» «
Photo

[wtfbbq] Art Work

17 replies to this topic
Black-hawk
  • Black-hawk

Boss

• The Connection

Posted 06 October 2005 - 09:44 PM Edited by Black-hawk, 06 October 2005 - 09:47 PM.

It all started on a boring, sad day when I was disconnected from the web and since I have no life I decided to kill that bastard boredom by doing something in PS. Just kidding. catspider.gif
Hanyway, with some quite straight forward orders suggestions from certain uber sexy members of the team, here's what I've accomplished so far I(And please tell me if these will serve a purpose of any sort):

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Also, please note that some of stuff isn't fully complete, I'd like suggestions on what to add. Especially with the cop one.

Thumbnails are so 1 year ago.

VercettiVice
  • VercettiVice

Hustler

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 October 2005 - 09:48 PM

Those are all awesome, but you should make some in the Myriad Island text color, baby blue and white. But anyways, I love 'em!

AbMc²
  • AbMc²

AE_business GTA

• Members

Posted 06 October 2005 - 10:04 PM

wow, they are really looking good! Cool!
music.gif

steve-m
  • steve-m

• Members

Posted 06 October 2005 - 10:06 PM

Yea, looking great. They should be more related to Myriad though, i.e. based on renders/screenshots or something. Then we could actually use them as box-art, ads, for banners and even the loadscreens. smile.gif

Black-hawk
  • Black-hawk

Boss

• The Connection

Posted 06 October 2005 - 10:21 PM

QUOTE (steve-m @ Oct 6 2005, 22:06)
Yea, looking great. They should be more related to Myriad though, i.e. based on renders/screenshots or something. Then we could actually use them as box-art, ads, for banners and even the loadscreens. smile.gif

I'd love to and all, but I'm stuck with a really crappy laptop for about 3 weeks that can barely run Vice, so unless someone can provide me with some decent shots that I can use for refference then I'm rather f*cked.

Oh and about color combinations, believe me, I've tried everything, only thing that seems to go with that style is red/white. Well Grey and black didn't come out that bad either.
... Then we could actually use them as box-art, ads, for banners and even the loadscreens. ...

wow.gif

mickarrow
  • mickarrow

---

• Members

Posted 06 October 2005 - 10:38 PM

Those are looking nice indeed colgate.gif

If you want good screens of Myriad, why don't you just vist the Myriad screenshot Topic??

Gforce
  • Gforce

"Segregate and Rearrange" "The Hills"

• Feroci Racing
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 06 October 2005 - 11:11 PM

Yea, looking great. They should be .... related to Myriad though, .... based on renders/screenshots ............. Then we could actually use them as .................................. the loadscreens. smile.gif

i was too lazy to type my own thought's so i stole some off steve-m lol.gif

steve-m
  • steve-m

• Members

Posted 06 October 2005 - 11:57 PM

QUOTE (Black-hawk @ Oct 7 2005, 00:21)

I'd love to and all, but I'm stuck with a really crappy laptop for about 3 weeks that can barely run Vice, so unless someone can provide me with some decent shots that I can use for refference then I'm rather f*cked.

Just look at the PPT or screenshot topic, there are some really nice screens available that would represent the mod perfectly.

Oh and about color combinations, believe me, I've tried everything, only thing that seems to go with that style is red/white. Well Grey and black didn't come out that bad either.

Well, you could use more than 2 colors, you know? tounge.gif It'd be cool if we had artwork similar to the official ones.

... Then we could actually use them as box-art, ads, for banners and even the loadscreens. ...

wow.gif

Sure, why not? Could have a nice fake rendered box as picture next to the download link of an installer package, many freeware publishers do that.

Black-hawk
  • Black-hawk

Boss

• The Connection

Posted 07 October 2005 - 12:30 AM Edited by Black-hawk, 07 October 2005 - 12:39 AM.

QUOTE (steve-m @ Oct 6 2005, 23:57)

Well, you could use more than 2 colors, you know? tounge.gif It'd be cool if we had artwork similar to the official ones.

It's just the 2 colors theme I sort of was after. And only 2 colors rock anyway. Well no one ever got hurt by trying, so might as well. ^_^ tomorrow

QUOTE (steve-m)

wow.gif

Sure, why not? Could have a nice fake rendered box as picture next to the download link of an installer package, many freeware publishers do that.

I thought somebody was plotting something special hehe. turn.gif

BCspeed34
  • BCspeed34

CEO

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 07 October 2005 - 03:26 AM

Did somebody say they needed pics

ph34r.gif

Cran.
  • Cran.

910 reprisent

• Members

Posted 07 October 2005 - 04:28 AM

I like. Good work. I'd get you some screens, but I don't have Vice installed and my net is capped catspider.gif

..Anyway, just grab some good ones from the screenshot topic and bse them on those, great work and keep it up! They'd look great as loading screens, what txd contains all the loading screens for San An?

Vercetti Gangsta
  • Vercetti Gangsta

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 07 October 2005 - 02:03 PM

Omg! That's simply awesome! Better than rockstars!
You deserve a karma! smile.gif Again, brilliant work!

Knife
  • Knife

Tits.

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 07 October 2005 - 02:50 PM

Yeah they are great. But I do think some more color is needed. But they will be great as san an load screens.

AleXXX
  • AleXXX

(-:-)

• Members

Posted 07 October 2005 - 06:31 PM

Excellent arts! Better, than at R *. I love it.

Cran.
  • Cran.

910 reprisent

• Members

Posted 09 October 2005 - 01:08 PM

Replace files in /models/txd

http://tjbp.net/upload/LOADINGPACK.zip

I couldn't be f*cked to figure out which needed to be replaced. So in did both and still don't know which one wow.gif

caponester
  • caponester

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 11 October 2005 - 03:24 PM

Bloody good work BH

They look for Vice Cityish, which I'm not sure is a good thing confused.gif

scarafce
  • scarafce

Rat

• BUSTED!

Posted 11 October 2005 - 07:52 PM

owsome ART wow.gif and i dont think they look vice citysh .. maby only this 1 with palm trees.

Black-hawk
  • Black-hawk

Boss

• The Connection

Posted 12 October 2005 - 01:12 PM Edited by Black-hawk, 15 October 2005 - 12:16 PM.

Haha, thanks guys.
And it's not Vice-ish. >:|
tounge.gif

Anyway I've been trying out some other color combo's, they look rather nice.

Also, Diesel suggested using different colors for each piece. For example Black/White, Black/Grey, Blue/White, Red/White etc... Hmmm ok 1/2 different colors seeing as white is still there. tounge.gif

No previews yet as I'm still experementing.

EDIT: Oh snap.
Crap demo:
user posted image

How about that sort of style only with more detail?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users