Photo

Demarest's VC Code Tools

152 replies to this topic
Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 09 June 2007 - 03:15 PM

QUOTE (Ring_of_Fire @ Jun 9 2007, 01:24)
If one wants to start a new game all over by themselves, then one has to remember about restoring back the original [.scm] file.

I'll handle the PR for the Code Tools series, thanks. Will save the repeated misinformation. Uniquecall, for example, is a level III Darkpactor. This means a person can just as easily start a brand new game with it.

Ring_of_Fire
  • Ring_of_Fire

Glitching is fun!

• Members

Posted 09 June 2007 - 03:57 PM

I have not had a problem with Unique Call. The purpose of me using Time Vault is to to redo a mission that I liked. But now everytime when I reached that point, I have to restore the original file (can't try to restore it while during gameplay because it's already in memory).

Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 09 June 2007 - 04:07 PM

Restoring the original SCM when finished with the Code Tool is in the opening posts instructions. My last post was addressing your false statement that one must always replace the SCM to start a new game. Please stop spamming a pinned topic.

cthomp
  • cthomp

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 July 2007 - 09:40 PM

Thanks very much for this mod. I'd been stalled for days on Demolition Man.

Spuds725
  • Spuds725

Party Animal

• United-States
  • Contribution Award [GTAF]

Posted 25 August 2007 - 04:55 PM

Since Dem has apparently taken down his site, (link is dead)... thread is now unpinned... if he decides to put it back up then this thread will be re-pinned.

Spuds...

Justin
  • Justin

have a cigar

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 August 2007 - 11:49 PM Edited by Fuzzy Juzzy, 25 August 2007 - 11:54 PM.

QUOTE (Spuds725 @ Aug 26 2007, 02:55)
Since Dem has apparently taken down his site, (link is dead)... thread is now unpinned... if he decides to put it back up then this thread will be re-pinned.

Spuds...

confused.gif

Highly unlikely, but did anyone manage to get a full site rip?

Dem, I know you'll read this, and for the good guys, please return your site to its original state. There was a goldmine of information there and it's a shame to lose it all.

I think I've got most of the Code Tools - probably early versions - stored on an old hard drive that I'll try to dig up and share for anyone still interested.

[EDIT] Archived. I'm on 56k at the moment (don't ask), but I'll be sure to download the site's contents as soon as I get my hands on something half-decent. I don't know Archive.org's policy on how long they keep stored content... It'd be better sooner than later I would think to grab it while its available.

Spuds725
  • Spuds725

Party Animal

• United-States

Posted 26 August 2007 - 08:13 PM

Wow awesome site-- never knew it existed-- I just checked some old sites from 5 to 9 years ago and they were still up and they are definitely down now... so I would not worry about it still being there---

Distributing Dem's work might fall under the no Warez rule here.... but getting it off there is kind of a gray area--- is it considered the public domain now??

Justin
  • Justin

have a cigar

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 August 2007 - 09:03 PM

I have no idea about the legalities of it, or whether it's considered 'correct' to do such a thing, but I've gone ahead and downloaded all the files that were available (unfortunately a Code Tool here or there went missing but I should be able to get the lot eventually).

As for distributing them, I'd probably leave this topic unpinned since it's rather clear that Demarest doesn't want his work to continue to be available. That said, if anyone wants a specific tool/mod of his, it can't hurt for me to say I'll be available via PM... I mean, his work is essentially unrivaled and it's too big a shame to see it down the drain in an instant.

mc_tammer
  • mc_tammer

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 November 2007 - 04:49 AM

Hey, everyone, I'm new here and I've got a question regarding the TimeVault, namely, can anyone point me in the direction of a complete copy? I noticed that the original site that everyone links to is gone, and so is a mirror site I found somewhere else. The Internet Archive's backup of the page only lets me download 80% of the file and then dies. It's so frustrating! Anyway, if anyone could hook me up with this marvelous tool, I'd really appreciate it!

VCHolmes
  • VCHolmes

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 09 November 2007 - 11:28 AM

@mc_tammer :

http://web.archive.o...m/vccode/tools/
After the download finishes, open it with Windows Zipped Folders, not with Winzip or WinRAR. Extract the SCM and it should work.

mc_tammer
  • mc_tammer

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 November 2007 - 12:30 AM

@VCHolmes - Thanks so much! It works perfectly! biggrin.gif

Maniac91
  • Maniac91

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 December 2007 - 06:06 AM

Hey Demarest, your site doesn' t load.....
can you add an alternate link to your code tools....
Nice job though... icon14.gif

Justin
  • Justin

have a cigar

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 December 2007 - 07:15 AM

QUOTE (Maniac91 @ Dec 14 2007, 17:06)
Hey Demarest, your site doesn' t load.....
can you add an alternate link to your code tools....
Nice job though... icon14.gif

Use the Wayback Machine to find a functioning archive of the site, and be sure to experiment with different archive openers (WinZIP, WinRAR, Windows' default compressed file opener, etc.) when accessing the files.

pdescobar
  • pdescobar

Conformist Scum Panda

• Members

Posted 14 December 2007 - 07:15 AM

Look up. VCHolmes' post 2 above yours has a link to the Internet Archive which has most (but not all) of these tools.

EDIT: Bah, I was Fuzzied. tounge.gif

jeya
  • jeya

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 31 March 2008 - 09:49 PM

http://web.archive.o...m/vccode/tools/

The Time Vault Tool is not getting un zipped. can anyone try and confirm? when i unzip it says : Unknown file format or file damaged

Jeya

GTArv
  • GTArv

#

• Members

Posted 01 April 2008 - 10:48 AM

Open the file with Windows' Zipped Folders, not with Winzip, WinRAR, or any other third party apps.

jeya
  • jeya

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 April 2008 - 11:14 AM

QUOTE (GTArv @ Apr 1 2008, 10:48)
Open the file with Windows' Zipped Folders, not with Winzip, WinRAR, or any other third party apps.

i couldnt do that. im using windows vista. please help me. can u please upload the SCM file only without zipping and send me the link? itll be greatfull

thanks

Spuds725
  • Spuds725

Party Animal

• United-States

Posted 01 April 2008 - 08:41 PM

PM sent

It should work but I don't believe Dem ever tested timevault on Vista.

jeya
  • jeya

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 April 2008 - 08:46 PM

thanks alot. i think there is a problem with that zipped file. admin, please reupload that file so future members wont have any trouble.

thanks

addyrocks
  • addyrocks

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 April 2008 - 04:09 PM

QUOTE (Demarest @ Aug 10 2005, 02:32)
wolf is right. I originally put it in gameplay because that's where people ask such questions that Ancestral would answer. The others are in fact cheats. I was originally planning on making them just point out which jumps were missing for example and thought I might get heckled for not just passing them. So I had intended on making both and started with the completer because frankly, it's easier.

I'll have the universal Mission Passer released soon enough. At that time, I'll have all such cheats mods in one thread in cheats and the gameplay ones in gameplay. For now, if nobody objects, I'd prefer it left in gameplay as Ancestral is the show stealer here IMO because it does what trainers can't.

it says it is a bad zip file sad.gif

please reply on [email protected]

gtamodder
  • gtamodder

• Members

Posted 09 April 2008 - 05:15 PM

QUOTE (addyrocks @ Apr 9 2008, 16:09)
QUOTE (Demarest @ Aug 10 2005, 02:32)
wolf is right. I originally put it in gameplay because that's where people ask such questions that Ancestral would answer. The others are in fact cheats. I was originally planning on making them just point out which jumps were missing for example and thought I might get heckled for not just passing them. So I had intended on making both and started with the completer because frankly, it's easier.

I'll have the universal Mission Passer released soon enough. At that time, I'll have all such cheats mods in one thread in cheats and the gameplay ones in gameplay. For now, if nobody objects, I'd prefer it left in gameplay as Ancestral is the show stealer here IMO because it does what trainers can't.

it says it is a bad zip file sad.gif

please reply on [email protected]

Extract with windows compressed folder, if you are trying to with WinRar.

addyrocks
  • addyrocks

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 April 2008 - 03:52 AM

QUOTE (Demarest @ Jun 5 2007, 03:37)
QUOTE (Demarest @ Aug 8 2005, 20:47)
How do I use them? - Save your current game. Backup your /data/main.scm by renaming it to something like mainORIGINAL.scm. Now put the SCM file from the Tool's ZIP into your data folder and rename it to main.scm like the original was. Load up your game. Most code tools will alter your save automatically and prompt you to save. Save your game (preferably into a different slot than it was loaded from). Now rename the SCM to whatever tool it is (or delete it) and rename your backup back to main.scm like it originally was. Load your save you just made and continue playing as you would.

This is from the very first post confused.gif I crossed out part that doesn't apply to Time Vault, but there it is in a nutshell.

@ROF: You don't have to close VC. On load of a save in any GTA, it loads the SCM at that time as well. Also, I wouldn't ever tell somebody to delete a file they're supposed to be preserving.

how do i activate shatter storm v1?

GrimReaperz
  • GrimReaperz

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 May 2008 - 10:21 AM Edited by GrimReaperz, 04 May 2008 - 10:57 AM.

Hey would anyone be able to send me Time Vault?

It doesn't want to download

Don't worry about it anymore it decided to download

Maniac91
  • Maniac91

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 June 2008 - 09:31 AM

If u hav winRar, open tools, repair achive and save as .zip file.

haroon132
  • haroon132

GTA Fan

• Members

Posted 06 March 2009 - 08:16 PM

This Links are not working any more can somebody please send me the alternative links to this vc code tools or email me at [email protected]

Spuds725
  • Spuds725

Party Animal

• United-States

Posted 06 March 2009 - 11:03 PM

Check the Downloads database thread (pinned).... other then ANcestral recall, the other code tools are there...

flicko
  • flicko

-

• Members

Posted 07 March 2009 - 01:50 PM

QUOTE (Spuds725 @ Mar 6 2009, 23:03)
Check the Downloads database thread (pinned).... other then ANcestral recall, the other code tools are there...

Damn that blasted Ancestral Recall! tounge.gif

If anybody does have it lying around though, be sure to let us know. icon14.gif

hotwheels83
  • hotwheels83

im the richest boy on earth

• Members

Posted 16 March 2009 - 11:36 AM

Flicko and Spuds725 look closely at the link and then click it after that scroll down until you find ancestral recall
i used it about a month ago and tried it about 2 hours ago so it will 100% work right now
please check it yourself and it will come barf8bd.gif

flicko
  • flicko

-

• Members

Posted 16 March 2009 - 11:50 AM

I'm not too sure what you mean. The Code Tool in the link on the first post of this topic is no longer in archive, and is not available for download. How did you manage to use it about a month ago? Have you got it lying around somewhere?

Ryan
  • Ryan

Ginga Ninja

• Canada
  • Best Forum Ledby 2011
    Best Forum Ledby 2010
    GTANet Contribution Award
    GTANet Helpfulness Award

Posted 16 March 2009 - 12:04 PM

Yeah, if you go the the site that has all the tools on it (VC Code Tools) and click on Ancestral Recall to download it, you simpley get this error message.

How have you managed to download it and use it. Please explain. monocle.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users