Photo

2-player mod

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
400 replies to this topic
jarjar
  • jarjar

Boss

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 August 2005 - 07:41 AM Edited by jarjar, 04 September 2006 - 09:43 PM.

This is a mod i created a while ago. It allows you to play the Two Player Missions from the PS2 version of San Andreas on PC. mercie_blink.gif

It is in the BETA stage at the moment, but it's looking good. The next version should be out soon with more features. biggrin.gif

What do you think?

Downloads
Main ModToolsExtras
BETA 1
SAAC2
Coming Soon

Usage of SAAC2:

1. Run 2 Instances of SAAC
2. 1st instance will be player 1, configure controls accordingly (i have included a Keyboard preset in this beta) id use the Keyboard preset here
3. 2nd Instance you will want to use a joypad, or configure some keyboard keys that are not already in use by the 1st instance, also Tick the '2nd Player' box near the bottom
4. When ingame press NUMPAD * to enable SAAC, and NUMPAD / to go back to normal.

IMPORTANT: If you encounter a bug where 1 player controls the 2 players please download SAAC2 and follow the instructions below.

Note: SAAC2 can ONLY be used with my 2 Player Missions Mod. And can not be hosted on any site apart from Racer_s's Site and here!

Credits:
Racer_s - For creating SAAC2 to fix the "One Controls Two" Glitch.

Enjoy 2 Player Missions and post any comments and information you find important. Please let me know of any bugs or error you encounter.
rahkstar2.gif

Nipa
  • Nipa

Hi.

• Members

Posted 07 August 2005 - 07:56 AM

Oh great, I wish I had a usb controller.. so I finally can see what you could do in two player..

Nipa mad.gif

Opius
  • Opius

General

• Feroci Racing

Posted 07 August 2005 - 08:51 AM

Care to share how you did this?

Alick
  • Alick

L)VE

• Members

Posted 07 August 2005 - 01:42 PM

I'm curious to confused.gif

Loman
  • Loman

Chicken Pot Chicken Pot Chicken Pot Piiiiie

• Members

Posted 09 August 2005 - 02:33 AM

This is pretty sweet, but is there a way to make one player the joystick and the other player the keyboard? Right now my joystick and keyboard both control both players at the same time.

jarjar
  • jarjar

Boss

• BUSTED!

Posted 09 August 2005 - 06:24 AM

Here is how i got the 2 -player missions working for PC.

This mod will only work for you if you have 1 or 2 USB controllers for your PC/Laptop. DirectX couldn't support the format because the 2 Player Missions were going to be played with a keyboard. This of course would no work. Because Rockstars Multiplayer format is not able to work for keyboards. But if you use USB controllers (and San Andreas Advanced Control v1.2) you can play the missions. This is because the controllers are supported. A bit of work and you are able to play the 2 Player Missions.

There is more info in the Readme included in the download.

To answer Loman's question i am not sure on weather you can do that. I am looking into this at the moment. If you are able to do that it will be in the next version. I had the same thing happen when i tryed to play with just one USB Controller.

Opius
  • Opius

General

• Feroci Racing

Posted 09 August 2005 - 07:00 AM

Simply creating another player will not work. There's no way for the game to distinguish between players on the PC version.

Hell, I've even done this back in Vice City. Same thing happened. Multiple players, but only one control set.

You're going to need to do A LOT more than this to get two-player working again. I'm talking EXE hooks to finish off Rockstars unfinished code, a DirectX hook to port controls to the second unused internal controller port.

To be blunt, I don't think you're going to pul this off. Your topics in Mission Coding indicate you're not comfortable with the mission script. Believe me, the mission script is the easiest part of this process.

jarjar
  • jarjar

Boss

• BUSTED!

Posted 09 August 2005 - 11:06 AM

Sorry, if that's what you think fine. All i know is that the mod works. Download it and give it a try. It works.

Like i said, "IF IT IS POSSIBLE IT WILL BE IN THE NEXT VERSION. As for what you think about me not being very confident with the San Andreas script. That is bull. I am confident. But i am new. If i can not find something that i am looking for that i ask of help. And i am not apparently re-enabled multiplayer mode. I have re-enabled it. Get your facts right. Just download the mod and see for your-self. tounge.gif

s-paco
  • s-paco

Still here.

• Members

Posted 09 August 2005 - 02:36 PM Edited by s-paco, 09 August 2005 - 03:03 PM.

ok im trying out, i have 2 controllers

i made a pic : user posted image

but there is 1 thing, if i use my controller i cant use my keyboard, so my controller controls both player...

MuT7
  • MuT7

Trigger-Happy Chinese Guy

• Members

Posted 10 August 2005 - 03:15 AM

wow.....could there be a variation where u can switch between players and control them both?

i think this is a dumb question, but can it be so i don't have to restart....im pretty far...

jacob.
  • jacob.

Homie

• Members

Posted 10 August 2005 - 03:30 AM

You say this works. Have you personally tried it? The game always calls CPed[0] when it comes to controlling, so you could have 50 players created and they would all fire their weapon when you hit <fire>.
This exact situation is displayed in s-paco's screenshot.

MuT7
  • MuT7

Trigger-Happy Chinese Guy

• Members

Posted 10 August 2005 - 03:48 AM

didn't he say u need 2 controllers plugged in?

Mikerush76
  • Mikerush76

Easy Going Anti-Flaming Supporter!

• Members

Posted 10 August 2005 - 05:23 AM

Nice Work bro..dont worry about these people most are too busy talking to read/try anything..lol

Opius
  • Opius

General

• Feroci Racing

Posted 10 August 2005 - 06:55 AM

Yeah, lets not let facts get in the way of hopeless ambition rolleyes.gif

s-paco
  • s-paco

Still here.

• Members

Posted 10 August 2005 - 11:41 AM

i HAVE 2 controllers, but with that controller program, i got my controller working but still he controls both players, and yes u can choose a guy to play with (player 2) : 2 of ur gang members, cop guy, a Ho....

demonj0e
  • demonj0e

Sa Coder In Training

• Members

Posted 10 August 2005 - 12:34 PM

you could turn this into a bodyguard mod

thye get upgrades of health, stanima, wepons and stuff like that

RainingAcid
  • RainingAcid

Hustler

• Members

Posted 10 August 2005 - 12:48 PM

Can you add split screen? Or do you have to hard code it?

jacob.
  • jacob.

Homie

• Members

Posted 10 August 2005 - 03:41 PM

QUOTE (RainingAcid @ Aug 10 2005, 12:48)

You guys are asking some really, really stretchy questions. As if such a thing could be easily done? It'd require a lot of extreme, advanced DirectX/game hacking to achieve this.. rolleyes.gif

Again, s-paco, all of your controller input will effect both players. This mod, I'm afraid, is absolutely pointless.

spectre01
  • spectre01

GTA & MW Lover

• Members

Posted 11 August 2005 - 06:43 AM

s-paco , whats that weapon on ur pic? i never see it before. mod? if so, can we share? thanx.

jarjar
  • jarjar

Boss

• BUSTED!

Posted 11 August 2005 - 10:12 AM

QUOTE (jacob. @ Aug 10 2005, 15:41)
QUOTE (RainingAcid @ Aug 10 2005, 12:48)

You guys are asking some really, really stretchy questions. As if such a thing could be easily done? It'd require a lot of extreme, advanced DirectX/game hacking to achieve this.. rolleyes.gif

Again, s-paco, all of your controller input will effect both players. This mod, I'm afraid, is absolutely pointless.

I don't relly think it is pointless. I have said this several times already "IT IS IA BETA VERSION IT DOES NOT WORK TO ITS FUN EXSTENT YET! whatsthat.gif It is just a simple mod that was a test to see if it would work. It can always be used as a bodygard mod. But there is some way to get it to work. Wether anyone will ever work out what we have to do to get it to work is another thing. You may not be able to play 2 player missions directly but you can play a mission and chose between 2 diffrent players. biggrin.gif

s-paco
  • s-paco

Still here.

• Members

Posted 11 August 2005 - 12:46 PM

QUOTE (spectre01 @ Aug 11 2005, 07:43)
s-paco , whats that weapon on ur pic? i never see it before. mod? if so, can we share? thanx.

yeah its a mod, i didnt make it biggrin.gif its here : http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=205411

swat_killer
  • swat_killer

I hate all fanboys

• Members

Posted 12 August 2005 - 04:45 PM

QUOTE (s-paco @ Aug 9 2005, 14:36)
ok im trying out, i have 2 controllers

i made a pic : user posted image

but there is 1 thing, if i use my controller i cant use my keyboard, so my controller controls both player...

wuts the gun ur using

dodgeme
  • dodgeme

Vendetta

• BUSTED!

Posted 12 August 2005 - 07:06 PM

Its called tommy gun and it is used by mafia in the 30 era mafia mouvies you can download it at the link above die.gif

Loman
  • Loman

Chicken Pot Chicken Pot Chicken Pot Piiiiie

• Members

Posted 14 August 2005 - 11:50 PM

If it's not possible to have two seperatly controllable characters, would it be possible to give the second player some sort of AI? Maybe even the ability to switch between the two characters. Also, would it be possible to add more selectable second player characters?

swat_killer
  • swat_killer

I hate all fanboys

• Members

Posted 20 August 2005 - 12:42 AM

meh doesnt work for me

jarjar
  • jarjar

Boss

• BUSTED!

Posted 02 September 2005 - 07:39 AM

UPDATE:

Everyone i think i might have an idea for how we can fix the problem with the 2 Player Missions. I think that the reason that you can only control both players with the one controller is the game is not seeing or reading the 2 controller. This is because the program that we use to allow for the controllers to work (San Andreas Advantced Controller) only allows you to setup for the game to read one controller. The first one. So if we can get a program that allows you to do the same thing but setup 2 controllers i think we could get around the problem. So i am asking good programers out there, if they won't to help what i am basicly looking for is a program that does ner the same as San Andreas Adv Controller but allows you to setup for the game to read 2 controllers. Who is up to the challange?

By the way i know that this is not the requesting area, but being that the mod is hear and people are more likely to read this hear than in the requesting area i thiught why not fix it hear.

DeeZire
  • DeeZire

Modder

• Members

Posted 02 September 2005 - 04:28 PM

Slightly off topic I know, but I just copied the code from the PS2 version and changed it to make single player versions of the 2p missions - it aint all that hard. I just created another actor instead of the second player, stuck that actor in the same group as the player and you have a very very good single-player compromise smile.gif

Opius
  • Opius

General

• Feroci Racing

Posted 03 September 2005 - 02:02 AM

Take any supposed screenshots of working two-player on the PC with a grain of salt. To show you how easy it is, I made some.
user posted image
user posted image
Notice how the two players are acting independantly of each other?

This was made in FIVE MINUTES using my Xbox dev kit. Anyone could do the same. Do not believe any screenshots or mods that claim to have working two-player mode until you've played it yourself.

s-paco
  • s-paco

Still here.

• Members

Posted 03 September 2005 - 01:16 PM

damn can u please release that? mt cousin is waitingggg

Nipa
  • Nipa

Hi.

• Members

Posted 03 September 2005 - 01:31 PM

s-paco, I don't think you get the point of his post.. Opius made up a fake to show you how easily screenshots of two player working on pc can be faked.. So sorry to burst your bubbles, but that isn't real (at least i think it isn't).

Nipa barf8bd.gif

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users