Photo

Help

9 replies to this topic
Rabero
  • Rabero

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 October 2005 - 10:12 PM

I don't know if this is the right forum but I've got a question. Everyone here seems to be talking about gangs and a recruitment forum is near the lower part of the forum. Is there some kind of multiplayer game for GTA that they have for computer? If not then whats It all about, and If there is how do you get it? Thanks for any help.

Natedogg.
  • Natedogg.

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 13 October 2005 - 10:16 PM

Gangs on here is a place to socialize and make new friends. Multi-Theft-Auto is different then the gangs seen here on the forums.

BTW this is your Online GTA, http://www.mtavc.com/

Rabero
  • Rabero

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 October 2005 - 10:18 PM

So the gang section here is just to make new friends, and a mutliplay GTA game is at the link, where I would have to download it?

Barguast
  • Barguast

Thy next foe is...

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 13 October 2005 - 10:19 PM

If you're after a multiplayer GTA game then you might also want to try out the Vice City Multiplayer mod.

Rabero
  • Rabero

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 October 2005 - 10:26 PM

Ok, I followed the link and went to the stickied multiplayer thread and clicked the link which after awhile brought me to this http://www.gtagarage...load.php?id=553 .

Now, when I download the game and click "vcmp01d" then "Run" it asks me which folder I want to put the game. I'm not very good with computers and not sure where to put it, can anyone help me out one more time? Thanks again for the help.

Barguast
  • Barguast

Thy next foe is...

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 13 October 2005 - 10:31 PM

Well, this is likely to turn into a VC:MP support topic so I guess I'll move it there.

Save the file wherever you like - it isn't really important. Once you've downloaded the file, open it and the installation will begin. This is all pretty straightforward but make sure you choose to install the mod in your Vice City folder otherwise it won't work.

Moved to Vice City Multiplayer

Mike
  • Mike

Hustler

• The Connection

Posted 13 October 2005 - 10:48 PM

QUOTE (Rabero @ Oct 13 2005, 23:26)
Ok, I followed the link and went to the stickied multiplayer thread and clicked the link which after awhile brought me to this http://www.gtagarage...load.php?id=553 .

Now, when I download the game and click "vcmp01d" then "Run" it asks me which folder I want to put the game. I'm not very good with computers and not sure where to put it, can anyone help me out one more time? Thanks again for the help.

You need to install it to your GTA Vice City folder, which by default is "C:\Program File\Rockstar Games\Grand Theft Auto Vice City\".

Rabero
  • Rabero

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 October 2005 - 12:27 AM

I've installed the Multiplayer game to C:\Program File\Rockstar Games\Grand Theft Auto Vice City\ , then when I go to that section I click on vc-mp to start the game. That brings me to a grey box with the options to "Launch Game", "Exit", etc. When I click Launch Game a box show up saying. "Couldn't launch gta-vc.exe. Did you install vc-mp to your Vice City Directory". I think a mod told me something about this but I'm not sure where to get the link to install vc-mp to my Vice City Directory, whatever that is. Anyone think they could help out?

FalconGT
  • FalconGT

Snitch

• Members

Posted 14 October 2005 - 12:32 AM

QUOTE (Rabero @ Oct 14 2005, 00:27)
I've installed the Multiplayer game to C:\Program File\Rockstar Games\Grand Theft Auto Vice City\ , then when I go to that section I click on vc-mp to start the game. That brings me to a grey box with the options to "Launch Game", "Exit", etc. When I click Launch Game a box show up saying. "Couldn't launch gta-vc.exe. Did you install vc-mp to your Vice City Directory". I think a mod told me something about this but I'm not sure where to get the link to install vc-mp to my Vice City Directory, whatever that is. Anyone think they could help out?

Sounds like you don't have it installed in the main dir of gtavc.

Barguast
  • Barguast

Thy next foe is...

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 14 October 2005 - 12:41 PM

There's no need to create a new topic for every little problem you encounter - just use your original topic and post an update. I'll merge them together shortly.

As I said early, you need to install the mod into your Vice City game folder. If you're not sure where this is you can find it by...
  • Locating the shortcut you use to run Vice City (ie. on your desktop, or in the start menu).
  • Right click the shortcut and select 'Properties' from the menu.
  • Click the 'Find Target' button.
This will open the Vice City game folder - that is the folder in which you should install the mod. Be sure to ready the instructions before you try the mod or you'll just run into further problems.

If you do have any other questions then please post them in this topic. smile.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users