Time Vault Help thread

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
19 replies to this topic
Micdon
  • Micdon

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 August 2005 - 03:52 PM

ill have search for those threads, but i had a look at the time vault thing, but i just couldn't figure out how to make it work. I would like to do it myself, so any help with using the tool would be great.

Cheers,
MicDon

Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 17 August 2005 - 04:35 PM

For the sake of SNP, you should ask in its own thread. It's real simple. With Time Vault in, you load your game. Go to start the mission you can't seem to pass and it will be passed. Then save, put the original code back in and load again to keep playing.

Spuds725
  • Spuds725

Party Animal

• United-States

Posted 18 August 2005 - 01:10 AM

Split off S-N-P thread.

joeyaglr444
  • joeyaglr444

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 August 2005 - 05:33 PM

Can someone Please tell me in a detailed format how to work the Time vault what i need and how coz its confusing me! when i open it i get this notepad with this random code.

Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 August 2005 - 07:17 PM

Both its thread and my site explain how to use Time Vault. It comes with everything you need. You're not supposed to be opening the code. If you explain what you're doing or which of the steps confuse you, then maybe I can help? That's the 3rd time I've asked.

1 backup your /data/main.scm
2 put Tima Vault's main.scm into your /data/ folder
3 load your save game
4 start whatever misison you'd like passed
5 it tells you you passed the mission
6 repeat steps 4 and 5 as desired
7 save your game
8 delete the Time Vault main.scm
9 restore your backed up main.scm from step 1
10 load the game you saved with Time Vault and continue playing as you did before Time Vault

Which part trips you up? confused.gif

Spuds725
  • Spuds725

Party Animal

• United-States

Posted 18 August 2005 - 11:45 PM

Sounds like he is double clicking instead of dragging and dropping.

Jeez dem, can you write a script to do all this for them lol.gif

Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 19 August 2005 - 02:12 AM

Actually, it comes with it. You can download my main.scm swapper (a one time download regardless of how many tools you use). One you double click on that swaps your code for tool X. And another that swaps your code back. The latter actually comes with the original code, so even those people that don't follow the instructions and nuke their own code, they're still good.

In fact, saying that make me wonder a) his main.scm is still set to read only so the batch files can't overwrite it or b) his pc is setup with edit as the default action for batch files instead of execution. Either way, the steps in my last post will manually walk anybody through the process.

vedrana
  • vedrana

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 August 2005 - 09:47 AM

demarest..
I have your time vaulty.I saw post yestrday after I wrote this help messege.
Your instruction are terible.Can you please explain how to run time vaulty. Nice and slow.
I need it just to pass Demolition man.
just for that.Thank you.
I m givin up this sh*tY misson.
Demolition man!!!For now.

hey are putting stars when I write sh*tY!!!
sh*tY,sh*tY,sh*tY,sh*tY,sh*tY,sh*tY!!!
Nobody dare cenzoried me. devil.gif

Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 24 August 2005 - 05:05 PM

Once you're able to be more specific than "Your instructions are terrible," post in either Time Vault's thread or its help thread exactly what's giving you the problem. Of course, be sure you read them first.

I'll be revising the Code Tools altogether to do away with the automation. It's funny how I added it to make it easier and instead, it's made everything tougher confused.gif

vedrana
  • vedrana

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 August 2005 - 05:37 PM

I mean,I don't get it how to lunch your cheat.
I downloaded,unzip the file...
how to put in game and when and how to lunch it? Do I have to start mission then lunch cheat or before? How to get that started?
Explain like I m 2 year old.
step by step please.... confused.gif

vedrana
  • vedrana

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 August 2005 - 05:44 PM

P.S. I don't know english that well as you to understand your instruction.

words like spawn and so on...
you have to keep that in mind..
There are players who love Gta from all arond the world.. alien.gif

Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 24 August 2005 - 07:59 PM

English is the language I speak. Not sure what you'd like me to do. Also, there's already 2 threads about Time Vault. Have you read those? Maybe post the SPECIFIC issue you're having there in case others run into the same problem.

vedrana
  • vedrana

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 August 2005 - 04:58 PM

how to put in game and when and how to lunch it? Do I have to start mission then lunch cheat or before? How to get that started?

Don't just quote what I wrote.
Explain.

Please.

Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 25 August 2005 - 05:14 PM

I have. On the site, in its thread, and in its help thread. I've asked you if you've read them and you clearly haven't. I've asked you to post there and you clearly haven't. If your issue is a genuine one and not just you being lazy which it clearly is, posting it there will help others encountering the same thing. It's why we keep threads on topic for such things.

vedrana
  • vedrana

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 August 2005 - 05:25 PM

I did..now.
I copied all instruction and all your cheat codes.I m now trying to make it work.
you make it soo easy but is not that easy.
I try till I make it work.
If don't work I lll come and find you..
wink.gif biggrin.gif colgate.gif

He,he..you have to see on what way I m while I m playing Gta. I killed about 3 000 people in game...for now... : sly.gif sneaky2.gif

Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 25 August 2005 - 05:36 PM

lol.gif You're not alone. When I'm playing SA and some asshole jumps out of traffic and gets in my way, I stop to snipe him through the windshield. On principle wink.gif

vedrana
  • vedrana

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 August 2005 - 06:51 PM

i try and try and nothing. I gave up.
I m just stupid or what.
I did't tell you I have don't have original.
I have version trought Alcohol program.It s game trough on virtual drive. I never need to put cd in to play gta.
I did all word by word to yoiur direction.I saved the game. Then I clicked 2 time walue folder who is now in my gta folder. I saved game again and clicked on original Vice city bat. and load up game again..
Did I did right<?
I suicidal.gif

vedrana
  • vedrana

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 August 2005 - 06:55 PM

and nothing happened !!!
p.s. I even dowload from your page that orginal vice city bat.
I think I have find you and you in personal show me that this is working and how.
I m goin mad
suicidal.gif

DenSho
  • DenSho

Shadow of the Bat!

• Members

Posted 29 August 2005 - 11:48 PM

I have a doubt. If I do use Time Vault to complete a mission, it tells me that I indeed passed it. But, what happens if I try to use it to pass an RC Toy mission? For example, I tried it with the RC Plane, when I crashed/exploded/failed the mission, it didn't tell me I passed it (with TV, of course). But in my statistics it shows the best time for RC plane race as 426 and something minutes. Is this caused by the Time Vault? Or is this file that's screw up?
IF it is by the Time Vault, does it count towards 100%?
Thanks for the enlightment.

Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 August 2005 - 12:03 AM

If Time Vault is loaded, just entering a TOP FUN will pass the mission IF it hasn't been done before. If Time Vault is responsible for passing any mission, then yes, you will get the necessary mission point to attain 100%.
user posted image
If you get into a Top Fun while TV is loaded and nothing happens, you've already passed that mission. TV will NOT set any of your stats as far as best time is concerned. This is true of any mission where times show up in the stats.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users