Here it is, the ULTIMATE GTA: Myriad Islands machinima filiming tool, from the GTA Studios Suite. It's Myriad Studios!
In case you're not familiar with GTA Studios, this project started as a ped/car creation and animation mod for filming in GTA: Vice City, called Vice Studios. The project was mostly for my own purposes (i.e., for filming my PEDS internet show), but as the mod got better, I felt it would be good for ANYONE to able to film in the GTA universe without replacing ANY game files. Extra special huggly wuggly thanks to Spookie, who came up with the fantastic SCMMod (which can be found stickied in Editing Discussion/Mission Coding) that the GTA Suite is based on. Hey, if Rockstar can recycle their engines, why shouldn't I?
Anyway, here's the file(s):
Myriad Studios v1.0 (Updated 09/01/05)
Take a look at the README, GAMEKEYS, and the QUICKSTART guide.
To install, as with the other GTA Studios mods, just drop the MyriadStudios.asi file into your GTA: Myriad Islands directory. ALWAYS start a NEW game. Here's some features:
- Coding done entirely in C++, based on Spookie's Vice City SCMMod, resulting in a MUCH faster response time for animations as compared to using a modified game file. This also greatly expands the scope of keys able to be programmed while eliminating the need to replace any in-game files.
- Creation and animation of peds in groups of 1, 2, 3 and 4, allowing up to 10 peds that are controllable at once. With recently added "Special Actors" code, there are now over 150 ped choices available to animate.
- Creation of 2 vehicles, to be used by the player or peds, with controls to have peds enter the car, drive, chase and exit the car, without destroying the actors.
- Time controls for controlling and freezing the clock during filming.
- Weather controls for controlling the weather during filming.
- Exclusive Vice Studios (VS) Text Helper, showing text descriptions of creation and enviornmental results.
- NEW! Added ped/car creation check to avoid crashes when animation a ped/car that has not been created. This should bring possible crashes down to near zero.
- NEW! Player Skin select, giving you access to 73 Special Actor Skins to use on your player. Also, included custom "player3.txd" lets you have an "invisible" skin to use for filming.
This version of the mod is setup and programmed for the BASE INSTALL that came with the Rel 0.3 installer. Other lots will probably work with this, as long as ALL of the base lots are installed too. I will do ped/car/gang/forbidden zone updates as I can, but these will ONLY be for the lots that are added to the official installer.
I still need to finish the custom object setup (started, but I have some filming to do) and some other minor addtions (elevators), but I should have some time this weekend. Thanks to illspirit, Barton, GT-1 and all the great modders for this project.
Anyway, have fun, and let's see some movies!