Photo

the texas chainsaw massacre

23 replies to this topic
Sly_Madman
  • Sly_Madman

Dripping with coolness.

• Members

Posted 08 September 2005 - 01:48 AM

People, please help me settle an ongoing dispute between me and my friend. My friend owns the 2004 movie and we've seen it a few times. He swears up and down that the movie is based on an actual event, which happened in the 70's. I think the only reason they put inspired by a true story on the case is because it was based on Ed Gein, and many people, like my friend, just thought there was an actual family of weird psychos that revolved around Letherface. We've seen all of the special features and everything, yet it's still his belief that Letherface was a true person. Does anyone have cold, hard fact that proves it one way or the other?

King of Liberty City
  • King of Liberty City

Rock On!

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 September 2005 - 01:55 AM

I believe this is the forum you are looking for...

ThaddeusMcKlown
  • ThaddeusMcKlown

Relentless Pursuit of Progress

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 08 September 2005 - 02:25 AM

It IS based around Ed Gein, the necrophiliac. He never killed anyone, but he did butcehr bodies and leave them strewn about his home. The rest was made up in good 'ol Hollywood. Great movie, IMO.
-TMcK-

E.A.B.
  • E.A.B.

Group: Leone Mafia Family

• Members

Posted 08 September 2005 - 02:47 AM

The Texas Chainsaw Massacre was the worst movie I ever saw in my f***ing life mad.gif ! It was filled with, what, ten hours of this girl running around, screaming her @ss of.

OK, so It wasn't that horrible, but I fell asleep during the movie dozingoff.gif . The ending was good though. One question, in the end of the movie, they show some old footage of a reporter and he gets killed by someone. Now, how did they get that piece of footage if the camera guy and the reporter got killed? Was it transmitted live over sattellite or something??? Or was it just made up.

Scarface187
  • Scarface187

Putting out the fire with gasoline.

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 08 September 2005 - 02:58 AM

QUOTE (E.A.B. @ Sep 8 2005, 02:47)
One question, in the end of the movie, they show some old footage of a reporter and he gets killed by someone. Now, how did they get that piece of footage if the camera guy and the reporter got killed? Was it transmitted live over sattellite or something??? Or was it just made up.

My f*cking god. Do people ever learn? confused.gif

Its fake!

On another note, lets move this.

E.A.B.
  • E.A.B.

Group: Leone Mafia Family

• Members

Posted 08 September 2005 - 03:07 AM Edited by E.A.B., 08 September 2005 - 03:09 AM.

QUOTE (Scarface187 @ Sep 8 2005, 02:58)
One question, in the end of the movie, they show some old footage of a reporter and he gets killed by someone. Now, how did they get that piece of footage if the camera guy and the reporter got killed? Was it transmitted live over sattellite or something??? Or was it just made up.

Its fake!

Aight, but that looked real. I mean really real. Really really really real. D@mn, the special effects are f***ing with me sneaky2.gif .

johnson.
  • johnson.

OGbobby

• The Precinct
  • Canada

Posted 08 September 2005 - 03:10 AM

QUOTE (E.A.B. @ Sep 7 2005, 22:07)
QUOTE (Scarface187 @ Sep 8 2005, 02:58)

Its fake!

Aight, but that looked real. I mean really real. Really really really real. D@mn, the special effects are f***ing with me sneaky2.gif .

Listen carfully to the narrorator at the end.

"The police officer was killed and the camera man fataly wounded"

Sly_Madman
  • Sly_Madman

Dripping with coolness.

• Members

Posted 08 September 2005 - 03:28 AM

the footage at the begining and end of the police officers suffering a brutal chainsaw lashing by letherface was most likely fake, i find it hard to believe that they could recover that footage. Also, my friend has the special edition photos, which have "crime photos". To me, it's all bullcrap, but it did make for a good movie.

Big Slow
  • Big Slow

<3 629

• The Connection

Posted 08 September 2005 - 05:12 AM

QUOTE (Sly_Madman @ Sep 7 2005, 23:28)
the footage at the begining and end of the police officers suffering a brutal chainsaw lashing by letherface was most likely fake, i find it hard to believe that they could recover that footage. Also, my friend has the special edition photos, which have "crime photos". To me, it's all bullcrap, but it did make for a good movie.

It was very fake. I mean, did they just disappear and the cops puss out and never go back? The whole thing is based off "true events" which really means "we took a cornucopia of events that were horrible and combined them into a movie". The Amityville Horror is the same way.

We're playing divorced guys.

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 08 September 2005 - 09:34 AM

QUOTE (Big Slow @ Sep 8 2005, 05:12)
It was very fake. I mean, did they just disappear and the cops puss out and never go back? The whole thing is based off "true events" which really means "we took a cornucopia of events that were horrible and combined them into a movie". The Amityville Horror is the same way.

That is so true. I thought the movie was pretty aweful, but that's just me. I don't like horror, they always seem like comedy to me.

Vin.
  • Vin.

RD loves me.

• The Connection

Posted 08 September 2005 - 01:55 PM

Did anyone else think the cop in the begining and last bit reporting looked like Tom Hanks?

/random

Tartey
  • Tartey

Hayemaker ™

• Members

Posted 08 September 2005 - 03:00 PM

Haven't seen it in a while, but the grandad and the hammer thing is all that i really remember tounge2.gif

--CellTech--
  • --CellTech--

As Real As It Gets

• Members

Posted 08 September 2005 - 04:43 PM

It is fake but is based on treu event's. Based on treu events doesn't mean that it all happend and is all treu. There was a crazy guy who took faces of bodies and put them on and had cut up bodies all over his house but it's not treu that these kids wounderd into his house and then he tried to kill them all and the cops were bad and the whole town was phycho, that was just made up to go along with the movie and make it interesting. Such as the movie wrong turn? think that really happend...

papanesta
  • papanesta

Cantankerous Chauffeur

• The Precinct

Posted 08 September 2005 - 07:01 PM

Why are you spelling "true", "treu"?

Just wondering.

Tartey
  • Tartey

Hayemaker ™

• Members

Posted 08 September 2005 - 07:41 PM

QUOTE (papanesta @ Sep 8 2005, 19:01)
Why are you spelling "true", "treu"?

Just wondering.

He's french? tounge2.gif

Parts of it being true are creepy. But like others have said, he didn't kill any teenagers and he didn't have brothers and a rotting grandad that live with him. He just 'mutilated' dead bodies.

gta_king
  • gta_king

JCM

• Members

Posted 08 September 2005 - 09:42 PM

QUOTE (Big Slow @ Sep 8 2005, 06:12)
the footage at the begining and end of the police officers suffering a brutal chainsaw lashing by letherface was most likely fake, i find it hard to believe that they could recover that footage.  Also, my friend has the special edition photos, which have "crime photos".  To me, it's all bullcrap, but it did make for a good movie.

Actually the Amityville story was completely made up, the family admitted to making the entire thing up.

Anyway as far as the Texas Chainsaw story goes. Look here

Lazlowrocks.
  • Lazlowrocks.

Warriors, come out to play!

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 September 2005 - 11:45 PM

Where's the wheelchair guy (I think his name was Frank or something) in the 2004 one? tounge.gif

Scarface187
  • Scarface187

Putting out the fire with gasoline.

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 09 September 2005 - 12:38 AM

QUOTE (Lazlowrocks @ Sep 8 2005, 23:45)
Where's the wheelchair guy (I think his name was Frank or something) in the 2004 one? tounge.gif

Replaced by some Orlando Bloom look-a-like.

Metall-Head
  • Metall-Head

WHAAAAW WHAW WHAAAAW WHAW

• Members

Posted 09 September 2005 - 04:34 AM

barely any movies that are said to be based on true stories actually are, like that exorcism of emily rose movie coming out, my ass some chick got posessed by demons, no one has cold hard evidence of the texas chainsaw massacre ever happening but I doubt it happened

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 09 September 2005 - 04:55 AM

QUOTE (Lazlowrocks @ Sep 8 2005, 23:45)

That was Frank the Tank, you can see his glorious return in the movie "Old School". Go see it.

Big Slow
  • Big Slow

<3 629

• The Connection

Posted 09 September 2005 - 06:07 AM

QUOTE (gta_king @ Sep 8 2005, 17:42)
QUOTE (Big Slow @ Sep 8 2005, 06:12)
the footage at the begining and end of the police officers suffering a brutal chainsaw lashing by letherface was most likely fake, i find it hard to believe that they could recover that footage.  Also, my friend has the special edition photos, which have "crime photos".  To me, it's all bullcrap, but it did make for a good movie.

Actually the Amityville story was completely made up, the family admitted to making the entire thing up.

Anyway as far as the Texas Chainsaw story goes. Look here

Yea I remember that. I was just saying it was a similar circmstance with the "true story/event" comments.

Rayo Puño
  • Rayo Puño

• Members

Posted 12 September 2005 - 12:57 PM

I bought the new one, and I love it. If you knew anything, you would know Ed Gein did kill someone, shot him/her in the back of the head in a store with a rifle. He also dug up corpses, yes. One of those stories where the mother is so overprotective of him, she dies, and he goes insane.

Tetsuo2501
  • Tetsuo2501

TV Casualty

• The Connection
  • Unknown

Posted 13 September 2005 - 06:01 AM

QUOTE (ThaddeusMcKlown @ Sep 7 2005, 20:25)
It IS based around Ed Gein, the necrophiliac. He never killed anyone, but he did butcehr bodies and leave them strewn about his home. The rest was made up in good 'ol Hollywood. Great movie, IMO.
-TMcK-

you're wrong, i know for a fact he shot a lady in the head with a .22

i'm not so sure if he killed anyone else, im pretty sure there was one more person.

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 13 September 2005 - 06:19 AM

QUOTE (Tetsuo2501 @ Sep 13 2005, 06:01)
QUOTE (ThaddeusMcKlown @ Sep 7 2005, 20:25)
-TMcK-

you're wrong, i know for a fact he shot a lady in the head with a .22

i'm not so sure if he killed anyone else, im pretty sure there was one more person.

Thank you wikipedia, I love you too.
Those too lazy to click a link, the first sentence reads:
"Edward Theodore Gein (August 27, 1906 – July 26, 1984), was one of the most notorious serial killers in United States history. Although he may have committed only two murders, the particularly bizarre and morbid nature of his crimes shocked the world."

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users