Create your own ipl/ide using Kam's IO Script
Posted 11 September 2005 - 10:38 AM Edited by Kam, 11 September 2005 - 05:35 PM.
Kam's Map IO script
- Run the script, from GUI press "Get IPL info." button and select any ipl you want.
- Now you have some infos. Press "List DFF" button so all dff file you needed will be listed in Maxscript Listener (F11 to call it out)
- Create a folder and extract all dff from gta3.img to that folder.
* Optional, extract all image from txd to that folder if you want to see textured objects in (G)Max.
- Back to (G)Max and press "DFF Path" button (Top Left). Select the folder where all dff are located.
TIP: You can check if any dff missing form that folder by prssing "Check Missing DFF" button.
- Select which game version you are going to import.
- Select texture type if you want to see textured object in (G)Max. Now press the "IPL" button from Import group.
- After a while, you map should be ready in (G)Max. But all models' infos.(IDs, texture pack etc) are missing!
- So you have to import ide. Press the "IDE" button from Import group again.
* Remember not all infos. are stored in ipl/ide pairs. You might need to import more than one ide!
Working with your Map:
TIP: Select all and freeze the objects to prevant move/edit any object accidentlly!
- Create/import/merge your objects into (G)Max.
- Select your objects one by one and form my MAP IO script -> Objects Properities, design your properities and press "Set" button to store the infos. into each object.
- You can press the "Get" button to see all infos. in your object.
- Since you can create marker objects(parked car, pickup item etc) in your map. They are unique objects form my MAP IO script.
- From MAP IO script -> Map Objects Creation. Press any button you want. The marker object will be created and selected for you.
- Move it to the location and goto Modify Panel, change any setting you wanted.
* DO NOT rotate/scale the marker objects, use the angle/size spinner in Modify Panel instead.
- Make sure which game version you are going to export.
- Select all objects you want to export
- From MAP IO script -> IO Control press the "IPL"/"IDE" button to export the txt to Maxscript Listener
- Copy and Paste these text into a .ipl/.ide and you are ready to test your new map ingame!
Posted 11 September 2005 - 11:05 PM
just what i,ve been looking for
good work cheers
Posted 19 September 2005 - 04:49 PM
I have all make the pieces (COL , DFF , TXD) and they look fine in the software...
Posted 08 December 2005 - 09:04 PM
my system specs:
Pentium D 830 (3.00GHz)
ATI Radeon x300
(for more full specs check out HP Media Center m7260n)
Posted 19 January 2006 - 11:01 AM Edited by elimn8, 20 January 2006 - 09:53 AM.
1 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users