Continuation of Tokyo

13 replies to this topic
sAdIsTiCmAcHiNe
  • sAdIsTiCmAcHiNe

Ronald Reagan

• Members

Posted 04 October 2005 - 04:36 AM

My Dear Friends,

It has been with great pleasure that I have worked alongside you for the past two years on this wonderful project. I can scarcely remember working with a more talented group of individuals. However I find my creative efforts toward this project have been, for lack of a better word, totally exhausted. The hiatus I have taken has only stretched. My desire to model shrinks and my scheduling troubles grow. New projects in other challenging fields are being offered up, and I can no longer turn them down due to a commitment to a mod I feel in reality I have not been contributing to as of late.

While disappearing quietly is usually preferable to such public proclamations, my parting puts into particular question that which I have not completed. Little Tokyo is still a worthy undertaking. Set to be one of the densest lots in Myriad, it contains more architecture than many lots twice its size even though barely full. To see it go to waste would be contrary to my wishes, and I'm sure the wishes of the many project fans who have said such incredibly kind things about it in the past. I therefore wish to arrange for a replacement, to whom I will turn over all materials related to this project which are in my posession, that my work may be continued or utilized as the community sees fit. Where it may go from there I cannot say, but I hope that the lot will come to stand out as much as it did when Chang's Grill first appeared on the island.

To all who I have worked with, I say thank you. It has been an honor working with you.

-Casey Dahlin

Cran.
  • Cran.

910 reprisent

• Members

Posted 04 October 2005 - 12:11 PM

Sad to see you go man, I bet JasonB will take over it and make a good job of it. I'd take it over if I weren't so sh*t wink.gif

AbMc²
  • AbMc²

AE_business GTA

• Members

Posted 04 October 2005 - 12:50 PM

Sad news today.. I will miss your work. It was fresh, new and very original.
Also I would like to thank you with helping me with my Rietveld-lot getting in the game.

Thanks for all! music.gif

Knife
  • Knife

Tits.

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 04 October 2005 - 02:41 PM

Sad to hear you are leaving. Promise to check back now and again to see how we are doing smile.gif

caponester
  • caponester

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 October 2005 - 03:47 PM

It's been a great 2 years knowing you, from the first car you released to the final Tokyo version.

Peace out.

mickarrow
  • mickarrow

---

• Members

Posted 04 October 2005 - 04:20 PM

Your departure is sad news indeed. But if you're so sure about it, I guess the only thing I can say is to wish you the best of luck in your future life, and sincerely thank you for being a part of Myriad. You're going to be missed. Take care.

One last time: sAdIsTiCmAcHiNe = rah.gif

Black-hawk
  • Black-hawk

Boss

• The Connection

Posted 04 October 2005 - 04:24 PM

Oh snaps.
Your Tokyo district is like, my favorite lot too. inlove.gif
You = rawk.

AleXXX
  • AleXXX

(-:-)

• Members

Posted 04 October 2005 - 04:29 PM

Sadistic, i LOVE your Lots. Thank you for work in MI team.

Gforce
  • Gforce

"Segregate and Rearrange" "The Hills"

• Feroci Racing
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 04 October 2005 - 05:35 PM

this is sad news but hey you have to get on with life it's more important, thanks for doing the original pre-lighting on my lot, i hope you get the time to come back at some point in the future, i'm sure we'll all be thinking of you as we drive past the cinema biggrin.gif

does this mean i have your permission to release the modified version i did of your original yagamashi ? lol.gif

All the best for the future and in all that you do sadistic ........ good luck rahkstar2.gif

sAdIsTiCmAcHiNe
  • sAdIsTiCmAcHiNe

Ronald Reagan

• Members

Posted 04 October 2005 - 05:53 PM

Thanks for your kind words.

All thats left now is to find a modeler to keep tokyo rolling.

I'll check in now and again.

Superb@ll
  • Superb@ll

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 04 October 2005 - 09:06 PM

Thanks for all your efforts to the community Sadistic, sorry to hear you're leaving.

Your lots were great, though sad.gif

JasonB
  • JasonB

GTA-SA/GTA-VC/GTA3 Modder Extraordinaire

• Members

Posted 05 October 2005 - 02:13 AM

QUOTE (Cran. @ Oct 4 2005, 22:11)
Sad to see you go man, I bet JasonB will take over it and make a good job of it. I'd take it over if I weren't so sh*t wink.gif

Hehehehe.

I would volunteer to continue Sadistics work on Little Tokyo, but I already have a lot of projects that need my attention, finishing my unreleased lots, updating all my old lots to take advantage of SA, the train, my island as well an non-Myriad related things. But if no one else volunteers to continue the work I will accept it, as I don't want to see the amazing work you have already started be put to waste.

Oh and I assume this means you won't be making the naval base or the missions you were planning.

On that note it is a shame to see you go, you made some amazing things for Myriad, and it would have been great to see you make even more stuff for Myriad. I wish you luck in your future life.

sAdIsTiCmAcHiNe
  • sAdIsTiCmAcHiNe

Ronald Reagan

• Members

Posted 05 October 2005 - 03:22 AM

Thanks, Jason.

Gforce has my files now. I'll let him distribute them where they will do the most good.

BCspeed34
  • BCspeed34

CEO

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 05 October 2005 - 03:39 AM

I remember you always being very nice and helpful back in the good ol' days, before noone even knew about SA. You'll be missed

Best of luck to you smile.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users