Miro
  • Miro

Time Killa™

• Zaibatsu
  • None
  • GTANet Contribution Award [Newbie Guide]
    Most Improved 2010

Posted 17 June 2013 - 04:41 PM

Well, I tried it just now and it works just fine. As you said, you just need to replace the main.scm file with this one. But, are you sure you're doing it correctly? It's supposed to not do anything, but prompt you back to the saving panel, as it says in this quote of Demarest describing how the tool works.

This tool will pass all Unique Jumps for you. Load up your game and you will shortly be prompted to save. Now swap your files back and load the game you just saved to continue playing, but with all Unique Jumps completed.

Strange enough, when I tried it on a save that had (most probably, didn't check) no Unique Jumps passed at all, I got a message popping up on the screen something like a Unique Stunt Bonus - 10.000$ reward. Besides, if it still won't work, it might be because you're using the Steam version of the game; and don't quote me on this, but I'm not sure if this is supposed to work on the Steam version at all, nor any other of Demarest's tools. Have you tried other tools to see if they work? Remember that back when Demarest did these tools the game wasn't made for Steam yet.

Spuds725
  • Spuds725

Party Animal

• United-States
  • Contribution Award [GTAF]

Posted 18 June 2013 - 12:27 AM

If I am recalling correctly-- Timevault is the only code tool that I know for sure works with steam saves---

I do recall an issue on PC (disk) with one of the other code tools-- Ancestral Recall---

I copied this from the download database-- something you can maybe try--- perhaps something in the save file is making it hang up.

**************Special Note for Ancestral recall, for some reason certain saves have made ancestral recall not start scrolling what is left (not sure what is causing this), Spuds has discovered a work around when this happens... simply put your original main.scm back in place, start any task (example paramedic), immediately quit it and then save your game. Put the ancestral.scm back in the main.scm's place again (like you did above), reload the new save and it should work*****************

nightwalker83
  • nightwalker83

Don't mind me

• Members

Posted 18 June 2013 - 04:56 AM Edited by nightwalker83, 19 June 2013 - 05:54 AM.

QUOTE (miromiro @ Tuesday, Jun 18 2013, 03:11)
Strange enough, when I tried it on a save that had (most probably, didn't check) no Unique Jumps passed at all, I got a message popping up on the screen something like a Unique Stunt Bonus - 10.000$ reward. Besides, if it still won't work, it might be because you're using the Steam version of the game; and don't quote me on this, but I'm not sure if this is supposed to work on the Steam version at all, nor any other of Demarest's tools. Have you tried other tools to see if they work? Remember that back when Demarest did these tools the game wasn't made for Steam yet.

Well, I have tried the mission passer mod and the one to get all 100 hidden packages and they both work as expected.

Edit:

I tried it just then and it passed all the unique jumps! I have no clue as to why it didn't work before.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users