Photo

[REL] Sanny Builder

595 replies to this topic
Seemann
  • Seemann

Ruhe

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 05 September 2005 - 06:28 AM Edited by Seemann, 05 September 2005 - 06:30 AM.

I've solved the second problem (with local's out of range in mission). Thank you for finding this bug.
I am not sure about optional check. Anyway its ranges should be checked. I see in your All in One Mod (v.1.01) in threads 'INTROSL' and 'INTROSH' local variables with names above 900 are used. tounge.gif Do you want optional check because of them?

Y_Less
  • Y_Less

• Members

Posted 05 September 2005 - 11:29 AM

What language is this written in? And will it be opensource, like Bartons wasn't?

Mike
  • Mike

Hustler

• The Connection

Posted 05 September 2005 - 11:53 AM

QUOTE (Seemann @ Sep 4 2005, 12:12)
@superglitch
I have no free time to make the multibrowsing site, that would be the same under all browsers. Maybe later...

The only problem I can see is some strange characters before the <html> tag. It makes it only show the source :\
яю

Seemann
  • Seemann

Ruhe

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 05 September 2005 - 01:04 PM Edited by Seemann, 05 September 2005 - 01:15 PM.

@Y_Less
SB is written in Delphi 7.0. I'm not sure about opensource now.

@mikechml
I have understood. I'll try to fix it.

Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 September 2005 - 01:47 PM

QUOTE (Seemann @ Sep 5 2005, 02:28)
I've solved the second problem (with local's out of range in mission). Thank you for finding this bug.
I am not sure about optional check. Anyway its ranges should be checked. I see in your All in One Mod (v.1.01) in threads 'INTROSL' and 'INTROSH' local variables with names above 900 are used. tounge.gif Do you want optional check because of them?

To me, it doesn't matter WHY. I myself am finding more limitations in Barton's work every day. The average user won't notice and won't know it, but for those trying to do less common acts, some things get in the way. If you kept the checking on by default, but allowed users to turn it off, everybody wins regardless of "why?".

spaceeinstein
  • spaceeinstein

巧克力

• Members

Posted 05 September 2005 - 02:42 PM Edited by spaceeinstein, 05 September 2005 - 04:15 PM.

QUOTE (Seemann @ Sep 5 2005, 02:28)
I see in your All in One Mod (v.1.01) in threads 'INTROSL' and 'INTROSH' local variables with names above 900 are used. tounge.gif Do you want optional check because of them?

Yes, but I can change it. That was the Driver Mod Pavel made. He made the locals extremely high. I didn't bother to edit it because it works fine with everyone.

EDIT: The builder decompiles some coordinates wrong. It makes some -2.5 to -2.49. It makes almost all -100.0 into -99.99.

Y_Less
  • Y_Less

• Members

Posted 05 September 2005 - 05:21 PM

Seeman: a few things we (Demarest and I) discovered the other day you may like (we may like you to smile.gif) include:

1) jumps accept any form of integer for their parameter (BWME can compile jumps using 1 byte integers (data type 04), but crashes on decompile.

2) variables in jumps, another thing BWME can compile but not decompile - although the way it doesn't decompile is very odd and I don't see how it can be a by-product, but meh, I'm speculating.

3) -1@ (local variable -1, exists but is unaccessible).

Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 September 2005 - 11:42 PM

QUOTE (Y_Less @ Sep 5 2005, 13:21)

Inaccessible for reasons that I believe are beyond the reach of anything short of hacking the EXE.

Seemann
  • Seemann

Ruhe

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 06 September 2005 - 03:21 AM

QUOTE (Y_Less @ Sep 5 2005, 17:21)
Seeman: a few things we (Demarest and I) discovered the other day you may like (we may like you to smile.gif) include:

1) jumps accept any form of integer for their parameter (BWME can compile jumps using 1 byte integers (data type 04), but crashes on decompile.

2) variables in jumps, another thing BWME can compile but not decompile - although the way it doesn't decompile is very odd and I don't see how it can be a by-product, but meh, I'm speculating.

Please, write some code samples for these things that I could see them visually.

@spaceeinstein
The builder decompiles some coordinates wrong
Thanks, I've corrected it.

About locals. I will make the check optionally.

Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 September 2005 - 03:55 AM

Well, the code we were working with was the code trap at the end off a stripped scm
CODE
:MAIN3
0001: wait  250& ms
0002: jump 12?

That did not work because jumps in MAIN are absolute. However, in missions, jumps are negatively relative. So if you place that loop in a mission, it will jump 12 bytes backwards (Y_Less said 1 byte, but in this case, the integer 250 is 2 bytes and can be 4). Barton's Builder compiles the 12? above as a single byte, but the game will look for a 4 byte label. The game crashes. Y_Less used a hex editor to make the 12? take up 4 bytes and the code ran without issue. It would also be nice to be able to jump with a variable that would contain the bytes.

As far as decompiling, for whatever reason, Barton's Builder disregards the datatype and assumes it's a label. So the above code would decompile with jump X where X is the hex address it would assign to the label MAIN3. It would still work as intended, but would actually CHANGE code that was compiled and subsequently decompiled. Still, you can see that this would be unsatisfactory for variables. In fact, the variable being undefined left Mission Builder (still disregarding datatype) unsure of what to put there and just crashed.

I hope that answers your question and since Y_Less was the one doing the hexing, he will have to correct me if I've misrepresented anything we worked on. He knows more about this than I do wink.gif

Y_Less
  • Y_Less

• Members

Posted 06 September 2005 - 08:31 AM

Just one thing, I did actually get the integer jump to work (that was what that final dems2.scm that I said would be interesting if it worked was). The trouble with it was that when you compiled the code, the builder just converted your 12 into a 12, instead of a -12, so it didnt work as a mission jump and jumped to the 12th byte in the code (most probably a nop or variable data as it would be in the 1st segment.

We also discovered (if you remember) that mission jumps are relative to the start of the mission, not the jump, so to jump to the first byte of the mission, you would need:

0002: jump (-1?)

(which should, come to think of it, work in a normal builder to compile - and we proved ran ingame)

So the final code compiled would be:

02 00 04 FF

But Bartons builder will crash on decompiling this.

Point 2 - variable jumps are done:

:randomlabel
0004: $myjump = ££offsetlabel
$myjump += 8 ;; Increase the bytes by 7
0002: jump $myjump ;; Will jump to 7 bytes after the label :offsetlabel

:offsetlabel
0002: jump ££randomlabel
;; The first jump will jump to here (a jump is 7 bytes)

Hope you can see whats going on there, I don't actually understand why he cant decompile that, but apparently it cant.

Point 3 - ignore that, I mis-understood.

Seemann
  • Seemann

Ruhe

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 06 September 2005 - 09:40 AM Edited by Seemann, 06 September 2005 - 09:53 AM.

hmm, I think that jump -1 should be compiled as
CODE
0200 01 FF FF FF FF

then it will be the real 'jump -1' wink.gif All jump's offsets have 4 bytes of length (and type 01 consequently)

So, I've done that if you write any integer value instead of @label the builder will compile it as 4-bytes-length value with data type 01.
eg
CODE
;-------------Mission 0---------------

:Mission_Start
0001: wait 0 ms

0001: wait 2500 ms
0109: player $PLAYER_CHAR money += 1
0002: jump -4

;0002: jump 410

It works well in missions 'Jump -4' lead to the opcode 'wait 2500' because in missions all offsets are local and negative, you know. To go at start point of mission it is necessary to use global offset from the beginning of the file (410 in my case). Jump 0 lead to game's crashing.

To me, I think about this feature. I wanted to make ability to jump through the lines without labels, like

CODE
:MyLoop
0002: jump -2; two lines backwards
0002: jump +2
0001: wait 0; this line will be ignored
Sanny Builder takes the last label's offset (MyLoop), calculates length of the code between :MyLoop and

'wait 2500' and inserts this value instead of 'jump -2'. Same for 'jump +2' It would be like as

CODE
:MyLoop
:MyLoop_1
0002: jump @MyLoop_1
0002: jump @MyLoop_2
0001: wait 0
:MyLoop_2

So, what about the variables?

CODE
0001: wait 0 ms
0004: $var = @VarLabel; integer values
000C: $var -= 7; cause it is a mission

:VarLabel
018C: play_sound 1052 at 0.0 0.0 0.0
0002: jump $var
Seems to be allright in game. SB compiled and decompiled it without any issues.

And the last. -1@ exists or does not?

Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 September 2005 - 01:54 PM

Exists but is inaccessible. GTA3 has -1 through -5, VC -1 through -7, and SA -1 through -9. But your tool will not be able to access them. Furthermore, I think jumping lines is inappropriate. For starters, the average user would NOT have a need for it. Secondly, those who might be getting into tricky coding would prefer the power of specifying bytes instead of limited to lines.

Y_Less
  • Y_Less

• Members

Posted 06 September 2005 - 04:15 PM Edited by Y_Less, 06 September 2005 - 04:24 PM.

Also, jump +2 wouldn't skip a wait as a wait is 4 bytes.

And I know label offsets are 4 bytes normally, but you can use other data types (eg 04) for them and they will work (e.g. 02 00 04 56 (56 being a one byte label) will jump to address 56 (hex)).

Edit: btw, jump 0 doesnt (at least in III) crash the game, and shouldnt, its just a jump to the first byte (which wil be a jump instruction) - when dem tested it, he said it just ran all the initiallisation again, which it would.

jonc
  • jonc

Snitch

• Members

Posted 06 September 2005 - 04:33 PM

Point automatically reduces labels to the smallest int type that can contain them, so I know that works fine in game. It also saves over 100k in the compiled script files.

Decompiling jumps-to-variables would be incredibly dangerous since the smallest change in the SCM would change those initial byte offsets. To handle those cases, you would need a full type system and even then it wouldn't be perfect. Point's type system could probably handle it, but because it changes the code so much due to optimizations it makes, it is probable that any "pointer arithmetic" after the initial assignment you did would break anyway. So in summary, don't bother trying to decompile such a script meaningfully.

Jumping lines doesn't really make sense, since the jump-to-variable is only valuable if you can calcuate the address at runtime (and you can't know every line's byte offset at runtime). If you are jumping a static number of lines, the user might as well have used a label.

Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 September 2005 - 04:59 PM

QUOTE (Y_Less @ Sep 6 2005, 12:15)
Also, jump +2 wouldn't skip a wait as a wait is 4 bytes.
He was saying jump +2 as in lines. Which I presume his tool would calculate on compile.

QUOTE (Y_Less @ Sep 6 2005, 12:15)
Edit: btw, jump 0 doesnt (at least in III) crash the game, and shouldnt, its just a jump to the first byte (which wil be a jump instruction) - when dem tested it, he said it just ran all the initiallisation again, which it would.
Actually, the first byte would be the first byte of 0??. It's a miracle the game somehow repeatedly ran past all that. Presumably because the code we were working with had no globals.

QUOTE (jonc @ Sep 6 2005, 12:33)
Point automatically reduces labels to the smallest int type that can contain them, so I know that works fine in game. It also saves over 100k in the compiled script files.
While making the SCM proprietary. If a SCM cannot be decompiled by any tool made to do so, your audience shrivels.

QUOTE (jonc @ Sep 6 2005, 12:33)
Jumping lines doesn't really make sense, since the jump-to-variable is only valuable if you can calcuate the address at runtime (and you can't know every line's byte offset at runtime).
You only need to know it at compile. It would calculate the weight of that line and the (in this case) 2 lines before it (16) and compile it to jump there. But again, any such compiling would make the decompile untrue to source and its usefulness plummets.

I should probably explain WHY this was started in the first place. When writing Lunarbond, I wanted to keep the code compact. Didn't need to, just saw an opportunity to do something I've never done before. I was using this loop (shorthand)
CODE
1@ = 0
label
1@ +=  1
if NOT 1@ > 16
jf label2
if garage $PIEG contains needed car 1@
jf label3
jump label
I was going to use the identity of 1@ (guaranteed to be from 1 to 16) to set 2@ (the ID of the car I was going to spawn). Rather than writing out 16 ifs to get a fix on 1@'s ID, I wanted to be able to say something like
CODE
3@ = 1@
3@ *= whatever
jump 3@
I realize that some car IDs involved were 1 byte while others were 2 and planned on addressing that. Just wanted to display for those that might wonder why jumping bytes would be useful. Obviously at the time, I wasn't aware that jump address were absolute. Pity. Or that the engine can't handle dynamic jumping.

jonc
  • jonc

Snitch

• Members

Posted 06 September 2005 - 05:15 PM

Actually, the first byte would be the first byte of 0??. It's a miracle the game somehow repeatedly ran past all that. Presumably because the code we were working with had no globals.

As far as I know globals 0 and 4 are never used in the original script so that jump should never be modified.

You only need to know it at compile. It would calculate the weight of that line and the (in this case) 2 lines before it (16) and compile it to jump there. But again, any such compiling would make the decompile untrue to source and its usefulness plummets.

On the contrary, using jump-to-lines, if I say (borrowing some Point syntax to make it shorter):
CODE
string output;
label x = LBL123 + RandomInt(0,10);
goto x;
LBL123: output = "a";// 8 bytes
output = "aa";// 9 bytes
output = "aaa";// 10 bytes
// ...

The compiler would have to know that RandomInt was operating on lines, and then do a switch to convert the random line selection to a byte offset and then add it. No tools have the necessary information to do so right now. And absolutely none could do it efficiently.

On the other hand, using byte offsets like your second example wants would work fine the first time, but it makes the code very vulnerable to structural changes (such as if I changed the line to LBL123: output = "aaa";, it would change all future offsets and the calculation wouldn't know that).

In my opinion, a better solution to what you were trying would probably be a switch statement.

Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 September 2005 - 05:25 PM Edited by Demarest, 06 September 2005 - 05:27 PM.

QUOTE (jonc @ Sep 6 2005, 13:15)
As far as I know globals 0 and 4 are never used in the original script so that jump should never be modified.
Oh I wasn't saying it was a good idea. He was just saying that byte 0 is a jump which isn't the case as far as I know it.

The compiler would have to know that RandomInt was operating on lines
Well I was addressing his use of -2 which is a fixed integer. I already understand that a compiler has to compile one address and that a variable is dynamic. Hence my woe that the engine doesn't support dynamic jumps. It would be cool if understood that the parameter was signified by a variable, evaluate that variable and jump from that point. Shame that it doesn't.

In my opinion, a better solution to what you were trying would probably be a switch statement.
Absolutely in terms of programming. The compiled code would essentially be the 16 ifs I was already facing, but my goal was shorter code for the sheer accomplishment of it. In SA, you could just use a jump table.

spaceeinstein
  • spaceeinstein

巧克力

• Members

Posted 06 September 2005 - 07:39 PM Edited by spaceeinstein, 06 September 2005 - 09:28 PM.

Why does the builder crash when I use this sascm.ini?

The interior names file doesn't seem to be any use. It was used for one of Barton's MultiMod's feature.

jonc
  • jonc

Snitch

• Members

Posted 06 September 2005 - 09:46 PM

Oh I wasn't saying it was a good idea. He was just saying that byte 0 is a jump which isn't the case as far as I know it.

Byte 0 is a jump unless a global at bytes 0 or 4 has been modified, which scripts aren't supposed to do, but a mod author could do I suppose.

Well I was addressing his use of -2 which is a fixed integer.

Ah. The quote you used was me talking about the variable jumps so I was confused.

With respect to the variable jumps, I've never tried it but I see absolutely no reason the engine wouldn't support it--the byte addresses are simply int values. Have you tested it or is your statement that it doesn't work purely because MB crashes upon seeing it?

Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 September 2005 - 12:05 AM

QUOTE (jonc @ Sep 6 2005, 17:46)
Byte 0 is a jump unless a global at bytes 0 or 4 has been modified, which scripts aren't supposed to do, but a mod author could do I suppose.
Didn't realize that. Thank you.

QUOTE (jonc @ Sep 6 2005, 17:46)
With respect to the variable jumps, I've never tried it but I see absolutely no reason the engine wouldn't support it--the byte addresses are simply int values. Have you tested it or is your statement that it doesn't work purely because MB crashes upon seeing it?
Good question. I'll let Y_Less answer that one. I had the GTA3 and he had the hex editing. So we played a plittle ping pong with the SCM. I THOUGHT he said the variable didn't work but based on his posts today, I'm lead to believe that he did get it to work.

jacob.
  • jacob.

Homie

• Members

Posted 07 September 2005 - 02:29 AM

You could vastly improve conditional jumps:

CODE
:CHECK
if (condition) {
;; do something
else {;; here it will auto-generate an available jump_if_false label
;; false, do something else }

is a lot easier then doing:

CODE

:CHECK
if 0
(condition)
jump_if_false AUTOGEN
;; do something

:AUTOGEN
;; false, do something else

It doesn't sound difficul to manage, and it'd make things a ton better. How bout it? wink.gif

Seemann
  • Seemann

Ruhe

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 07 September 2005 - 05:35 AM

QUOTE (Demarest @ Sep 6 2005, 16:59)
I should probably explain WHY this was started in the first place. When writing Lunarbond, I wanted to keep the code compact. Didn't need to, just saw an opportunity to do something I've never done before. I was using this loop (shorthand)
CODE
1@ = 0
label
1@ +=  1
if NOT 1@ > 16
jf label2
if garage $PIEG contains needed car 1@
jf label3
jump label
I was going to use the identity of 1@ (guaranteed to be from 1 to 16) to set 2@ (the ID of the car I was going to spawn). Rather than writing out 16 ifs to get a fix on 1@'s ID, I wanted to be able to say something like
CODE
3@ = 1@
3@ *= whatever
jump 3@
I realize that some car IDs involved were 1 byte while others were 2 and planned on addressing that. Just wanted to display for those that might wonder why jumping bytes would be useful. Obviously at the time, I wasn't aware that jump address were absolute. Pity. Or that the engine can't handle dynamic jumping.

yeah, when I made my "VC Car Shop" mod for VC I used such code:
CODE
0209: 10@ = random_int 0 71
0012: 10@ *= 15 ;; integer values (never used in VC or GTA 3)
000A: 10@ += JJCS_Cases ;; integer values
0002: jump 10@

:CS_Cases
0004: $CS_CASE_RESULT = 2530 ;; integer values   0 landstalker
0002: jump JJCS_Get_Random_Model
0004: $CS_CASE_RESULT = 2031 ;; integer values   1 idaho
0004: $CS_CASE_RESULT = 3532 ;; integer values   2 stinger

In CS_Cases every line with $CS_CASE_RESULT had 2+1+2+1+2= 8 bytes of length. And with 2+1+4= 7 bytes of
length of line "jump JJCS_Get_Random_Model" every case had 15 bytes of length. I randomly selected one of them, multiplied on 15 and the result led me at line where car's data was stored.

Seemann
  • Seemann

Ruhe

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 07 September 2005 - 05:36 AM Edited by Seemann, 07 September 2005 - 05:40 AM.

QUOTE (spaceeinstein @ Sep 6 2005, 19:39)
Why does the builder crash when I use this sascm.ini?

Fixed. Thanks.

Edit: oops, double post.

Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 September 2005 - 06:18 AM

CODE
0209: 10@ = random_int 0 71
0012: 10@ *= 15;; integer values (never used in VC or GTA 3)
000A: 10@ += JJCS_Cases;; integer values
0050: gosub 10@

:CS_Cases
0004: $CS_CASE_RESULT = 2530;; integer values   0 landstalker
0051: return
0004: $CS_CASE_RESULT = 2031;; integer values   1 idaho
0004: $CS_CASE_RESULT = 3532;; integer values   2 stinger

Would save 343 bytes wink.gif

Seemann
  • Seemann

Ruhe

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 07 September 2005 - 07:21 AM Edited by Seemann, 07 September 2005 - 07:30 AM.

CODE
0012: 10@ *= 10;; integer values (never used in VC or GTA 3)

in this case. smile.gif

Y_Less
  • Y_Less

• Members

Posted 07 September 2005 - 10:50 AM

If you know your things are going to be different lengths, use something of set length:

CODE
1@ is the value of the car you want
1@ *= 7;; Create the offset from the label
1@ += ££cartable;; Set the label
gosub 1@;; gosub - important
jump ££somewhere else

:cartable;; point the offset is from
jump ££car1;; All standard length jumps, no playing about with 1 byte jumps here
jump ££car2;; Point and other 'intelligent' compilers won't decompile theres lines - Jon, sort it out!
jump ££car3;; They are jumps after a jump with no discernable label jumping to it - therefore are never executed
return

:car1
;; Do whatever you want to here
;; With as many bytes as you want
return

:car2
;; same again
return

:car3
;; yeah
return

I'm not sure what you're asking about variable jumps. I got jumps of different data types to work (04 - short int, 01 - jump, 05 - long int), with the addresses in the right type for them. I also got a jump to address 0 and mission address 0 to work in all types, I never used variables though.

Mission builder supports compiling them, but not decompiling them. And jon doing that with jumps wouldn't make the SCM a proprietry format as, as you discovered, MB does decompile jumps of different data types.

Seemann
  • Seemann

Ruhe

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 07 September 2005 - 12:02 PM Edited by Seemann, 08 September 2005 - 07:50 AM.

In fact in original SCM datatype 01 is used for LongInt (> 32767) & labels. 04 - SmallInt and 05 - ShortInt.
But seems to be for game it doesn't matter what data type is used for label. But I always compile it with 4 bytes of length. It's too hard to change it now. In future versions I will try to compile with true length and datatype consequently.

So, the official English homepage of a Sanny Builder here has created:

http://freewebs.com/sannybuilder

And latest version of the program (1.1):

http://freewebs.com/...nybuilder11.rar

Hope, that it works without any issues. xmas.gif

spaceeinstein
  • spaceeinstein

巧克力

• Members

Posted 07 September 2005 - 04:35 PM

If you don't put the FreeWebs things at the bottom of the page, Freewebs might delete your account. Look at bottom of this page. Great site by the way.

Seemann
  • Seemann

Ruhe

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 08 September 2005 - 07:52 AM

If you don't put the FreeWebs things at the bottom of the page, Freewebs might delete your account. Look at bottom of this page. Great site by the way.

Thank you for the information, page it is updated. smile.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users