Photo

Demarest's VC Code Tools

152 replies to this topic
Spuds725
  • Spuds725

Party Animal

• United-States

Posted 16 March 2009 - 07:24 PM

I don't care how, if you have it please email it to me.... (PM sent)

hotwheels83
  • hotwheels83

im the richest boy on earth

• Members

Posted 17 March 2009 - 07:55 AM

i found it on another site which hosted demarests code tools but i forgot the site because i wasnt on my pc i went to a public pc so i will give the site name to you people tomorrow

Spuds725
  • Spuds725

Party Animal

• United-States

Posted 18 March 2009 - 12:27 AM Edited by Spuds725, 18 March 2009 - 12:29 AM.

If you can still locate the original zipped file, then I appreciate it...

That being said,

GOOD NEWS I've got a copy of the ancestral.scm file.... I don't have a copy of the american.gxt file nor do I know what it even does-- I'm assuming something, or Demarest would not have included it....

I'm still testing it a bit to see if i have version one or version two-- I loaded it up and loaded each of my saves-- it worked on most of them. One of them was at 48% and it did not start scrolling what was left. Another one was someone that was stuck at 99% that we could not find out what was missing... so it could have either not worked on it or it found nothing left... it did work on the other saves... started scrolling through what was left... it worked on Steve's save too (he posted his the other day and it showed cone crazy and RC raider pickup)....

After I figure out what issues it may have, I'll rehost it with the other code tools--

Big Thanks to HerrieM (a member here) who sent me the file-- an interesting story how I located and contacted him....

I searched on google today and found a posting on a Dutch GTA site by HerrieM... it was in dutch... but clearly mentioned ancestral recall... I copied the post and ran it through babelfish (translator) and read that he had used it to help somone figure out what was left with-- this was a few years ago... I checked to see his last post there and found he was still active... so I joined that site (registered) and sent him a PM... I used babelfish to translate my post to dutch (apparently not very good)....

Anyway, after doing that-- I seemed to think HerrieM's name sounded familiar to me... so searched here and sure enough, he was a member here... and his last post was recent (and in english)... he had the same name and birthday on both sites so I was pretty sure it was him. I PMed him here and he emailed me the .scm file a little while ago (minus the gxt file he could not find)- he pointed out that babelfish did not do a good job translating english to dutch...

"Thats my story and I'm sticking to it..."

Spuds...

Ryan
  • Ryan

Ginga Ninja

• Canada

Posted 18 March 2009 - 12:35 AM

Thats quite the story there Spuds.

Ever since that guy said he found it on another site I've seen searching, and searching trying to find it but I never had any luck. I'm glad to hear you found it, or atleast part of it. icon14.gif

Spuds725
  • Spuds725

Party Animal

• United-States

Posted 18 March 2009 - 03:34 AM

if its out there, its named something else or it has some type of "google" shield around that site wink.gif .. most of what I found on google was leading back here...

I have another line on it-- another member here who used it a while back and is still active... I PMed him but haven't heard back yet...

I'll possilby email Herrie back and ask for his american.gxt file if he still has it (the SCM was on his old PC)-- according to Demarest's archive site, the american.gxt file only has to switched once... it can be use with or without ancestral recall--- just the ancestral.scm has to be switched with the main.scm to turn it off or on... note you cannot save with ancestral loaded... you can start a new game but you don't want to do that... game started cycling through what was left but fading in and out and I couldn't do anything.... had to end in task manager...

I really wonder what it is for?? Since it seems to work without it??

flicko
  • flicko

-

• Members

Posted 18 March 2009 - 09:58 AM

Awesome work, Spuds!! icon14.gif

It will sure feel good to add it to the Downloads Database. Now, if only you could locate the whole package... sly.gif

GTArv
  • GTArv

#

• Members

Posted 18 March 2009 - 12:01 PM

Nice one Spuds, quite an effort to acquire the elusive Ancestral Recall. I'm looking forward to fooling around with Dem's Code Tools later.

GXT files store the in-game text, such as names of vehicles, locations, mission titles, sub-titles, etc. Most of the text from the GXT that Ancestral Recall requires is already present ie; the mission titles. I'm guessing that the GXT file that came with the package contains additional items required by AR, such as the strings "Hidden Packages" and "Rampages". Would it be possible to add the SCM to the database? Cheers.

Spuds725
  • Spuds725

Party Animal

• United-States

Posted 18 March 2009 - 01:27 PM Edited by Spuds725, 18 March 2009 - 01:31 PM.

I'll rehost it shortly- but like you pointed out, it's gonna likely be missing stuff without the gxt file.

//edit//

done

http://www.freewebs....5/ancestral.scm

kishin888
  • kishin888

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 February 2010 - 02:37 PM

where can i download the wonder lust?

nils1994
  • nils1994

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 October 2010 - 02:10 AM

*removing the 5cm dust off this topic*
well uh...i cant load my old savegame with timevault enabled, neither can i load a newly created game with the normal main.scm later.
anyone got any advice? are mods like DMagic Wheel Mod a problem?

QwertyAAA
  • QwertyAAA

Ceci n'est pas une pipe, c'est le logo de Rockstar

• Members

Posted 24 October 2010 - 02:34 AM

Any scm alteration implies savegame incompatibility.

radioman
  • radioman

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 24 October 2010 - 05:55 AM

QUOTE (nils1994 @ Oct 23 2010, 21:10)
well uh...i cant load my old savegame with timevault enabled, neither can i load a newly created game with the normal main.scm later.

Do you have any other .scm mods besides TimeVault? If so, then that's the problem, as Dems' code tools were only created to work along with the ORIGINAL Main.scm file. If you start a game with the Original main.scm, save and then load that save with Dem's Timevault code tool, it WILL work-I have used this many times in III, VC, and his Mission Passer's code tool in SA, so I as well as many others have tested this thing out many times, so it does work as long as you do not try to use Time Vault on another Main.scm created save that was not created using any of Dem's code tools-Dem's code tools are only designed to work with his other code tools AND the Original game files. Hope this helps.

nils1994
  • nils1994

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 October 2010 - 12:15 PM

QUOTE (radioman @ Oct 24 2010, 05:55)
QUOTE (nils1994 @ Oct 23 2010, 21:10)

Do you have any other .scm mods besides TimeVault? If so, then that's the problem, as Dems' code tools were only created to work along with the ORIGINAL Main.scm file. If you start a game with the Original main.scm, save and then load that save with Dem's Timevault code tool, it WILL work-I have used this many times in III, VC, and his Mission Passer's code tool in SA, so I as well as many others have tested this thing out many times, so it does work as long as you do not try to use Time Vault on another Main.scm created save that was not created using any of Dem's code tools-Dem's code tools are only designed to work with his other code tools AND the Original game files. Hope this helps.

the problem was a corrupted main.scm.
found a backup file somewhere else, then it worked

podman36
  • podman36

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 November 2010 - 09:19 PM

i have no idea how to use this i downloaded it and placed it in my gta vice city user files. i cant open it when i double click it it says to open this file windows needs to know what program you want to use to open it. Can someone help?

radioman
  • radioman

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 05 November 2010 - 09:30 PM

QUOTE (podman36 @ Nov 5 2010, 16:19)
i have no idea how to use this i downloaded it and placed it in my gta vice city user files. i cant open it when i double click it it says to open this file windows needs to know what program you want to use to open it. Can someone help?

It does not go in the User Files Folder-it goes in the *install directory*/data folder. It is an main.scm file. All you do is back-up your Original main.scm file by renaming to something like mainORIGINAL.scm and put the timevault .scm file in that folder. Load the game, use it to pass any mission(s) you want, then save, go back to that folder and rename the TimeVault main.scm to something like mainTIMEVAULT.scm and change the name of the original .scm file back to main.scm and go on to resume your game. By default, the install directory is: C://program files/rockstar games/GTA Vice City.

Demerest has explained how to use it very well in the TimeVault topic, imo. Just a heads up..

podman36
  • podman36

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 November 2010 - 10:32 PM

I cant find the install directory/data folder. I have vista where should it be? Im not very computer savy sorry and I did read his explanation I just dont get where install directory data folder is located

radioman
  • radioman

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 06 November 2010 - 07:09 AM

QUOTE (podman36 @ Nov 5 2010, 17:32)
I cant find the install directory/data folder. I have vista where should it be? Im not very computer savy sorry and I did read his explanation I just dont get where install directory data folder is located

The last sentence of my last post, I listed the Default location-and I used my Vista Desktop to get the exact location. If you used the Default install(on the C drive), go to Start, Computer, Double click on the C drive icon, then click on the Program files icon, look for a folder called Rockstar Games, then click that, then click on the folder that says Grand Theft Auto Vice City, and look for a folder called Data, then click that and the main.scm is inside there. Hope this helps.

podman36
  • podman36

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 November 2010 - 02:10 PM

Big problem with that is I have steam game so there is no rockstar games folder. Ive been looking on web for any Gta vice city steam saved games and so far I cant find any.

Spuds725
  • Spuds725

Party Animal

• United-States

Posted 06 November 2010 - 06:06 PM

Here is a way to get there directly on vista... (should be the same or very similar on windows 7)

Click start...

You should have text box at the very bottom that says in faded letters (start search).... click on that box and type: main.scm

It should find it in a few seconds... right click on the file and select "open file location"

that will open a new window with the correct folder...

HTH

podman36
  • podman36

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 November 2010 - 12:28 AM

found it but how do i use timevault on it im really confused confused.gif i read all the explanations is there any videos on how to?

podman36
  • podman36

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 November 2010 - 12:46 AM

OK so I renamed it to mainORIGINAL.scm put it in data vault along with time zone load up game and im still on the same mission i was on last time...

radioman
  • radioman

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 07 November 2010 - 07:38 AM

QUOTE (podman36 @ Nov 6 2010, 19:46)
OK so I renamed it to mainORIGINAL.scm put it in data vault along with time zone load up game and im still on the same mission i was on last time...

With TimeVault in place, you MUST walk into the pink mission sphere to start the mission, but instead of seeing a cutscene, it will just warp you back a little and you will see "Mission Passed...." come up. OR in the case of missions that are initiated by the "R3"key-capslock on PC, you have to enter the mission vehicle and press the mission start key to start(pass) it with timevault. Hope this helps.

podman36
  • podman36

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 November 2010 - 04:24 AM

I have done all the steps and its still not working. I have no idea if this is a problem with my version of the game or the mod itself

Dipto
  • Dipto

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 January 2012 - 01:21 PM

I couldn't acces the site he links to "tfads.com",It says that a licence problem has occured.How can I download his mods?

miromiro
  • miromiro

Time Killa™

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 07 January 2012 - 01:23 PM

Take a look at this topic, most of the links have been re-hosted. smile.gif

thecinefiction
  • thecinefiction

waiting GTA V...

• Members

Posted 05 July 2012 - 09:05 AM Edited by thecinefiction, 07 July 2012 - 11:59 AM.

QUOTE (Demarest @ Tuesday, Aug 9 2005, 01:47)
What are Code Tools? - Code mods that are made to work on or with your existing save game.

How do I use them? - Save your current game. Backup your /data/main.scm by renaming it to something like mainORIGINAL.scm. Now put the SCM file from the Tool's ZIP into your data folder and rename it to main.scm like the original was. Load up your game. Most code tools will alter your save automatically and prompt you to save. Save your game (preferably into a different slot than it was loaded from). Now rename the SCM to whatever tool it is (or delete it) and rename your backup back to main.scm like it originally was. Load your save you just made and continue playing as you would.

What makes Code Tools so special? - First and foremost, because they are designed to work with your existing game, something previously thought next to impossible and/or worthless. Also, there are SOME things that trainers aren't made to do that some of the tools can.

THE CURRENT COLLECTION OF VC CODE TOOLS

Uniquecall v1 - Does everything from telling you WHICH Unique Jumps you're missing, to assisting you in studying the inner workings of each one.
user posted image

Ancestral Recall v1 - MANY people get stuck on 99% and wonder what they have left. It doesn't matter if you're at 99% or started a new game. This mod will take your existing save game and tell you what all else you need to complete to get 100%.

Time Vault - Replaces Save N Play. Simply play your original game until you can't go any further, load up Time Vault, use it to pass the ones you can't, go back to the original game and play on. No more searching for host or waiting for your game back.
updated 03 Sept 05. Updated to credit you for the 3 Unique Jumps during G-Spotlight. updated 04 Sept 05. Updated to remove car list completer into a separate mod that's far more flexible. (2nd pic is now of Solarbond) updated 20 Sept 05. Updated so that Time Vault will now INSTANTLY pass any Rampage you start with it as well as credit you with any Unique Jump you start with it, whether you meet the pass criteria or not. updated 22 Feb 06. Updated so that Time Vault will also increment your Rampage stat if used to pass a Rampage.
Updated 03 Sept 05. The VC Code Tools system prior to that included batch files and had instructions that were meant to be easier, but caused more confusion. From this point on, the VC Code Tools will be like the GTA3 ones where the user will do all the file swapping manually to keep it simple.

There´s bug in An Old Friend (in Time Vault):

If you skip (or go into sphere pink) that mission, you noticed that have marker "pink" in your radar which it isnt supposting to be on. confused.gif

I will put mirror link for fixed script. (probably I noticed very late that Demarest is not active anymore)

//NOTE FROM VC Forum Ledby-- Spuds725//

I would click on the above link with caution-- mediafire seems kind of like a suspicious site- any site that has popups that defeat a a good popup blocker make me suspect of them... I would be concerned about malware.... the hosting site may be perfectly fine-- that and the absence of any major issues with timevault after this amount of time are making me wary

Spuds725
  • Spuds725

Party Animal

• United-States

Posted 07 July 2012 - 02:11 AM

@thecinefiction....

You are new here (just the one post)-- I don't know you so I want further info..... so please explain to me in detail the issue with timevault that you think needs fixing....

I have used the currently hosted version to complete a game to 100%-- I experienced no issues that I recall other then the know bugs with money pickups for the boat yard and printworks....

To tell you the truth, I was afraid to click the download link at mediafire to check out your hosted file.... any reason you couldn't host the timevault.scm file uncompressed and at a less "spammy" site?

thecinefiction
  • thecinefiction

waiting GTA V...

• Members

Posted 07 July 2012 - 11:59 AM Edited by thecinefiction, 07 July 2012 - 12:55 PM.

QUOTE (Spuds725 @ Saturday, Jul 7 2012, 02:11)
@thecinefiction....

You are new here (just the one post)-- I don't know you so I want further info..... so please explain to me in detail the issue with timevault that you think needs fixing....

I have used the currently hosted version to complete a game to 100%--  I experienced no issues that I recall other then the know bugs with money pickups for the boat yard and printworks....

To tell you the truth, I was afraid to click the download link at mediafire to check out your hosted file....  any reason you couldn't host the timevault.scm file uncompressed and at a less "spammy" site?

Yes, its a truth. When i post link, because i was helping someone or for everyone and i think rehosted or hosted to mediafire. Sorry for that... I was fixing or fixed timevault because there´s problem: marker should be removed in after An Old Friend (you can see in your radar). confused.gif

Sorry for Confusion and I will remove that link.

It´s not virus smile.gif

In G-Spotlight, should not skip because theres three unique jumps required to get 100% completion.

My apologizes for re-host or upload to mediafire. (which i didnt know mediafire has popups, sorry, im new)

Spuds725
  • Spuds725

Party Animal

• United-States

Posted 09 July 2012 - 12:14 PM Edited by Spuds725, 09 July 2012 - 12:25 PM.

Sorry if I came across in a negative way... just trying to protect members...

I did check some site advisor sites and there was nothing wrong with mediafire that I could find--- the .rar file did make me nervous too....

Regarding that file-- no I never noticed the icon still there.

Regarding the jumps... Demarest did update it so it credits you with the G-spotlight jumps.... look at your Demarest quoted text in your first post....
Updated to credit you for the 3 Unique Jumps during G-Spotlight. updated 04 Sept 05
. It is possible that the version of Timevault I have hosted does not do this though...

Spuds

nightwalker83
  • nightwalker83

Don't mind me

• Members

Posted 17 June 2013 - 09:13 AM

Wanderlust doesn't appear to work? I have renamed it to main.scm and loaded the game but nothing changes.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users