34 replies to this topic
cheekytrolly
  • cheekytrolly

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 September 2005 - 08:53 AM

The Discovery of St Andrews Pass, 5th September 2005
user posted image

Since completing all the missions a months ago, I have been exploring every nook and cranny throughout the San Andreas county and I happened to come across an new unmarked “secret” track above the cloud line on Mount Chiliad. It is a series of loosely marked gravel pathways leading in a north, north west direction though some deep canyons and along sharp cliff edges. I think it must be a hidden route made by Rockstar waiting for someone like me to find it, and indeed I have. I searched google trying to find out if anyone else had found this secret passage before me but I found no results. Therefore, until someone can prove me wrong I claim myself to be the discoverer of this new area and (as my name is Andrew), I will name this route ‘St Andrews Pass’ after my namesake, Saint Andrew of Scotland!

user posted image
Above is a rough map which I have made myself (as it isn't on any of the offical maps) and marked it with numbers which are linked to the screenshots below. The thick red line is the track itself and thin bluelines are cliff edges.

1: An airel view of the trial:
user posted image

2: The hidden entrance way
user posted image

3: Half way down the first crater pathway
user posted image

4: The first big corner (carefull not to go too fast here)
user posted image

5: The second big corner with view of the rest of the hidden trial
user posted image

6: The final bend, with a long straigh, great for 4x4's
oh crap, i accidently deleted this screenshot- sorry sarcasm.gif

To access this trail, you must make your way up the main trial on Mount Chiliad (starting from Angel Pine) and where the track splits in two, you must take left hand fork and continue past the FBI hut (which you see in Badlands Mission 1) before climbing up past the cloud line. You will pass three large bends before you seen a large green square on the radar. When you are on the track adjacent to this area, look to your left to see a ditch, which looks like it is disappearing off the edge of the mountain. Follow it, and drive over the ridge which leads you down a steep gravel canyon, this is the start of the track. (You might want to go slowly on your first trip down to avoid falling of the steep cliff edges by accident)

NOTE: The areas I have marked in green in the map above are the steepest parts of the pass. They are steeper 45 degrees but are manageable to clear with minamable skill required.

The track comes to no real conclusion, it just stops near the waters edge where you can go swimming, I guess. wink.gif

Please leave your notes and comments here, let me know if you have been thier before or if I was the first person to tell you about it, also feel free to add your own screenshots from 'St Andrews Pass' here!

Thanks- Andrew Underwood

cheekytrolly
  • cheekytrolly

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 September 2005 - 09:00 AM

Oh yeah, I have said this before in the modding forum btu I got no response- please could some modder out there build me a the following three cars for San Andreas (PC)

2005 Range Rover Sport
2005 Land Rover Discovery
1992 Seat Ibiza

There are more infro and pictures here:
http://www.gtaforums...0

Thanks- Andrew

Opius
  • Opius

General

• Feroci Racing

Posted 05 September 2005 - 09:08 AM

You've never done any of the Chilliad races, have you?

*MURDOC*
  • *MURDOC*

Relevant jorts intensify.

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 05 September 2005 - 10:10 AM

LOL!

I never really thought of that twisty passage as a "secret", since its in plain sight.
But hey at least your the first person to make a topic about it, good for you!
Now maybe if it were a tunnel that was very very hard to find,
then it could be classified as a secret.

P.S. trying to get a tractor-trailer up that sumbitch is hard!

Sweets
  • Sweets

Pяopagaиda Iиc.

• Feroci Racing
  • Unknown

Posted 05 September 2005 - 10:41 AM

On the one hand, it's nice that you put all this work in to take the pics and outline
the route on the map.

On the other hand I'd hardly call this a "new area" since anyone who never saw the
mountain before is a moron.

Comments:
"minamable" - Not a word.
"summet" - Not a word.

In other news, I just found a new secret hidden area in the game also. It's a city
that seems to closely resemble Las Vegas. Since I discovered it, I get to name it. It
shall henceforth be known as SWEETSAPRIKLAND.

No? Meh, worth a shot.

trains
  • trains

Thug

• Members

Posted 05 September 2005 - 03:10 PM

Get in a tractor trailer up mount chilliad is easey for me and i did it on every trail. exept the secret one

mr.easy
  • mr.easy

Thug

• Members

Posted 05 September 2005 - 03:21 PM

You Use this track to do of the Chilliad races.

Carrotfoot
  • Carrotfoot

Thug

• Members

Posted 05 September 2005 - 04:53 PM

Just because it's not on the map, doesn't mean no ones found it. Hell, there's a little dirt road leading to a farm in the country not on the map, but i'm not bragging about it.

muppetmaster
  • muppetmaster

Complete Disaster™

• Members

Posted 05 September 2005 - 04:58 PM

I claim Los Santos in the name of Zod!

thisguy13
  • thisguy13

im a freshmen now

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 September 2005 - 06:15 PM

this topic makes me tickle biggrin.gif

*MURDOC*
  • *MURDOC*

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 05 September 2005 - 08:40 PM

Get in a tractor trailer up mount chilliad is easey for me and i did it on every trail. exept the secret one

Thats what i meant when i said getting it up there is hard, by there i meant that twisty trail.
Try it, its fun!

RvdVit
  • RvdVit

Most sexy post located to the right. --->

• Members

Posted 05 September 2005 - 08:47 PM

QUOTE (Opius @ Sep 5 2005, 09:08)

WTF? There's more than one??

Sweets
  • Sweets

Pяopagaиda Iиc.

• Feroci Racing
  • Unknown

Posted 05 September 2005 - 08:49 PM

Yeah, there are three.

viniciusdcs
  • viniciusdcs

GTAPortable.com

• Members

Posted 05 September 2005 - 09:51 PM

hehehehe St Andrews Pass hahahah

RvdVit
  • RvdVit

Most sexy post located to the right. --->

• Members

Posted 05 September 2005 - 09:56 PM

oh, oh.

I was the original person who found the cave on the beach. I name it "The Cave Of Vit"

BTW, where are the other two races (Excluding the Chilliad Challange on top of mountain)

San andreas master
  • San andreas master

.:%$Catonic$%:.

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 September 2005 - 10:00 PM

What cave on the beach?- ѕ.а.м

Sweets
  • Sweets

Pяopagaиda Iиc.

• Feroci Racing
  • Unknown

Posted 06 September 2005 - 04:07 AM

QUOTE (RvdVit @ Sep 5 2005, 17:56)
oh, oh.

I was the original person who found the cave on the beach. I name it "The Cave Of Vit"

BTW, where are the other two races (Excluding the Chilliad Challange on top of mountain)

They are all on top of the mountain.

In each one you get on the mountain bike at the top of Mt. Chiliad. (I think it has to be between between 7:00 and 18:00, and I think you must have 40% or better in cycling skill.)

Finish the first route called "Scotch Bonnet Yellow Route" then the next time you get on it will start the second route called "Birdseye Winder Yellow Route" once that is finished you can start the final route called "Cobra Run" and that last one is a tremendous pain in the balls.

@SAM
I think he means the one that has this police bribe in it, but I'm not sure.
Assuming that he's talking about that one, then the entrance is here.
user posted image

cheekytrolly
  • cheekytrolly

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 September 2005 - 04:09 AM

LOL- yer i know ppl have seen it before but, het, no one put has even mentioned it online- so why not claim to be the discoverer of it! LOL. I think we should open up a new topic for people claiming areas as there own and naming them. sly.gif

XhevDeti
  • XhevDeti

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 06 September 2005 - 01:12 PM

QUOTE (SWEETSAPRIK @ Sep 6 2005, 04:07)
QUOTE (RvdVit @ Sep 5 2005, 17:56)
[color=lightblue]oh, oh.

They are all on top of the mountain.

In each one you get on the mountain bike at the top of Mt. Chiliad. (I think it has to be between between 7:00 and 18:00, and I think you must have 40% or better in cycling skill.)

Finish the first route called "Scotch Bonnet Yellow Route" then the next time you get on it will start the second route called "Birdseye Winder Yellow Route" once that is finished you can start the final route called "Cobra Run" and that last one is a tremendous pain in the balls.

the second one killed -- the first one was easy but i disagree to the fullest the last one was really really easy-- it gone done on the second try -- By The Way------ any one ever here an explosions on the third race the first two times i tried it i zoomed passed them and maybe herd one of there bikes explode or something ---- notify.gif could be a plane or a car though====

spuckigel
  • spuckigel

Master of Leisure

• Members

Posted 06 September 2005 - 03:16 PM

ok, you made the claim for that "secret track", thats ok for me, because you were the first one that came along with this "special" idea :-)

when i was doing the chiliad races (the first two, since the starting point of the last one is not on top of chiliad (only the trigger point)), i used to park the camper vans (the journey and the camper) on the downleading track in such a way, that the other bikers would crash into it and then slide along the rock formation on the "secret track" until they would fall down. made the race easier for me... :-) strangely enough, after about half of the track beaten, they would be close to me again, i think the game at some point respawns them. once i watched them crawling alongside the rocks on the secret track for about twenty minutes, nothing happend, they couldnt make it back to the original race track. so, i think, the games cheats a little bit after a while, when you are not looking. funny thing that.

i got the idea when i travelled the mountain up agin aftzer a lost race, with a truck, somehow i had the police on my tracks, my truck blew up at this special place where the secret track starts. i ran away, jumped on the mountain bike and after the first curve i saw all the other idiots bshing against the skeleton of the truck (ok, me included cause i didnt think that the truck would be still there). aftzer that i optimised the trap and won all the races...

MI7
  • MI7

NYCC

• The Connection

Posted 06 September 2005 - 03:21 PM

Well I was playing the other day and discovered THIS:

user posted image

I call it "The Bridge of Khazad-Dum" tounge.gif .

flamemaster
  • flamemaster

Gta:SA

• Members

Posted 06 September 2005 - 04:54 PM

I guess you dont do chillad challenge race's? i have known about the track for along time. Its nice you made pics and all but do more research and dont name it, thats taking it too far. I might go hunting for new unfound lands of san andreas, cj the explorer alien.gif

PyroHazard
  • PyroHazard

I AM THE DANGER!

• Members

Posted 07 September 2005 - 06:07 AM

Damn, I didn't realize the texturing for Mt. Chilliad is disgustingly ugly. cry.gif

*MURDOC*
  • *MURDOC*

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 07 September 2005 - 05:52 PM

Damn, I didn't realize the texturing for Mt. Chilliad is disgustingly ugly.

Like spandex on a fat guy.

DaKa
  • DaKa

One with the Force (I always use the PS2 for image posting)

• Members

Posted 08 September 2005 - 08:45 AM

Check out my Robocop CJ
http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=214678
Thanks

Dome Piece
  • Dome Piece

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 09 September 2005 - 08:36 AM

QUOTE (DaKa @ Sep 8 2005, 08:45)
Check out my Robocop CJ
http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=214678
Thanks

Thats a No, No.

If you already have a topic, leave it in there. Doing what you are doing is gonna get your ass banned. wink.gif
- Dome Piece

DaKa
  • DaKa

One with the Force (I always use the PS2 for image posting)

• Members

Posted 09 September 2005 - 09:47 AM

Whoops soz no one told me bout that
-------------------------------------------

southsideryder
  • southsideryder

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 10 September 2005 - 02:22 PM

You are so cool. die.gif

GritSandWiches4Breakfest
  • GritSandWiches4Breakfest

Pimp oF The natioN

• Members

Posted 10 September 2005 - 03:04 PM

You use this in one of the 3 races! sarcasm.gif

woozie92
  • woozie92

Welcome to Vice City. Welcome to the 1980s.

• Members

Posted 10 September 2005 - 06:45 PM

I have been there many times and i never tought it was a secret area, and it wasnt!!
Theres a part of the road that doesnt matches with the line on the map, so i think R* wanted the mountain to look like a ghost.

I will keep my eyes well open to have a area with my name tounge2.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users