boondock saints

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5 replies to this topic
trooper
  • trooper

Pink Nixon

• Members

Posted 12 October 2005 - 05:40 PM

just wondering if any of my fellow GTA peeps are fans of the very cool movie the Boondock saints??? I love that movie hope somebody around here does 2.

Tuff Luv Capo
  • Tuff Luv Capo

We must find Ansama Benlanden

• Members

Posted 12 October 2005 - 05:42 PM

I'm going to tell you that this needs to be moved, even though it is obvious, and in doing so does not actually move the topic. That makes me informed, yet underpowered and expendable. Move along.

Otter
  • Otter

sea dwelling madman

• Canada

Posted 12 October 2005 - 05:43 PM

Wrong
FORUM
YOU TIT

You should go here. Cheers.

WidowMaker
  • WidowMaker

Born with a black hat.

• The Precinct

Posted 12 October 2005 - 06:16 PM

Wow, what would we do without Otter?

I don't rate Boondock at all, it was alright, but it just felt too cliched, and the whole 'show the crime scene, then flashback to what happened' got old after it's first use.

The scene with the cat was a blatent rip off of Pulp Fiction. A bad one at that.

Otter
  • Otter

sea dwelling madman

• Canada

Posted 12 October 2005 - 06:54 PM

I have to agree with you on the cat scene. That character...whatsis face, with the crazy hair and "kooky" attitude was an asshole, too - I'm glad he ended up getting swacked.

I loved Willem Dafoe, however. Awesome performance as a homosexual in denial... and not just homosexual, but completey sexually f*cking confused.

I liked the over-all theme of vigilante justice, but I felt forced into feeling compassion most of the time.

Note to fellow film makers - saying "f*ck" a lot does not constitute dialog.

The score was flat out awful to boot. The whole film was just kind of...there. Had a whole "made for TV" feel to it as well.

Apparently, the director is a total asshole and has burned all his bridges since making this flick - and there's supposedly a documentary out there somewhere all about it.

papanesta
  • papanesta

Cantankerous Chauffeur

• The Precinct

Posted 12 October 2005 - 09:12 PM

Check before you post, even though you posted it in the wrong place.

Locked.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users