GTA: Amsterdam

136 replies to this topic
etix
  • etix

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 27 September 2005 - 07:14 PM

user posted image

I know what you're thinking: "Ah crap, another idiot's trying to make a new succesful mod." Well, I do, but this time I think there is a very cool city to make a mod of: Amsterdam. It's not only because I'm Dutch, but it isl an interesting environment for Grand Theft Auto too. I'll explain why.

Why Amsterdam?

- There is much criminality, so there are many (gang)fights, murders and drugsdeals, etc.
- There are many cultures, so many gangs too.
- You've got the Red Light District in Amsterdam, a big district with many prostitutes.
- And I have more reasons why we've chosen Amsterdam for a new GTA mod, but I think it isn't necessary.

Recruiting

If you think Amsterdam sucks, you shouldn't PM. But if you think GTA: Amsterdam will be a good mod, then please send me a PM and give your age, recent work and your e-mailadress. We need the following people:

Modellers

- Building modeller
- Carmodeller
- Street furniture modeller

Coders

- Mission coders

Technical staff

- Installation file creator

General help

- General helper

The team

We already have 3 modellers and 1 graphic designer in our team, but as you might know it isn't enough. If you want to participate in the team, you are motivated and experiencecd, and you will make GTA: Amsterdam to a succesful mod then please sent me a PM or just email me.

I hope I gave you guys enough information, but if i forgot something you will be able to ask me smile.gif .

Greets,

etix

joeyss
  • joeyss

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 September 2005 - 08:12 PM

Nice idea.

TheGabber
  • TheGabber

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 September 2005 - 10:25 PM

I think it would be cooler if you make something like a little Holland, instead of just amsterdam...
Include some big cities which have soccerclubs like Den Haag, Rotterdam, Eindhoven, Utrecht and ofcourse Amsterdam, than you can change gangs into soccer hooligans.
Besides, there arent any gangs in Amsterdam anymore, the only thing which comes near a gang is the F-Side (the hard core of Ajax, which also inst what it used to be).
I live in Amsterdam myself and i think your idea is cool, so dont think im here to ruin it, i just think it would be cooler to add more cities instead of just one.
I would even offer to help if you ever need someone to create textures and skins..

etix
  • etix

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 28 September 2005 - 10:26 AM

Hi,

We already thought about the idea to add more big cities like Rotterdam and Utrecht, but we want to make Amsterdam first. We won't make the whole city though, we just take the most feamous parts of Amsterdam and put them together with realistic streets of Amsterdam. When we're finished with making Amsterdam (included "Schiphol" the dutch airport, and some dutch highways, we will add more cities too, but we want Amsterdam to succeed first.

Thanks for your ideas about the gangs, we surely will think about that!

And if you want to help with making textures and skins, just give me a PM with your age and latest work in it. I will reply it as soon as possible.

Greets,

etix

P.S. I will post screenshots very soon.

etix
  • etix

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 01 October 2005 - 10:51 AM Edited by etix, 01 October 2005 - 10:55 AM.

I made a new building:

user posted image

More to come!

Greets,

etix

Whacko
  • Whacko

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 01 October 2005 - 11:06 AM Edited by Whacko, 01 October 2005 - 12:07 PM.

Well, I donīt like rl mods of gta that much, normally, but Amsterdam might really be one of the best locations as you can use boats there, too for example.

But Amsterdam isn`t that bad... Iīve been there 2 times without beeing robbed. biggrin.gif

Nice idea!

Sinn
  • Sinn

The Don of LC

• Members

Posted 01 October 2005 - 11:11 AM

Hey man, your giving Amsterdam a bad name! Nah im just kidding, cool idea. As soon as i get a new copy of sa(kinda broke my cd) i would love to do some coding for you guys. Keep up the good work biggrin.gif

Games-master
  • Games-master

why could it be

• Members

Posted 01 October 2005 - 11:58 AM

Hey man, your giving Amsterdam a bad name! Nah im just kidding, cool idea. As soon as i get a new copy of sa(kinda broke my cd) i would love to do some coding for you guys. Keep up the good work

I hate when the cd breaks, its a shame i can't copy it for my own personal use. Don't ban me because i not talking illegal but does anybody know any good copying software to copy stuff for my own personal use i've tried Nero Express.

etix
  • etix

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 01 October 2005 - 12:06 PM Edited by etix, 01 October 2005 - 01:56 PM.

QUOTE (Games-master @ Oct 1 2005, 12:58)
Hey man, your giving Amsterdam a bad name! Nah im just kidding, cool idea. As soon as i get a new copy of sa(kinda broke my cd) i would love to do some coding for you guys. Keep up the good work

I hate when the cd breaks, its a shame i can't copy it for my own personal use. Don't ban me because i not talking illegal but does anybody know any good copying software to copy stuff for my own personal use i've tried Nero Express.

Don't talk about it in this topic, only reply about the mod GTA: Amsterdam, K tnx NP.

New building:

user posted image

EDIT [15:54]:

Another:

user posted image

dertyjerzian
  • dertyjerzian

I have a custom member title. I call it "Solid Snake"

• BUSTED!

Posted 01 October 2005 - 01:58 PM Edited by dertyjerzian, 01 October 2005 - 02:03 PM.

Etix, Keep it up! I'm watching!

I'm tied up in my first myriad ot, glasgow, CNG, and a few other small things when it comes to GTA Stuff, But hopefully soon I can help you with Amsterdam, because I inlove.gif weed. hehe.

A tip, your steps look great, but for collision (It's "invisible"), make them ramps so the DFF is still steps. Might make better performance wink.gif

EDIT: I found this, will really come in handy, I bet. Linked (like 1600X1600) click here

etix
  • etix

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 01 October 2005 - 02:04 PM

Hey Dertyjerzian,

Haha, yeah it would be great if you're going to help too, though I don't understand the tip you gave me. sad.gif

See you later alligator

Knife
  • Knife

Tits.

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 01 October 2005 - 02:07 PM

He means when you make the collision file for the object dont have eash step have a ramp.

EDIT:

user posted image

etix
  • etix

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 01 October 2005 - 02:09 PM

Ok tnx dertyjerzian and Knife, I will change the stairs.

Pulseczar
  • Pulseczar

Mellow Gold

• Members

Posted 01 October 2005 - 03:08 PM

What a wonderful idea! :]

I will keep my eye on this.

Blockbuster
  • Blockbuster

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 October 2005 - 03:20 PM

colgate.gif I would love to see this mod, as im dutch too (i live near amsterdam)
tounge2.gif would be fun to walk into a coffeeshop, buy some weed and regain some health wink.gif

etix
  • etix

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 01 October 2005 - 03:32 PM

Thanks for the support guys!

@ Blockbuster:

The idea of the coffeeshop is nice smile.gif

Whacko
  • Whacko

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 01 October 2005 - 04:13 PM

Sure, some of them are very famous all over the world - I never pass `em on sightseeing tours, hehe. The Bulldog or Sheeba f.e.
Man, been a long time I was in that extraordinary city... gotta go there as soon as possible. wink.gif

etix
  • etix

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 01 October 2005 - 11:06 PM Edited by etix, 01 October 2005 - 11:24 PM.

Hehe yeah, The Bulldog is very populair in Amsterdam.

Another update. I know it's a boring building, but there are buildings like this in Amsterdam tounge.gif .

user posted image

dertyjerzian
  • dertyjerzian

I have a custom member title. I call it "Solid Snake"

• BUSTED!

Posted 01 October 2005 - 11:25 PM

No problem! Is that sketchup? I use max and you can optimize a mesh way far for collision (stay away from this with models with huge faces, also it can cause problems with interiors and closed places, so it's a now and then help.)

hehe, I found this, nice work!

user posted image

Amsterdam is a very architectural place! Have you decided how close you'll try to stay to reality? I don't mean model wise, I mean streetplan/landmarks/trademarked businesses?

etix
  • etix

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 01 October 2005 - 11:30 PM Edited by etix, 02 October 2005 - 10:18 AM.

Yeah its SketchUp, but I'm going to learn 3DSMax as soon as possible.

Nice picture smile.gif . Yeah we want to stay very close to reality, although we aren't going to make the whole city. We just model the most feamous parts of Amsterdam and connect them with real and fake streets of Amsterdam.

EDIT [12:18]

I made a new building:

user posted image

Hope you like it.

Blockbuster
  • Blockbuster

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 October 2005 - 12:54 PM

nice, but aren't the windows a bit big?

Whacko
  • Whacko

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 02 October 2005 - 08:47 PM

Just look at the photo, there isn`t that much wall on dutch houses. biggrin.gif
As far as I know is this also some kind of part of the culture or mentality to be more open than closed. Iīm not joking, a very kind old dutch farmer told me that once - sure, I donīt know exactely if he was joking with me, but I believed it. smile.gif

vALKYR
  • vALKYR

The Object of Affection.

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 03 October 2005 - 03:02 PM

QUOTE (Blockbuster @ Oct 2 2005, 14:54)

We dutch people are quite large, we need to have big windows.

etix
  • etix

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 03 October 2005 - 04:33 PM

QUOTE (vALKYR @ Oct 3 2005, 16:02)
QUOTE (Blockbuster @ Oct 2 2005, 14:54)

We dutch people are quite large, we need to have big windows.

Hehe, yeah and we just want to show the people outside we are fully naked !

J/K, some buildings do have that sizes windows.

Blockbuster
  • Blockbuster

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 October 2005 - 06:45 PM

yeah I know, Im a Dutchie too wink.gif
blush.gif I oughta visit Amsterdam more often, never really payed attention to the buildings suicidal.gif

Faulk_Wulf
  • Faulk_Wulf

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 03 October 2005 - 11:55 PM

Very nice. Best of luck. If you get to the point where you decide to do custom cars or something, I should know how to do handling lines by then. Looks very cool though. smile.gif inlove.gif

Quadropheniac90
  • Quadropheniac90

Confused Clown

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 04 October 2005 - 05:03 AM

Did you just confirm we like to show people we're naked? tounge.gif Funny how everybody judges The Netherlands on Amsterdam only. Anyways, Etix, I'm quite busy with our mod and I will be able to do stuff next week... Maybe you can upload a pic of my building? Or in other words: I'm too lazy to upload it myself. biggrin.gif

etix
  • etix

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 04 October 2005 - 11:52 AM

Thanks for the support guys, we appreciate that.
We will do custom cars Faulk_Wulf, I will pm you.
Teun, If you give me a high resolution picture of your building (when it's finished) I will upload it tounge.gif .

I'm working on the storyline right now, so if you have a nice idea, just pm me your story and we will see if it's good enough.

After the storyline is finished we will launch the website, so that's near the weekend.

JoeM
  • JoeM

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 04 October 2005 - 03:12 PM

Great idea, Amsterdam rocks!!
My Fav city of all time!
Nice buildings! the one with the big window looks like one of the ones from the red/l/d, apparently...
Only problem being Id be in the coffee shops all day.... like the last time I went funnily enough.... biggrin.gif dozingoff.gif

Lethal.Ambition
  • Lethal.Ambition

Rat

• Members

Posted 04 October 2005 - 03:56 PM

Buildings are looking great. I'll give this a go when you guys finish it. Looks sweet. smile.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users