moderator abuse lol

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
98 replies to this topic
Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 25 August 2005 - 05:30 PM

So let them turn a blind eye. They did before. The topic's existence doesn't mean you have to click on it wink.gif

I love it when people try to control the speech others. Wait, no I don't.

Daggdave
  • Daggdave

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 25 August 2005 - 05:33 PM

QUOTE (Trashguy @ Aug 25 2005, 13:27)
All in favor of hearing the story say I. "I"
BTW Dema from what it sounds like, you may be wrong in starting this whole topic, CAUSE NOBODY WANTS TO HEAR YOUR CRAP!

And you've only been here 3 months? Do you know anything about history here? No one needs to hear your bandwagoning crap

EDIT: wow 66 posts there, nice going there dontgetit.gif

Otter
  • Otter

sea dwelling madman

• Administrator
  • Canada

Posted 25 August 2005 - 05:34 PM Edited by Otter, 25 August 2005 - 05:48 PM.

The guy worked harder than many other modders to get those stars. Not giving them back would really be childish.

Despite how he's rubbed 90% of you guys the wrong way, you can't dispute that. I also can't see why that conversation would cause anyone else to be demoted two karma stars, so obviously it's a result of bad blood.

For the sake of fairness, and to give the rest of us a tangible goal that can't be *stolen* from us, give the dude back his stars.

Edit - killer typo - I said MANY OTHER MODDERS, not any other modder. Sorry.

Edit x2

Glad it's done with. Lockage?

Daggdave
  • Daggdave

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 25 August 2005 - 05:43 PM

It just seems that everyone here wants to hold grudges. I mean what happened, happened. Get over it. It was last f*cking year, and its not like Dem is here now making all you kiddies upset about a warning. He is here solely to mod, and present his mods to the public. Honestly, if you dont appreciate them, you shouldnt be reading them. And yeah, what Otter said, it would be childish to not give them back, actually come to think of it, it was more childish putting the karma whore icon, then taking them away in the first place. Its just pathetic how you guys make such a big deal about this.

Tsuroki
  • Tsuroki

Your friendly neighbourhood retired admin.

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 25 August 2005 - 05:52 PM

So the other day I was talking to Roy, he was a bit pissed off because I rammed my truck into the side of his house. Yeah, wasn't a big deal, I said I'd pay for it (and I intend to stick by my word). For some reason though, the guy starts picking up this attitude with me and I'm like "WOAH MAN, cool your jets! I said I'd fix it" but he's all "Eat my ass carpetf*ck I'm going to beat up your wife." I was a bit taken aback, mostly because I don't even have a wife. But anyway, this guy, Roy, we used to be pals - we'd go golfing and all that jazz on the weekend. He'd always criticize my swing, but I would always get back at him by making fun of his cancer. "You're gonna die thirty years before I will." Good times. So I thought he'd have a sense of humour about it all, and wouldn't take it so seriously. I mean, come on, it wasn't that bad.

Look for yourself.

user posted image

In other news, if the waterducks are on the manger akin to the ruffles of nevermind, perhaps the forgotten wind of abstinence shall reveal itself to the plates of mooring. I doubt it, though.

Otter
  • Otter

sea dwelling madman

• Administrator
  • Canada

Posted 25 August 2005 - 05:54 PM

You're silly.

Tsuroki
  • Tsuroki

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 25 August 2005 - 05:56 PM

QUOTE (Otter @ Aug 25 2005, 13:54)
You're silly.

user posted image

QUE?

Otter
  • Otter

sea dwelling madman

• Administrator
  • Canada

Posted 25 August 2005 - 05:58 PM

Oh, so this is going to be one of those threads?

user posted image

Nurrrrrgle!

Tsuroki
  • Tsuroki

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 25 August 2005 - 06:01 PM

user posted image

ceedj
  • ceedj

PEDS Creator

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 25 August 2005 - 06:02 PM

QUOTE (Otter @ Aug 25 2005, 13:34)
The guy worked harder than many other modders to get those stars. Not giving them back would really be childish.

Despite how he's rubbed 90% of you guys the wrong way, you can't dispute that. I also can't see why that conversation would cause anyone else to be demoted two karma stars, so obviously it's a result of bad blood.

For the sake of fairness, and to give the rest of us a tangible goal that can't be *stolen* from us, give the dude back his stars.

I have to echo an earlier post: is he contributing JUST to get stars? I mean, are they REALLY that important?

Like I said before, mods, take my stars. In fact, take ALL of my stars. I really don't care. I KNOW I contribute, and I don't need a silly "star rating" to tell me otherwise. I would think that the whole point of contributing to a community is to HELP said community, not to race for some silly badge of honor. Maybe I'm just too old fashioned though, and the idea of helping someone for the sake of helping someone got shot out the window sometime ago...

This has nothing to do with Dem's intellegence. Like I said, he's a smart guy. But here's someone who's in his mid 20's whinning about his "gold stars" like a 10 year old in elementary school.

Good grief, my best friends wife is a teacher, and she doesn't have to deal with behaviour like this!

"I want my stars! Gimmie my stars! MINE MINE MINE!"

Seriously, just get over it. Grow the f-ck up.

Dem, if you have a problem, talk to Tank; last I checked, he still owns the site.

Oy. Gavault, even. blink.gif

Tsuroki
  • Tsuroki

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 25 August 2005 - 06:04 PM

I have 5 karma stars.

That should give you an idea of exactly how much they're worth.

BenMillard
  • BenMillard

aka Cerbera

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 25 August 2005 - 06:05 PM Edited by Cerbera, 25 August 2005 - 06:32 PM.

I'll respond to you, Dem, but only because I pity your diseased, dillusioned mind. You're not just weird and creepy, you have many symptoms of clinical disorders. I think it's clear to ordinary people that there is something deeply, deeply wrong inside your head.

QUOTE (Demarest @ Aug 25 2005, 17:39)
QUOTE (Cerbera @ Aug 25 2005, 07:05)
Demarest...talking about mod abuse, grudges and taking arguments the wrong way?  ROFLMAO!  I was having a really sh*tty time working on a new file opening routine for one of my programs, but finding this has brightened up my day no end. biggrin.gif

Thanks Dem, you psychopathic moron, you.  I'll be even happier when your completely justified permanent ban gets reinstated.
Karma is not an indication of mental state. In fact, those who earn it often spend more time on the games than the average judgemental type would consider healthy. And the ban was far from justified as every single reason for it was either exaggerated or completely fabricated.
Karma is not an indication of mental state, which is why nobody here said it was. It's impossible to take you seriously when you continue to "exaggerate or completely fabricate" things, Dem. Complete defiance of reality is a sign of mental illness, consult your pyschiatrist. If you talk to your former probation officer they might be able to hook you up for a discount! I really mean it, Dem. We might all laugh at you but deep down, we are worried about your pyschological health.

Every reason for your ban was untrue? Just how accurate does one need to be? You persued members who disagreed with you all over the boards, threatening to delete their posts, give them verbal warnings, formal warnings and you even banned people simply because they disagreed with your methods. You blackmailed people into posting to your defence, you lied to the staff about what members you disliked were doing and you refused to be held accountable for the things you were doing. You royally kissed up to the people in power until you conned them into giving you a staff position, then you kept on doing it until they trusted you. Then, as your thirst for power grew, you began an increasingly desperate campaign to achieve ultimate status and acclaim, which you persued by maliciously beating down any ordinary members who stood in your way.

Now that you've had to take an atom of your own medicine, you realise just how sour it is.

Worst of all, you never ever even hinted at the slightest possibility that anything you ever did might have been even fractionally detrimental or unjustified to anyone in any way whatsoever. Your criminality shines through by your actions on these boards, which affected every member of the community. You were (and still are) the most damaging thing to have ever disgraced these boards. That is why you should still be permanently banned.

The fact that you have any karma at all when considering the blackmail, bribery, deceit and vindictiveness you demonstrated while on the staff shows that something is very, very wrong with the karma system.
The fact that somebody who's contributed as much as I have is sitting at 3 karma shows there's something very wrong with the karma system. Never blackmailed, never bribed, never deceived, and never took things personally beyond the normal bounds of privacy in methods that Tank himself has stated he would and expects his staff to. Know your material lest you embarrass yourself.
I've heard of "illusions of grandeur" but this really takes the piss? Just what the f*ck have you contributed to the scene which means you *only* deserve 3 karma stars? All you've done is create straightforward mission mods, you've never done anything innovate ever. Let's compare your minor contributions with someone else. Since illspirit has participated in this thread, let's compare you with him.

Demarest:-
  1. Crappilly coded walkthroughs. All this stuff is done better by other sites. Many of your links are 404 errors and all your pages are completely invalid HTML. I've never seen quite so many Javascript errors in one site It's crap, there's no technical ability or attention to detail.
  2. Many small, unimaginative and fairly useless SCM mods.
  3. A few badly written tutorials on subjects nobody cares about which are explained better elsewhere.
  4. A disturbingly backwards opinion on everything.

Illspirit:-
  1. One of the very first TCs for GTA1; Snowball City.
  2. The first (and perhaps only?) TC for GTA set in outer space; Spacestation GTA
  3. Extremely imaginative and innovate level design, with unique features like animated rain and walking robots. Way back in GTA1, too.
  4. One of the most interesting level concepts ever made for GTA2; a sequal to Spacestation 2 in which the lower portions of the city were flooded by shallow water.
  5. A well balanced and extremely detailed multiplayer mod which led to a new breed of action-packed GTA2 multiplayer gameplay.
  6. One of the first map mods for GTA3; a gigantic stunt sphere. Again, demonstrating amazing innovation and technical expertise.
  7. A new island with complicated and outlandish highways. Featured some of the best interiors ever made for GTA3 and excellent attention to detail.
  8. Co-creator of the legendary GTA3 Intercity Highway, which has had an obvious influence in the design of GTASA. That's a contribution with influence, when the games developers make a landscape using a modder's ideas.
  9. His vehicles for GTA3 include a unique forklift truck (another influence on GTASA), a detailed lunar rover and a stylish, futuristic tank.
  10. Founded the Myriad Islands project for GTAVC.
  11. Created millions of immaculate polygons for Myriad Islands, split them all up into user-friendly lots, did the COL files himself and packaged it all up, too.
  12. Created some detailed yet efficiently used textures for Myriad Islands which fit in with the feel of the game perfectly.
  13. Replaced the Voodoo with a charasmatic muscle car. Features what are quite possibly the best user-made flame decals of any GTA mod ever.
  14. Altered the hidden packages in GTAVC so they became illuminations. Did I mention that he creates things which are beautiful as well as innovative and imaginative?
  15. An extreme amount of work behind the scenes of GTAForums and the GTAnet at large which the public sees on the tiniest tip of.
  16. Has defending computer games in the international press, having his interviews and articles featured by the likes of the BBC and truely global news corporations.
  17. Endless work assisting the modding community with figuring out file formats, such as the best way to link up path nodes for Myriad Islands).
  18. Helping the most advanced developers like Steve-M, Delfi and Respawn to create awesome tools without which modding would be impossibly difficult.
  19. Loads of other stuff which I can't remember off the top of my head.
Demarest, you aren't even the pointy end of a needle amongst the haystack of talent which makes up GTA modding. Get over it...and f*ck off while you're at it, kthx.

you should be counting your lucky stars that you are here at all.
1, 2, 3... you're right! 2 ARE missing!
That was almost like a joke. Keep trying!

(EDIT) This might have had more impact without all the typos, lol.

Otter
  • Otter

sea dwelling madman

• Administrator
  • Canada

Posted 25 August 2005 - 06:05 PM

QUOTE (ceedj @ Aug 25 2005, 10:02)
QUOTE (Otter @ Aug 25 2005, 13:34)

I have to echo an earlier post: is he contributing JUST to get stars? I mean, are they REALLY that important?

Like I said before, mods, take my stars. In fact, take ALL of my stars. I really don't care. I KNOW I contribute, and I don't need a silly "star rating" to tell me otherwise. I would think that the whole point of contributing to a community is to HELP said community, not to race for some silly badge of honor. Maybe I'm just too old fashioned though, and the idea of helping someone for the sake of helping someone got shot out the window sometime ago...

This has nothing to do with Dem's intellegence. Like I said, he's a smart guy. But here's someone who's in his mid 20's whinning about his "gold stars" like a 10 year old in elementary school.

Good grief, my best friends wife is a teacher, and she doesn't have to deal with behaviour like this!

Seriously, just get over it. Grow the f-ck up.

Dem, if you have a problem, talk to Tank; last I checked, he still owns the site.

Oy. Gavault, even. blink.gif

It's finished. But you do realize you're putting words in his mouth?

Anyhow,
user posted image

Tsuroki
  • Tsuroki

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 25 August 2005 - 06:07 PM

user posted image

It's small because it's cold in here.

ceedj
  • ceedj

PEDS Creator

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 25 August 2005 - 06:09 PM

QUOTE (Otter @ Aug 25 2005, 14:05)
It's finished. But you do realize you're putting words in his mouth?

You are right, my apologies. But what words did I put in his mouth?

Otter
  • Otter

sea dwelling madman

• Administrator
  • Canada

Posted 25 August 2005 - 06:10 PM

Shrinking...fuirther and further...

user posted image

EDIT

ceedj:

Tsuroki
  • Tsuroki

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 25 August 2005 - 06:12 PM

QUOTE (Cerbera @ Aug 25 2005, 14:05)
Demarest, you aren't even the pointy end of a needle amongst the haystack of talent which makes up GTA modding. Get over it...and f*ck off while you're at it, kthx.

Wowies. That entire post seemed so... so... uncerbish.

FOR THAT, U GET KARMA.

Canoxa
  • Canoxa

Woosh.

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 25 August 2005 - 06:15 PM

If all moderator complains turn out in sh*tty macro thread, why don't we start complaining about administrators?

ceedj
  • ceedj

PEDS Creator

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 25 August 2005 - 06:17 PM

QUOTE (Otter @ Aug 25 2005, 14:10)

My apologies. I was paraphrasing.

Not only am I a highly karma-worthy member, but the 5 twinklies was originally made for me. I've been through enough bullsh*t with a bogus demodding, a bogus banning, no public reparation, restricted posting, stripped privileges, etc. Yet I continue on, helping the community that once forsake me in part because I love the games and I love working with them, helping others with them, encouraging others to rise, etc. Under no circumstances should my karma be altered, let alone as part of one begrudged staffer's personal issue and poor attempt to cover up what was NOT off-topic, but in fact simple disagreement with him. You'll notice that nobody else was effected by this storm.

So I'll have my karma back thank you. Don't worry. I'll still have a begrudged mod watching my every move and some personal vendetta bullsh*t warning to follow me around, so not a total loss for staff hate on the whole. That's assuming this topic survives his totalitarian grip long enough to see the light of day

...which is essentially the same thing, but I digress. Point taken, and appreciated. colgate.gif

Luke
  • Luke

suckmyrocket

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 25 August 2005 - 06:21 PM

Cerbera: I'm sure you can find a lot more to add to the Demarest list than that, and it's probably not worth judging people based on their HTML quality. You're right about illspirit though, he's been an icon in modding as far back as I can remember GTA (which happens to be the age of 7 wink.gif).

Anyway, as predicted this topic is becoming worse with an average ratio of 5:2 crap posts to real posts. Wont go anywhere.

Canoxa: I could illustrate GTANetwork Team pretty well with a flowchart, beginning with "Complaint", ending with "Locking" and in between mainly "Bullsh*t". wink.gif

Tsuroki
  • Tsuroki

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 25 August 2005 - 06:25 PM

QUOTE (Canoxa @ Aug 25 2005, 14:15)
If all moderator complains turn out in sh*tty macro thread, why don't we start complaining about administrators?

Then it'll be an awesome macro thread.

Otter
  • Otter

sea dwelling madman

• Administrator
  • Canada

Posted 25 August 2005 - 06:27 PM

Now Cerb has 5 stars?

HAS THE WORLD BEEN TOSSED ON 'ER HEAD?

Canoxa
  • Canoxa

Woosh.

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 25 August 2005 - 06:33 PM

QUOTE (Tsuroki @ Aug 25 2005, 18:25)
QUOTE (Canoxa @ Aug 25 2005, 14:15)

Then it'll be an awesome macro thread.

In that case...

user posted image

anuj
  • anuj

iconic

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 25 August 2005 - 06:34 PM

QUOTE (Otter @ Aug 25 2005, 12:27)
Now Cerb has 5 stars?

I had five stars not a week ago. I got one taken away for saying 'f*ck liverpool'. So that tells you that five karma stars and about $2.00 will get you three taquitos at a 7-11.

Svip
  • Svip

I eat babies

• The Connection
  • None
  • Best Returning Member 2014
    Lifetime Achievement Award

Posted 25 August 2005 - 06:37 PM

I think I lost it around page 1 or 2. What were we even talking about again? Demarest being good at modding? Or the actually title of the topic?

Oh, and where is this ashnexx anyway?

And Demarest, if you want something, you ask for sympathy. And yes it is that;

QUOTE (Wikipedia)
Sympathetic but not empathetic by realising (perhaps cognitively) someone is upset and wanting to alleviate that, but not experiencing their sense of upset directly and internally as an emotional state within themselves (eg, a person at a help desk who sees another in distress, does not feel distress themselves, but tries to find what is wrong and help them anyway).

Source

My English might not be the most beautiful thing I can present, but I can tell from that you want people sympathy in order to support you and your goal, so that the "people" would press the moderators to take back what is "rightfully your's".

I think we need more terrorism.

@anuj; even though, what is so cool about a liver in a pool anyways?

Otter
  • Otter

sea dwelling madman

• Administrator
  • Canada

Posted 25 August 2005 - 06:41 PM

You wacky foriegner.

Otter realizes that he really wants one of those "karma whore" stars

Svip
  • Svip

I eat babies

• The Connection
  • None
  • Best Returning Member 2014
    Lifetime Achievement Award

Posted 25 August 2005 - 06:44 PM

QUOTE (Otter @ Aug 25 2005, 20:41)
You wacky foriegner.

Hey, I might be foreign to you! But you're foreign to me, you speak a crazy language. And really, I want you.

Otter
  • Otter

sea dwelling madman

• Administrator
  • Canada

Posted 25 August 2005 - 06:48 PM

QUOTE (Svip @ Aug 25 2005, 10:44)
QUOTE (Otter @ Aug 25 2005, 20:41)
You wacky foriegner.

Hey, I might be foreign to you! But you're foreign to me, you speak a crazy language. And really, I want you.

You know, together, We're so foriegn yet so utterly local. Let's make babies, and set them loose on the forums.

SloStenRacing
  • SloStenRacing

Crawlin' S-10

• Members

Posted 25 August 2005 - 06:48 PM

QUOTE (Otter @ Aug 25 2005, 13:27)
Now Cerb has 5 stars?

Did you not read the post 5 above yours? It was explained as to why he got 5 stars. sigh.gif

Whining about Karma whether it was deserved or not is retarded. It means nothing. If you are as good a modder as you say your name is known and that is all that should matter not whether you have those flashy yellow things under your name.

Daggdave
  • Daggdave

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 25 August 2005 - 06:51 PM

Karma should be outlawed these days. All everyone does is complain about it. Its so widely abused now that it means nothing.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users