caytchen
  • caytchen

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 October 2005 - 08:37 PM

QUOTE (mikechml @ Oct 7 2005, 17:33)
QUOTE (caytchen @ Oct 7 2005, 18:12)
QUOTE (Bungle @ Oct 7 2005, 17:01)
i could probably think of alot of things, but for now.. maybe a force player out of car command? for a long time i wished it would have been in MTA.. it would have come in so useful for alot of my scripts. Also, lock player in car, then vice versa, unlock them from car tounge.gif
I have no idea how easy/hard etc it is, but hey, it's a suggestions thread, and it's my suggestion smile.gif

- Bungle

There are no scripts in VCMP, which , i think, should be part of the list of things made when its stable and balanced.

There are scripts, you can use the mIRC RCON dll and mIRC scripting. Currently simple things like echoing the chat to IRC are possible but in the next release much more will be possible

Yes, you can do that through mIRC Scripts, but you have to keep mIRC running all time, thats why i would prefer real scripting.

{mEr}Boff
  • {mEr}Boff

Rat

• Members

Posted 07 October 2005 - 08:42 PM

ive just thort of another and its quite an important one i think
im suprised it aint been suggested already

car jackin

nuf said

Shizz
  • Shizz

<3 SA:MP

• Members

Posted 07 October 2005 - 08:43 PM

QUOTE (caytchen @ Oct 7 2005, 20:37)
i could probably think of alot of things, but for now.. maybe a force player out of car command? for a long time i wished it would have been in MTA.. it would have come in so useful for alot of my scripts. Also, lock player in car, then vice versa, unlock them from car tounge.gif
I have no idea how easy/hard etc it is, but hey, it's a suggestions thread, and it's my suggestion smile.gif

- Bungle

There are no scripts in VCMP, which , i think, should be part of the list of things made when its stable and balanced.

There are scripts, you can use the mIRC RCON dll and mIRC scripting. Currently simple things like echoing the chat to IRC are possible but in the next release much more will be possible

Yes, you can do that through mIRC Scripts, but you have to keep mIRC running all time, thats why i would prefer real scripting.

running mIRC shouldn't make you lag or anything.. maybe if you run a script that uses alot of CPU power ( like a CTF script ), then it might be a problem tho biggrin.gif

caytchen
  • caytchen

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 October 2005 - 08:48 PM

QUOTE (Shizz @ Oct 7 2005, 20:43)

- Bungle

running mIRC shouldn't make you lag or anything.. maybe if you run a script that uses alot of CPU power ( like a CTF script ), then it might be a problem tho biggrin.gif

Read carefully. Most Servers are powered by some UNIX OS and wont run any mirc and you wont run your computer at home 24/7 only for a kind of script.

@Thread: I would like to be able to blow up vehicles without people in it.

Cam
  • Cam

Cam

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 October 2005 - 08:58 PM

QUOTE (Darkwing @ Oct 7 2005, 20:18)
If your going ahead with the Pay n Spray...why not try and sync the colors change also?

Should be easy.

caytchen
  • caytchen

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 October 2005 - 09:00 PM

Another idea: Earning Money for killing people, which can be used at Ammunation.

Statico
  • Statico

Programmer

• Members

Posted 07 October 2005 - 09:04 PM

- Bungle

Hence what the (aimed at VB users) dll is for. There is the mIRC dll, then the regular callback one, which although created for people who use VB, is actually compatible with any language that can use external API's. Therefore you can create something in C that will run on a linux machine if you have the dll.

caytchen
  • caytchen

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 October 2005 - 09:13 PM

QUOTE (Statico @ Oct 7 2005, 21:04)

- Bungle

Hence what the (aimed at VB users) dll is for. There is the mIRC dll, then the regular callback one, which although created for people who use VB, is actually compatible with any language that can use external API's. Therefore you can create something in C that will run on a linux machine if you have the dll.

Right, but then you will miss the features of the mirc scripting language and i dont think you want to invent your own scripting language?!

Mike
  • Mike

Hustler

• The Connection

Posted 07 October 2005 - 09:28 PM Edited by mikechml, 07 October 2005 - 09:30 PM.

QUOTE (caytchen @ Oct 7 2005, 22:13)
QUOTE (Statico @ Oct 7 2005, 21:04)

- Bungle

Right, but then you will miss the features of the mirc scripting language and i dont think you want to invent your own scripting language?!

I think the features of C(++) surpass those of mIRC. tounge.gif

By the way, I had a little bit of time spare this evening so quit messages work (i.e: when you type /quit it leaves a proper message, rather than "Timed out"), "Flung" messages (when people quit due to the anti-cheat being set off), /cmd, and output to RCON when people identify as an admin ingame.

caytchen
  • caytchen

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 October 2005 - 09:40 PM

QUOTE (mikechml @ Oct 7 2005, 21:28)

I think the features of C(++) surpass those of mIRC. tounge.gif

By the way, I had a little bit of time spare this evening so quit messages work (i.e: when you type /quit it leaves a proper message, rather than "Timed out"), "Flung" messages (when people quit due to the anti-cheat being set off), /cmd, and output to RCON when people identify as an admin ingame.

Right, i also prefer c++, but we talk about a scripting language with easy handling. And c++ does not match this criteria :|

FalconGT
  • FalconGT

Snitch

• Members

Posted 07 October 2005 - 09:46 PM Edited by FalconGT, 07 October 2005 - 09:51 PM.

Good work Mike.

I also been playing around with it made some more rcons, add players money, set players armour, get players armour, get players money.

So now we have more control.

Quick list of rcons admin chat,admin pm's, set hp, set loc, set wep, set wanted stars,set wanted level,set control,add money,set arm,info (returns playerid,ping, x cords, y cords, z cords,hp,armour,money,carhp,carid)

Also have done /me and /msg <id> smile.gif

FalconGT

Edit:
Also made a small game mode anybody every wanted to get drunk in vcmp well i made a mode so you can smile.gif
It's good old boozer first build by clan mate bakasan as scm mod now convert into vcmp flt..

[DMA]Blunted
  • [DMA]Blunted

Rat

• Members

Posted 08 October 2005 - 11:22 AM

Mike if you take the Pay 'n Spray & Ammu-Nation sections of the main.scm and add them into a blank scm then you could get them up and running quite easily, as for the visual damage on cars could you write a routine that checks for the opcodes they use and then just issue a health model command? If so just sync that info, no more problem.

The_Driv3r
  • The_Driv3r

1337 Pr0

• Members

Posted 08 October 2005 - 02:16 PM

Whats about cars and traffic.. sly.gif

FalconGT
  • FalconGT

Snitch

• Members

Posted 08 October 2005 - 02:30 PM

QUOTE (The_Driv3r @ Oct 8 2005, 14:16)
Whats about cars and traffic..  sly.gif

Would lag everybody too much.

Done !setcarhp !setcarloc and !setdrunk thru rcons now too.

njr1489
  • njr1489

MP5

• Members

Posted 08 October 2005 - 02:44 PM

Anyone remember the health cheat that fixes the car health but not the damage? Let it do that for Pay n' Spray. The admin scripting should be something good, so that we can actually ban people. I was thinking about these comnads.

Ping - Show the person's ping
Ban - Ban people
Unban - Unban people
Alias - See what names people have ever played in
Rank - rank system like CSS
top10 - ^

Its good to see that VC-MP is back in development. BTW, do something about ASE, as long as we can see servers.

erorr404
  • erorr404

Trick

• Members

Posted 08 October 2005 - 06:33 PM

What about very simple objective based games (like those in LCS:MP.. manhunt, capture the limo, etc)?

If not, at least consider them for a future release? confused.gif

FalconGT
  • FalconGT

Snitch

• Members

Posted 08 October 2005 - 09:12 PM

QUOTE (erorr404 @ Oct 8 2005, 18:33)
What about very simple objective based games (like those in LCS:MP.. manhunt, capture the limo, etc)?

Manhunt already coded http://www.gtaforums...ic=217599&st=40
Capture any car very easy to code.

Just about any mode you could think of will be possible with new rcons.

Og_loc
  • Og_loc

Ronaldo No.9 Fan

• Members

Posted 08 October 2005 - 09:54 PM

an RPG add on so you can get cash do jobs have careers etc..

FalconGT
  • FalconGT

Snitch

• Members

Posted 08 October 2005 - 09:58 PM

QUOTE (Og_loc @ Oct 8 2005, 21:54)
an RPG add on so you can get cash do jobs have careers etc..

In process of being built smile.gif

But like no other rpg your seen for gtavc

erorr404
  • erorr404

Trick

• Members

Posted 08 October 2005 - 11:30 PM

QUOTE (FalconGT @ Oct 8 2005, 21:12)
QUOTE (erorr404 @ Oct 8 2005, 18:33)

Manhunt already coded http://www.gtaforums...ic=217599&st=40
Capture any car very easy to code.

Just about any mode you could think of will be possible with new rcons.

Nice, how do these game modes work?
Will the server only be able to display things via the chat window or can it also place checkpoints and markers, change map blips, display a timer or some message on the clients screen, etc?
Can various game-modes be initialized without the server having to restart or the clients having to reconnect?

Statico
  • Statico

Programmer

• Members

Posted 09 October 2005 - 12:52 PM

The way Falcon does it, you need to actually edit the server source to add new gamemodes.

FalconGT
  • FalconGT

Snitch

• Members

Posted 09 October 2005 - 12:54 PM

QUOTE (Statico @ Oct 9 2005, 12:52)
The way Falcon does it, you need to actually edit the server source to add new gamemodes.

Well not really thru Rcon commands any game mode can be built thru scripts, w/o editing any of the source at all.

MoeRonimoe
  • MoeRonimoe

I write the songs that make the young girls cry

• Members

Posted 09 October 2005 - 01:02 PM

Oh my wishes for the next release are buyable weapons (then of course a way to earn money) and synced doors ... thats all smile.gif

GTA-POWA
  • GTA-POWA

GTA-Fanatics.com Staff Member. I offer free hosting for your mod

• Members

Posted 09 October 2005 - 01:38 PM

.::I want only two things in new release..

1) An heavy CRC (anti-cheat, anti-anything)
2) Non kill by shootin by car/bike::.

CTM
  • CTM

A ringing phone has to be answered, doesn't it?

• Members

Posted 09 October 2005 - 03:23 PM

I added this suggestion in SA-MP too but nothing became of it: user accounts (separate usernames and passwords) required to log on to the server. I really would love you forever if you implemented that. inlove.gif Not too complex either, it could be done from within an INI file. It'd be even better if the INI were to be rehashed every 10 minutes, so I could use an external script to add new accounts to the file without having to restart the server.

Nice additions by the way, Falcon, they're looking great smile.gif

{mEr}Boff
  • {mEr}Boff

Rat

• Members

Posted 09 October 2005 - 03:33 PM Edited by {mEr}Boff, 09 October 2005 - 03:36 PM.

well kevuwk has already started work on it
he's got a script that will write to a php database and runs serverside
you have to register a password and logg in
then it saves the stats on an ini serverside
so you never lose yer stats etc and can have sig bars like this
user posted image
if the server is runnin it still records it no need for rcon constantly connected
if we could get it so it all writes back to the same database
maybe one hosted on the same site as gtamultiplayer.com
then everyone would have stats
and even if we play different servers
then we can still compete on kills

:edit:1 small change if ya would, can we have a wee change in the code so {mEr} dont show up as _mEr_

:this is off topic but can i have my sig back please cryani.gif :

Mike
  • Mike

Hustler

• The Connection

Posted 09 October 2005 - 03:37 PM

QUOTE ({mEr}Boff @ Oct 9 2005, 16:33)
:this is off topic but can i have my sig back please cryani.gif :

Go here

{mEr}Boff
  • {mEr}Boff

Rat

• Members

Posted 09 October 2005 - 03:53 PM

btw the above sig is generated from vice city multiplayer
but its usin an old pic
but it does work
thort id chuck that one in there

caytchen
  • caytchen

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 October 2005 - 03:57 PM

Another Suggestion @ mike: Could you implent logging? I would love doing some stats thingy with php, but you will need logs for that.
( with detailed info, kill weapon etc. if possible )

gnad.1992
  • gnad.1992

Soldier

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 09 October 2005 - 05:44 PM

Buy weapons on ammunation and HEAVY WEAPONS on Phill's Place will be cool cool.gif
M60, Flame T., Minigun... Rocket Launcher O_O

biggrin.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users