» «
Photo

Demarest's VC Code Tools

152 replies to this topic
Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 09 August 2005 - 01:47 AM Edited by GTAKid667, A week ago.

What are Code Tools? - Code mods that are made to work on or with your existing save game.

How do I use them? - Save your current game. Backup your /data/main.scm by renaming it to something like mainORIGINAL.scm. Now put the SCM file from the Tool's ZIP into your data folder and rename it to main.scm like the original was. Load up your game. Most code tools will alter your save automatically and prompt you to save. Save your game (preferably into a different slot than it was loaded from). Now rename the SCM to whatever tool it is (or delete it) and rename your backup back to main.scm like it originally was. Load your save you just made and continue playing as you would.

What makes Code Tools so special? - First and foremost, because they are designed to work with your existing game, something previously thought next to impossible and/or worthless. Also, there are SOME things that trainers aren't made to do that some of the tools can.

THE CURRENT COLLECTION OF VC CODE TOOLS

Uniquecall v1 - Does everything from telling you WHICH Unique Jumps you're missing, to assisting you in studying the inner workings of each one.
uniquecall.jpg

Ancestral Recall v1 - MANY people get stuck on 99% and wonder what they have left. It doesn't matter if you're at 99% or started a new game. This mod will take your existing save game and tell you what all else you need to complete to get 100%.

Time Vault - Replaces Save N Play. Simply play your original game until you can't go any further, load up Time Vault, use it to pass the ones you can't, go back to the original game and play on. No more searching for host or waiting for your game back.
updated 03 Sept 05.Updated to credit you for the 3 Unique Jumps during G-Spotlight.updated 04 Sept 05.Updated to remove car list completer into a separate mod that's far more flexible. (2nd pic is now of Solarbond) updated 20 Sept 05.Updated so that Time Vault will now INSTANTLY pass any Rampage you start with it as well as credit you with any Unique Jump you start with it, whether you meet the pass criteria or not. updated 22 Feb 06.Updated so that Time Vault will also increment your Rampage stat if used to pass a Rampage.

timevault1.jpg

timevault2.jpg

Solarbond - This is the car list completing tool. It used to be part of Time Vault which was bad becuase you had to purchase Sunshine Autos with it. Now you can use it anytime after you own SSA. It will spawn all the cars to the current list and continue to do so until you complete them all or opt out of it. Dieing or getting arrested will start it over again.

Brass City - This unlocks all buyable assets and gives you the $400g you need to buy them. Note: TWO SCMs are included. One to unlock the assets with and one you need to play Shakedown with later on so that the game doesn't try to unlcok them twice.

Shatterstorm - This warps you around, collecting all the packages for you.

Wanderlust - This completes all Unique Jumps for you.

Oriflamme - This unlocks all shop weapons and gives you $200g to use.

Fastbond - This unlocks all parked vehicles in the game.

No Army - As the unimaginative title implies, the military will no longer spawn around Fort Baxter. Not a big change, but can be useful.

Updated 03 Sept 05. The VC Code Tools system prior to that included batch files and had instructions that were meant to be easier, but caused more confusion. From this point on, the VC Code Tools will be like the GTA3 ones where the user will do all the file swapping manually to keep it simple.

THAGTADON
  • THAGTADON

ThA DoN Of ViCe CiTy

• Members

Posted 09 August 2005 - 03:12 AM

Damn I been looking for this for ages Thanxs.

Spuds725
  • Spuds725

Party Animal

• United-States

Posted 09 August 2005 - 04:04 AM

Not another one tounge.gif rah.gif

How about a screenie of how it displays what you have left??

Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 09 August 2005 - 04:48 AM Edited by Demarest, 09 August 2005 - 05:21 PM.

Shatterstorm v1 added. Shatterstorm collects all hidden packages for you.

The text for Ancestral is just like you'd see during cutscenes and such. Nothing fancy. Each item stays up for about 2 seconds and continues to cycle through all you have left to do.

user posted image

Also, links now point to my tools page, which has instructions as well.

[EDIT]
Fastbond v1 added. Fastbond unlocks all parked cars for you.

[EDIT2]
Oriflamme v1 added. Oriflamme unlocks all shop weapons for you and give you $200g to use on them.

Bigun
  • Bigun

wandering about

• Members

Posted 09 August 2005 - 08:42 PM

Oh goody wow.gif
You sure you working on that big TC/project fer GTA3 of yours?

Wolf68k
  • Wolf68k

always howling

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 August 2005 - 10:50 PM

Silly thought; shouldn't this be in the Cheats forum?
I mean that's basicly what this is, a way to cheat.
You've got a mod that shows you what is missing to get 100%, another collects the hidden packages for you (for the one just about as lazy as those that can't take the short time to do taxi missions on their own), and 2 others that unlock various items.

Spuds725
  • Spuds725

Party Animal

• United-States

Posted 10 August 2005 - 12:30 AM

I talked to Dem about this-- I think it is a best fit in PC section-- its kind of in a grey area and could go in one of several places....

Gameplay-- helps people complete games.

Modding-- they install like mods I think(not that I know about such things).

Cheats-- some do things for you.

PC-- only applies to PC version of the game

I'm leaving it in gameplay for now (for visibility) but I think it will best fit in the PC section eventually

Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 10 August 2005 - 02:32 AM

wolf is right. I originally put it in gameplay because that's where people ask such questions that Ancestral would answer. The others are in fact cheats. I was originally planning on making them just point out which jumps were missing for example and thought I might get heckled for not just passing them. So I had intended on making both and started with the completer because frankly, it's easier.

I'll have the universal Mission Passer released soon enough. At that time, I'll have all such cheats mods in one thread in cheats and the gameplay ones in gameplay. For now, if nobody objects, I'd prefer it left in gameplay as Ancestral is the show stealer here IMO because it does what trainers can't.

Bigun
  • Bigun

wandering about

• Members

Posted 11 August 2005 - 05:53 AM

I figured you'll come up with something like that. Now that you got SA, why not mod it? >_> It's kinda weird how you're always coming up with 'quirky' names such as Timetwister, Doppleganger, Time Vault et cetera. Everyone just uses lame names for their mods, eg: Time Vault ULTIMATE Mission Passer tounge2.gif

Well uh im tired from 'teasing' you. dozingoff.gif

Good job, as always.

Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 11 August 2005 - 06:46 AM

QUOTE (Bigun @ Aug 11 2005, 01:53)
Well uh im tired from 'teasing' you. dozingoff.gif

Yeah, I know. Hint: This was intended to be a prequel for Time Vault SA so that the SNP can finally get a rest wink.gif Thanks for the compliment; but do you recognize WHERE these names come from? wow.gif

random_download
  • random_download

:o

• Members

Posted 11 August 2005 - 09:35 AM

wow.gif Did you code all of this using a hex editor? Or did you count the number of bytes for each opcode in MB? Great work inlove.gif

pacotens
  • pacotens

VC rules

• Members

Posted 11 August 2005 - 11:28 AM

you are simply the best Demarest.
how do you come to the idea of making them?
anyway congratulations biggrin.gif

PS wouldn't you go to Rockstar to start working.
Perhaps we will see you in 5 years on the cover of GTA nr ?

Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 11 August 2005 - 01:48 PM

QUOTE (random_download @ Aug 11 2005, 05:35)
wow.gif Did you code all of this using a hex editor? Or did you count the number of bytes for each opcode in MB? Great work inlove.gif

There was some byte counting, but that was mostly to disable all the fade/freeze Tommy/camera type stuff that preceeded each mission. Most of it was just a Timetwister-like knowledge of the benefits/effects of each mission and sticking to only that. The real incredible part is that original SCM is 1.2 MB while Time Vault zipped is 80 KB. LOT of power there.

If you think this breaks the rules, wait until I release Darkpact wow.gif

random_download
  • random_download

:o

• Members

Posted 11 August 2005 - 04:10 PM

Ah, you wrote over all the code in each mission, and the byte counting is because the fades etc. are in the sniffer threads?
random_download wants to know what Darkpact is

Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 11 August 2005 - 04:52 PM

Yes. The sniffers are in main and must preserve addressing. Mission however are called by number, not address. Since the actual addresses of the mission numbers are stored in a different section, where they point isn't saved. So as long as that section with all the mission addresses remains the same size, the section after main only needs to actually contains the labels. Nothing more. After that, it's mostly just making sure each mission pass contains all the necessary environment changes to make the game play as intended.

Darkpact is a modding process that allows you to add whatever script mod you want to whatever SCM you want without having to start a new game. cool.gif In fact, it's done. I'm just applying the process to my other Code Tools and repackaging them to be consistent with each other. Then I'm releasing them all.

Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 11 August 2005 - 06:21 PM

Okay, I've just moved all the cheat tools over here. They've been changed from their original release version. For one, you no longer need to start a misison. They now use Darkpact's injection process to autocomplete the task and prompt you to save. They also no longer require you to save at Ocean View. Instead, you will be made to save from wherever you loaded from for maximum user-friendliness. Last but not least, they've been repackages with batch files to make them consistent with the entire Code Tools collection.

Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 11 August 2005 - 06:26 PM

Okay. Tools now sorted into their rightful categories. For those following along from the beginning, they've changed a bit. For one, you no longer need to start a misison. They now use Darkpact's injection process to autocomplete the task and prompt you to save. They also no longer require you to save at Ocean View. Instead, you will be made to save from wherever you loaded from for maximum user-friendliness. Last but not least, they've been repackages with batch files to make them consistent with the entire Code Tools collection. This does not apply to this topic right this second because these tools will likely not let you save as they're meant to be windows into your savegame status. I mention it for the sake of information.

@Spuds: Please change the topic description to "including Ancestral Recall, the 100% game inspector". If that doesn't fit, you can drop the Recall.

Bigun
  • Bigun

wandering about

• Members

Posted 11 August 2005 - 07:21 PM

QUOTE (Demarest @ Aug 11 2005, 16:52)

Darkpact is a modding process that allows you to add whatever script mod you want to whatever SCM you want without having to start a new game. cool.gif In fact, it's done.

doesnt it overwrite missions?
make one for SA
no i dont know where these names are from i suck i guess

sorry for the bitchish post

Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 11 August 2005 - 08:00 PM

Now that Darkpact is released, let's talk about it there. I STILL plan on implimenting these things for SA. It takes time and if you haven't noticed, my time's being invested in kicking out one thing after another. This is new stuff and I'm trying my hardest. Just got SA, never coded for it, and don't remember much about it. Give me time. Sound good? I'd really rather not say it again.

Bigun
  • Bigun

wandering about

• Members

Posted 12 August 2005 - 04:56 PM

Hey, I wasn't commanding you or anything in that other post..I just wasn't in the mood for typhing. You share your talent with us for free, I have no right to tell you to work on it more, faster or anything. Sorry if you took it the other way..

Take your time and give us more good stuff 0;)

Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 19 August 2005 - 03:23 AM

My apologies to anybody who used Wanderlust prior to now. The original release version not only did not update the stats properly (at all), but you were also not awarded mission points, effectively making 100% impossible. I NEVER make mistakes that large and my sincerest apology for it. It has since been fixed and the revised version uploaded. Thanks to katiekat007 for pointing this out to me.

Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 19 August 2005 - 02:53 PM

Bump. Ancestral Recall VC has been updated to now also account for non-asset properties not yet purchased. Not sure why I excluded that originally or why it took me this long to fix, but it has been updated and should now scan for everything colgate.gif

pacotens
  • pacotens

VC rules

• Members

Posted 24 August 2005 - 12:31 PM

em i have a small problem
i just can't find my original Vice City.bat
do you guys know where that thing belongs in normally

Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 24 August 2005 - 04:41 PM

The original game doesn't have any .BATs. The .BATs from Code Tools will be in the /VC CODE TOOLS/ folder in your Vice City folder.

pacotens
  • pacotens

VC rules

• Members

Posted 24 August 2005 - 05:38 PM

[QUOTE]Load your game and do whatever you needed the tool for. Save that game, then double click on original Vice City.bat. This will put your VC back to the release version. Then load your game again and continue playing as you would.

the original vice city.bat does it show op when you already have activated the time vault.bat?

sorry to bother you, but i do not understand the prog

Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 24 August 2005 - 07:55 PM

You didn't download the link in the first post called the original with batch. You have to do what you read if you'd like it to work wink.gif

pacotens
  • pacotens

VC rules

• Members

Posted 27 August 2005 - 12:07 PM

em in the mission G-spotlight, are the unique jumps that you normally would have done, calculated in your stats?

Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 27 August 2005 - 02:53 PM

This is the VC Code Tools thread. For Gameplay advice, ask in the appropriate place please.

Spuds725
  • Spuds725

Party Animal

• United-States

Posted 27 August 2005 - 11:52 PM Edited by Spuds725, 28 August 2005 - 04:27 AM.

Maybe he is asking if Time Vault completes them?? I'm guessing no.

In the mission when you do them-- yes they do-- unlike the ones in PCJ playground which are not triggered....

I'll split this off if he was asking about it as a mission.

Akuma.
  • Akuma.

Wow! I have posts!

• Members

Posted 28 August 2005 - 02:21 AM

My useless post.....
but do you recognize WHERE these names come from

Magic the Gathering, the card game.

I just tested the time vault, and shatterstorm and the shatterstorm (hate that card) screwed up my game, and the vault (broken card) worked fine. .... it ended.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users