|The Rules and Requirements|
|1. This is ONLY for SNP Helpers to post pics, not for just anyone. |
Anyone that is not a helper posting their CJ pics here will have their post deleted from the topic.
You must have completed a mission for someone using their save game file to qualify as a Helper and it is
their CJ pic you're going to be posting.
2. Helpers you are NOT required to do this if you do not want to. This is just for fun, nothing more.
3. Anyone can post comments about the pics. It's part of the fun.
4. When you get ready to start the game for someone, postion the camera so that you can see CJ in full view.
Face front shots are required. Back and side shots are optional.
There are examples below that show what is allowed and is not allowed (well not preferred)
5. You must crop your images so that only CJ is in the pic.
No need to have a 1024x768 image of just the character.
6. Use the following format....
Member: this is the person's name you did the mission for
Mission: what mission(s) you did for the Member
Comments: this is optional but it's some place you can give your 2cents
|How to take screen shots|
|* The free quick and dirty way is to just hit the PrintScreen key on your keyboard. You can then use Paint and paste the image and save it. |
* The not so cheap way but faster; FRAPS - <a href='http://fraps.com/' target='_blank'>http://fraps.com/</a>. This will take the screen shot for you and save it to the FRAPS folder as a JPEG file.
There other programs out there that should be able to do it and save it directly to a file, some free and others shareware, but I'm going to waste my time looking for them all
|How to crop the image|
|* Quick and dirty and free; IrfanView - |
1. Just open the file in IrfanView
2. Then just click&drag your mouse across the image. You can adjust the box to get CJ into the box without too much extra around the edges.
3. Then just go Edit->Crop selection
4. Finally File->Save or Save As to save your file.
If you use PrintScreen and Paint to save the image as a BMP, then in IrfanView it would be best to use
Save As and select 'Save as type' and set this 'JPG - JPEG Files'
If you use FRAPS, you can just do Save or if you want use Save As.
* You can also use Paint, but there are more steps, and it's a bit more confusing and more trouble than it's worth.
1. Open your image
2. Select the area to be cropped. Note that you cannot adjust the area to be cropped, if you don't like you have to try it again.
5. Make sure the starting size is smaller or the same size as what you cropped (better for it to be smaller just in case). Edit->Paste
6. Save the file as JPG/JPEG
Again there are many other image editting programs, most of them cost money shareware and commerical
programs, but these are usually more than what you need them for in this case.
2005-11-30: New banner image provited by [spitfire]