» «
Photo

How do I add car components?

8 replies to this topic
GivingItAllUpInHere
  • GivingItAllUpInHere

GTA Coder

• Members

Posted 09 September 2005 - 06:35 PM Edited by GivingItAllUpInHere, 10 September 2005 - 01:09 AM.

I want to know how do I install car mods to a car without adding the car component object to the DEFINE OBJECT part? like:

DEFINE OBJECT spl_b_bbr_m

I can install car mods but only if I define them like above,how did R* do it? I tried looking through the CARMOD1 external script but no luck,alot of arrays...

And I figured out what some unknown opcodes do that was declared as
"Unknown Action Sequence" These are for GTA SA

05BA: Make_actor $actor stop_for $time ms (Makes actor stop for $time ms)

05BB: Unknown $actor @1 @2 (Unknown,if both @1 and @2 are 0,the player falls on his back,with some values he walks...)

05BC: Make_actor $actor jump (Makes the actor jump)

05BD: Make_actor $actor catch_breath_for $time ms (The actor catches his breath for $time ms)

05BE: Kill_actor $actor (Kill the actor. NOTE: OPCODE 0321 doesn't kill the actor)

05BF: Make_actor $actor1 look_at_actor $actor2 for $time ms (Actor1 looks at actor2 for $time ms)

05C0: Make_actor $actor look_at_car $car for $time ms (Actor looks at car for $time ms)

05C1: Unknown

05C2: Make_actor $actor give_hand_gesture (Actor raised right hand,like saying "Go Away!")

05C3: Make_actor $actor back_away (Actor back away like he was pushed)

05C4: Make_actor $actor surrender_for $time ms (Actor raises arms in the air for $time,like if you point a gun to a ped)

05C5: Make_actor $actor take_cover_for $time ms (Actor ducks and puts his arms on his head for $time ms,"Taking Cover")

05C6: Unknown (Never used in the original mission script)

05C7: Make_actor $actor buy_something (Actor buys something,can't really see what he does)

05C8: Make_actor $actor look_around (Actor looks around)

05C9: Make_actor $actor lean_forward_and_look_around_for $time ms (Actor leans a bit forward and looks around for $time)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
05CA: Make_actor $actor enter_car $car in_passenger_seat $Pass time_limit $time ms (Puts actor into a passenger seat)

$Pass is the passenger seat number:

0=Front right seat
1=Rear left seat
2=Rear right seat

$time is the time limit for the actor to get into the car,if the actor is still not in the car after this time limit,the

actor gets instantly put into the car.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

05CB: Put_actor $actor into_car $car driverseat_time_limit $time ms (Puts actor into a driverseat)

$time is the time limit for the actor to get into the car,if the actor is still not in the car after this time limit,the

actor gets instantly put into the car.

05CC: Unknown (Never used in the original mission script)

05CD: Unknown R* used it as $actor $car (Doesn't seem to do anything)

05CE: Never Used

05CF: $actor $car $X $Y $Z (seems to run away from $car,follows ped paths,what's the $X $Y $Z for?)

05D0: Never Used

05D1: Unknown (Got quite a few parameters)

05D2: Put_actor $actor into_Car $car and_drive_anywhere_at_speed $speed with_driving_type $type (Makes actor get into a car

and then he drives anywhere

$type is the driving type: he wants to,follows roads)

0=Actor stops at traffic lights,avoids cars etc.
1=The same as 0, there might be a difference,I don't know
2=Actor ignores traffic lights and avoids cars
3=Actor ignores traffic lights and doesn't avoid cars,drives right into them
4=Actor ignores traffic lights but avoids cars,doesn't overtake them,if a car stops infront of him he also stops

05D3: Make_actor $actor go_to_point $X $Y $Z style $style time_limit $time ms (Makes actor go to a certain point (x,y,z)

$style is the walk or run style,need to experiment,R* mostly used 4 and sometimes 6 (both is running)
$time is the time limit for the actor to go the the certain point,if the actor is not at the point after $time then the actor

gets instantly put at the point

05D4: Make_actor $actor turn_to_Zangle $Zangle (Makes actor turn to $Zangle)

This opcode turns the actor slower than opcode 0173: set_actor $PLAYER_ACTOR z_angle_to 262.0
This opcode is more realistic in turning the actor

05D5: Never Used

05DE: Make_actor $actor walk_to_anywhere (Actor walks to anywhere he wants,he makes sure it is safe before he crosses a road)

05E2: Make_actor $actor1 kill $actor2 (Actor1 kills actor2,if actor1 has a weapon he uses it)

0657: With_car $car open_body_part $part and_freeze (Opens a certain part of a car)

$part is the bodypart of the car:

0=hood
1=trunk
2=front left door
3=front right door
4=rear left door
5=rear right door

That's what I have got.

spaceeinstein
  • spaceeinstein

巧克力

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 September 2005 - 08:31 PM

Damn, you could've looked in the SA Opcdes topic since you rediscovered half of the opcodes in that list. Nice finds on many of the other ones.

ZAZ
  • ZAZ

Kernlochbohrer

• Feroci
  • European-Union

Posted 10 September 2005 - 10:31 PM

QUOTE (GivingItAllUpInHere @ Sep 9 2005, 18:35)
05CA: Make_actor $actor enter_car $car in_passenger_seat $Pass time_limit $time ms

Yeah, great. Thats it, what I searched inlove.gif cookie.gif cookie.gif
I tried
01D4: actor $PLAYER_ACTOR go_to_car @1 and_enter_it_as_a_passenger
because it is shown in the SA database, but I only got crashes
CODE
05CA: Make_actor $PLAYER_ACTOR enter_car @1 in_passenger_seat $2 time_limit $10000 ms

But pity, CJ only enter the front passenger_seat once with and once
without enter-animation, each how to set the seat param.
And it seems, when there is a driver in the car, only without enter-animation.

GivingItAllUpInHere
  • GivingItAllUpInHere

GTA Coder

• Members

Posted 10 September 2005 - 11:00 PM

It will always have an animation, unless the timit limit passes where the actor will be put instantly into the car (no animation).

In this:

05CA: Make_actor $PLAYER_ACTOR enter_car $10999 in_passenger_seat 0 time_limit 5000 ms

the actor (CJ) will have 5 seconds to enter the car in the front passenger seat,after 5 seconds when he is still not in the car he is instantly placed into to the car,if you want to put him instantly into the rear left passenger seat use:

05CA: Make_actor $PLAYER_ACTOR enter_car $10999 in_passenger_seat 1 time_limit 0 ms

If you want the actor to take as long as he wants,use -1 in the time limit.

But I still need to know how did R* install car mods to cars... whatsthat.gif

I found a list of carmods the the GTA SA directory (carmods.dat) but I can only use them when I add them to the DEFINE list,which is using memory (i think) R* didn't add them to the define,anyone knows what they did?

ZAZ
  • ZAZ

Kernlochbohrer

• Feroci
  • European-Union

Posted 11 September 2005 - 12:58 AM

QUOTE (GivingItAllUpInHere @ Sep 10 2005, 23:00)
05CA: Make_actor $PLAYER_ACTOR enter_car $10999 in_passenger_seat 0 time_limit 5000 ms

Thanks for answer
Did You test it with $player actor ? I tried seat 0,1,2,3,4 and got the results which I described. And by the time param without $, I got a crash.

The car components ?
I have no experience with this stuff.
I know the "Transfender Fix"
and this great thread

GivingItAllUpInHere
  • GivingItAllUpInHere

GTA Coder

• Members

Posted 11 September 2005 - 01:11 AM

Sure,thx for that topic.Btw a car normally only have 3 passenger seats so you would mostly use seats 0 - 2 (In an ambulance seat 1 and 2 is at the back). I tested this with $PLAYER_ACTOR and it worked 100% At the $time parameter you don't have to have a $ (then you're using a variable there) It worked correctly by me by just using a normal value like 2500 or 10000 Just like the 0001: wait 2500 ms opcode

ZAZ
  • ZAZ

Kernlochbohrer

• Feroci
  • European-Union

Posted 11 September 2005 - 08:57 AM Edited by ZAZ, 11 September 2005 - 11:40 AM.

Sorry to me for the lax link blush.gif
I ment this topic

This works fine:
CODE
05CA: unknown_action_sequence $PLAYER_ACTOR @1 8000  2

The position of seat and time in Your typing is changed.
This works too:
CODE
05CA: Make_actor $PLAYER_ACTOR enter_car @1 in_passenger_seat 8000 time_limit 2 ms

spaceeinstein
  • spaceeinstein

巧克力

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 September 2005 - 02:43 PM

You have to download the latest Sascm.ini. Keep the old one if you want to do some modding unless you know what was changed.

ZAZ
  • ZAZ

Kernlochbohrer

• Feroci
  • European-Union

Posted 11 September 2005 - 03:02 PM

QUOTE (spaceeinstein @ Sep 11 2005, 14:43)
You have to download the latest Sascm.ini. Keep the old one if you want to do some modding unless you know what was changed.

Thanks for th tip cookie.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users