Photo

Demarest's VC Code Tools

152 replies to this topic
Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 28 August 2005 - 02:27 AM

Shatterstorm did NOT screw up your game. Why not instead describe what you did and what happened? If you used Shatterstorm AFTER Time Vault (or any code tool) it wouldn't work. You can't use any 2 code tools that require you to save back to back. You have to load your save with the original game and save with the original game in between tools.

@Spuds: Oooooh. I get it now blush.gif I honestly saw NO connection before, but now it's crystal clear. lol.gif I'm laughing at my one dunceski episode here.

@pactoens: No it doesn't. But that's an awesome idea. I will fix that now simply because it's almost impossible to do the mission WITHOUT pocketing them. I'll post back when the new version is available. You will receive credit for the "bug report" though smile.gif

Akuma.
  • Akuma.

Wow! I have posts!

• Members

Posted 28 August 2005 - 06:27 AM

My useless post..... Don't worry, fixed it, but I did do what was needed, someone had put in Spaceeinstiens all in one mod as my main.scm. Sorry Dem. .... it ended.

chenjx1983
  • chenjx1983

N.E.R.V

• Members

Posted 01 September 2005 - 07:16 AM Edited by chenjx1983, 01 September 2005 - 07:36 AM.

hi dem, i'm trying to do the SSA mission for someone in the SNP, and i tried to use the time vault, but it won't work for me, can you teach me how to use it?

ok, this is what i did:

i put the extracted file (in a folder called "VC code tools") in the game folder (F:\Rockstar Games\Grand Theft Auto Vice City, and contents in there are "time vault.bat" and a folder called scms). and i tried both double-click "time vault.bat" with or without the game running, and there is nothing happend except a black window (dos?) poping out and quickly disappear again - can not read what's in there. there is no new file generated, and when i re-entered the game nothing happened. did i do anything wrong?

ps: the save file that i used is the one that downloaded from the web, and SSA was already purchased and with one car one the list delievered - in your introduction you said i need to get myself killed to get the cars respawn (and i also need to purchase SSA again), and that didn't happen either.

btw: did mods affect the tools that you created?

edited:

ok dem, i've got another problem. so i forgot about the SSA mission because i can't figure out time vault last night right, so today i went to SNP again and tried to do the firefighter mission for another guy there. i downloaded his file, entered VC and found a fire truck, and, guess what happened - as soon as i hit "caps lock", i was told i've finished 12lv of firefighter missions. so, i would guess that i did load up time vault successfully yesterday, but somehow it didn't work for my SSA but worked for my firefighter missions - how do i get my game back to normal version? i didn't see a "vice city.bat" and i re-clicked "time vault.bat", but nothing happened.

Spuds725
  • Spuds725

Party Animal

• United-States

Posted 01 September 2005 - 07:50 AM Edited by Spuds725, 01 September 2005 - 07:55 AM.

I'm guessing Time vault may not have worked since you already had 1 car delivered??? Not sure..

Dem wrote fairly detailed instructions here.

You should have to move your original main.scm file back to its original location-- when you start VC and reload your game, it should be back to normal.

I'm assuming the Vice city.bat is supposed to do this for you. Perhaps it just moves them and doesn't rename the files-- if so, search your hard drive for "main.scm" and see if its in another location.

Alternately try searching for the vice city.bat file and running it if you find it.

Spuds

chenjx1983
  • chenjx1983

N.E.R.V

• Members

Posted 01 September 2005 - 12:32 PM

1 backup your /data/main.scm
2 put Tima Vault's main.scm into your /data/ folder
3 load your save game
4 start whatever misison you'd like passed
5 it tells you you passed the mission
6 repeat steps 4 and 5 as desired
7 save your game
8 delete the Time Vault main.scm
9 restore your backed up main.scm from step 1
10 load the game you saved with Time Vault and continue playing as you did before Time Vault

@dem

since you clearly explained the steps here, i should have not problem then. thx man.

Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 01 September 2005 - 01:09 PM

QUOTE (chenjx1983 @ Sep 1 2005, 03:16)
there is no new file generated, and when i re-entered the game nothing happened. did i do anything wrong?
Time Vault doesn't do anything visible until you start a mission. As stated, when it is loaded, it will pass any mission you start.

in your introduction you said i need to get myself killed to get the cars respawn (and i also need to purchase SSA again), and that didn't happen either.
No, I said that if you purchase SSA while Time Vault is loaded, you are thrown into a loop where the car are produced for you. If you should happen to die during THIS process, the cars will respawn and that this will remain true until you either complete all 4 lists and/or use a key combo to tell Time Vault you no longer want its assistance in that area.

This would be a good moment to mention that on my to do list is a Code Tool that is meant to satisfy the carlists even after SSA is purchased. It will mostly be just like it is in Time Vault. Time Vault can't do it because its nature is to only work when called upon whereas the average Code Tool begins working the moment you load it (that might've been your initial confusion).

My current to do list includes finishing Time Vault for GTA3, revamping the entire VC Code Tool set to be like the GTA3 set (manual install) because the batches have caused more confusion than the ease they were meant to bring. Also, Time Vault needs a slight update; I'd like to try and take a 2nd look at Pole Position and see if I can make it pass it straightaway and I also need to credit the user with the correct 3 Unique Jumps during G-Spotlight. Then of course a tool to allow you to finish the carlists at any time and not JUST when you purchase SSA. That WILL be a separate tool from Time Vault. Last but not least, CyQ recently informed me of something in GTA3 that can be abused in a way that I will be writing a Code Tool to load up your GTA3 save and tell you how long you've spent ingame already.

btw: did mods affect the tools that you created?
One could never answer such a question. I'm not familiar with every single mod out there. Generically speaking, the entire Code Tool concept is savegame compatibility with the original game. So if you have ANY code mods installed, you run the risk of incompatibility with the entire Code Tool set. There are exceptions, but to go into that is beyond the scope of Code Tools. The reason they're posted in the VC section is that they're not aimed at the modding community, but rather those playing the game that need either gameplay assistance or wish to cheat.

how do i get my game back to normal version? i didn't see a "vice city.bat" and i re-clicked "time vault.bat", but nothing happened.
First post has a link to the original SCM with batch. Grab that now because when I redo the set to eliminate the BAT files, I will not be hosting the original SCM any longer.

QUOTE (chenjx1983 @ Sep 1 2005, 08:32)
since you clearly explained the steps here, i should have not problem then. thx man.
cryani.gif I get IMed all the time for Time Vault help from people that didn't bother to read what's already been written. The BAT files were my fault. I will be eliminating them soon enough.

Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 September 2005 - 02:22 AM

OKAY! VC Code Tools have been revamped to no longer be automated through batch files, but instead go by the simply manual file swapping instructions given. Also, Time Vault has been updated to credit you for the 3 Unique Jumps during G-Spotlight when you use it to pass G-Spotlight. Last but not least, in light of chen's issue, I plan on making a separate Code Tool for completing the car lists at any time. When I do, I will be removing that feature from Time Vault. In all fairness, it WAS a separate tool from the beginning. I just got a little overzealous with the original release. To be corrected shortly.

@Spuds: The help thread should probably be killed. Also, I think it might be a good idea to tailor the thread to remove all confusion surrounding the batch files. Don't want future users to be met with the idea that Time Vault is complex to use when the cause of confusion has been eradicated. Any questions, let me know, but you the man. I'm sure whatever you decide will be appropriate colgate.gif

Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 September 2005 - 06:19 AM

OMG triple post! wow.gif

Brass City v1 is now released. If you haven't yet passed Shakedown, you can't buy assets like Sunshine Autos. Brass City unlocks all buyable assets AND gives you the $400g you need to buy them all. This will make the missions for them available from the beginning if you so desire. One thing to keep in mind though: Allowing Shakedown to unlock the buyable assets after Brass City has would have unpredictable results. Some might be fun, but others might crash the game or otherwise make it incompletable. For that reason, a 2nd SCM is included. You only need to use the 2nd one when you go to play Shakedown, though you can use it for the entire game. It's essentially exactly like the original game, but the unlock buyable assets routine has been taken out of Shakedown.

Spuds725
  • Spuds725

Party Animal

• United-States

Posted 04 September 2005 - 02:27 PM

QUOTE (Demarest @ Sep 3 2005, 21:22)

@Spuds: The help thread should probably be killed.

done--- let me know if anything should be done to clean up anything...

Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 September 2005 - 08:40 PM

Couple updates. Time Vault has had the car list passing routine taken out of it. Solarbond has now been released. Solarbond is essentially the car list generator mod, but can be used anytime after you already own Sunshine Autos.

chenjx1983
  • chenjx1983

N.E.R.V

• Members

Posted 05 September 2005 - 07:18 AM

QUOTE (Demarest @ Sep 5 2005, 09:40)
Couple updates. Time Vault has had the car list passing routine taken out of it. Solarbond has now been released. Solarbond is essentially the car list generator mod, but can be used anytime after you already own Sunshine Autos.

great job~now i don't have to run around and look for cars. cookie.gif cookie.gif

Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 September 2005 - 04:58 AM

This post has two purposes. One to express the joy I'm feeling. I look at the cheats forum and both Code Tools and SNP have gone over a week without posts. This tells me that Time Vault is in full swing and that it was VERY right of me to take out the batch file system that was tripping many people up. For that, I'd like to thank each and every person that expressed dismay with that system. Had you guys not shown me it was a problem, I wouldn't have known to remove it colgate.gif

Which leads me to the 2nd point of my post. I just wanted to encourage more feedback. If everything nice and smooth for you, maybe let everybody know. I'm sure there's people out there that have considered it, but might be reluctant because they understand that with "modding" they risk messing up their game. Or maybe you don't use Code Tools, but have a killer idea for one. Let me know! CyQ once devised a technique that allows SCM to alter the game's memory. Essentially this means that SCM can do most anything a trainer can do, but in game. Add that to the efforts I've made to maintain savegame compatibility and the sky's the limit. So feel free to share your ideas.

Note: I'm not yet experienced yet with CyQ's method but wish to begin knowing of the potential it holds.

Y_Less
  • Y_Less

• Members

Posted 13 September 2005 - 11:22 AM

I was just thinking about that the other day, it will be interesting to try figure out (I'm not familiar with it either), Dem, if you do tell me.

Nice tools btw, I don't think I've actually said that yet, congratulations on getting them so popular and easy to use.

why2me
  • why2me

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 September 2005 - 12:01 PM

I tried to use Ancestral REcall but it didnt load.
I replaced the american.gxt file in text folder and main.scm with ancestralrecall.scm in data folder but the game didnt load.

Is the procedure wrong........

Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 19 September 2005 - 01:36 PM

Yes. The instructions clearly say that ancestralrecall.scm has to be renamed to main.scm like the original was.

why2me
  • why2me

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 September 2005 - 05:03 PM

Well it doesnt tell the location opf the jump. Only indicate the "unique jumps".

Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 19 September 2005 - 08:56 PM

No kidding. The Tool that reveals which jumps is still being written. Hence my never saying there was yet a tool to do so. I always put forth extra effort to have as many useful features and as well written/tested as possible. I think this one in particular one would find impressive as it's already taught me something and i'm not even done with it yet. Your level of appreciation makes me swoon tounge.gif

Spuds725
  • Spuds725

Party Animal

• United-States

Posted 19 September 2005 - 09:19 PM

QUOTE (Demarest @ Sep 19 2005, 15:56)
No kidding. The Tool that reveals which jumps is still being written. Hence my never saying there was yet a tool to do so. I always put forth extra effort to have as many useful features and as well written/tested as possible. I think this one in particular one would find impressive as it's already taught me something and i'm not even done with it yet. Your level of appreciation makes me swoon tounge.gif

A jump Identifier will be very popular I'm quite certain....

Nobody seems to want to do why2me's save in SNP--

Knowing Dem-- it should be out any day now..

Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 20 September 2005 - 04:49 AM

Thanks for the vote, Spuds, but Uniquecall as it is called was supposed to be out almost a week ago. Real life really came up demanded my time (all good though). As such, it won't be ready for release until wed or thurs.

In other news, Time Vault was upgraded once more. Thanks to a wild goose chase that gzp and why2me sent me on, I figured out a dead easy way to make it pass any Unique Jumps you start while Time Vault is loaded, whether you meet the pass criteria or not. Since I was already at it, I tried to see if I could similarly get it to pass Rampages and it does. You start a Rampage with Time Vault now, you see a timer come on screen, but everything goes away and says Rampage passed.

Consequently, this means that until Uniquecall is released, you could load Time Vault and start each and every jump. Any you haven't already done yourself will be given to you. Of course, Wanderlust did the same thing without the effort confused.gif For the sake of continuity though, it should be noted that Uniquecall will be a gameplay Code Tool, not a cheat. So it will not be released in this thread. That said, here's a teaser screen. All I really have left is that I'd like it to be able to interact with the Unique Stunt Jump thread to sense when you're trying when you haven't done yet and generate a similar marker for that one. Already have an idea for it all, just a matter of finding time to impliment it since common guides give the jumps different numbers than the game itself does confused.gif

user posted image

kvelsundar
  • kvelsundar

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 September 2005 - 07:04 AM

When will you release timevault for SA dem. I am eagerly waiting for it. smile.gif

Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 September 2005 - 02:24 PM

Possibly never confused.gif More details. Thank you for your interest in my work though colgate.gif

why2me
  • why2me

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 September 2005 - 08:07 PM

Thanks Demarest for help in getting 100%.

Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 25 September 2005 - 11:20 PM

Uniquecall, the one-stop tool for all things Unique Jumps is now released. The Code Tool is deluxe, so I gave it its own feedback thread here.

narain
  • narain

Who's Calling?

• Members

Posted 15 October 2005 - 06:20 AM

Hey i downloaded the time vault code and unzipped it.There was just one file which was of type ICQ Sound Scheme.I didnt fine any SCM file.Is there anything else i need to download first in order to get the SCM file?

Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 October 2005 - 09:36 AM

You have SCM associated with ICQ and Windows set up to not display extensions of associated files. The file in the ZIP is the SCM, that's why it's the only file.

narain
  • narain

Who's Calling?

• Members

Posted 04 November 2005 - 11:17 AM

Ok!Thanks a million for enlighting me on that.

biggrin.gif

multimediaman
  • multimediaman

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 November 2005 - 04:45 AM

Wow, that's really cool, man! smile.gif

I'm seriously considering buying Vice City for the PC, mainly for things like this. Hopefully I can get out tomorrow to buy it.

ronak
  • ronak

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 November 2005 - 03:22 AM

QUOTE (multimediaman @ Nov 20 2005, 04:45)
I'm seriously considering buying Vice City for the PC, mainly for things like this. Hopefully I can get out tomorrow to buy it.

better buy the latest San Andreas smile.gif

mantidor
  • mantidor

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 December 2005 - 01:26 PM

GOOD MORNING DEMAREST..
I SAW AT ONE POINT YOU HADE WHAT
YOU CALLED A "NORTHERN LIGHT"
THIS CODE WAS USED TO FIND PACKAGES AND RAMPAGE ICONS... IT WAS A GLOWING
LIGHT WHICH BEAMED SKYWARD.. I CAN'T SEEM TO FIND THAT ONE.. WHERE IS IT AND HOW CAN I USE IT ?
THANKS, MIKE

Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 December 2005 - 03:47 PM

Northern Lights was not mine. It was illspirit's and/or Spookie's. It wasn't a coding mod at all.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users