» «
Photo

Uniquecall VC v1

33 replies to this topic
Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 25 September 2005 - 11:09 PM Edited by Demarest, 29 September 2005 - 03:34 AM.

First and foremost, this took about 40 hours total to make. It started as a simple Code Tool (CT) to tell you what Unique Jumps (UJs) you had left, and instead became a deluxe CT to act as an informational tool all around for all things UJ. It was made then another feature added, then another, etc and across multiple coding sessions. The code was patched, tied together, modified, etc... SOMETHING's bound to be wrong with it. Not to mention that it's about 1700 lines long (my biggest scratch made mod yet) with only 12 wait commands. It's a very high priority mod, so it may crash slower machines. If you need to report ANYTHING, this is the place to do it. Be as thorough in your description as possible and thank you for your patience and understanding. As with any mod with this many features, the instructions may appear a bit daunting. Please take care to read them thoroughly. I've spent a lot of time trying my best to make sure all the bases are covered, so questions asked that these instructions answer will be ignored. Download link here. Updated 28 Sep 2005 - Updated to facilitate Darkpact level III flexibility as well as correct the interior bug believed to be in games after purchasing Pole Position. Original promo pic:
user posted image

Installation - Backup your /data/main.scm and replace it with Uniquecall's. Load your game.

Basic purpose - Identifying UJs you have left. The UJs are numbered according to standard game guides as has been accepted since very early on. The numbers are only for reference's sake. When you load, you will be warped to the first one you have yet to complete, already facing the direction to travel. You will notice that the mode indicator says LEFT indicating that it is displaying only jumps you have left to do. A small blip will appear on your radar indicating where you warped to, which is where you need to launch from. The big blip on the radar as well as the gigantic green corona in the sky indicates where you're aiming for to complete the UJ. At any time you are on foot, you may press Aim and Sprint together to be warped to the next unfinished UJ in your game assuming there are more to scroll through. Once it has exhausted the list, it will take you back to the first and a triple chime will sound to remind you that you've gone through all the ones you have yet to do.

Coronas in GTA - If the center of the corona is not on screen, none of the corona will be. So be sure to look up and down if you can't see it. Also, despite the fact that it is representing a sphere, it will only appear as a circle perpendicular to you for maximum visibility. These are the nature of coronas and are out of my control.

Switching modes - Uniquecall has 4 modes, but only 2 are selectable by the user: LEFT and JUMP. LEFT indicates jumps you have left to do while JUMP will scroll through all jumps whether you've already done them or not. This is to allow you to use Uniquecall to study various jumps, even if you've already done them. To switch modes, hold Crouch. As soon as you do, the airborn corona will change from green to yellow to indicate that continue holding it will switch modes. This is just in case you should bump Crouch unintentionally. After holding it for a second, a chime will sound and the corona will turn red. Once you release Crouch, the corona will turn to green once more and the mode will be toggled between LEFT and JUMP. If you have already completed all jumps, you will be locked out of LEFT mode as there simply are no more jumps to do. Also, switching from JUMP to LEFT will warp you to the next one you have left to do to avoid confusion from it saying LEFT on screen, but lighting up a jump you've already done. If you should load a game where all jumps are done already or complete all jumps while Uniquecall is loaded, you will be forced into JUMP mode and not have the option to leave that mode since there are no remaining jumps.

Other modes - Uniquecall features two other modes: TARGET and RETRY. At any time you begina UJ--be it one you've completed or not--THAT UJ will be lit up on the radar and in the sky. If it's a jump you have not yet done, you will enter TARGET mode and a sparkling purple corona will appear where your target is. Otherwise, you will enter RETRY mode and a sparkling orange corona will appear. In either mode, the camera will stay behind you instead of being locked into a cinematic position like a normal UJ. This is to help you hone your approach in case you do miss the jump, so that you can see where you missed it and by how much. If however you satisfy the jump, the camera will then lock into place while the corona switches from purple or orange to white indicating that you satisfied the jump. If you are in RETRY mode, the words UNIQUE STUNT BONUS will appear indicating that you hit it, just in case you barely made it and therefore didn't get to see the camera lock and/or the corona turn white. When you are finished with trying a UJ, Uniquecall will go back to lighting up the jump it was before and in the mode you were in before. This is unless the jump that was lit up was the one you did, you needed it, and you got it. In which case, it will shift you into JUMP mode since you no longer need that jump. You will have to exit your vehicle and press Sprint and Aim to go to the next one if you'd like.

Exiting Uniquecall - Since Uniquecall is a CT, it's mission based and therefore other mission and/or mission-like threads (such as saving) will not be functional until you first exit Uniquecall. This is done also by holding Crouch. The reason the corona switches from yellow to red when you are switching modes is to indicate that continuing to hold Crouch will exit Uniquecall. To do this, you must hold Crouch for 3 seconds total (2 seconds after the red corona appears). This is to prevent accidentally exiting. Once you have held Crouch for 3 seconds, all of Uniquecall's visual aids will disappear. You may then continue playing Vice City as you normally would. Uniquecall will become active every time you load as well as after starting a new game. If you no longer desire its assistance, simply restore your /data/main.scm back the the original. Uniquecall release image:

user posted image

Coders - The source code for Uniquecall is included with the download. It's not my prettiest work since it was down with different goals in mind as time went on and across multiple coding sessions. However, it only uses one global var as needed for the status_text. The global was 52??, a var used in the beginning only and never again, so it's free to use while retaining savegame compability.

VercettiVice
  • VercettiVice

Hustler

• BUSTED!

Posted 25 September 2005 - 11:17 PM

This is awesome! Nicely done, I look forward to seeing more! I myself will soon be doing some main.scm editing.

Justin
  • Justin

have a cigar

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 September 2005 - 11:38 PM Edited by Fuzzy Juzzy, 26 September 2005 - 02:11 AM.

Demarest, this is simply amazing. Congratulations, Uniquecall is a huge asset to the Vice City community. smile.gif

I've downloaded it, and I'll be sure to check it out soon. Cheers mate, it's much appreciated.

[EDIT] I've been mucking around with it for a while now, and I'm yet to run into any errors. However, you might want to considering adding a function where you can spawn a PCJ600 or similar. I say this because I know myself for one, and others possibly, will use Uniquecall for not only aiding the completion of jumps, but for easily being able to retry the jumps over and over again - simply for the sake of having a bit of fun.

For instance, I can spawn myself at the base of all the jumps I've yet to complete, but some of them are in rather inaccessible places. Take jump '2' for example. It's the first one Uniquecall comes up saying I'm yet to complete. I get spawned on top of the building. Then I have to jump down, grab a suitable vehicle for the jump, and work out how to get myself back up to the base of the jump, as spawning yourself does not work while in a vehicle.

Just a suggestion though. The tool still performs the function for which it was made - identifying the Unique Jumps you have yet to complete - which is all that really matters.

Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 September 2005 - 02:17 AM

I had thought of giving you a bike straightaway as well as allowing it to whisk you away to the next one while still in whatever vehicle. Reason I didn't is because this was intended as a gameplay Code Tool. You can use Time Vault or Wanderlust to complete UJs with. With this, you can finish your game and pat yourself for never having cheated since this only shows you what's up. YOU still have to do the work smile.gif Also, to stay legit with posting it in the VC forum, it shouldn't be too mod like anyways. It's more of a reference tool than anything.

Oh and you're not trying hard enough; I had to do a major code uprooting at the last moment to allow the game to revert back to the last jump that was highlighted. I HAD to overlook SOMETHING.

Justin
  • Justin

have a cigar

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 September 2005 - 02:24 AM

Ah, OK then. That's fair enough, I see where you're coming from.

At any rate, using Uniquecall in conjunction with any good trainer will allow you to spawn a PCJ600 at will.

Once again, thanks for the incredible contribution to the modding, coding, and general GTA scene. It's convenient that you released these tools on the eve of my school holidays, because now I have over 2 weeks to get addicted to Vice City again - instead of wasting my time studying for School Certificate exams. tounge.gif

Cheers.

skierpage
  • skierpage

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 September 2005 - 03:02 AM

Oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy!
I've been stuck on 35 of 36 for 9 months.

Slight correction to uniquecallreadme.html: Split sthe "Uniquecall release image:" at the end, with <h3> or something.

When I load my latest save file, GTA:VC displayed garbled: no buildings, just people, cars, and power-ups, plus the mod's corona and "Left" text. I exited GTA:VC and restarted and still had the same problem when I load that save file. One time I got an error from "VPU Recover", an ATI utility that resets my graphics card (ATI All-In-Wonder 9800), but I had the ATI TV tuner running so it's probably unrelated to your mod. I'm going to reboot altogether and see if the problem goes away. There's nothing special about that saved game, I just spent time in Brown Thunder and other killing sprees.

But with other earlier save files, it worked perfectly. It puts me on foot on the ramp of a jump I thought I had completed: jump 6 N->S over a bus near Auntie Poulet, showing the corona and a purple square and triangle on the map.

So I did the jump, nailed it, got 100% (YESSSSSS!!).

After completing that last jump I still saw its corona and the purple square and triangle and "Left 6". I'm not sure if that is intentional. I held down crouch long enough to leave the mode and see the SAVE GAME prompt and did so.

Amazing work! You da man (or woman, or Dushky, or whatever).

--
=S

skierpage
  • skierpage

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 September 2005 - 03:29 AM Edited by skierpage, 26 September 2005 - 03:48 AM.

Even after a restart my latest save file always has the "no buildings" visual display glitch.

When I load the problem save file, GTA:VC briefly displays a "Welcome to..." postcard that you see when crossing between islands, and displays the "Ocean View" placename for several seconds. The Ocean View hotel is indeed where I saved, but the last jump that Uniquecall teleports me to is in Little Haiti. I think my other (working) save files are on the second island, and they show the "Little Haiti" placename for several seconds.

I'll try driving closer from that save file and retrying.

<b>UPDATE EDIT</b>
With my original main.scm I drove to sunshine autos, saved there, then switched to the uniquejump SCM, and experienced no visual glitch. So I suspect there is some issue if you start on the other island to where your last jump is.

Hope this helps, let me know if you still want the save file.
--
=S

Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 September 2005 - 04:09 AM

QUOTE (skierpage @ Sep 25 2005, 23:02)
Slight correction to uniquecallreadme.html: Split sthe "Uniquecall release image:" at the end, with <h3> or something.
Eh? You realize that that's a single image of 8 screens, right? Same as in this very thread.

After completing that last jump I still saw its corona and the purple square and triangle and "Left 6".  I'm not sure if that is intentional.
If it said JUMP 6, that would be normal, yes. I just thought of why that might be though. Something I changed at the last minute probably makes it to where when you complete the last UJ, it doesn't lock into JUMP mode properly. Will fix that first thing in the morning.

You da man (or woman, or Dushky
I can DEFINITELY live with being the Dushky cool.gif

QUOTE (skierpage @ Sep 25 2005, 23:29)
With my original main.scm I drove to sunshine autos, saved there, then switched to the uniquejump SCM, and experienced no visual glitch.  So I suspect there is some issue if you start on the other island to where your last jump is.
No, the problem is that both Ocean View and Vercetti Estate are locations where you save inside an interior. Any CT I make that is designed to move you outside has a check to see if either flag is set. If so, blank both and select interior 0 (outdoors). In other words, Uniquecall was already made with this provision in mind. Most likely, on your machine, the flag and interior switching took place before the interiors thread could recover. Would you mind sharing with me your system specs? Particularly, your CPU speed. In the morning, I'll take a look at the timings. It was something I had tested before and when I tested just now, outdoors spawned fine, but I was actually able to start a Rampage. So (as with any CT), I'll have to re-evaluate the timings.

QUOTE (skierpage @ Sep 25 2005, 23:29)
Hope this helps, let me know if you still want the save file.
Yes I do in fact.

This is all just as well. I do believe Y_Less is on the verge of educating me with what I need to switch Darkpact and the entire Code Tools line to a more streamlined implimentation. If I'm right, Code Tools such as Uniquecall will be able to act as SCM replacements, complete with all other misisons and such.

Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 September 2005 - 10:08 AM

Okay, just NOW made a few changes. If you were experiencing any bugs mentioned above, you may want to redownload now. In order to make timings better (both for possible interior interference as well as the Rampage glitch I encountered), I switched from waiting for a half second to waiting until the onmission flag is blanked. This is how I used to do it and frankly, I don't know why I switched to timed. But the reason the Rampage was loading for me was because it was my first save at Ocean View and the whole "step into the pink marker" thing for Old Friends was blanking the onmission flag after Uniquecall was underway. Going back to my tried and true method of recovering from the save thread on load ensures all of this is accounted for.

I was also experiencing an issue with the outdoors being dark. This was also an interior thing that I myself have experienced during the misison Bar Brawl. Despite this being my first attempt to fix this, I was successful via the reset_interior_colors command. So until skierpage posts his save and/or findings with this new version, I will assume that all known bugs are addressed and fixed. Still would like your save though.

As a special note, one I only happened upon during testing now but am VERY delighted to announce: If your game suffers from the UJ cam glitch, Uniquecall inadvertantly works around it (while loaded and in progress). While this doesn't solve it or provide any additional understanding as to why it takes place, it does offer another way of dealing with it. I'm guessing it happens because of the way I lock the camera when you satisfy the criteria. Funny too because I was originally considering leaving that out to allow the camera to stay behind you at all times smile.gif

skierpage
  • skierpage

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 September 2005 - 09:42 PM

I retried with your revised main.scm (modified September 26, 2005, 5:55:00 AM, 213,661 bytes) and I still see no buildings, and I see the "Ocean View" text (where I saved) rather than "Little Haiti" (where the jump 6 to which I'm teleported is).

Would you mind sharing with me your system specs? Particularly, your CPU speed.

AMD Athlon 64 3000+ (Windows XP System Properties says 2.00 GHz), 1 GB RAM. ATI All-in-Wonder 9800. State of the art in Feb 2004 when I bought it specifically to play GTA:VC rolleyes.gif

I don't have your e-mail, where/how do I upload this save file?

The glitch doesn't matter to me, the workaround of saving at an exterior location worked fine.

As for uniquecallreadme.html, I just mean that the text "Uniquecall release image:" near the end should start a new paragraph or a new heading. I'm sorry I wasn't clearer.

If you want to send your postal address to skierpage on the earthlink.net service, I'll send you the $10. Unlike that Infernus-drivin' traitor Lance, I keep my word!
--
=S

Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 28 September 2005 - 06:25 AM

QUOTE (skierpage @ Sep 27 2005, 17:42)
AMD Athlon 64 3000+ (Windows XP System Properties says 2.00 GHz), 1 GB RAM.  ATI All-in-Wonder 9800.  State of the art in Feb 2004 when I bought it specifically to play GTA:VC  rolleyes.gif
Well we know THAT isn't playing a part in it then wink.gif

I don't have your e-mail, where/how do I upload this save file?
Samutz's SNP uploader

The glitch doesn't matter to me, the workaround of saving at an exterior location worked fine.
Don't say that! First of all, you go on to talk about money, so it has to be right, eh? Secondly, I'm normally known (I think) for not releasing garbage. I spent over 40 manhours writing it and tried to think of everything. If nothing else, I addressed that very possibility originally! Only to find out somebody suffers from it anyways cryani.gif It might be out of my control, but if I can fix it, I want to. I enjoy the challenge smile.gif

As for uniquecallreadme.html, I just mean that the text "Uniquecall release image:" near the end should start a new paragraph or a new heading.  I'm sorry I wasn't clearer.
Oh, well I just do it that way because what you're suggesting would mean a couple more carriage returns and text floating all by itself just to introduce a pic that's more or less self-explanatory. I didn't want the text to get lonely lol.gif

If you want to send your postal address to skierpage on the earthlink.net service, I'll send you the $10.  Unlike that Infernus-drivin' traitor Lance, I keep my word!
blush.gif Dude, you TOTALLY do not have to do that. However, I did look into it and found that donate buttons are much easier than I thought, so I went ahead and put one up on my site. I blame you for the inspiration tounge.gif

But yeah, get me the save file and maybe I can get you sorted. Because if you're experiencing the bug (even though I'm not with the same code), others might be too.

Also, as a preemptive announcement, Uniquecall v2 was actually made BEFORE Darkpact level 2. The only reason I haven't released it yet is because I'd like to upgrade ALL my CTs to level 2 at the same time so that my topic and web-based instructions will all be streamlined. What does v2 do to a CT? It uses the Darkpact level 2 technique so that once you drop a CT in, it's fully plug and play. In the case of Uniquecall, that means that you can exit the CT and play the game as you normally would. Uniquecall will be there to help each time you load. Or in terms of one-time CTs like Shatterstorm, it means that after using it, you won't have to swap SCMs back like before. Most notable though (for those who've tried using CTs back to back) is that you WILL be able to use CTs back to back without having to bother with swapping original code back, saving again, and so on. level 2 CTs will even be specially engineered so that you will be able to start a new game while that CT is loaded, and you will immediately get the benefits of it. They will act as direct code replacements!

Wolf68k
  • Wolf68k

always howling

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 September 2005 - 06:57 PM

You plan on doing this and others for GTA3 and SA?
I know in SA the jumps are required, but I like doing them anyway.

This is the one thing I've really been waiting for. I've used the hidden packages lights mod for VC and created it for the GTA3 based off the info I got from the VC version, I don't see much of a point with the rampages lights though.

simps
  • simps

I'm a twat.

• Members

Posted 28 September 2005 - 10:29 PM

QUOTE (wolf68k @ Sep 28 2005, 14:57)
You plan on doing this and others for GTA3 and SA?
I know in SA the jumps are not required, but I like doing them anyway.

This is the one thing I've really been waiting for. I've used the hidden packages lights mod for VC and created it for the GTA3 based off the info I got from the VC version, I don't see much of a point with the rampages lights though.

I just wanted to edit your post a bit so noobs don't have to spam SanAn forums asking.

Can I get a link to the GTA3 light mod? smile.gif

Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 28 September 2005 - 11:06 PM

Use search?

I think Rampages were done too simply because they could be. I too when making a mod, do not not pass up similar things because I know the public will ask "how about this then?" And then you have 2 or 3 versions floating about, etc.

I would gladly convert this to GTA3. I will not convert it to SA. For starters, they're not required in SA. Secondly, the code makes no provisions for tracking them. No flags are set. They're established differently in SA than in GTA3 and VC and that's it; the engine handles it from there. There's no known way currently to piggy back off of that info.

skierpage
  • skierpage

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 September 2005 - 12:06 AM

QUOTE (Demarest @ Sep 28 2005, 23:06)
...  the [SA] code makes no provisions for tracking them. No flags are set.

But you could imagine a tool that inspects a save file and reports "Jumps #6, 12, and 27 not done; tag #88 not done".

I originally hoped to find a VC save file inspector. Uniquecall is a huge advance on that, amazing stuff!

--
=S

Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 29 September 2005 - 12:34 AM Edited by Demarest, 29 September 2005 - 01:51 AM.

But Uniquecall checks global flags that the code establishes and switches in the event that you pass it. Real easy to tap into. Not to mention that those sections of codes have the coords mapped out already, etc... What you're suggesting for SA would require the jump passed/not addresses to be known and used by an external tool. I'm not versed in such languages yet. It is my goal for one day, but I don't see something not even needed to progress in the game as being motivation enough like it was for VC.

[EDIT]
I've let jacob know that there's a demand for such a thing. He's capable of tool creation as well as memory hacking. Maybe he can come up with something.

Just saw that you DID make a donation inlove.gif I don't know what to say. You will be happy to know however that I DID fix your issue. I'll have it released shortly as a level III Darkpactor! level III Darkpactors will be like level 2, but with the ability to start a new game with them. Uniquecall MAY be too large for standard implimentation, but I already have an idea if that's the case on how to work around it. This will mean that a level III mod will be released before the technique and its documentation are! wow.gif

Wolf68k
  • Wolf68k

always howling

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 September 2005 - 03:07 AM

QUOTE (Demarest @ Sep 28 2005, 18:06)
Use search?

I think Rampages were done too simply because they could be. I too when making a mod, do not not pass up similar things because I know the public will ask "how about this then?" And then you have 2 or 3 versions floating about, etc.

I would gladly convert this to GTA3. I will not convert it to SA. For starters, they're not required in SA. Secondly, the code makes no provisions for tracking them. No flags are set. They're established differently in SA than in GTA3 and VC and that's it; the engine handles it from there. There's no known way currently to piggy back off of that info.

Damn.

I'm almost ashamed to admit this, but then I haven't worked very hard to try and find it, but I've got one jump missing in SA.

Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 29 September 2005 - 03:38 AM Edited by Demarest, 29 September 2005 - 04:45 AM.

Uniquecall v3 released! Download link here. The interior bug skierpage brought to my attention has been fixed in this release. Thanks to skierpage for bringing this to my attention as well as sharing his save that I might better diagnose the issue. Also, the CT was given Darkpact level III flexibility. What does this mean to you? It means that the CT now acts like the original game in every way except that now, any time you load, the CT will become active, even after starting a new game. You can of course avoid that by restoring your /data/main.scm with the original once you've saved.

All CT's will be upgraded with level III flexibility soon.

@wolf: Last I checked, jacob is making monster progress with that smile.gif

skierpage
  • skierpage

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 September 2005 - 03:39 AM

The new version fixes the no-buildings glitch and wrong location text with my save! Thanks!

--
=S

robsonslz
  • robsonslz

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 November 2005 - 09:00 PM

Demarest... happy.gif

Very same good, I tested in my GTA VC the file uniquecall. It is super good! And Very easy. Congratulations! icon14.gif

Justin
  • Justin

have a cigar

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 November 2005 - 11:01 PM

QUOTE (robsonslz @ Nov 12 2005, 08:00)
Demarest... happy.gif

Very same good, I tested in my GTA VC the file uniquecall. It is super good! And Very easy. Congratulations! icon14.gif

I'm sure Dem appreciates the positive response, but in future, all feedback should go in the pinned topic regarding all of Dem's code tools. That way everything stays in the one topic. smile.gif

Spuds725
  • Spuds725

Party Animal

• United-States

Posted 12 November 2005 - 02:59 AM

QUOTE (Fuzzy Juzzy @ Nov 11 2005, 18:01)
I'm sure Dem appreciates the positive response, but in future, all feedback should go in the pinned topic regarding all of Dem's code tools. That way everything stays in the one topic. smile.gif

QUOTE (Demarest @ Sep 25 2005, 18:20)
Uniquecall, the one-stop tool for all things Unique Jumps is now released. The Code Tool is deluxe, so I gave it its own feedback thread here.

Dem linked back here for comments/feedback....this post is from his pinned thread....

This thread is good for comments-- Dem doesn't want the other thread cluttered with feedback comments-- I kind of like keeping Pinned topics short anyway...

Spuds

Justin
  • Justin

have a cigar

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 November 2005 - 03:12 AM

QUOTE (Spuds725 @ Nov 12 2005, 13:59)
QUOTE (Fuzzy Juzzy @ Nov 11 2005, 18:01)
I'm sure Dem appreciates the positive response, but in future, all feedback should go in the pinned topic regarding all of Dem's code tools. That way everything stays in the one topic.  smile.gif

QUOTE (Demarest @ Sep 25 2005, 18:20)
Uniquecall, the one-stop tool for all things Unique Jumps is now released. The Code Tool is deluxe, so I gave it its own feedback thread here.

Dem linked back here for comments/feedback....this post is from his pinned thread....

This thread is good for comments-- Dem doesn't want the other thread cluttered with feedback comments-- I kind of like keeping Pinned topics short anyway...

Spuds

blush.gif

Haha, my mistake. Apologies.

I figure there's nothing wrong with commenting in this thread if Dem's OK with it.

ArcAngel
  • ArcAngel

Rat

• Members

Posted 14 November 2005 - 12:23 PM

Will this work with the Marina Car Park mod?

This is one "helper" I definately need as I don't remember the UJ's I've done, but if it's not compatible with the carpark mod above then I really can't use it. sad.gif

Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 November 2005 - 05:32 PM

Probably not, but it could easily be adapted to suit it I would think. You'd need the Carpark source code for starters. It would require that that the DMA slots used in the USJ thread are identical. Then you'd need to take his source code and use the Darkpact technique to run Uniquecall's code. This is assuming a lot, so unless you have advanced coding knowledge, I wouldn't even attempt it.

ArcAngel
  • ArcAngel

Rat

• Members

Posted 15 November 2005 - 12:54 AM

Ok, I don't really follow what you just said, but I get the gist of it. biggrin.gif

Perhaps it's just as well. I'm starting to suffer from the game randomly crashing on me, though in spots it's not random, like crashing when trying to enter the garage at the estate - or crashing because I want to ride a motorcycle inside the mansion. smile.gif

And I really don't have this modded out either. Just VCLights, a speedo, and the Marina Carpark, along with some modded ammo counts....and a LOT of "loud" colors. biggrin.gif

I may just uninstall and re-install a Plain Jane version and see if I suffer any crashes wtih no mods installed. I might also have a corrupt save file. That would really suck as my first corrupt file I got up to 80% on, and the one I'm on now I'm up to 35%....

Thanks Dem.

gtagino
  • gtagino

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 August 2006 - 03:43 PM

OK I installed it and put it in the data folder and replaced my main.scm with the one in the download, and nothing has changed. WHat is wrong?

Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 August 2006 - 05:27 PM

Only thing wrong is that you're posting this instead of enjoying it wink.gif Answer in your other posts. Just had to post here so other people looking into Uniquecall don't think something's wrong with it.

Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 20 April 2007 - 10:31 PM

Bump. Saw a couple posts asking questions that this would solve, so...

But really, I came to this thread looking for Fuzzy's compilation of ingame pics.

Justin
  • Justin

have a cigar

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 April 2007 - 12:49 AM

QUOTE (Demarest @ Apr 21 2007, 08:31)
But really, I came to this thread looking for Fuzzy's compilation of ingame pics.

http://www.gtaforums...dpost&p=3389915

Zipped folder of them (you're still welcome to upload them to tfads... Not sure what came of the initial suggestion).

Welcome back, big man.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users