[WIP / SCR / VICE] GTA Rally

60 replies to this topic
spaceeinstein
  • spaceeinstein

巧克力

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 September 2005 - 06:25 PM

I only finished the first four races. The rest are not changed from Vice City. I will be making more races after I finish the paths. Right now I have school and the load of work I have was never experienced before in my life.

Knife
  • Knife

Tits.

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 12 September 2005 - 06:43 PM

Nice work there. How big is it going to be when finished?

Jonny52002
  • Jonny52002

Track Designer

• Members

Posted 13 September 2005 - 03:21 PM

Space:
ok, just wasnt sure if it was an error or not.

Knife:
GTA Rally currently covers the entire Downtown and Hyman Memorial Stadium areas and currently stops at the edges of the Prawn Island and Little Haiti roughly.

Heres the current radar to give you a better idea:

user posted image

How big will it get is something I really dont know. I have an idea of how I would like to occupy the entire area possible, but whether I have the time or if I can commit myself to do that is something I am not sure of yet, the next version probably wont be much bigger then it is now.

Jonny52002

Jonny52002
  • Jonny52002

Track Designer

• Members

Posted 19 September 2005 - 08:53 AM

Well didnt get as much done as i would have liked this weekend due social events etc (went out on the piss biggrin.gif ), but did manage to get a bit more land done this sunday to help prevent cars falling of the road into the water below.

Heres some pics:-

user posted image

user posted image

should get chance to have ago at looking into the col refelction issue mid week when i go back to parents for a bit and use the old desktop but nothing much more to report.

Jonny52002

BenMillard
  • BenMillard

aka Cerbera

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 September 2005 - 12:20 PM Edited by Cerbera, 24 September 2005 - 12:30 PM.

Hey, great to see this project is back and making good progress!

Jonny, how about adapting all your other race tracks so they can all be together in this mod? The monster truck course from GTA3, the Drag Strip, that miniature speedway you did for GTAVC...all great stuff. Would be cool to have them all in one place.

Any plans to port this over to GTASA? The handling has an advanced acceleration mode which is activated by a car having the USE_MAXSPD_LIMIT setting allows the progressive, realistic acceleration that you get in Gran Turismo instead of the arcade machine acceleration that standard R* setups have. You could create an epic superspeedway all the way around the environment boundary and the realistic acceleration would make it a real challenge to maintain momentum around. It would just need to be a wide road with barriers at the bottom and top, maybe some grandstands at the start/finish line. That would be pretty awesome. inlove.gif

Jonny52002
  • Jonny52002

Track Designer

• Members

Posted 26 September 2005 - 01:54 PM

Lo peeps,

again not much done over the weekend (had serveral social events (out on piss again in laymens terms)) but I did manage to make 3 new pieces of land to help prevent falling off the road into oblivion, will post some pics if i get enough free time at work to sort some out.

Cerb :

thxs, been a while since I was last here on a regular basis. I have a plan of how I want this mod to work and it doesnt include any of my previous mods so carnt see that happening unless I have a bit of a re think at some point. Will you see this in SA, I dunno, if its as popular as last time and thats what every1 wants to happen then i guess I have no choice but to do so. I suspect it will be in SA in some form.

Jonny52002

BenMillard
  • BenMillard

aka Cerbera

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 September 2005 - 04:12 PM

Can we see your designs? People seem to like being able to see the designs, as I found from the Curveshire project. They kinda get a sneak peak into the "behind the scenes" activity and get a better idea of what to expect from the project in future. It also gives you a way of testing your ideas against what the users want, since they can give feedback about the design.

Easier to sketch a bunch of general ideas out and post them in your topic than build it and find nobody likes it. tounge.gif

Jonny52002
  • Jonny52002

Track Designer

• Members

Posted 27 September 2005 - 08:09 AM

If I get enough time this week / weekend I may do one cerb see what happens, maybe I can do one in my break at work see how things pan out. Its not something I usually do (wouldnt think that since i work in an architects would you) i usually just let things go straight from my head into the model, but ppl work differently I guess.

Jonny52002

spaceeinstein
  • spaceeinstein

巧克力

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 October 2005 - 03:21 PM

Sorry about the lack of progress. I've been busy. I'm just about 30% done remaking the paths around the streets with a median. I might post some progress later in the day.

tommy vercetti guy
  • tommy vercetti guy

A fellow canadian

• BUSTED!

Posted 02 October 2005 - 05:14 PM

Is there any auto installer.
I dont know what the heck to do. sad.gif

spaceeinstein
  • spaceeinstein

巧克力

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 October 2005 - 02:15 AM

Yes there is. I might show some progress later this week. Damn school.

Jonny52002
  • Jonny52002

Track Designer

• Members

Posted 03 October 2005 - 08:34 AM

Space :

Dont worry bout the lack of progress you gotta get your work done thats no problem.

tommy vercetti guy:

GTA Rally Beta does have an automatic installer provided with the download.

I managed to fill in another gap over the weekend, the patch where you leave the residential area goin towards the dual carriageway is now filled as your can see on these pics:-

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Next area to be worked on is the residential area, goin to think about what type of houses to add there before doing any work, will be either bungalows of simular design to the previous ones or semi-detatched housing.

jonny52002

Jonny52002
  • Jonny52002

Track Designer

• Members

Posted 10 October 2005 - 01:49 PM

hhmmm, a week without any posts, that carnt be rite, ah well. Didnt get very much done over the weekend, am having trouble deciding which media to use to make the next set of models as daft as it sounds. It might come down to investigating CAD a bit more, when i last experimented with it, it was creating a very mukky mesh which was very annoying to work with. sorry for the lack of progress, suicidal.gif

Jonny52002

spaceeinstein
  • spaceeinstein

巧克力

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 October 2005 - 06:49 PM

cry.gif
Progress:
user posted image
Almost done!

91RS
  • 91RS

Gimme All Your Lovin'

• Members

Posted 13 October 2005 - 03:53 PM

Wow, this kicks ass! Somewhere to take my Lamborghini and open her up! I hope this will work on my VC version (it's the Russian version). I guess I still need to find out what's wrong with mine, it crashes in random places sometimes, I think it may be a missing file or something in the gta3.img. Haven't really tried to fix it since I got SA.

Jonny52002
  • Jonny52002

Track Designer

• Members

Posted 24 October 2005 - 01:02 PM

Lo peeps,

Nothing much has happened over past week or so cause I essentially havnt had any time at all to do any work. I did how ever get a spare 5 mins to knock this small building up in CAD:-

user posted image

I am using this to help me get some practice at converting CAD models into max. It is basically a Step Down generator that you see occasionally in some residential areas. More news at it happens,

Jonny52002

spaceeinstein
  • spaceeinstein

巧克力

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 October 2005 - 08:08 PM Edited by spaceeinstein, 31 October 2005 - 07:33 PM.

Look at post below

BenMillard
  • BenMillard

aka Cerbera

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 October 2005 - 08:27 PM

The first second of the movie plays, then it automatically stops for me.

spaceeinstein
  • spaceeinstein

巧克力

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 October 2005 - 04:37 AM

Damn. I'll reupload the movie tommorrow. And the path's map is the outdated one. suicidal.gif Damn me.

DaddyPimp
  • DaddyPimp

Rest in Peace Proof

• Members

Posted 31 October 2005 - 02:51 PM

This mod rules as hell man! KUTGW!!

spaceeinstein
  • spaceeinstein

巧克力

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 October 2005 - 07:35 PM Edited by spaceeinstein, 31 October 2005 - 07:49 PM.

Ok, I got the updated paths and a little movie clip. Took me three hours to do that scene. I don't usually code cutscene-like stuff. The movie is about 1.5 times faster than usual because Tommy's walking speed is horrenously slow.
user posted image

BenMillard
  • BenMillard

aka Cerbera

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 October 2005 - 09:34 PM

Movie clip worked this time. That's a decent way to start the level, short and simple. smile.gif

Jonny52002
  • Jonny52002

Track Designer

• Members

Posted 01 November 2005 - 12:04 PM

Fantastic work space, great progress. Al try and make some new blips for us to use 2day or 2morrow. Amazingly I got a couple of free days, few things i got to do but will try get something done for the end of the week.

Jonny52002

junox
  • junox

watch out for gimps

• Members

Posted 04 November 2005 - 06:52 AM

heyho J
i must say youre consistant man when did you start this mod - originally-
i remember dloading this before the updates, maybe a year ago was amazing then , now its comming along. You were one of the artists that got me into 3dart --thanx dude .... smile.gif
think youre first release did'nt come with an installer, thats good that you can do an installer now - was that easy? its something im going to have to do real soon myself, anywayzz, love youre stuff respect dozingoff.gif

Jonny52002
  • Jonny52002

Track Designer

• Members

Posted 04 November 2005 - 03:02 PM

Thanks for those kind words Junox, means alot. Originally i started this at the beginning of last summer, I remember it just been a little bit of dirt road behind the army base in Vice, now look at it, truly amazing.

Credit for the installer would have to go to space, he did all the work on that, this mod wouldnt be much without his work if i were honest.

In my free day I managed to create a new house which you can see below.

user posted image

Its pretty much the same shape as the other bungalows that currently exist, but importantly (for me anywayz) i have done this model in CAD which inabled me to create this building much quicker and with more detail. It needs texturing and it needs to be scaled down (its currently at full life scale and I know that Tommy is only a wee 2.8 millameters ((i know that cause I meased him in CAD LOL)) so hopefully I can get chance to put it ingame l8r in the week.

Another significant thing that comes soon is my week off work biggrin.gif , this is for a week long celebration of my 21st Birthday (which is on the 15th Nov) so with those free days i should be able to make some major progress (if am not too hungover).

L8rz

Jonny52002

spaceeinstein
  • spaceeinstein

巧克力

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 November 2005 - 01:50 AM

AH! It's dying!
Files Updates
Paths is updated a little. I managed to get no traffic in two areas where there should be fewer traffic. I included a question mark blip from San An. The particles files are just there for show, not for redistribution. It has a nice moon.

Jonny52002
  • Jonny52002

Track Designer

• Members

Posted 25 November 2005 - 10:00 AM Edited by Jonny52002, 25 November 2005 - 12:32 PM.

Lo all,

apologise for lack of updates by myself but I have been pretty busy so not had chance to do much at all. The house in my previous post is now textured so hopefully with a spare hour or so I should get a chance to put it ingame then things should start to move at pace again.

Will try out your new files asap space.

L8rz

Jonny52002

**EDIT**

Well i got a spare bit of time at work, so managed to create a plot for the house I have created, heres a pic.

user posted image

BenMillard
  • BenMillard

aka Cerbera

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 November 2005 - 01:23 PM Edited by Cerbera, 25 November 2005 - 01:27 PM.

QUOTE (Jonny's Website)
Jonny's Companies
JJ Bolchover
Huddersfield, UK
Architectural Technologist
Now THAT is a job title! tounge.gif Are you going to put any GTA related stuff on that website?

You might be interested in watching the development of Tony's IPL Editor. It looks like becoming a much more modern version of what MooMapper and KEd became. It will support GTA3/VC/SA and is approaching the first beta release.

Jonny52002
  • Jonny52002

Track Designer

• Members

Posted 28 November 2005 - 11:03 AM

Lo peeps,

Doudt I will be putting any gta stuff on that site, will check out that IPL Editor when i get some spare time cerb, thanks for the link.

Space, new files worked perfectly, good work.

Will try and step up my efforts, but is difficult with all the things i have on these days.

l8rz

Jonny52002

spaceeinstein
  • spaceeinstein

巧克力

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 December 2005 - 11:53 PM

It keeps dying! How many people are in this team?

Paths update:
user posted image
I am finally finished with the main car paths and I started working on the second cutscene.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users