Photo

[REL|MYRIAD|ASI] Myriad Studios!

10 replies to this topic
ceedj
  • ceedj

PEDS Creator

• Feroci Racing

Posted 01 September 2005 - 07:01 PM

NOTE: I talked with illspirit, and he said this topic was cool. Cool? Cool. biggrin.gif

Here it is, the ULTIMATE GTA: Myriad Islands machinima filiming tool, from the GTA Studios Suite. It's Myriad Studios!

In case you're not familiar with GTA Studios, this project started as a ped/car creation and animation mod for filming in GTA: Vice City, called Vice Studios. The project was mostly for my own purposes (i.e., for filming my PEDS internet show), but as the mod got better, I felt it would be good for ANYONE to able to film in the GTA universe without replacing ANY game files. Extra special huggly wuggly thanks to Spookie, who came up with the fantastic SCMMod (which can be found stickied in Editing Discussion/Mission Coding) that the GTA Suite is based on. Hey, if Rockstar can recycle their engines, why shouldn't I? lol.gif

Anyway, here's the file(s):

Myriad Studios v1.0 (Updated 09/01/05)

Take a look at the README, GAMEKEYS, and the QUICKSTART guide.

To install, as with the other GTA Studios mods, just drop the MyriadStudios.asi file into your GTA: Myriad Islands directory. ALWAYS start a NEW game. Here's some features:

- Coding done entirely in C++, based on Spookie's Vice City SCMMod, resulting in a MUCH faster response time for animations as compared to using a modified game file. This also greatly expands the scope of keys able to be programmed while eliminating the need to replace any in-game files.
- Creation and animation of peds in groups of 1, 2, 3 and 4, allowing up to 10 peds that are controllable at once. With recently added "Special Actors" code, there are now over 150 ped choices available to animate.
- Creation of 2 vehicles, to be used by the player or peds, with controls to have peds enter the car, drive, chase and exit the car, without destroying the actors.
- Time controls for controlling and freezing the clock during filming.
- Weather controls for controlling the weather during filming.
- Exclusive Vice Studios (VS) Text Helper, showing text descriptions of creation and enviornmental results.
- NEW! Added ped/car creation check to avoid crashes when animation a ped/car that has not been created. This should bring possible crashes down to near zero.
- NEW! Player Skin select, giving you access to 73 Special Actor Skins to use on your player. Also, included custom "player3.txd" lets you have an "invisible" skin to use for filming.

Myriad Specific:

This version of the mod is setup and programmed for the BASE INSTALL that came with the Rel 0.3 installer. Other lots will probably work with this, as long as ALL of the base lots are installed too. I will do ped/car/gang/forbidden zone updates as I can, but these will ONLY be for the lots that are added to the official installer.

I still need to finish the custom object setup (started, but I have some filming to do) and some other minor addtions (elevators), but I should have some time this weekend. Thanks to illspirit, Barton, GT-1 and all the great modders for this project.

Anyway, have fun, and let's see some movies! rah.gif

Knife
  • Knife

Tits.

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 02 September 2005 - 09:23 AM Edited by Knife, 02 September 2005 - 09:35 AM.

Oooh, i'll have a look at this. This would be useful for a new strtup movie I guess. Nice work!

And now your biggest fan will write you a message...

Vercetti Gangsta
  • Vercetti Gangsta

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 02 September 2005 - 09:31 AM Edited by Vercetti Gangsta, 02 September 2005 - 09:46 AM.

FFS! ph34r.gif Brilliant work! I am in love with it inlove.gif
It's very well done. Give this man a karma! (Again)
Edit: Knife you wankgina, stfu. ph34r.gif Just kidding tounge.gif

ceedj
  • ceedj

PEDS Creator

• Feroci Racing

Posted 04 September 2005 - 06:22 PM

Thanks for the comments guys! Glad someone can use this.

Meantime, there is another, non-PEDS video up at the site; it's PEDS related only in that it uses the same engine.

Anyway, it's a "music-video" styled film, set to the tune of Les Miserables' "One Day More", filmed in Myriad Islands. This is my favorite song from that show, so I hope you'll like it too. You can grab it from the Lo Res section of the PEDS website. Thanks to illspirit and the rest of the Myriad crew for giving me a NEW location to film in, and of course the writers of Les Miserables, from creating the best Broadway show in the world. In case your wondering, this version comes from the 3 Disc set "The Completle Symphonic Recording". I'm fairly sure that's it's now out of print; however, e-bay should be able to help you out there.

Hope you like our little "artsy-fartsy" production here. I know I do.

mickarrow
  • mickarrow

---

• Members

Posted 04 September 2005 - 07:39 PM

I've just seen the Lo-Res from the music video. It's AMAZING.
I'm really impressed and would like to see more vids like that, that take place in Myriad. I'm quite busy myself, but I'm sure people are playing around with Myriad Studios as we speak.
colgate.gif great work

Redkiller
  • Redkiller

German Pride

• Members

Posted 04 September 2005 - 10:40 PM

Nice job man. biggrin.gif Those are some great videos.

Vercetti Gangsta
  • Vercetti Gangsta

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 05 September 2005 - 06:27 AM

Uhhhh, the new video is lovely. smile.gif Well done again!

Knife
  • Knife

Tits.

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 05 September 2005 - 08:42 AM

Wow, that was amazing! I hope you do another video in myriad like that. cookie.gif cookie.gif cookie.gif

Jam!
  • Jam!

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 05 September 2005 - 10:56 AM

Awesome vid!! That should be the new intro vid for Myriad. colgate.gif Great work!

Paeron
  • Paeron

Hobo

• Members

Posted 06 September 2005 - 11:21 PM

Boy! That was a very cool production! I would be nice to have it as the into but I think its a bit to long... But if someone should make an intro, it should be you! cookie.gif cookie.gif cookie.gif rah.gif

Michael_J_Scofield
  • Michael_J_Scofield

Peon

• Members

Posted 10 August 2010 - 02:55 PM Edited by Michael_J_Scofield, 11 August 2010 - 09:42 PM.

Here's the new downloadlink for Myriad Studios :

http://www.pawfectme...dStudios1_0.zip

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users