Photo

Compiled Path Nodes

70 replies to this topic
NathanHenry
  • NathanHenry

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 12 December 2005 - 07:06 AM

Yeah dude Cerbera is right you should post a topic somewhere in the Mod Showroom about your SA Path Editor tool in english of course. This is amazing.

JGuntherS@NL
  • JGuntherS@NL

Being a being

• Members

Posted 12 December 2005 - 09:11 AM Edited by JGuntherS@NL, 12 December 2005 - 02:03 PM.

Here you are: [WIP] SA Path Editor

JGuntherS@NL
  • JGuntherS@NL

Being a being

• Members

Posted 14 December 2005 - 10:07 AM Edited by JGuntherS@NL, 14 December 2005 - 10:08 AM.

QUOTE (Cerbera @ Dec 11 2005, 21:58)
3D paths builder would be a great addition to it, once the core is made stable. smile.gif

I think the core is pretty stable, I've ported the core to C# and implemented a try/catch/finally block, all the editing will take place in the GUI-thread.

Woops. Sorry for double posting.

tonywob
  • tonywob

[WIP] Modder

• Members

Posted 14 December 2005 - 10:24 AM

That's good work, I'm glad someone is finally working on an editor for it. smile.gif

I don't understand why you need to change VB. Net into C#, they work on exactly the same principal (That is, assuming you are using VB.NET and not an older version)

You will get alot more speed if you program this straight into C smile.gif , Minus the error checking.

JGuntherS@NL
  • JGuntherS@NL

Being a being

• Members

Posted 14 December 2005 - 11:03 AM Edited by JGuntherS@NL, 15 December 2005 - 06:20 PM.

QUOTE (tonywob @ Dec 14 2005, 10:24)
I don't understand why you need to change VB. Net into C#, they work on exactly the same principal (That is, assuming you are using VB.NET and not an older version)

You will get alot more speed if you program this straight into C smile.gif , Minus the error checking.

I'm changing to C# because I'm not very good in C++, so I'm using C# as a step in between of C# and C++ (dutch: een opstapje van C# naar C++). (And C# has unsinged integers/longs and so, and VB hasn't)

After it's completely ported, I'll try to learn some C++. (Stopped porting to C#, check the Path Editor-topic)

DexX
  • DexX

Black Hat

• Feroci Racing

Posted 01 March 2006 - 01:16 PM

pinned for quick reference

ocram88
  • ocram88

Mapper & Mission Scripter

• Members

Posted 05 March 2006 - 11:50 AM

Hi, i work on a paths compilier.
Atm only peds work and my test path work 100% without crash for me.
For that reason i post my path. i want to know if it works for other too.

download

MoeRonimoe
  • MoeRonimoe

I write the songs that make the young girls cry

• Members

Posted 05 March 2006 - 02:00 PM

I tried it and it seems to work.

Nice job die.gif

ocram88
  • ocram88

• Members

Posted 06 March 2006 - 03:40 PM

is moeronimoe the only who has test my paths? bored.gif nervous.gif

JGuntherS@NL
  • JGuntherS@NL

Being a being

• Members

Posted 06 March 2006 - 04:06 PM

I've analysed them, using a hex editor, and using my path editor, but I saw that your section 6 is yust FF FF FF FF etc. That would mean section 6 isn't needed to make the paths working smile.gif .

ocram88
  • ocram88

• Members

Posted 06 March 2006 - 04:18 PM

steve m. has written down in the first post, that section 6 the
Link lengths in full units is.
i've set it to 255, because i was to lazy to calculate the distance between 2 nodes biggrin.gif

steve-m
  • steve-m

• Members

Posted 06 March 2006 - 04:54 PM

But you have to calculate them, otherwise path finding won't work.

ARMax
  • ARMax

AKA, ARMaxMods

• Members

Posted 04 April 2006 - 06:54 AM Edited by ARMax, 19 December 2006 - 04:19 PM.

<Deleted - Im no longer a nub>

Interdictor
  • Interdictor

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 May 2006 - 10:09 PM

A note about the train and tracks dat files in SA

Both train.dat and train2.dat are NOT used by the game since these files are relicts of
previous games (they are identical with the files of the same name in the Vice City data folder where they didn't play any role as well for there was no rail system in VC, of course; I think they come from the first 3d GTA but am too lazy to install and check). This has been tested: I cut both files, but the game didn't complain about it and I haven't experienced any problems, no abnormalities have occured so far.

However, tracks.dat files are necessary for proper running of the game. If you cut them, delete them or make a mess in them, your game will get frozen or an error message will appear indicating that something went wrong in SA application. I've found out how the file tracks.dat works, but I keep testing it now and because I want to provide more complex info about it, I don't intend to post it right now.

I've been working on a new railroad through SA that would connect villages but it is a real pain in my a.s. Any further development depends on my spare time.

sueey
  • sueey

KILLA7 = sueey

• Members

Posted 29 July 2006 - 01:18 PM

Excuse me?the download links doesnt work!

ChrisBenoit!
  • ChrisBenoit!

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 August 2006 - 09:16 PM

I wish me a little tutorial biggrin.gif
Who can make me a tut. ? smile.gif

Sorry for that bad english^^

steve-m
  • steve-m

• Members

Posted 04 August 2006 - 10:25 PM

If you mean SA's car/ped paths, I'll continue working on that in a few weeks. I'll finish my tool, and then write a short tutorial on how to use it.

ocram88
  • ocram88

• Members

Posted 18 August 2006 - 11:52 AM Edited by ocram88, 19 August 2006 - 08:45 AM.

hi, the last weeks a was to lazy to continue my work on path tool,
and atm i'm lazy too. but i will release my current stuff.
it is atm only for peds sry, but i hope you have fun with this

Download

Edit: when you create own path, than the old paths are deleted

steve-m
  • steve-m

• Members

Posted 18 August 2006 - 12:29 PM

I didn't have time to continue working on my tool either, but it's still too premature to be uploaded. Still needs much testing, and the car stuff was missing several things. But I still hope I'll be able to release it somewhen this summer.

ocram88
  • ocram88

• Members

Posted 20 August 2006 - 10:11 AM

sorry guys, i noticed the 'Add paths from another .npf' was always gray.
i looked in my code und saw the code is incomplete, so i finished the procedure for adding with multi-import.

New Download

ChrisBenoit!
  • ChrisBenoit!

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 August 2006 - 06:39 PM

Good work colgate.gif
cookie.gif

Astramak
  • Astramak

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 October 2006 - 12:17 PM

Dont work suicidal.gif

steve-m
  • steve-m

• Members

Posted 14 November 2006 - 10:01 PM

All file format information moved to the wiki (and heavily extended, especially sec 2). I've been sitting on this stuff way too long...

Wiki: GTA SA Paths

Also, here is an early and incomplete alpha of my Path Tool. No proper documentation or tutorials available, please refer to the readme (and possibly the file format specs). For in-game examples see the test path releases in Myriad's paths topic.

Mark
  • Mark

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 14 November 2006 - 10:34 PM

ooh cool I'll take a look at the wiki and the tool. Probably not the best person to do paths for MI, but meh, it's fun to have a go myself.

leviatan
  • leviatan

Build your own world

• Members

Posted 06 December 2006 - 04:46 PM

Hi everybody.
Mr Steve M, Mr Ocram, hello.

One more time, that guys shows how incredible they are.

Well, i have been experimenting with both tools. But no results sad.gif . My fault, of course.
Ok, let me show my doubts:

user posted image user posted image

I think i know how to compile the txt. Check if this is right: I Need to open the console , promp, and then:
1º cd my foler
2º run Executabletool(exe) textFile.txt ENTER

user posted image

I hope so.

Well, nother weird thing: if i delete all the original nodes from gta3.img, the game dont crashes and i still see all the cars in game. I am talking about my Speed Island map. I cant understad where is the engine reading that data. Really, its so weird.

I hope somebodycould help me. Thank you so so much.
Ocram, Steve, you are the ENGINE BREAKER !!! rah.gif
lol.gif

leviatan
  • leviatan

Build your own world

• Members

Posted 06 December 2006 - 09:35 PM

Oh, dont worry tounge.gif

Steve, Ocram, I LOVE YOU inlove.gif

leviatan
  • leviatan

Build your own world

• Members

Posted 07 December 2006 - 03:49 PM Edited by leviatan, 07 December 2006 - 04:00 PM.

Damn, i have a troubble.
I dont know what´s happening. I already got it, peds + cars, but i dont know what i am doing wrong, because, when i try to do a more elaborated path, and mixing peds and cars....in game, it doesnt work confused.gif
Can somebody tell the rules of the game? Maybe i am doing a wrong line, i have no idea mercie_blink.gif

I have got it, but then, i lost it suicidal.gif

user posted image

steve-m
  • steve-m

• Members

Posted 08 December 2006 - 05:43 PM

QUOTE (leviatan @ Dec 6 2006, 17:46)
Well, i have been experimenting with both tools. But no results  sad.gif   . My fault, of course.
Ok, let me show my doubts:

user posted image  user posted image

If you want to have a circuit then yes, you have to close the spline. The name doesn't matter, that's just for you to distinguish your paths. However, Max seems to export them sorted alphabetically. It's generally recommended to export paths for big roads first, so the small roads get joined to the big ones at junctions, not vice versa, and alphabetical naming might be useful here.

I think i know how to compile the txt. Check if this is right: I Need to open the console , promp, and then:
1º cd my foler
2º run Executabletool(exe) textFile.txt ENTER

user posted image

I hope so.

Yep, correct.

Well, nother weird thing:  if i delete all the original nodes from gta3.img, the game dont crashes and i still see all the cars in game. I am talking about my Speed Island map. I cant understad where is the engine reading that data. Really, its so weird.

Weird indeed. Did you also delete the separate ones in the paths folder? (Although I'm sure those aren't used.)

QUOTE (leviatan @ Dec 7 2006, 16:49)
Damn, i have a troubble.
I dont know what´s happening. I already got it, peds + cars, but i dont know what i am doing wrong, because, when i try to do a more elaborated path, and mixing peds and cars....in game, it doesnt work  confused.gif
Can somebody tell the rules of the game? Maybe i am doing a wrong line, i have no idea  mercie_blink.gif

user posted image  user posted image 

I see the highway flag checked in that one screenshot. Better use only default settings for testing, since I think I never tested that flag. Use default settings, test if paths work, and then play with the settings until it stops working. Oh, and having cars and peds mixed works fine for me, so you might be doing something wrong. For troubleshooting, you can disable paths in the text file temporarily by changing the keywords "vehicle_path" or "ped_path" to something else, then that section will just be skipped by the parser. Theoretically it should work.

pingdanlantian
  • pingdanlantian

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 31 May 2007 - 05:42 PM Edited by pingdanlantian, 31 May 2007 - 05:52 PM.

I'm a newhand and who can give me a help?

I want the tool empty path nodes, the link is disable.

Anyone give the link once again? thanks

~

e, Also I want the tool named Aschratts Path-Editor

Aschratt
  • Aschratt

Three Headed Monkey

• Members

Posted 31 May 2007 - 06:27 PM

http://www.aschratt.com => Downloads => Tools (Preloading... so there isnt a direct link to the DL Section).

You can create empty nodes using my tool... Just start it up, klick Tools => Create stripped Nodes.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users