Party Animal

• United-States

Posted 05 December 2005 - 03:27 AM

QUOTE (mantidor @ Dec 4 2005, 08:26)
GOOD MORNING DEMAREST..
  I SAW AT ONE POINT YOU HADE WHAT
  YOU CALLED A "NORTHERN LIGHT"
  THIS CODE WAS USED TO FIND PACKAGES AND RAMPAGE ICONS... IT WAS A GLOWING
LIGHT WHICH BEAMED SKYWARD.. I CAN'T SEEM TO FIND THAT ONE.. WHERE IS IT AND HOW CAN I USE IT ?
      THANKS, MIKE

Just because Dems done the most mods, people think he's done the best ones... wink.gif

YOu will find it in the PC section. Pinned.

Useful Mods

That mod is there as well as a variaton of it (a few posts down) done by Wolf....

Please try to drop the ALL CAPS-- its like you are shouting at us....

Spuds

Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 December 2005 - 04:26 AM

Lol. I've hardly done the most, though my collection is quite large. I will admit that I've focused on modding to fix/support the gameplay community more than any other by way of my code fixes, Code Tools, and extensive efforts towards savegame compatibility.

mtchbx20rol
  • mtchbx20rol

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 February 2006 - 04:16 AM

Hey guys...

Wondering if ya could help me.......

I have already completed the rampages but my save file got corrupt so I am using the time vault to do them again. I have completed 5 of the 36 rampages. Everything I do more it stays at 5 of 35? Any ideas?

Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 February 2006 - 07:40 AM

Well I thought I'd look into this for you...

I tried it out myself and you are correct. So I looked into the code and there is NO code for setting the rampages passed stat. Since GTA3, the Rampages have been a function of the engine. I'm guessing that the engine automatically adds to that stat when it reaches rampage_status of passed. Which can only be done by fulfilling the quota. The quota is actually set when you first start a new game, so there's no real way to alter that.

HOWEVER, the Rampage routine checks/sets all pickups between two wait states. That means I'm clear to alter the offsets in that section as much as I want so long as I make everything addresswise between waits line up still so that your save's Rampage thread pointer remains intact from save to save. This wasn't hard at all, so I made Time Vault assing all Rampages as having a target of 0 objects. This coupled with the negated status check Time Vault already had, and you have a Code Tool that will pass Rampages more smoothly as well as update your stat for you cool.gif

Updated version uploaded. Just take your save prior to using Time Vault to doing your Rampages and use this new Time Vault to do your Rampages. Otherwise, you'll have to live with a broken stat. Even if that's the case, you will still achieve 100% without issue.

slideways
  • slideways

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 March 2006 - 11:48 PM

how do i use it? i read the "demarest's VC Code Tools" thread but i still am confused on how to use time vault

Spuds725
  • Spuds725

Party Animal

• United-States

Posted 07 March 2006 - 01:46 AM

This should help you....

QUOTE (Demarest @ Aug 11 2005, 00:02)

[b]How do I use them?
- Save your current game. Backup your /data/main.scm by renaming it to something like mainORIGINAL.scm. Now put the SCM file from the Tool's ZIP into your data folder and rename it to main.scm like the original was. Load up your game. Most code tools will alter your save automatically and prompt you to save. Save your game (preferably into a different slot than it was loaded from). Now rename the SCM to whatever tool it is (or delete it) and rename your backup back to main.scm like it originally was. Load your save you just made and continue playing as you would.

I merged your question with this thread.... and I essentially PMed you the above directions... having never used it, I can't tell you how easy it is to actually do it...

If you can't still use it, post EXACTLY what you are doing and maybe someone can tell you what you are doing wrong...

Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 27 March 2006 - 05:20 AM

Added No Army. No Army is a Code Tool that makes sure the military never spawns around Fort Baxter. From gathering hidden packages uninterrupted to recovering your favorite hardware from the base, the applications are fairly obvious. Enjoy.

Ashman23
  • Ashman23

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 May 2006 - 01:21 AM

Thanks so much for these tools. I've been stuck on Dildo dodo forever so timevault has been excellent. tounge.gif

striker2511
  • striker2511

STRIKE EM OUT!!

• Members

Posted 10 July 2006 - 01:30 AM

do i just replace the code vault.scm and put tht in main.scm place? if nto how? and how do i use it? you should make a readme./.

Justin
  • Justin

have a cigar

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 July 2006 - 01:33 AM Edited by Fuzzy Juzzy, 10 July 2006 - 01:37 AM.

Yes, and there is a readme.

In future, if you've got a question for someone, PM them rather than making an entire topic.

[EDIT] Binned the duplicate topics and merged with relevant topic.

Cyril hanna
  • Cyril hanna

HO HO HO

• Members

Posted 07 September 2006 - 07:16 AM

hello i downloaded the wanderlust.scm and did everything u said.But when i load my game it doesn't do anything.Help

thx

Justin
  • Justin

have a cigar

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 September 2006 - 07:23 AM

QUOTE (Cyril hanna @ Sep 7 2006, 17:16)
hello i downloaded the wanderlust.scm and did everything u said.But when i load my game it doesn't do anything.

Both of those statements cannot be correct.

Chances are something did happen. Save, swap back to the original SCM and load up. Then check your stats to see your unique jumps completed... wink.gif

Otherwise, go over the instructions once more. You'll have missed something.

radioman
  • radioman

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 23 September 2006 - 04:02 AM

Hey Demarest, your Oriflamme code tool for Vice City is not working, I keep getting an 404 Error message when trying to download it and it's been down for a while-I kept forgetting to mention it. Great Job with the vice city code tools, and thank you for updating the time vault for GTA 3.

Justin
  • Justin

have a cigar

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 September 2006 - 04:07 AM

QUOTE (radioman @ Sep 23 2006, 14:02)
Hey Demarest, your Oriflamme code tool for Vice City is not working, I keep getting an 404 Error message when trying to download it and it's been down for a while-I kept forgetting to mention it. Great Job with the vice city code tools, and thank you for updating the time vault for GTA 3.

True. But you'll notice every other VC Code Tool of Dem's has "v" and its respective version number after its name. Meaning a simple change of the URL to http://www.tfads.com...oriflammev1.zip gets you where you want to go. wink.gif

radioman
  • radioman

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 23 September 2006 - 04:13 AM

Thanks for the help Fuzzy Juzzy. Great Job with the quick reply. cool.gif

Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 23 September 2006 - 11:55 PM

Thanks Fuzzy for continuing to support the cause. Thank you radioman for continuing to find my mistakes. Yet another error fixed thanks to you xmas.gif

brady237
  • brady237

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 October 2006 - 09:30 AM

dude im a newbie...
i don't know where to put the time vault stuff???
cud u plz help me out

Justin
  • Justin

have a cigar

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 October 2006 - 09:46 AM

QUOTE (brady237 @ Oct 17 2006, 19:30)
dude im a newbie...
i don't know where to put the time vault stuff???
cud u plz help me out

Wrong topic mate. Time Vault belongs in the cheat Code Tools topic.

It's pretty simple. Dem's instructions are hard to better, so just read the topic (Time Vault's, linked above) again and you'll be as informed as you can be.

You do raise a point though. More of a question for Dem: This topic mentions BAT files. As far as I'm aware, the idea of BATs were replaced with SCMs at some stage in the past, so that particular instruction is false... Am I right, or am I missing something basic? Probably just a slight oversight from one of us.

DarthSlurpee
  • DarthSlurpee

Don of all Liars

• Members

Posted 17 February 2007 - 01:45 AM

Uh... I used Shatterstorm, and it worked, but it only gave me 93 packages... I was able to find another one, but I have no idea where the last 6 could be. They could be anywhere... What happened?

Ring_of_Fire
  • Ring_of_Fire

Glitching is fun!

• Members

Posted 30 May 2007 - 04:31 PM Edited by Ring_of_Fire, 30 May 2007 - 04:33 PM.

I don't know why that happened seeing as though a code tool is supposed to do whatever it takes to find every single package located in the game. Remember: we're talking about a code tool doing all of the searching, not a human player/gamer.

Anyway, did you try LithJoe's teleportation mod or Illspirit's hidden package finder (where all the lights show up in Vice City)? moto_whistle.gif

Yikes, didn't even saw the date of when he posted!

Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 May 2007 - 05:51 PM

Well, Shatterstorm was programmed as best as I could at that time. It warped you about to pick them all up. If it didn't register seven, one could always use it again in an attempt to grab them. This would however mean loading with original code and saving and then loading with Shatterstorm again.

Since then, I've not only thought of a way that would be faster AND more reliable at grabbing each and every one, but after having written Darkpact Level III and SA's Pillager, I could make it more user friendly with a progress bar and NOT having to shuffle in real code to use Code Tools in succession before or after it (I think).

jadawin
  • jadawin

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 June 2007 - 03:51 PM

i changed the scm files as instructed but how can i load up the Time Vault while i'm in the mission???

Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 02 June 2007 - 04:34 PM

Why would you create another topic? If you ask in the Time Vault thread, then the answer will help others with the same question in the future. Hopefully one of the led-bys will combine threads.

Whenever you start a new game or load a saved game, the game loads up whatever main.scm you have in place. If you have the Time Vault main.scm in place like you say, then when you load your save as instructed, you ARE using Time Vault. It's not meant to be any different from the regular game except that while Time Vault is loaded, you're not made to DO any missions; They are completed automatically for you. Once finished with it, go save your game. Swap the main.scm back to be the original one and load the save you just made so that you can continue the game normally.

jadawin
  • jadawin

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 June 2007 - 08:50 PM

:)incredible!!it's brilliant!!at last i skiped the "dildo dodo"thanks for the help its years i'm looking for such file like 'time vault' for GTA games!!sorry for the new topic i'm still pretty noob here smile.gif just register today..

yarub
  • yarub

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 June 2007 - 12:55 AM

Where do I put timevault?

Ring_of_Fire
  • Ring_of_Fire

Glitching is fun!

• Members

Posted 05 June 2007 - 02:21 AM

1. Place TimeVault here: C:\Program Files\Rockstar Games\Grand Theft Auto Vice City\data

2. Delete the main.scm file (and not main.sc!)

3. Rename TimeVault.scm to main.scm

4. Launch Vice City.

5. Load up save file and let it pass the missions for you automatically.

6. Save game.

7. Exit Vice City.

8. Go to Recycle Bin and click "Restore this item".

Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 June 2007 - 03:37 AM

QUOTE (Demarest @ Aug 8 2005, 20:47)
How do I use them? - Save your current game. Backup your /data/main.scm by renaming it to something like mainORIGINAL.scm. Now put the SCM file from the Tool's ZIP into your data folder and rename it to main.scm like the original was. Load up your game. Most code tools will alter your save automatically and prompt you to save. Save your game (preferably into a different slot than it was loaded from). Now rename the SCM to whatever tool it is (or delete it) and rename your backup back to main.scm like it originally was. Load your save you just made and continue playing as you would.

This is from the very first post confused.gif I crossed out part that doesn't apply to Time Vault, but there it is in a nutshell.

@ROF: You don't have to close VC. On load of a save in any GTA, it loads the SCM at that time as well. Also, I wouldn't ever tell somebody to delete a file they're supposed to be preserving.

Ring_of_Fire
  • Ring_of_Fire

Glitching is fun!

• Members

Posted 05 June 2007 - 02:30 PM

I had the feeling that people will begin to experience crashes later on in Vice City with a modded [.scm] file. For a cheater's sake, I guess they can keep the modded [.scm]. Interesting as the original [.scm] is way bigger in filesize than all of the modded [.scm] files!

Spuds725
  • Spuds725

Party Animal

• United-States

Posted 07 June 2007 - 09:27 PM

The code tools have been extensively tested-- any problems have been IDed and corrected-- if you or anyone finds any problems, I urge you to post them.

Ring_of_Fire
  • Ring_of_Fire

Glitching is fun!

• Members

Posted 09 June 2007 - 06:24 AM

If one wants to start a new game all over by themselves, then one has to remember about restoring back the original [.scm] file.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users