Ireally dont get..

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5 replies to this topic
Jackington
  • Jackington

Rat

• Members

Posted 19 August 2005 - 11:24 PM

Ive read the readme, and have not understood the thing about "games.cfg". I dont understand how to use it from the start. Ive unzipped it to a folder, so does it have to be in the GTA:SA directory in order to work.

Could someone make a quick getting started guide for me please?

Thanks very much.

dertyjerzian
  • dertyjerzian

I have a custom member title. I call it "Solid Snake"

• BUSTED!

Posted 20 August 2005 - 01:03 AM Edited by dertyjerzian, 20 August 2005 - 01:07 AM.

1 Unzip files to just any directory, it's own would be tidy*
2 Open NotePad and write in the path to your game. I use it for SA, so my games config looks like this:

CODE

D:\GTA San Andreas\

That's the path to MY game, yours will 99/100 percent surely be different, as you may have left it in it's own parent folder, placed it elsewhere, etc.

3 Hit X on the notepad to close it, when prompted to save your work (1 line of Text wink.gif ), do so WITH the "" ---> "games.cfg" Your games.cfg should be in the same folder as the map viewer, where the rest of the files are.

Note* Quotes during save/save as procedure force filetype, so you don't have a "games.cfg.txt" that is useless to Steve's map viewer.

4 Open up map viewer and press F1, the map loads. Now, to control you use the arrow keys:

Up and down = Forward and back.
Left and right = "Strafe"
Clicking the window disappears your mouse pointer and gives you the ability to move your "head" around it's fixed axis in order to change center of vision and heading angle. To exit this mode press ESC ~1 time~. Pressing escape twice will direct the program to exit.

5 Advanced Controls

While in "Move your Head mode", you can right click and adjust the camera to focus in on a single object, as I'm sure you know already. This is not the most smooth thing to accomplish, but can be done, if the map goes black you are focused on something, just most likely not what you hoped to focus on. This is the density of the map, not the program at fault. Move the mouse after releasing right-click will unfocus to default view.

You may save up to 9 map locations (maybe zero works to make ten?!?) to travel back instantly in future uses of map viewer. While holding CTRL, press one of the 1 - 9 keys on your keyboard, the ones above Q - P*

You do not need control or any other hot-key to revisit a saved location, you need merely to press it's corresponding assigned number.

Good Luck!

EDIT: I forgot to mention, right shift will give you speed in movement and if you add other GTA Game's paths (up to an extra 3) they will be F2, F3, and F4 upon program launch.

Edit Again: hahaha Nipa! Yess! we rule.

Nipa
  • Nipa

Hi.

• Members

Posted 20 August 2005 - 01:03 AM Edited by Nipa, 20 August 2005 - 01:05 AM.

Ok, a tut on how to generate a games.cfg

1. Open notepad or your plain-text editor.
2. Type in the folder your game is located in (default is C:\Program Files\Rockstar Games\GTA San Andreas).
3. Open up the save dialog.
4. Change save as txt to save as all files, and type in games.cfg.
5. Save it in the mapviewer folder.
6. Open MapViewer and hit F1.
7. Roam around San Andreas with it!

you can have upto four games, so you can put in Vice, GTA3, and San Andreas. How to do it? just type in the folders of the other games under where you typed where San Andreas is. then hit F2 to load the line under San Andreas and F3 under the previous line and F4 under the previous line.

Happy viewing tounge.gif

(DAMN YOU DERTYJERZIAN!! WE POSTED AT THE SAME TIME)

steve-m
  • steve-m

• Feroci

Posted 20 August 2005 - 03:49 PM

Thanks a lot guys! smile.gif I think I should link to this...

Edit:
QUOTE (dertyjerzian @ Aug 20 2005, 03:03)
save up to 9 map locations (maybe zero works to make ten?!?)

Yes, 0 to 9.

Dillyracer
  • Dillyracer

citizen of lost heaven

• Members

Posted 20 August 2005 - 04:17 PM

and how do you enter buildings with yellow markers ?

steve-m
  • steve-m

• Feroci

Posted 20 August 2005 - 08:58 PM

http://www.gtaforums...dpost&p=3091198

Please continue in the other topic. Closed.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users