which I noticed. (with chapapote)

4) It's a bug/glitch where your car appears to be below a roof while it's on top of it. (mostly happens in the RV mobile park when you try to go up that broken house with a car)

5) Aye, the Rednecks are a good example for that.

6) Yeh forgot that, though it's not a special car it has a special ability, will add it.

Tricks
1) Makes sense tounge.gif
2) Mmm I'm not so sure about this, will check it out.
3) Doesn't always happen though, sometimes he drives the other way (to the north) or even to the west, also if you shoot the redneck before the SRS Scientist dies, the scientist will go after the Z-Man.

molotovgrenade
  • molotovgrenade

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 09 July 2009 - 12:17 PM

QUOTE (Fireman @ Jul 9 2009, 10:30)
QUOTE (molotovgrenade @ Jul 8 2009, 22:43)

Tricks:

1) This I'm 100% certain of that it closes, since I've checked a whole bunch of times, the door will be opened but there's an invsible wall in front of it.

2) Could be true, these few missions were the only one which I noticed. (with chapapote)

4) It's a bug/glitch where your car appears to be below a roof while it's on top of it. (mostly happens in the RV mobile park when you try to go up that broken house with a car)

5) Aye, the Rednecks are a good example for that.

6) Yeh forgot that, though it's not a special car it has a special ability, will add it.

Tricks
1) Makes sense tounge.gif
2) Mmm I'm not so sure about this, will check it out.
3) Doesn't always happen though, sometimes he drives the other way (to the north) or even to the west, also if you shoot the redneck before the SRS Scientist dies, the scientist will go after the Z-Man.

First of all I didn't notice that those are secrets only for area 2, you should do for 1 and 3 also.

2) I saw in 1st and 3rd area some of this stuff
5) Also Loonies in the mission "Happy Gas Smash" and Zaibatsu / Krishna in missions "Greatest Hits" and "Karma Assasins" respectively

Tricks

1) In "Rooftop Rescue" Zaibatsu dudes killed all the Krishna except one. I brang him back (only one out of five or six) and the mission was passed
2) Again, talking about 1st area, missions - "Taxi drivers must die" and "Armored Car Clash", but other missions such as "Big Bank Job", the car stops as soon as you block it

Also in the 2nd area when you complete a mission it says "Mission complete" instead of "Job complete" like in 1 and 3.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users