Photo

Havanah outfit...

20 replies to this topic
BOOM!
  • BOOM!

Rock Is Dead

• Members

Posted 06 September 2005 - 10:25 PM

I've found the shop where it is located, yet when I enter the door I seem to hit an invisible wall in front of the Havanah outfit...any ideas?

simps
  • simps

I'm a twat.

• Members

Posted 06 September 2005 - 10:28 PM

It's a glitch. Not sure if there's a fix for it. Maybe try searching around?

pajaronico
  • pajaronico

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 September 2005 - 11:01 PM

it happened the same to me

Jehde
  • Jehde

Stunter

• Members

Posted 06 September 2005 - 11:12 PM

QUOTE (simps @ Sep 6 2005, 22:28)
It's a glitch. Not sure if there's a fix for it. Maybe try searching around?

WRONG!! its a bug >_>

a glitch is something that happens once, a bug is something wrong with the game

BOOM!
  • BOOM!

Rock Is Dead

• Members

Posted 07 September 2005 - 12:00 AM

...So, what you're saying is that I can't get the Havanah outfit?

Spuds725
  • Spuds725

Party Animal

• United-States
  • Contribution Award [GTAF]

Posted 07 September 2005 - 02:30 PM

You can, just might take a few attempts

Read #4 in this post

I seem to remember reading an actual fix patch for the PC version

Aviator79
  • Aviator79

Rat

• Members

Posted 07 September 2005 - 09:31 PM

Of course this is too late for your particular game, but if you want to avoid it happening again, you should finish the mission where you get access to the cop uniform inside the police station before you do the cuban mission. This way the cuban outfit will be placed correctly and you can get to it normally.

DenSho
  • DenSho

Shadow of the Bat!

• Members

Posted 08 September 2005 - 11:55 AM

http://www.planetgra...gtavc/miscmods/
Dunno if you have to start all over, or you can use it with your current game.

Spuds725
  • Spuds725

Party Animal

• United-States

Posted 08 September 2005 - 12:46 PM Edited by Spuds725, 08 September 2005 - 01:07 PM.

QUOTE (Aviator79 @ Sep 7 2005, 16:31)
Of course this is too late for your particular game, but if you want to avoid it happening again, you should finish the mission where you get access to the cop uniform inside the police station before you do the cuban mission. This way the cuban outfit will be placed correctly and you can get to it normally.

I'm not doubting it works, but does anyone know how/why the two would be related?????

The mission you are referring to is "copland".

Thanks for posting that link Den Sho-- gonna add it to the PC version buglist as a fix.

Added your solution too aviator-- I think I read that before but I don't know for sure-- I'm going to write that it is unverified by me-- if anyone else can support this fix from aviator, please let me know.

I credited you two with posting the links in the buglist-- you may have not been the first to post them here but I'm not going to search through old posts to find them.

Thanks...

Spuds

Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 September 2005 - 01:53 PM Edited by Demarest, 08 September 2005 - 03:40 PM.

QUOTE (Aviator79 @ Sep 7 2005, 17:31)

When I read this, I though "no way could that be true". So I peeked into the code to verify it. Though it's not at all how he stated, there IS a difference. Believe it or not, it's just a matter of coordinates.

Here's how it really goes: The end of Two Bit Hit creates the pickup in the good place. Missions that require you to be wearing certain outfits will destroy all clothes pickups and recreate them as needed after the mission. Both Cop Land and No Escape? are programmed to recreate the Cuban outfit in the bad place. I will be updating Time Vault to only spawn it in the good place, checking Timetwister to make sure it spaws in the good place, and making a code fix for those that already have it. I can't speak to the mod linked (because the 2nd link is dead), but I'm guessing it is a collision adjustment of some type. Savegame compatibility is fairly new and something editing the collisions would require a person to know about modding whereas a code fix is a simple file swap to enable it. Check back soon.

[EDIT]
I had posted it backwards. Fixed now. Timetwister updated. Time Vault didn't need to be. It doesn't recreate the pickups because it doesn't destroy them since you're not actually playing any missions with it. Code fix coming shortly...

[EDIT2]
Code fix has been release. Topic here. I also made a preventer to stop it from happening in the first place if it hasn't already. And yes, using the fixer to cure it and then the preventer afterwards will stop it from happening again smile.gif

Spuds725
  • Spuds725

Party Animal

• United-States

Posted 08 September 2005 - 04:12 PM

Thanks Dem--

I'll fix the buglist solution for this-- PM me if you think I should edit it for clarity.

Spuds

Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 September 2005 - 06:01 PM

Looks great. Glad I was able to shed some light on it. Who says a guy heavily into code AND gameplay is useless? colgate.gif

BOOM!
  • BOOM!

Rock Is Dead

• Members

Posted 09 September 2005 - 12:02 AM

I'm playing the PS2 version, so I guess there's really no getting to it without starting over...thanks anyways, though. colgate.gif Atleast now I know what's wrong and can prevent it on any future save files.

Spuds725
  • Spuds725

Party Animal

• United-States

Posted 09 September 2005 - 02:56 AM

You can get it-- read the bug list-- just might take a few tries and a lucky jump..

Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 09 September 2005 - 03:51 AM

Well at least now if you play it again, you'll know to hold off on Two Bit Hit until AFTER you've completed both Cop Land and No Escape?

GritSandWiches4Breakfest
  • GritSandWiches4Breakfest

Pimp oF The natioN

• Members

Posted 10 September 2005 - 04:16 PM

Its a well known glitch for the PS2.

Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 11 September 2005 - 03:13 AM

It's not a glitch at all. It doesn't even technically qualify for bug status. It was just inaccurate programming. But we've solved the dilemny and now know what order of doing things does it and which doesn't smile.gif

pwpdbmx2x
  • pwpdbmx2x

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 September 2005 - 08:35 PM

is this a suit that u guys are talking about, and if it is can someone post a picture? rahkstar2.gif

Spuds725
  • Spuds725

Party Animal

• United-States

Posted 20 September 2005 - 09:08 PM

yes

&

user posted image

Neil Koch
  • Neil Koch

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 21 September 2005 - 04:23 AM

Just a little FYI... this glitch/bug (whatever you want to call it) didn't come up when I recently played through the Xbox version (I did Avery's missions before "Cop Land").

Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 September 2005 - 04:28 AM

Well in all fairness, this error in the game received widespread exposure. R* no doubt fixed it. You'd probably find the double pack for PS2 equally fixed I'd expect.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users