Photo

Coordinator SA v1

21 replies to this topic
Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 12 August 2005 - 07:35 PM

Coordinator is a simple mod that will allow you to test coordinates inside SA. The release version perpetually posts the coordinates on screen. It is meant as a tool, for use by developers to make note of coords ingame. There are also instructions included on how to add this code to any SCM you'd like. This mod is accurate to .01 on all 3 axes. Timing of it is intensely rigorous and therefore adding it to other mods MAY require additional waiting in the code. Readme available here. Download link here. Enjoy.

NathanHenry
  • NathanHenry

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 12 August 2005 - 10:09 PM

That is sweet Demarest this will be alot of use for SA since people are mapping SA and using the SA Place Manager and stuff. Great job demarest.

Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 12 August 2005 - 10:28 PM

Thank you very much. For those who do not know how to install script mods or don't want to start a new game, a DARKPACTOR for Coordinator SA v1 has been released at the download link above cool.gif

NathanHenry
  • NathanHenry

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 12 August 2005 - 10:48 PM

a darkpactv1 sounds interesting but when I opened the file I had only two file the dackpact1readme.html and the darkpactv1.txt. I know I do not do anything with the darkpact1readme.html but how do I use the darkpactv1.txt?

Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 12 August 2005 - 11:06 PM

Instructions are included with it, but please keep Darkpact discussion in its own thread.

Just so you know though, Coordinator SA v1 and the DARKPACTOR for it are separate downloads. The reason is because you won't need both. If you download the DARKPACTOR (and this applies to future DARKPACTOR's as well), you won't need to mod anything. A couple file swaps, a couple load and saves, and you're good to go.

brotherbozar
  • brotherbozar

Rat

• Members

Posted 13 August 2005 - 07:03 PM Edited by brotherbozar, 13 August 2005 - 07:26 PM.

Well it beats messing around at the bottom of someones staircase and besides, your code just looks neater than the other one.
Why put the Z angle at chest height though? ...great for pickups (actually it would make for consistency there)... any chance of a version of code which places the Z angle at ground level?
I notice the info on your page says "almost all features of the game are inoperable" , what does this mean exactly?

Very nice though, i need a good one of these ,using trainers and ALT-TAB ing alot tends to make my graphics card get stuck in an 'infinite loop' which is exciting but not nice.

(edit) Another thing, you say chest height is 1.1 units above ground level. I'm curious because with the trainer/coordinate tool i'm using chest height would be about 0.4 or 0.5 above ground level. So are these measurements generic for tools like this or different?

Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 August 2005 - 08:33 PM

QUOTE (brotherbozar @ Aug 13 2005, 15:03)
Why put the Z angle at chest height though? ...great for pickups (actually it would make for consistency there)... any chance of a version of code which places the Z angle at ground level?
Surely you mean Z coord, not Z angle. It's not my doing. When you get player coords, it's chest. When you put player it's feet. Talk to R*.

I notice the info on your page says "almost all features of the game are inoperable" , what does this mean exactly?
The compiled SCM is just a stripped SCM + Coordinator. So many things aren't even in the code. But you can add the code to whatever SCM you want. Just know that due to Darkpact changes, the Darkpactor version MAY crash your game. I'm going to fix that later tonight.

(edit) Another thing, you say chest height is 1.1 units above ground level. I'm curious because with the trainer/coordinate tool i'm using chest height would be about 0.4 or 0.5 above ground level. So are these measurements generic for tools like this or different?
Maybe it's just different in what it displays. I'm just stating how the engine interprets things. When I was developing Neo, I spent a LOT of time on these things wink.gif

brotherbozar
  • brotherbozar

Rat

• Members

Posted 13 August 2005 - 11:41 PM

Well it works just sweet. Placed an NRG.. subtracted 1.1 from Z coord (yeah not paying attention) and all is fine. Great stuff. Being in my underpants was kinda wierd though nervous.gif
Hey, off topic slightly i know but what Z coord should i use to place a boat on water?

Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 August 2005 - 02:11 AM

Good question! I know GTA3 was 0 and VC was 6 (or was it 7?). Using Coordinator, you can test and find out though! colgate.gif

[enforcA]
  • [enforcA]

The original one.

• Members

Posted 14 August 2005 - 10:31 AM Edited by [enforcA], 14 August 2005 - 11:31 AM.

i also made an "show coordinates on screen" addition script some time ago, it looks like this:

user posted image

made also some color tests but i don't like them:

user posted image

user posted image

so the first picture i posted shows how it looks.. and what the display shows are the xyz coordinates for the vehicle 0-point and the player 0-point, because they result in different xyz coordinates (should be clear why.., if you drive a bus or truck you will see it clearly, or if you fly with the at-400 airplane)

so that's the reason why i post, if you do a coordinate display you should also add the vehicle or player point to it, in your case it would be the player point that should be added, because of the code you used:

00A0: store_actor $PLAYER_ACTOR position_to @1 @3 @5

if your cj is inside of an car it will give you the 0-point coordinates of the car (middle point of the car) instead of the player position, so that's the reason why there should be both xyz coordinates shown on screen, vehicle 0-point and player 0-point

player 0-point would be this:

CODE
04C4: create_coordinate $KLBLF_X $KLBLF_Y $KLBLF_Z from_actor $PLAYER_ACTOR offset  0.0  0.0  0.0

it will always give you the player xyz position whether he is inside of a vehicle or not, it doesn't matter

and

00A0: store_actor $PLAYER_ACTOR position_to @1 @3 @5

what you used will give you the vehicle xyz position if your cj is inside of a vehicle, otherwise if he isn't inside of a vehicle it will have the same xyz coordinates like the 04C4 code

.. and you should add the Z angle to the coordinates display

anyway good luck with it

Marklund
  • Marklund

GTAStunter

• Members

Posted 14 August 2005 - 12:21 PM

Wow that looks great [enforcA].
Are you going to release it? cookie.gif

Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 August 2005 - 12:49 PM

@enforcA: I understand the difference. This was meant for a quick display ingame and IS version 1. Also, it's SCM using GXT, so having 8 variables displayed isn't possible. Otherwise, angle (though not AS useful) would already be displayed. I just got SA and am not yet familiar with all the ways to manipulate text on screen. If however your intentions are in fact the betterment of this and not just thread-jacking to pimp your sh*t, the maybe more advice then "do this"? It's obvious you're aware how to put a ton of text up, so...

@brother: It seems to be about 0-1. Interestingly enough, there's a solid seabed at approx -30.

brotherbozar
  • brotherbozar

Rat

• Members

Posted 14 August 2005 - 03:47 PM

I know little about vehicles, but i imagine that the base of a boat is placed at water level and it then sinks to whatever the buoyancy of the boat allows. But what about when you see cars/boats spawn or being rendered...sometimes they appear to spawn slightly above ground and drop to ground level? Is it an illusion or sloppy placement on rockstars part. I can't actually find an example of a boat spawn(outside of missions) in the code, can they be placed with the parked car generator?
How about adding a jetpack spawn near CJ in the scm. version of your coordinator, and giving him more fat/health so he doesn't start to whither away so quick? ... if possible.
Maybe you already did but could you give instructions on adding the code to our own scm (just tell us where to put it).
To be even more naive, ...the 4 bits in your code which are 'commented' out... um, what's a 'comment' look like? blush.gif

DemolitionMan™
  • DemolitionMan™

Rat

• Members

Posted 14 August 2005 - 04:17 PM

Demarest, does your mod show the direction of the the vehicle or player?

demonj0e
  • demonj0e

Sa Coder In Training

• Members

Posted 14 August 2005 - 04:41 PM

sweet work guys but umm whats that body count?

Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 August 2005 - 05:55 PM

QUOTE (brotherbozar @ Aug 14 2005, 11:47)
sometimes they appear to spawn slightly above ground and drop to ground level? Is it an illusion or sloppy placement on rockstars part.
Can be poor placement. You'll also sometimes see this when -100 is used for the Z coord.

I can't actually find an example of a boat spawn(outside of missions) in the code, can they be placed with the parked car generator?
Sure. And why would a boat spawn need to be out of a mission to be useful?

How about adding a jetpack spawn near CJ in the scm. version of your coordinator, and giving him more fat/health so he doesn't start to whither away so quick? ... if possible.
Sure it's possible. I just wanted to be able to display coords in game. The rest, anybody is free to add.

Maybe you already did but could you give instructions on adding the code to our own scm (just tell us where to put it).
Yep, I did. The most common place is just before mission 0. From the top of original code, just search for --miss

To be even more naive, ...the 4 bits in your code which are 'commented' out... um, what's a 'comment' look like?  blush.gif
Just a semicolon at the beginning (as outlined in MB's readme sly.gif ). I think I actually omitted that from the VC and SA version. But adding a keypress check is tres easy.

@Demolition: No.

@demon: I don't know. That's not Coordinator.

[enforcA]
  • [enforcA]

The original one.

• Members

Posted 14 August 2005 - 06:35 PM

1. Also, it's SCM using GXT, so having 8 variables displayed isn't possible. Otherwise, angle (though not AS useful) would already be displayed.

same for the coordinates display i posted, it works with scm and gxt, problem is that i have one thing to solve before i can release it, it's the ..

CODE
054C: use_GXT_table '...'

.. code that doesn't work like i want it to work, if it reads from my own gxt text table the other text that uses other gxt tables or the main gxt table won't get displayed or maybe just for 1/4 second^^ that's still a small problem i didn't solve yet.. if i don't use an own gxt table and place the text just inside the main gxt table everything works fine (it's because the text gets displayed every second also in cut scenes so it always overwrites the other text that gets displayed on screen if i use the "054C: use_GXT_table '...'" code ... also the speedometer from the camera hack doesn't show up then).. but for easier installation reasons i wanted it to use an extra gxt table .. don't know if there is a gxt editor that has command line support.. but this would help a lot saving installation time if there would be one

I just got SA and am not yet familiar with all the ways to manipulate text on screen. If however your intentions are in fact the betterment of this and not just thread-jacking to pimp your sh*t, the maybe more advice then "do this"? It's obvious you're aware how to put a ton of text up, so...

yeah if i can help you i'll help you, for this stuff above i used "text_draw" opcodes like:

CODE

03F0: text_draw_toggle  1
033F: set_text_draw_letter_width_height  .5  1.5
0340: set_text_draw_color 156 156 156  255
0343: set_text_linewidth  1000.0
0349: text_draw_style =  3
081C: draw_text_outline 2  0  0  0  255
033E: text_draw  37.0  20.0 'BDYCNTN'
033F: set_text_draw_letter_width_height  1.0  3.0
0340: set_text_draw_color 156 156 156  255
0343: set_text_linewidth  1000.0
0349: text_draw_style =  3
081C: draw_text_outline 2  0  0  0  255
045A: text_draw_1number  37.0  30.0 'BDYCNT' $htshts2

this would be the body counter from the last picture i posted (just the text opcodes for it, not the whole code)

"03F0: text_draw_toggle 1" = text_draw text will be displayed on screen

"033F: set_text_draw_letter_width_height .5 1.5" = width and height of the text character, the screen placement works in procent style, so it doesn't matter if you use a resolution of 800x600 or if you use 1280x1024, the position on screen gets calculated by a multiplier

"0340: set_text_draw_color 156 156 156 255" = is the color and alpha channel of the text

"0343: set_text_linewidth 1000.0" = is the width how far your text can go from left to right (again it's handled with the multiplier if i am not wrong), if you use a small value, for example "10", then the text will continue on the next line when there is a space character in between

"0349: text_draw_style = 3" = sets the style of the text, goes from 0 to 3 if i am not wrong, with this you can choose how the text will look like, for example the old text style that is used for car names or the wider text style that is used for the money display.. and so on and so on ..

"081C: draw_text_outline 2 0 0 0 255" = this is the text surrounding.. "2" is the size of it, "0 0 0" is the rgb color of it and "255" is the alpha channel, but problem here is if you choose a size higher than 2, it could be that i looks really sh*tty because the text just gets printed multiple times on screen and this is the surrounding, it's a fake not a real surrounding, but try it and see it for yourself

"033E: text_draw 37.0 20.0 'BDYCNTN'" = this draws the gxt text called "BDYCNTN" on screen position x=37 and y=20 (again the real screen position gets calculated with the screen multiplier)

"045A: text_draw_1number 37.0 30.0 'BDYCNT' $htshts2" = same as above but with the ability to add a number to the text.. inside the gxt file this is handled with "~1~" for example: "Street Sluts pimped: ~1~", "$htshts2" is the player stat number 121, (ps.: please don't wonder why i always use global variables instead of local ones .. i love global variables inlove.gif )

sometimes they appear to spawn slightly above ground and drop to ground level? Is it an illusion or sloppy placement on rockstars part.

yeah they spawn a bit above of it, maybe to make sure that they don't fall/slide under water .. but if you look around in san andreas there are so many things placed wrong..^^

sweet work guys but umm whats that body count?

the body count is from the comedy movie "hot shots 2":

user posted image

if you reach a certain value text will show up like in the movie, i liked this idee and made it into the game, the number (body count) counts the people you have killed

greetings smile.gif

brotherbozar
  • brotherbozar

Rat

• Members

Posted 14 August 2005 - 07:42 PM

Thanks Demarest, I'm good to go now.
Actually i'm a fine exponent of altering mission cars to 'cheat' a bit and i'll probably do it with boats too but i've not played many missions yet so i'll leave those.
It seems there's only 3 (parked) boats on the entire map spawned using the parked car generator, and their Z coord is 0.0

Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 15 August 2005 - 03:03 AM

QUOTE ([enforcA)
,Aug 14 2005, 14:35]same for the coordinates display i posted, it works with scm and gxt, problem is that i have one thing to solve before i can release it, it's the ..
CODE
054C: use_GXT_table '...'
You can't use the GXT table command in main. It's intended for missions. Using it in main is unreliable as you've found. It generally only works in stripped SCMs, where there's little to no other threads running. That's my experience anyways.

I can't thank you enough for that mini text draw tutorial. There's been times I've shyed away from getting fancy just because it was intimidating from the outside. colgate.gif

QUOTE ([enforcA)
,Aug 14 2005, 14:35](ps.: please don't wonder why i always use global variables instead of local ones .. i love global variables inlove.gif )
So much I'd like to say. I'll leave you be though for all your help wink.gif I just hope when offering advice to other coders, you recommend locals...

Nice pics too.

@brother: Cool find. Thanks for sharing about the 0.

jlf6
  • jlf6

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 31 August 2005 - 08:41 PM

Nice tutorial [enforcA] but how to use text_draw_toggle command because i try a lot of arrangements an the text blink or it's fix but not refreshed.

demonj0e
  • demonj0e

Sa Coder In Training

• Members

Posted 31 August 2005 - 09:49 PM

the text draw command is good but like it says it just draws the text on the screen and is there permantly so ive been using status text with works better but is there a way to customize the colors and size of it?

Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 01 September 2005 - 02:03 AM

The whole reason they added a text draw feature is so that you could style it because other texts (like status) cannot be styled.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users