• This topic is locked This topic is locked
98 replies to this topic
Otter
  • Otter

sea dwelling madman

• The Connection
  • Canada

Posted 25 August 2005 - 06:52 PM

QUOTE (SloStenRacing @ Aug 25 2005, 10:48)
QUOTE (Otter @ Aug 25 2005, 13:27)
Now Cerb has 5 stars?

HAS THE WORLD BEEN TOSSED ON 'ER HEAD?

Did you not read the post 5 above yours? It was explained as to why he got 5 stars. sigh.gif

Whining about Karma whether it was deserved or not is retarded. It means nothing. If you are as good a modder as you say your name is known and that is all that should matter not whether you have those flashy yellow things under your name.

And God, the voice of infinite morality, has spoken.

Go about your trivial tasks, everyone.

Sir Million Knives
  • Sir Million Knives

• Members

Posted 25 August 2005 - 07:09 PM

user posted image

Tsuroki
  • Tsuroki

Your friendly neighbourhood retired admin.

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 25 August 2005 - 07:13 PM

QUOTE (Daggdave @ Aug 25 2005, 14:51)
Karma should be outlawed these days. All everyone does is complain about it. Its so widely abused now that it means nothing.

You're just angry that you don't have any. wow.gif

Daggdave
  • Daggdave

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 25 August 2005 - 07:14 PM

Naw thats not it, it just doesnt seem like a prize anymore

StormyWeathers
  • StormyWeathers

The Mortal Man

• Members

Posted 25 August 2005 - 07:14 PM

Just a simple question... A tiny bit offtopic...

How do you deserve stars in tha first place? By posting a lot or serving the community by handing over some thrilling mods? Or by helping someone with probs? I'm curious...

After this post i'll get to see how many stars i'm worth...

Greetings

SloStenRacing
  • SloStenRacing

Crawlin' S-10

• Members

Posted 25 August 2005 - 07:15 PM

QUOTE (Otter @ Aug 25 2005, 13:52)
QUOTE (SloStenRacing @ Aug 25 2005, 10:48)
QUOTE (Otter @ Aug 25 2005, 13:27)
Now Cerb has 5 stars?

Did you not read the post 5 above yours? It was explained as to why he got 5 stars. sigh.gif

Whining about Karma whether it was deserved or not is retarded. It means nothing. If you are as good a modder as you say your name is known and that is all that should matter not whether you have those flashy yellow things under your name.

And God, the voice of infinite morality, has spoken.

Go about your trivial tasks, everyone.

If it is that big of a deal to the guy and he thinks that his contributions to the modding community warrant 5 stars then he can have the one I got for turning myself around, being a generally helpful member and sending in helpful reports.

No seriously. I saw no reason to beg for the one I got but I got it anyway. If he wants to beg for two he lost back then he can have mine. 50% of the problem solved.

Daggdave
  • Daggdave

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 25 August 2005 - 07:16 PM

QUOTE (SloStenRacing @ Aug 25 2005, 15:15)
No seriously. I saw no reason to beg for the one I got but I got it anyway. If he wants to beg for two he lost back then he can have mine. 50% of the problem solved.

Its been attempted. SIP YEK NOD wanted to give me one of his, but Wheelman said its not allowed tounge.gif

Barguast
  • Barguast

Thy next foe is...

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 25 August 2005 - 07:33 PM

QUOTE (anuj @ Aug 25 2005, 19:34)
QUOTE (Otter @ Aug 25 2005, 12:27)
Now Cerb has 5 stars?

I had five stars not a week ago. I got one taken away for saying 'f*ck liverpool'. So that tells you that five karma stars and about $2.00 will get you three taquitos at a 7-11.

Since the topic has already derailed and fell into the river, I might as well respond to this...

You weren't warned for posting 'f*ck liverpool' and you know that full well. You were warned for a completely unnecessary and unprovoked attack on someone as I clearly explained to you before.

... Carry on...

anuj
  • anuj

iconic

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 25 August 2005 - 07:38 PM Edited by anuj, 25 August 2005 - 07:44 PM.

QUOTE (Barguast @ Aug 25 2005, 13:33)
QUOTE (anuj @ Aug 25 2005, 19:34)
QUOTE (Otter @ Aug 25 2005, 12:27)
Now Cerb has 5 stars?

I had five stars not a week ago. I got one taken away for saying 'f*ck liverpool'. So that tells you that five karma stars and about $2.00 will get you three taquitos at a 7-11.

Since the topic has already derailed and fell into the river, I might as well respond to this...

You weren't warned for posting 'f*ck liverpool' and you know that full well. You were warned for a completely unnecessary and unprovoked attack on someone as I clearly explained to you before.

... Carry on...

I didn't complain about it, did I boopsie? I know exactly what I was warned for, and if I gave two f*cks about it I would've made a similar topic, right?

In case that sounds combative: You were right to take away that star. wink.gif

edit - Hey Liam - BWAHAHAHA

MyMothersMySister
  • MyMothersMySister

Unkle Dysfunktional

• Cyclop 9
  • None

Posted 25 August 2005 - 07:42 PM

Every post from now on should bear relevance to the topic at hand. Otherwise there will be some patented 'MmMs Temp Bannage!'

For the uneducated. I ban you and shut my eyes when typing in how many days or hours.

SWEETSAPRIK
  • SWEETSAPRIK

Pяopagaиda Iиc.

• Feroci
  • Unknown
  • Best Tits 2016
    Sourest Member

Posted 25 August 2005 - 07:49 PM

If you want to be impotant, you got to act impotant.
Someone stole my f*cking r's.

user posted image

SWEETS reads MMMS's post and starts to fervently type on topic.

Having heard most of the rumors floating around about your banning, I can't help but find you titling a topic "Mod abuse" a bit ironic, but that's not the subject. I like ashdexx, and I hate cerbera, but still, that's not the subject either.

The only things in question are:
A. Were your posts off topic?
B. Did the punishment fit the crime?

In answer to the first question, yes, your posts were off topic. (At least the ones that I can still see are.) To argue over the pros and cons of a patch in a topic where said patch is either not allowed, or a prerequisite, is off topic. It would be like if there was a topic entitled "What's your favorite gun, and post a pic." and someone came in and posted about triggerlocks and gun control laws. In the real world the topics might be related, but in a thread it's obviously someone trying to sh!t all over the intended subject. Had you posted about the benefits or drawbacks of the patch one time, it might not have been a big deal. Continuing to post about it was just off topic spam.

As for the second question, I don't know. The punishments are whatever the staff decides they are. Since you yourself were once a staff member, I assume you knew that.

You probably also knew that topics like this are never fruitful, and they always bite the starter in the ass. That brings a question to my mind. Why did you make this topic? If you thought you had actually been wronged wouldn't you be best served by PMing someone? Situations like this are always better worked out in private. It seems to me like this was just about stirring some sh!t, under the guise of "informing the masses of mod abuse."

Tsuroki
  • Tsuroki

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 25 August 2005 - 07:51 PM

QUOTE (MyMothersMySister @ Aug 25 2005, 15:42)
Every post from now on should bear relevance to the topic at hand. Otherwise there will be some patented 'MmMs Temp Bannage!'

For the uneducated. I ban you and shut my eyes when typing in how many days or hours.

I was waiting for that. Took a bit longer than I expected, though. mad.gif

To stay on topic, then:

Anuj - I prefer burritos.
Cerb - HTML does not make the man.
Dem - How does throwing a big hissyfit help? Do you expect your legions of dedicated fanboys to rush to your side in some sort of attempt to Rage Against the Machine?™

Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 25 August 2005 - 08:49 PM

QUOTE (ceedj @ Aug 25 2005, 14:02)
I have to echo an earlier post: is he contributing JUST to get stars? I mean, are they REALLY that important?
No and no. That doesn't mean that somebody's authorized to just take them away because they feel like it. He wasn't given those permissions to use them that way.

I KNOW I contribute, and I don't need a silly "star rating" to tell me otherwise.
You mean so. By this you're implying that I do. You are unaware of what all staff has done to me simply because it gives them entertainment. You don't realize, but I was once on staff. I remember seeing them get riled up because they had somebody else they could f*ck with. IMU's recent flogging is prime example. I still have the right to let people know it happened.

I would think that the whole point of contributing to a community is to HELP said community
When you've helped others at a FRACTION of the amount that I have, you can lecture me on the motivation behind helping. Just make sure that when you do, you get it right wink.gif Take a look around you. My mental health is on the table in part because of the amount of time I commit to this hobby. It's NOT healthy and a lot of it IS just to help others. Maybe come back when you're devoid of your tantrum from two days ago enough to deal with what's actually taking place instead of some off-topic bullsh*t wink.gif

@Cerbera: Once everybody let me know that your post was about HTML and whatnot, I stopped reading. You attacking my mental health makes me want to reach for RD's pot and kettle macro. The difference is that I've never tried to deny any on my illnesses nor am I out of touch with any of the ways they manifest themselves. That's in part because unlike you, I don't need to point the finger at others to big up myself. See also sig warfare. Your psuedo-concern in order to attempt to humiliate another is both desperate and obvious. As for your antiquated gripe about HTML, my wespace is a place to park files. It diseminates the info I need to and makes the files I want available to be available. It really doesn't concern me if it's proper or not. It works. Oh the irony as I think back to the original patch discussion. All that aside, it's MY webspace. You don't like it, don't go there.

QUOTE (Svip @ Aug 25 2005, 14:37)
And Demarest, if you want something, you ask for sympathy.
In a world where things go the way the should, I am in total accordance with you. It's no secret that I often as staff bit my tongue just to fall in line with others. Look where that got me. For as long as the sh*t's going to hit me regardless, I have no use for tact. Much like the rest of my privileges stripped of me over bullsh*t rumors, they're mine, I earned them, I didn't forfeit them. And since it's not going to make a difference either way--by that I mean that sucking dick, begging, using sympathy, whatever isn't going to get them back for me anyways--how I impliment it is irrelevant.

QUOTE (SloStenRacing @ Aug 25 2005, 14:48)
If you are as good a modder as you say your name is known and that is all that should matter not whether you have those flashy yellow things under your name.
Oh so let's just let them piss on my account any time they feel like because it amuses them. If that works for you, more power to you. The fact that I am every inch of what those who express gratitude for my contributions is the very reason why I'm one of the last people they should be f*cking with just cuz.

QUOTE (SWEETSAPRIK @ Aug 25 2005, 15:49)
If you want to be impotant, you got to act impotant.
And when somebody starts to just take sh*t from you because they feel like it, you sit there? I'm so sure.

A. Were your posts off topic?
No. I didn't post a single thing that wasn't already the subject of discussion. By definition, that is on-topic.

B. Did the punishment fit the crime?
As soon as there is a crime, I'll let you know. You hit the nail on the head. No crime, but action anyways. The very essence of the thread.

In answer to the first question, yes, your posts were off topic. (At least the ones that I can still see are.)
I wasn't warned for the posts that remained. I was warned for the posts that were deleted. The same ones that he answered in his own post. So if I'm so off-topic for continuing a conversation he perpetuated, then what is it that he not only started it, but is continuing it while silencing me for doing THE SAME THING. That's so in your face personalized, targeted, and abuse of power that it would take a negative disposition towards me to marginalize it simply because I'm the one saying it.

To argue over the pros and cons of a patch in a topic where said patch is either not allowed, or a prerequisite, is off topic.
Topics drift all the time. The patch is both allowed and not a requisite. It was the difference between accomplishing it via patch and not patch that WAS the topic at that point in time. If it's really such a crime, then you go after the person who deviated off topic. By time I posted on the subject, it was already the subject at hand. And ASHDEXX perpetuated it after it was already finished. So go after him. It's cool that you don't like me, but don't pin the "transgressions" (the view of others, not my onw) of others on me.

Had you posted about the benefits or drawbacks of the patch one time, it might not have been a big deal. Continuing to post about it was just off topic spam.
That's YOUR opinion. If I posted several times in a row, I would agree with you. When others post, unless their post is 100% concentric with everything already posted, then there's more on the table to be talked about. I have the right as everybody does to add to that conversation. You can try and twist it all you want but the fact remains that I was not the first to do anything in that thread and was in fact doing what everybody else--including the omnipotent ashdexx himself--was doing.

You probably also knew that topics like this are never fruitful, and they always bite the starter in the ass.
I made that clear in the title. That means before I typed anything else, I made sure it was painfully obvious that I knew it wouldn't get anywhere. I'm Demarest. That means you point and laugh, you don't listen. Were that not true, the reason for the topic wouldn't have ever even occured.

That brings a question to my mind. Why did you make this topic? If you thought you had actually been wronged wouldn't you be best served by PMing someone? Situations like this are always better worked out in private. It seems to me like this was just about stirring some sh!t, under the guise of "informing the masses of mod abuse."
You are so eager to blame 2nd in line. ashdexx stirred the sh*t when he opened the conversation back up. ashdexx stirred the sh*t when he did so just because it was a way to stab at me. ashdexx stirred the sh*t when he was contradicted and decided that that meant it was time to control and tailor the topic. ashdexx stirred the sh*t when he took karma that admins gave me away over some petty gripe he has with me. But I'M the one accused of stirring sh*t, starting drama, what have you when I say something about it instead of taking it up the ass? Sorry, I'm no fascist nor do I adhere to ye olde conform or be spanked. I'm an individual. One who contributes tons. What does it say about a board staff when they're poised to harrass such a member while nobodys that are truly breaking petty rules go unnoticed? Your eyes are closed son. Get a mouth that matches.

QUOTE (Tsuroki @ Aug 25 2005, 15:51)
Dem - How does throwing a big hissyfit help? Do you expect your legions of dedicated fanboys to rush to your side in some sort of attempt to Rage Against the Machine?�[/font]
For those unaware of what marginalizing something means, it means regarding it in a way that somehow discounts its weight. I've spoken on it several times and here we have it in the flesh. Instance A: I post a topic on something and I'm throwing a big hissy fit. Nevermind the fact all the injustices that have occured, only focus on the fact that I opened my mouth on it. Instance B: If you support me in any way, you can't possibly be referring to the time I invest helping others, studying the game, modding the game, providing services for others, etc. No, you must be a fanboy, a suckup, riding my nuts, what have you. This is exactly the kind of thing I'm talking about. Nobody else has to deal with that. Why people feel a need to form an opinion on me is beyond me. It's VERY possible for somebody to do their thing while I do mine and we never even have to see one another. But no, there's big business in the name Dem and if you have no opinion, the drama that surrounds me leaves you feeling all VOTE OR DIE like. We all know it's easier to hate than it is to invest the time and attention it takes to get the facts straight and base your opinions on that. Fact remains: It's not required. Maybe staff should instead one time CONSIDER the POSSIBILITY that maybe those who support me understand what I do, what I've been through, or just that I don't deserve to be f*cked with for the sport of it. Again, I won't be holding my breath.

muppetmaster
  • muppetmaster

Complete Disaster™

• Members

Posted 25 August 2005 - 08:57 PM

I don't mean to laugh....
HAHAHAHAHHAHAHA
Seriously, what's the big deal, you've been stripped of your stars. Maybe he thought it would deflate your pulsating ego a little, but obviously that's not the case. Now you've just made a public scene and it won't do you any favours if you want your stars back.

Tsuroki
  • Tsuroki

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 25 August 2005 - 09:05 PM

QUOTE (Demarest)
I won't be holding my breath.

You never do. Your essays on the injustices of karma removal are proof enough.

If you're God's gift to the forums, you should be able to regain that karma in no time.

fred
  • fred

• Administrator
  • None

Posted 25 August 2005 - 09:12 PM

In a community this size it's unavoidable that we're not all going to get along. It's been 4 pages, you must have spent a considerable amount of time on those mammoth posts and for what? Supposedly we're all (and more specifically you are, as you say so yourself) here for GTA and at the end of the day, you can still post and do everything you could do before. Really now, what difference does 2 internet karma stars make?

I'm not trying to have a dig at the so-called "drama", I just think it's time you chilled the f*ck out, relaxed and moved on. For your own sake if not ours..

Maybe?

Otter
  • Otter

sea dwelling madman

• The Connection
  • Canada

Posted 25 August 2005 - 09:35 PM

THEN FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, please lock the thread.

This kind of circular argument is a waste of the forum's resources.

SWEETSAPRIK
  • SWEETSAPRIK

Pяopagaиda Iиc.

• Feroci
  • Unknown
  • Best Tits 2016
    Sourest Member

Posted 25 August 2005 - 10:34 PM

QUOTE (Demarest @ Aug 25 2005, 16:49)
It's cool that you don't like me, but don't pin the "transgressions" (the view of others, not my onw) of others on me.
I don't know you well enough to like or dislike you. I don't know anything about you, and I have had no dealings with you, so you are irrelevant to me. The idea that I'm disagreeing with you because of some hatred or grudge on my part might make you feel better, but it's just not the case. I thought my post made it clear that any like or dislike of you was totally not the point. If I thought it was I could have made some lame comment about getting you karma back by PMing someone a pic of your manboobs, or one of a few hundred other stupid insults that are in no way relevant to this situation. I did my best to make it clear that even if I had come to make an opinion on the rumors floating about (Which I still haven't.) they would be in no way pertinent to this discussion. I don't put too much stock in rumors to begin with, but I also know lots of people (who's opinions I value) who swear by your innocence, and some that swear you are guilty. However, any supposed transgressions you may or may not have made in the past do not apply here, and I'm not even taking them into account.

That brings a question to my mind. Why did you make this topic? If you thought you had actually been wronged wouldn't you be best served by PMing someone? Situations like this are always better worked out in private. It seems to me like this was just about stirring some sh!t, under the guise of "informing the masses of mod abuse."
You are so eager to blame 2nd in line. ashdexx stirred the sh*t when he opened the conversation back up. ashdexx stirred the sh*t when he did so just because it was a way to stab at me. ashdexx stirred the sh*t when he was contradicted and decided that that meant it was time to control and tailor the topic. ashdexx stirred the sh*t when he took karma that admins gave me away over some petty gripe he has with me. But I'M the one accused of stirring sh*t, starting drama, what have you when I say something about it instead of taking it up the ass? Sorry, I'm no fascist nor do I adhere to ye olde conform or be spanked. I'm an individual. One who contributes tons. What does it say about a board staff when they're poised to harrass such a member while nobodys that are truly breaking petty rules go unnoticed?

You are the first and only person in line because you made this topic. Look at what part of my post you quoted, and then look at your reply. In the part you quoted I'm talking about this whiny "look at me" topic, not the other thread.

I was trying to say that regardless of whether or not you actually were "wronged" in any way, making this topic was a mistake, and it had no chance of getting you your karma back. This topic serves no purpose other than to publicly accuse ashdexx of abusing his power. I haven't been here as long as you, nor was I ever a mod, and even I can see that. I'm saying that if you actually wanted your karma back, you would have gone about this better. Such as PMing ashdexx or another staff member and trying to get this resolved privately.

Your eyes are closed son. Get a mouth that matches.
1. I'm not your son.
2. No.

If you didn't want everyone on the forum to be able to take part in this discussion then you shouldn't have posted a topic we all can see. But just to clarify, should I close my mouth because I'm one of those "nobodies" you mentioned, and you're some sort of self proclaimed internet legend, or because of your paranoid delusion that you're important enough for me to care about, and have some sort of prejudice or bias against?

I have no desire to sit here and go jab for jab with you, I thought I was just stating the obvious. That being that this thread will not get you your karma back. This thread will not lead to ashdexx being demodded or reprimanded. This thread serves no real purpose. Again, you would have been better served by either trying to work this out in private, or taking it and going about your business. Had you taken either of those routes you wouldn't have lost all your karma and earned a whore badge. If you contribute as much as you say (and admittedly, as much as some others say.) then you would have earned them back soon enough anyway.

Either way, the fact that I have "taken the other side" of this argument does not mean that I have any feelings for or against you. If you wish to think otherwise that's your prerogative.

@MMMS
Don't temp me please, I was only responding to comments directed at me. Either way I won't respond again, out of my fear of the ban stick.

DexX
  • DexX

Black Hat

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 25 August 2005 - 10:36 PM

i'm here. unlike dem, i have better ways to spend my time than participating in Drama™, atleast to the extent that he does.

QUOTE (Demarest @ Aug 25 2005, 11:39)

QUOTE (illspirit @ Aug 25 2005, 10:46)
The topic was about washing cars, which requires the the patch.
You're wrong. The topic WAS about washing cars and somebody had made a working version that was version independent.

actually the code that posted in that thread just recreates a car with perfect health - it doesn't "Clean" anything (the function that controls body texture modulation seems to be disabled, you cars will still "look" dirty unless R* did sh*ttier coding than normal). So once again, in order to CLEAN the cars, the 1.01 patch is NEEDED and your argument about the patch is still moot.

i'll keep the topic open. this is quite amusing.
ashdexx goes to get popcorn

Tsuroki
  • Tsuroki

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 25 August 2005 - 11:06 PM

Sweets: Your post is more along the lines of what Liam wanted to see - it addresses the issue at hand (more or less). He wanted to get rid of the macro-styled posting spree that I started. tounge.gif

Daggdave
  • Daggdave

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 25 August 2005 - 11:19 PM

QUOTE (Tsuroki @ Aug 25 2005, 17:05)
If you're God's gift to the forums, you should be able to regain that karma in no time.

But with all of the mods and admins against him, there will be no way he could, now could he?

Havana
  • Havana

• Members

Posted 25 August 2005 - 11:19 PM

QUOTE (Tsuroki @ Aug 25 2005, 21:05)
QUOTE (Demarest)
I won't be holding my breath.

You never do. Your essays on the injustices of karma removal are proof enough.

Can anyone give me an official reason to his unbanning? I've looked around to no avail...

I still think the only reason that he joined was a simple confusion of GTAf and not4chan.

Wheelman
  • Wheelman

n00b patrol

• Members

Posted 25 August 2005 - 11:23 PM

GTAForums.com cordially invites your presence to the marriage of

Demarest and Demarest

at 3:00pm on Friday 26th August.

Formal dress. No fruit allowed.

jacob.
  • jacob.

Homie

• Members

Posted 25 August 2005 - 11:37 PM Edited by jacob., 25 August 2005 - 11:41 PM.

QUOTE (ceedj)
"I want my stars! Gimmie my stars! MINE MINE MINE!"

Seriously, just get over it. Grow the f-ck up.

The fact is, he rightfully deserved them. I'd be pretty pissed if somebody took 2 stars away for such a pointless reason too. You can't be labelled a karma whore for being pissed off when they're wrongfully removed.

Now if I recall correctly, Demarest was helping some noob out, as usual, when the discussion suddenly turned towards the patch.. which demarest replied in his opinion that the patch is useless, seeing how it only limits things and fixes a host of bugs nobody cared about.
Soon after, ashdexx jumped on his back, pretty much launched the patch-related argument on his own behalf, claiming it was "an ignorant thing to say" then continued on to list the reasons why. Another person replied saying they agreed with Dem (which he was called a suckup for doing so) - which is when ashdexx deleted all posts that disagreed with him, stole the last patch-related word, then threatened to delete any post in reply to his own patch-related statement he seemed to be fighting to make sure it was the final say on that topic.
Obviously, dem replied to this, pointing out the ironic conflict in dexx's "final word", saying that it was unjust even for a global moderator to desperately attempt to end a (perfectly on-topic) conversation just because you're being disagreed with.

If you can't be arsed to read the above, this is how I saw it in a nutshell - and yes, I was there throughout the whole thing, so I should consider myself an accurate witness:

Topic is discussing carwashes and patches, dem says he dont like patches, dexx starts the patch-vs-nopatch argument, then strips two of dem's karma for defending himself, claiming that it was "off-topic." Off-topic? Hardly, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that dexx turned a completely on-topic discussion into an full blown flame war simply because he disagreed with the fact that Demarest didn't like the patch.
turn.gif

Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 August 2005 - 12:10 AM

QUOTE (ashdexx @ Aug 25 2005, 18:36)
unlike dem, i have better ways to spend my time than participating in Drama
And yet you were the one who started the "drama". Just as with the event that sparked your grudge, you took my expressing my opinion personally as an afront to you.

QUOTE (ashdexx @ Aug 25 2005, 18:36)
actually the code that posted in that thread just recreates a car with perfect health - it doesn't "Clean" anything (the function that controls body texture modulation seems to be disabled, you cars will still "look" dirty unless R* did sh*ttier coding than normal). So once again, in order to CLEAN the cars, the 1.01 patch is NEEDED and your argument about the patch is still moot.
actually it doesn't restore full health at all. The fact that it didn't work as intended came to light AFTER the fact and therefore bears no relevance.

QUOTE (Daggdave @ Aug 25 2005, 19:19)
QUOTE (Tsuroki @ Aug 25 2005, 17:05)

But with all of the mods and admins against him, there will be no way he could, now could he?
Exactly. To say that, it would imply that karma is indicative of a person's contributions and for me to lose two after all I've done because I disagreed with a mod says it all.

And Tsuroki, you're full of sh*t. I tell you I contribute, I'm accused of claiming, feeling, whatever like I'm god's gift to the forums. Not that you have ANY idea what I do or its impact. Others tell you what I contribute and you marginalize them as fanboys. You reek of preconcieved notions and that hardly makes you a valid contributor on the subject. Stick to the macros where dealing with the facts at hand aren't necessary.

The fact that just about every post here doesn't even address the facts at hand makes my point better than I ever could. Special thanks to Wheelman to making my point so concrete, I couldn't convice people otherwise if I tried. It's clear you guys have special treatment on the menu for me. All the restrictions I didn't earn and none of the recognition I did. I might be offended, but the help I offer is for people who enjoy GTA. There aren't many of you on staff, are there?

I'll leave you guys with one last humorous observation I made over the course of this thread. The same people so quick to post "welcome to three months ago" in your average ebaums-like thread are the same people who have no qualms sporting a grudge whose foundation was a rumor they heard a year ago. Pure class.

muppetmaster
  • muppetmaster

Complete Disaster™

• Members

Posted 26 August 2005 - 12:15 AM

Get over it.

Daggdave
  • Daggdave

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 26 August 2005 - 12:23 AM

QUOTE (DJ muppetmaster @ Aug 25 2005, 20:15)
Get over it.

Nice contribution there buddy. Keep it up.

To say that, it would imply that karma is indicative of a person's contributions and for me to lose two after all I've done because I disagreed with a mod says it all.

Exactly. That just shows that they have got somthing against you

Luke
  • Luke

suckmyrocket

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 26 August 2005 - 12:24 AM

QUOTE (DJ muppetmaster @ Aug 26 2005, 00:15)
Get over it.

Well done for the most useless post (and I mean that, the macros were better than that post even).

There's a good handful of staff who are here for their love for GTA dem, just ironically they're the ones not getting involved here and remaining neutral overall. Whilst I hate this topic for the endless pit of sh*t it creates in the form of posts, the only thing I'm opposed to is that you were unable to discuss this with ashdexx in an appropriate place (PM) prior to it becoming this. For that I don't know who is at fault, you or ashdexx, or both. Either way, most people are overlooking the topic in question here, so it's productivity isn't going to stretch far.

I don't deny that some people still hold grudges, it's slightly upsetting but throughout the forums each person seems to have different ideas on who you are, why you were banned and why you were unbanned - it's a result of that I would guess. Personally, I'd just like to see you continue modding here regardless. It's what you enjoy, and it's why people enjoy your presence.

Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 August 2005 - 12:44 AM

QUOTE (Luke @ Aug 25 2005, 20:24)
There's a good handful of staff who are here for their love for GTA dem
Oh I know. I apologized to you guys earlier. I know who's who. It's just easier (and probably more peaceable comparatively speaking) to speak en masse than to name names. At the same time, other staffers without the grudge could say "isn't enough enough?" I did when I saw them getting all geeked like children on christmas eve over their latest sig warfare response to sig warfare. It's embarrassing and I said something.

the only thing I'm opposed to is that you were unable to discuss this with ashdexx in an appropriate place (PM) prior to it becoming this.
I followed suit with everybody else in that topic. There's nothing I was doing that others weren't too. I think that's proof enough it was a personal grudge and he did this simply because he felt he could. And with him getting away with it just means his following me around is justified and he will continue to do it, riding me that much harder, until he fulfills his own prediction on banning me. It only hasn't happened yet (like a lock on this topic) because leaving it all as is is more fun for them.

The question remains: Why? With some areas of the forum in TRUE disorder, with REAL rule breakers and those with nothing better to do than cause trouble, why go after one of the guys making a difference?

Personally, I'd just like to see you continue modding here regardless.
Yeah. Every time they f*ck me up the ass, they're banking on the fact that A) I can't do anything about it anyways and B) I will continue to do what I enjoy while they milk me for all my productivity and can't be bothered to lighten the f*ck up and go after the real "threats to GTAF" confused.gif Such is life.

ceedj
  • ceedj

PEDS Creator

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 26 August 2005 - 01:13 AM

I would think that the whole point of contributing to a community is to HELP said community
When you've helped others at a FRACTION of the amount that I have, you can lecture me on the motivation behind helping. Just make sure that when you do, you get it right wink.gif Take a look around you. My mental health is on the table in part because of the amount of time I commit to this hobby. It's NOT healthy and a lot of it IS just to help others. Maybe come back when you're devoid of your tantrum from two days ago enough to deal with what's actually taking place instead of some off-topic bullsh*t wink.gif

Tantrum? What tantrum? You said I was "misleading" others with code that was "inferior". I decided that since you've been doing this longer than I have that I would remove what was in question. I still personally disagree with that sentiment, but I didn't want to clog up that guy's topic with it. My main issue with you is the way you "help" people, which doesn't belong in this topic. For that, I'll offer my sincerest apologies.

Back on topic:

My offer is still open: take my stars. This whole thing has left a rotten taste in my mouth, and I don't think I really even want them anymore. If you really think Ash is at fault, I'm afriad you only have three options:

1) Discuss this with Tank, as I mentioned earlier.

2) Ignore Ash, move on, and deal with it.

3) Don't come back here. If it's that much strain on your mental health, I'm fairly sure any doctor would tell you to just walk away and deal with yourself first, and not with "problems" on an internet website.

I'll apologize publicly here for making some of the comments that I did. Not for the comments themselves, but for doing it in this thread. I probably should have done it via PM, but I got a little riled about it and should have just let it go. Sometimes I forget to practice what I preach.

Good luck.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users