Photo

Opinions for the next release

126 replies to this topic
Skeeter
  • Skeeter

Rat

• Members

Posted 10 October 2005 - 12:09 AM

My suggestion is to disable fall down animations as its buggy i think especially when shot down with shotgun as sometimes one person sees u been shot down and other times ur not down even if other person sees u go down.

Disable drive by's as its damn impossible shooting someone on bike and ur on foot.

Have team scores as well as individual scores, like say if its clan vs clan then there should be 2 scoring point markers 1 per clan. Think it be better i dunno but thought id mention it as an idea.

Have a random spawn system where weapons spawns are random, also health spawns. So to encourage searchin more. Either this or have them in sensible locations like weapons in ammunation areas, health only at erm hospital areas. Armor at cop station areas.

Map editor. MTA:SA has a cool ingame map editor (from there latest video) which would make creating new areas easy. I dunno if its possible in vice city but in sa it looks cool with using a menu system and a sorta drag and drop system for placing. Would be cool as then we could have easy to make areas for certain servers.

Options for car health and perhaps if possible a car auto leveling system where if u crash and go on upside down or on side the code makes ur car go normal on road. Either that or can there be a way to disable car rolling so it is imposible for cars to flip or rotate (even in air and stunts). Would be cool as i would enjoy this cos im sick of the cop car always going up when doing high speed cornering. Although id like bikes to have rotation as its cool and easier to handle. Oh and about car health have a system where u can add car armour levels per car placed so each car has certain modifyable health/amror levels. So we can have some cars tough like proper armored cars or tanks or we can make cheap civilian cars like family wagons low armor or health so they are easier to destroy. Just somit to think about.

Intergrate if possible jacobs ini editor if possible. If its not fully completed then if he allows then just disable whats not finished/buggy, and he can work on it for another release in the future.

Have a cash system in folowing ways:

You start with 100 cash, and when you die you drop ur cash (good for robbing in vcmp)
Bountys where you can do a command where you can transfer money to other players to pay for bounter hunters) Or a command where u can set a certain amount of cash and drop it on the spot or a bit away and then whoever your giving it to can pick it up. If this can be done for weapons (droping weapons or ammo) then you can trade weapons and buy or sell weapons this way..

Just some ideas for now...

CAPON3
  • CAPON3

Untouchable

• Members

Posted 10 October 2005 - 10:35 AM

Most of that can be scripted so i don't see the point in having it coded with the mod.

Skeeter
  • Skeeter

Rat

• Members

Posted 10 October 2005 - 11:10 AM Edited by Skeeter, 10 October 2005 - 01:55 PM.

A race multiplayer mod like mta sa is doing would be cool for vcmp. With markers time limits way points starting and finishing points. Car selection screen similar to the skin selection screen we now have in vcmp. Also maybe a garage style tune up system for the races so you can tweak car stats and have car stat improvements cost money and say u start off with 10k and when u win races you gain more money for better tune ups. Either have it nfs style or have the upgrades on a package upgrade system.

Could be fun if its possible.

Oh and for all these new commands, is there any chance of making it into a top of screen meun so we can do them quicker and for those (like me) who dont want to have to remember all of them or type them all the time. I mean do a menu system where say an F1 or somit key puts u into menu mode or tab, and u can use ur arow keys to move about the menu and have catagorys of commands and such. Dunno if its possible in vice but looks mint in MTA:SA and just woundered if it could be done in vcmp and if so use it for doing comands. If not a menu system then can commands by binded to keys or somit?

The_Grudge
  • The_Grudge

The_Grudge

• BUSTED!

Posted 10 October 2005 - 02:58 PM

QUOTE (Skeeter @ Oct 10 2005, 13:10)
A race multiplayer mod like mta sa is doing would be cool for vcmp. With markers time limits way points starting and finishing points. Car selection screen similar to the skin selection screen we now have in vcmp. Also maybe a garage style tune up system for the races so you can tweak car stats and have car stat improvements cost money and say u start off with 10k and when u win races you gain more money for better tune ups. Either have it nfs style or have the upgrades on a package upgrade system.

Could be fun if its possible.

Oh and for all these new commands, is there any chance of making it into a top of screen meun so we can do them quicker and for those (like me) who dont want to have to remember all of them or type them all the time. I mean do a menu system where say an F1 or somit key puts u into menu mode or tab, and u can use ur arow keys to move about the menu and have catagorys of commands and such. Dunno if its possible in vice but looks mint in MTA:SA and just woundered if it could be done in vcmp and if so use it for doing comands. If not a menu system then can commands by binded to keys or somit?

MTA: SA Optimist..

Skeeter
  • Skeeter

Rat

• Members

Posted 10 October 2005 - 03:26 PM

?

Only saying that race adn menu stuff from that mod for sa is good so why not try doing it for vcmp to make vcmp even better as id rather do everything in vc than sa as i get better fps and it has a good engine and world well good enough for me anyhow.

erorr404
  • erorr404

Trick

• Members

Posted 10 October 2005 - 07:00 PM Edited by erorr404, 10 October 2005 - 09:48 PM.

don't mind that spammer...

edit: another suggestion: boat glue biggrin.gif

edit2: a much more useful suggestion.. friendly fire feature for drivebys and friendly fire feature for car damage (teammates cannot driveby you and teammates cannot damage your vehicle),

Smoke2jointS
  • Smoke2jointS

VC-MP Beta Tester. LW Admin.

• Members

Posted 12 October 2005 - 06:03 AM

I'd really like to see a team chat, just so people could plan attacks and such a little better.

erorr404
  • erorr404

Trick

• Members

Posted 12 October 2005 - 06:18 AM

QUOTE (Smoke2jointS @ Oct 12 2005, 06:03)
I'd really like to see a team chat, just so people could plan attacks and such a little better.

there will be team chat biggrin.gif

"... we coded a me command, a private message command, a team chat command, etc."
- http://www.gtamultip...vc-mp/index.php

{DBC}Lance
  • {DBC}Lance

Most Wanted

• Members

Posted 12 October 2005 - 07:23 AM

ah great, you guys are still working on it cool.gif

but eh, will you be able to fix some animation bugs?

example: a while ago i was having a 1vs1 with stubby shotgun. on my screen i shot my opponent and saw him fall to the ground(but no health loss). on his screen he was just running around, trying to shoot me.

Mr Killer
  • Mr Killer

Upside-down circle

• BUSTED!

Posted 12 October 2005 - 07:31 AM

Lance, it sounds like lag to me.

Also, I thought that in these clan wars that I participate in, you guys should make it so the passenger can do a driveby. It would be easier on the driver who has to dodge stubby bullets and molotovs etc.

{DBC}Lance
  • {DBC}Lance

Most Wanted

• Members

Posted 12 October 2005 - 12:03 PM

Lance, it sounds like lag to me.

no that's not lag. just a bug in the synchronisation(maybe you meant that with lag, but i meant that it certainly wasn't caused by pc , internet connection or internet connection from the serverhost).

it's just a matter of desync, on my screen an animation is "played", while the other isn't even hit.

erorr404
  • erorr404

Trick

• Members

Posted 12 October 2005 - 05:10 PM

well, synchronization gets worse with more lag, so perhaps it's both? im sure sync can be improved via the code, but having a low ping should reduce the chances of this happening, since it's an issue of you hitting him on your side and you missing him on his.

{mEr}Boff
  • {mEr}Boff

Rat

• Members

Posted 12 October 2005 - 05:13 PM

hng i thought of last night is to do with where ya spawn

i think every1 should spawn at a random location i think somewhere in starfish islands would be cool
unless they buy a property in which case they spawn there or any other property ya may own
obviously this would need ya to logg in b4 spawning

and as for collectin peoples bounty when ya kill them
i think some of the money from the person who died should appear on the floor and to get ya have to actually pick it up

and please build in kevuwk's server side login/stat reportin to the server on the next release. then ya can have all stats being reported to a master server which will generate sig bars with stats for people like halo stats does

Skeeter
  • Skeeter

Rat

• Members

Posted 12 October 2005 - 08:53 PM

Oh there was something me and mate been doing and its a cop vs robber game ini i made. Would be nice if we can have some way to get police wanted levels working somehow.

Also could cops under ai control ever be used like say if we wanted to do cop vs robbers ands lets say we nicked a few cars then cops came after us we evade em and stuff. (probably wont work but meh ill ask just the same).

If anyone has ideas for cop vs robbers stuff we can do in a future release using the ini to make the game mode then post please as we have good fun taking turns and doing cop chases. Oh erm what would be handy is that if we can get a time limit system in for cops vs robbers as the way we play is as when ur a cop and u lost ur crim ur chasing then a 30 second timer comes up and you have that amount of time to refind him otherwise he wins and the chase is up. So if it can be done so as i dunno lets say if there was a timer that came up when criminal was out or range or somit then counted down and when u find him counter goe away untill crim gets out of range again sorta thing. Also better sync of police siren would help for this game mode. As if ur crim u can tell if cop is around by hearing the siren.

Btw we do cop vs robber chase games with no blip indicators on map rader as if they were on it wouldnt work the chases as you would find them all the time.

Personally if there was a way to make a cop spawn in a cop car or a car of selected in a ini (choose in ini a car from whole selection from database) and setup a similar spawn thing for criminal where they have a criminal car given from ini. And able to lock the players in the cars might help to avoid on foot chasing as i dont really fancy that in my cop and robbers game mode just yet. Oh and about timers can we have a timer for the actual chase of say 5 mins (defined in ini) as to how long each chase should last and say if cop lost criminal in the time limit then he loses or if cop manages to force the car off the road and spin on its side or somit so it flames then cop wins if in the time limit.

Also for world boundries can there be a choice in the ini where you can choose which island to keep the action in, like say

[world boundries]

East Island 0
West Island 0
Mansion island 1
Ciname Island 0

So where 1 is the use command the game would use predefined co-ordinates for that island only so ppl dont have to do any co-ords work themselves. You can mix and match boundries (if possible) but using (use) command on multiple areas. (would it work tho)

My post is a bit unorginized but hope its able to be read ok. As i am tired after a long day but wanted to get this post done while the ideas are fresh in my mind.

Oh and if possible have some commands that u do like /arrest or somit to arrest someone. If possible can a certain gun be made (adjust handgun say) so that the falldown animation keeps the player down long enough (5 seconds) so cop can use that command when near enough to arrest the bloke. And once arrest is done the player is sent back either to old spawn point or to jail or somit and player disabled for a fixed time (think someone did this for rpg script but not sure). Also a system where we can play out a cop game mode where we can give tickets to players for speeding or somit i dunno.

FalconGT
  • FalconGT

Snitch

• Members

Posted 13 October 2005 - 01:18 AM

Wanted level synced is possible already created smile.gif
How ever you get heli's shooting you if you put level at 5 cool.gif

jacob.
  • jacob.

Homie

• Members

Posted 13 October 2005 - 01:20 AM

it's just a matter of desync, on my screen an animation is "played", while the other isn't even hit.

This has something to do with the 'random seed' that is called every time a pedestrian is hit with a shotgun, it determines whether or not you fall off your feet.
I think VC-MP hooked this seed and made an attempt to control it under a syncronized environment, but it doesn't always work.

erorr404
  • erorr404

Trick

• Members

Posted 13 October 2005 - 01:26 AM

QUOTE (FalconGT @ Oct 13 2005, 01:18)
How ever you get heli's shooting you if you put level at 5 cool.gif

wow.gif
synced?

FalconGT
  • FalconGT

Snitch

• Members

Posted 13 October 2005 - 05:09 AM

QUOTE (erorr404 @ Oct 13 2005, 01:26)
QUOTE (FalconGT @ Oct 13 2005, 01:18)
How ever you get heli's shooting you if you put level at 5  cool.gif

wow.gif
synced?

Not yet wink.gif

caytchen
  • caytchen

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 October 2005 - 10:28 AM

QUOTE (jacob. @ Oct 13 2005, 01:20)

This has something to do with the 'random seed' that is called every time a pedestrian is hit with a shotgun, it determines whether or not you fall off your feet.
I think VC-MP hooked this seed and made an attempt to control it under a syncronized environment, but it doesn't always work.

I think its all about lag... when you shoot at the player, it may have moved again but the packets didnt reach you until now. You shoot, hit, and he falls down but still moves around and doesnt lose health because on his screen he didnt got hit.

Skeeter
  • Skeeter

Rat

• Members

Posted 13 October 2005 - 01:00 PM

That EXACTLY happens with me and a mate and i host and im on 512k broadband. and just me and him and im in uk and he is netherlands and hes on 3meg connection. We are both on broadband and fast connections for 2 players so I very much doubt its lag. Our pings are about 50-80. Plus in other games we never have lag issues.

njr1489
  • njr1489

MP5

• Members

Posted 13 October 2005 - 04:39 PM

QUOTE (caytchen @ Oct 13 2005, 10:28)
QUOTE (jacob. @ Oct 13 2005, 01:20)

I think its all about lag... when you shoot at the player, it may have moved again but the packets didnt reach you until now. You shoot, hit, and he falls down but still moves around and doesnt lose health because on his screen he didnt got hit.

That happens when I play with others that have low ping... its kind of both though.

tommy vercetti guy
  • tommy vercetti guy

A fellow canadian

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 October 2005 - 05:45 PM

-Cars should take damage when no one is inside them

-Remove the "Special thanks to MTA team" in the loading screen

-Weapon, health, armour pickups that is changable like car spawns, player spawns, etc

-Synch tanke cannon and make tank not so weak. (Run over a car, both tank and car blows up, WTF)

-Make chainsaw stronger. I run up right next to soemone and chainsaw him, he loses 12 HP

-Make nametags visible throught anything agian. Some bigger vehicles like the firetruck will make the drivers nametag invisible. Besides, the nametag invisible is usless thanks to the radar.

-Jack vehicles

-Make invisible barriers visible with a red glow so we know there is a barrier there.

The_Grudge
  • The_Grudge

The_Grudge

• BUSTED!

Posted 17 October 2005 - 11:49 AM

QUOTE (erorr404 @ Oct 10 2005, 21:00)
don't mind that spammer...

edit: another suggestion: boat glue biggrin.gif

edit2: a much more useful suggestion.. friendly fire feature for drivebys and friendly fire feature for car damage (teammates cannot driveby you and teammates cannot damage your vehicle),

Get a new definition of the word "spam", then talk please.

ThunderPower
  • ThunderPower

Hasn't Played GTA in 3 Years

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 October 2005 - 11:56 AM

My opinions are solely for LC-MP.

Ammunations should carry Pistols, Uzis, AK47s, Shotguns, Flamethrowers, Molotov Cocktails, and of course, baseball bats.

Pay n' Spray should NOT be included. I want this to wait until the car damage/garage door is synced.

Make using LC-MP easier. Like, make it so you can connect through the normal VC-MP launcher.

poep9898
  • poep9898

total OWNAG3

• Members

Posted 01 November 2005 - 09:01 PM Edited by poep9898, 03 November 2005 - 02:11 PM.

-drivebye power wont be lowered this ruins the game

*ammu nation syncing would rock(somthing that u cant shoot in the ammunation cuz if u buyed yer weapons u could get killed instantly/or a team will maybe camping in the ammu)

*pay n spray its would be an addon the the multiplayer but i aint negativ or positiv bout it

*Sniper weapon i hope this get synced/animated cuz sniping is a loved part of the game and it will reduce the amount of drivebyes

Mr. Someguy
  • Mr. Someguy

Gold Member

• Members

Posted 01 November 2005 - 10:08 PM Edited by Mr. Someguy, 02 November 2005 - 02:17 AM.

**UPDATE**
Server browser (Like the ones in thug1/thug2)
Sync all weapons
Anti-cheat/hack
Very easy to set up servers
Sniper (It's in 2 missions, so it DOES have animations)
Kick votes
---------------
Buddy list / PM's
Faster copcars
No teamkill on/off option (People that hate cops be a cop so they can tk everyone!)

njr1489
  • njr1489

MP5

• Members

Posted 01 November 2005 - 11:48 PM

QUOTE (Mr. Someguy @ Nov 1 2005, 22:08)
Sync all weapons
Anti-cheat/hack
Kick votes

Your somewhat wrong. The sniper has an animation of tommy punching, but its not anything like an M4 animation. I do want this in the game, but hopefully with the M4 animation because it goes perfect with it.

Mr. Someguy
  • Mr. Someguy

Gold Member

• Members

Posted 02 November 2005 - 12:11 AM

QUOTE (njr1489 @ Nov 1 2005, 23:48)
Sync all weapons
Anti-cheat/hack
Kick votes

Your somewhat wrong. The sniper has an animation of tommy punching, but its not anything like an M4 animation. I do want this in the game, but hopefully with the M4 animation because it goes perfect with it.

In 2 missions there are snipers: Cuban gangwar mission / printworks factory mission. They had an animation when they fired.

njr1489
  • njr1489

MP5

• Members

Posted 02 November 2005 - 01:37 AM

QUOTE (Mr. Someguy @ Nov 2 2005, 00:11)
Sync all weapons
Anti-cheat/hack
Kick votes

In 2 missions there are snipers: Cuban gangwar mission / printworks factory mission. They had an animation when they fired.

I remember the cuban mission, the hatian was punching and shot the cuban in the head. I used an admin console to give the cops the sniper once without changing the animation and all they did was punch.

tommy vercetti guy
  • tommy vercetti guy

A fellow canadian

• BUSTED!

Posted 02 November 2005 - 02:26 AM

QUOTE (Mr. Someguy @ Nov 2 2005, 00:11)
Sync all weapons
Anti-cheat/hack
Kick votes

Yeah, I remember that!
The one when the lady lands at the docks via helicopter and is suppose to escape in a Sentinel or somthing. anyways, the lady standing ontop of the building was using a sniper had an animation.

Also in GTA3, use peds riot cheat and peds have weapons cheat. Some peds will have a sniper/rocket launcher and they have an animation.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users