32 replies to this topic
Dingleman
  • Dingleman

Big Mouthed Prick

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 11 June 2011 - 06:58 AM

Sexy plane NikT wink.gif

Detatching and reattatching parts of an object unwelds the vertexes between lines and makes them seperate, making way for blockier shadow transitions between the faces.

Try detaching the whole fuselage from the rest as one big chunk, select it, use vertex weld, set it to 0.01 then collapse the vertex weld. Then use smooth, tick autosmooth and set the threshold to 180 and collapse that. Once done reattatch it to the rest of the plane, convert to editable mesh and export it as you normally would.

Be sure not to overwrite the original as sometimes I have tried this and the model comes out buggy, but most of the time it works like a charm.

[DRuG]NikT
  • [DRuG]NikT

DRuG Baron

• Members

Posted 12 June 2011 - 04:47 PM

That worked a charm dude.. thanks.

[DRuG]NikT
  • [DRuG]NikT

DRuG Baron

• Members

Posted 12 June 2011 - 11:21 PM

Updated to final release 13th June 2011:

- LOD model now matches plane
- Working ailerons
- Texture/Colours compatible with MTA and SAMP
- Perfected collision file (tuned so engines don't hit runway signs so easily)
- Totally refined model surfaces and textures (added smooth groups & retextured everything that annoyed me)
- Aileron animation refined lots
- Glass reworked on windows (interior cockpit now visible from exterior)
- Overall tuning of model (this is most likely the final unless some parts begin to annoy me)
- SOME PARTS ANNOYED ME! ?! so I also corrected the UV map so there isn't a line down the middle of the body's lighting
- Added flashing night lights on wings and rudder top

Thanks to [DRuG]Dingleman for his great assistance ironing out the last few bugs.

Download Now

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users