Quantcast

» «
Photo

[REL] Kam's Maxscript going over quick update!

539 replies to this topic
BMWPower
  • BMWPower

SiX-In-Line Rulz!

• Members

Posted 16 September 2006 - 08:59 AM

It can! It can't import only zm2 dff's, but i didn't have problems with importing vc cars ever. And all cars (or most of them) are made in zmod1. Other ideas? I changed the file version, but it's still the same..

Quadropheniac90
  • Quadropheniac90

Confused Clown

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 20 September 2006 - 08:12 PM

How does one go about applying both day- and nighttime vertex colors in 3dsmax? In ZModeler 2 I know how to do it, but I need to know how to do it in Max. Can someone please tell me how? Thanks in advance. smile.gif

plunk89
  • plunk89

Cr4zy Driv3r

• Members

Posted 02 October 2006 - 09:48 AM

Hi Everybody!

I have a problem:

Where can i find Kam's materials for 3DsMax (*.mat extension) because there aren't any in the zipped files....

TY

pirlano
  • pirlano

Ano's

• Members

Posted 02 October 2006 - 07:42 PM

just copy GTA_material.ms (scripted material extension) in startup folder
there isn't any *.mat file

plunk89
  • plunk89

Cr4zy Driv3r

• Members

Posted 03 October 2006 - 04:02 PM

Ahh Thank You SO MUCH!

HU rah.gif

Azekriel
  • Azekriel

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 October 2006 - 06:45 PM

The download link is down, so if somebody could upload this to internet that i can download it

can705
  • can705

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 November 2006 - 12:22 AM Edited by can705, 01 November 2006 - 12:28 AM.

hey, im getting this error in gmax when trying to export a san andreas vehicle dff

Application Error
Exception EConvertError in module t2b.exe at 00006236.
'=' is not a valid integer value.

i imported blade.dff, selected collision (blade.dff), selected everything and exported then i got that message

did i do anything wrong?

azekriel it works for me

AK-73
  • AK-73

Hustler

• Members

Posted 03 November 2006 - 11:57 AM

QUOTE (can705 @ Nov 1 2006, 00:22)
hey, im getting this error in gmax when trying to export a san andreas vehicle dff

Application Error
Exception EConvertError in module t2b.exe at 00006236.
'=' is not a valid integer value.

i imported blade.dff, selected collision (blade.dff), selected everything and exported then i got that message

did i do anything wrong?

azekriel it works for me

Take a look at the gmax listener window output at the lower left corner - try to find the = that causes the problem. Could it be that the = refers to
file export location in the first line? Or does the output contain another = somewhere in its body?

Alex

can705
  • can705

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 November 2006 - 04:32 PM

well this is the first line

<snoopstart file=C:\Documents and Settings\b\Desktop\3d stuff\blade.dff>

theres also a = in

MMC = true

I couldnt get it to work for gmax but it works with kams for 3ds max

xtqjc
  • xtqjc

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 December 2006 - 10:10 PM

Hi all, I have some problem because i cant export properly dff file.
If i want to export my character the message says "you need to supply a collosion model for SA export!" so i select "skip col" and than i can export the file but bones dont export properly:
user posted image

Do you know what i am doing wrong?

Sorry for my english tounge.gif

Cowboy 666
  • Cowboy 666

Living an absolutely average life

• Members

Posted 09 December 2006 - 05:42 PM

Hey guys, I've got a problem. When i wanna export a GTA III or Vice City player model (example Claude Speed or Tommy Vercetti, but i'm not sure about the custom player models), selecting all the hierarchies and export to SA format, i've got this error message:

'More than 1 Hierarchy links were selected!
Only 1 is allowed in DFF.'

What is the problem? Should be exported as i'm selected all the hierachies in one DFF? I'm using 3D Studio Max 7, and I'm using San Andreas with SA Player Selection Screen V.0.9.

blazevski
  • blazevski

PrOfEssIoNaL

• Members

Posted 30 December 2006 - 02:40 PM

Can someone plz help to teun.steenbekkers? He wants to make some polys glow like I do, but I cant rly...
Here is what he had in mind:
http://img.photobuck...ics/saber10.jpg

It was made by pinky and he also wrote a tutorial for zmodeler:
Use word wrap to read the BS.

This method is done using Zmodeller2, I don't know how to do it in Max but I am sure someone can figure it out from this.

Here we go.
All you have to do is select the object you want lit.
Go into it's PROPERTIES and drop down the VERTICE section, you will see it's FORMAT.
Tick the NORMALS and the DIFFUSE COLOUR boxes, this allows the back lighting effect.
Once done,close the properties window.
Then switch to vertice mode and select all, like you would for calculating normals for example.
Go to the SURFACE section in the drop down menu and go to PAINT.
Now select COLOUR and click on the box, you will see a colour box and the fill selection button.
Click on the colour to get a colour chart and select your desired back light colour, this colour will heavily tint any texture you use or may even outshine it.
You then click the FILL SELECTION box, repeated clicks will strengthen the back light so be easy with it.
From previous experiments it seems to take only three click for the maximum effect, it increases by 33% each time.
Bare in mind that what you see on the Zmod screen isn't the exact representation of what the game will give you, usually it's brighter in game.
Textures will probably have to have very high contrast to really show up or back light a separate layer and then put your textures above on a semi transparent layer for them to be more affective. This is how the instruments on the Mig-15 are done.
You cannot re-attach this object to an unaltered one, you can only attach objects that you have already altered using this method together.

This can be used on any object created for San Andreras, possibly for older GTAs as well.
I hope that this info will give some off you guys some new ideas to try out for your projects.

pinky.

I am kinda familiar with all that vertex colour sh*t in max... can also make polys look coloured in viewport, but cant put the info in game... anyone can help plz?

thanx

DexX
  • DexX

Black Hat

• Feroci Racing

Posted 30 December 2006 - 05:37 PM

if you already have the colors applied to the object, then just tick the "VCol" button when you export. if you get weirdness with the colors (not showing up right, appearing in the wrong spot) try exporting without vertex colors, then importing the model back in, re-applying the colors, and exporting again.

alternatively, you could (should, actually..) detach the object to elements along each material id, and smooth group, which should prevent most mesh export errors.

blazevski
  • blazevski

PrOfEssIoNaL

• Members

Posted 30 December 2006 - 06:34 PM

OMFG I luv ya! I thought this vcol button had something to do wit collision files...
allready made a glowing magic stick biggrin.gif
thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you
I've been tryin to do this fo months colgate.gif

AK-73
  • AK-73

Hustler

• Members

Posted 29 January 2007 - 02:13 PM

does anyone know how kam's script does calculate the matrices for each bone in the skin plg node (at the very end of it)?

Alex

DexX
  • DexX

Black Hat

• Feroci Racing

Posted 29 January 2007 - 05:32 PM

QUOTE (AK-73 @ Jan 29 2007, 09:13)
does anyone know how kam's script does calculate the matrices for each bone in the skin plg node (at the very end of it)?

Alex

probably not anyone besides kam. what are you trying to, or need to accomplish?

MeDelay
  • MeDelay

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 January 2007 - 06:59 PM

Hi There,

Ive got a problem.
Im using Autodesk 3ds Max 8.
when i open a Dff file for example Pcj600.dff
i open it so i change somthing than export it, put it back in gta3.img.
When i start the game and spawn the Pcj600, it chrashes mad.gif

now i dont know if this is already discused, but there way to many pages to read m al tounge.gif

So PLEASE SOMEONE RESPONED!! biggrin.gif

DexX
  • DexX

Black Hat

• Feroci Racing

Posted 30 January 2007 - 08:00 PM

i open it so i change somthing than export it

we would really need to know what you changed, and how you went about doing so, etc.

AK-73
  • AK-73

Hustler

• Members

Posted 31 January 2007 - 03:54 PM

QUOTE (DexX @ Jan 29 2007, 17:32)
QUOTE (AK-73 @ Jan 29 2007, 09:13)

Alex

probably not anyone besides kam. what are you trying to, or need to accomplish?

I want to fix my malfunctioning exporter script for gmax. I figure the best way to find out is to look at the numbers kam generates and then comparing that with the transform etc matrices that I can access via maxscript. Everything else seems to be working fine.

Alex

PS An addition: do kam's scripts handle deleting of vertices right? With mine it seems as if the deleted vertices are still within the data of the skin modifier - leading to dysfunctional .dffs.

blazevski
  • blazevski

PrOfEssIoNaL

• Members

Posted 07 March 2007 - 08:33 PM

helo! Its me again... I have question about skinning...
I know how to skin with weighting the verticles, but I was wondering if there is a possibility I could skin with envelopes like here:
http://billysalisbur...ls_skinning.htm

I have tried editing envelopes size and all... but no matter how I possition em the responding body part wont get weighted.... it will still stay white instead turning to red/blue/yellow...

Can anyone help?

_lex_
  • _lex_

Russian LEX)

• Members

Posted 08 March 2007 - 06:56 AM

Read 3Ds MAX User reference (hear)

blazevski
  • blazevski

PrOfEssIoNaL

• Members

Posted 09 March 2007 - 10:10 PM

I believe u understood it wrong... I am not a noob... I didnt start using 3ds max because of GTA... I started moding after I knew pretty much about max... I know skining too... I can skin with vertexes or envelopes, but it wont let me skin the gta biped with envelopes for some reason...

so at least tell me if it is possible and if it is give me some hint please...

Thats what I want to do again:
http://billysalisbur...ls_skinning.htm

Thank you

LU1S91
  • LU1S91

Grand Thef Luis

• Members

Posted 11 March 2007 - 05:21 PM

HELP! sad.gif dontgetit.gif nervous.gif cryani.gif when i want to export a model from the game (SA) it says: this dff has 3 clumps. please choose one to export.

Note: This isn't my natal lenguage

LU1S91
  • LU1S91

Grand Thef Luis

• Members

Posted 11 March 2007 - 05:27 PM

Help!!! sad.gif dontgetit.gif when I am importing to 3ds max it says:"this DFF has (3) Clumps. Please choose one to import

JostVice
  • JostVice

realtime, not prerendered

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 11 March 2007 - 05:42 PM

Select 'multi clump' and mark 3 clumps

Wonderinguy
  • Wonderinguy

Rat

• Members

Posted 17 March 2007 - 07:53 AM

I am using GMAX.
I don't have a DFF format in GMAX, but I installed KAM's GTA script,
then when I import it with any file format it says: ''No appropriate import module found''.

dertyjerzian
  • dertyjerzian

I have a custom member title. I call it "Solid Snake"

• BUSTED!

Posted 23 March 2007 - 07:35 AM

QUOTE (Wonderinguy @ Mar 17 2007, 02:53)
I am using GMAX.
I don't have a DFF format in GMAX, but I installed KAM's GTA script,
then when I import it with any file format it says: ''No appropriate import module found''.

you need to load the script in gmax. Read the readme.txt, thats why it says to read it in it's title, to teach you.

grandtheftbicycle
  • grandtheftbicycle

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 April 2007 - 12:31 AM

We're having some trouble importing models using Kam's script with max 8. Anyone want to take a look at my model and tell me what the deal is? The model looks okay in the ped editor, but crashes SA when the player comes across the ped in the game.

Pelle
  • Pelle

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 14 May 2007 - 05:57 PM Edited by Pelle, 15 May 2007 - 07:16 AM.

EDIT: I have gmax 1.2, but I dunno how to use it, when I try to import ped.ifp to make CJ walk/run like the homies, it says invalid file or something...anyone who can help me?

X-Seti
  • X-Seti

Retro Modder

• Feroci Racing
  • Mars

Posted 14 May 2007 - 08:24 PM

MAX 7 is buggie at best, you best off buying a real copy of max 9..

And here is the link; http://usa.autodesk....2&siteID=123112

For the rest of you muppets out there, I used google to find this link, In future try a search engine before you post.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users