Photo

Supply & Demand

5 replies to this topic
capt_fugazi
  • capt_fugazi

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 September 2005 - 03:00 PM

OK, I love GTA Vice City. I do. It's an awesome game. I, however, suck at it.

The first part of the mission Supply & Demand has currently got me tearing my hair out.

Fricken boats keep fricken beating me to the fricken freelancing boat and IT'S NOT FUNNY ANYMORE!!!!

OK, I guess it is funny. But still, and tips from helpful souls on here would be appreciated beyond words and allow me to get more than 2 hours sleep tonight.

suicidal.gif

Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 29 September 2005 - 03:52 PM

You asked for help in General Discussion. Had you asked in Gameplay, we'd know you're looking for gamplay tips. Or in Cheats, we'd know you're interested even in cheats just to get past it.

That said, I'll just point you to the link to Code Tools in my sig. You're looking for the Time Vault Code Tool which passes any mission you start with it. Just load it up, go to do the mission... it's passed. Save your game, go back to the original code, and continue on.

pdescobar
  • pdescobar

Conformist Scum Panda

• Members

Posted 29 September 2005 - 05:14 PM

QUOTE (capt_fugazi @ Sep 29 2005, 11:00)
Fricken boats keep fricken beating me to the fricken freelancing boat and IT'S NOT FUNNY ANYMORE!!!!

OK, I guess it is funny.  But still, and tips from helpful souls on here would be appreciated beyond words and allow me to get more than 2 hours sleep tonight.

If you'd like to complete it without relying on Demarest's helper tools, I have a suggestion.

I've found the mission is much easier if you ignore the route the speeders take and forge your own path. Instead, I turn North immediately after clearing Starfish Island and then simply go in a straight line up the Western side of Leaf Links. I continue due North going underneath both bridges and then turn back East when I get to the Northern edge of the largest (middle) Leaf Links island and make the final turn to get to the target. This route minimizes the amount of turning you have to do as it's wide open until the very end which allows you to go quite fast and easily beat the other boats. Let me know if my directions are too hard to follow and I'll try and come up with a map for you.

capt_fugazi
  • capt_fugazi

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 September 2005 - 08:32 AM

QUOTE (pdescobar @ Sep 29 2005, 17:14)
QUOTE (capt_fugazi @ Sep 29 2005, 11:00)

OK, I guess it is funny.  But still, and tips from helpful souls on here would be appreciated beyond words and allow me to get more than 2 hours sleep tonight.

If you'd like to complete it without relying on Demarest's helper tools, I have a suggestion.

I've found the mission is much easier if you ignore the route the speeders take and forge your own path. Instead, I turn North immediately after clearing Starfish Island and then simply go in a straight line up the Western side of Leaf Links. I continue due North going underneath both bridges and then turn back East when I get to the Northern edge of the largest (middle) Leaf Links island and make the final turn to get to the target. This route minimizes the amount of turning you have to do as it's wide open until the very end which allows you to go quite fast and easily beat the other boats. Let me know if my directions are too hard to follow and I'll try and come up with a map for you.

Mate, that would be excellent. I'll have a crack at it tonight, but a map would be outstanding.

Cheers!

colgate.gif

Spuds725
  • Spuds725

Party Animal

• United-States
  • Contribution Award [GTAF]

Posted 30 September 2005 - 02:29 PM

his directions are easier if you just pause when the mission starts and look at the map.

On the map you will see a target dot---where you are going. from the vercetti estate head around the east side of starfish island then just head north-- as you approach the golf course-- don't follow the other boats.... bear to your left (west side of the golf course) and stay in open water-- just keep heading north and stay fairly close to the land on your right-- keep pausing and looking at your map or looking at your HUD map.... when you are directly west of the target-- turn right and there is a gap between the small islands up there--its nearly a straight shot east to the target and you will easily beat the other boats there. The second part of this mission can suck---- good luck

capt_fugazi
  • capt_fugazi

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 October 2005 - 08:42 AM

QUOTE (Spuds725 @ Sep 30 2005, 14:29)
his directions are easier if you just pause when the mission starts and look at the map.

On the map you will see a target dot---where you are going. from the vercetti estate head around the east side of starfish island then just head north-- as you approach the golf course-- don't follow the other boats.... bear to your left (west side of the golf course) and stay in open water-- just keep heading north and stay fairly close to the land on your right-- keep pausing and looking at your map or looking at your HUD map.... when you are directly west of the target-- turn right and there is a gap between the small islands up there--its nearly a straight shot east to the target and you will easily beat the other boats there. The second part of this mission can suck---- good luck

Cheers man! That rules!

biggrin.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users