Photo

GTA SA Skin Creator/Editor

22 replies to this topic
***GTA***
  • ***GTA***

GTAuthority

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 August 2005 - 07:32 PM

I just was wondering is there are any tools that designed specially for editing or making skins for GTA SA. I know that most “skinners” use Paintshop, but I never used it and have no idea what to do with it. I used simple Paint for editing GTA3 skins, but SA is more complex and demanding. Maybe some one knows some tools that I can use for skins creation for SA instead of Paintshop. I also would appreciate any links for guides that explain how to create skins with or without help of Paintshop!

Thanks a lot!!!
rampage_ani.gif rampage_ani.gif rampage_ani.gif

Fragger.
  • Fragger.

Vato Loco

• Members

Posted 04 August 2005 - 08:50 PM

As you said, "SA is more complex and demanding", so it requires more advanced tools and skill to do the job. Many textures have alpha channels that take a while to understand and that require a good graphics editor to be edited. Paintshop Pro would be the best option, since it supports many texture formats, alpha channels, etc. and it's very affordable (around 100 dollars), but Photoshop would be the best. There are many tutorials available on the net on how to use it to create textures. Just get a good program and learn the basics, then you can just start a thread here and ask questions. wink.gif

***GTA***
  • ***GTA***

GTAuthority

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 August 2005 - 09:14 PM Edited by ***GTA***, 04 August 2005 - 09:48 PM.

Fragger. what do you use?
Does anyone knows some good guides in skin making with PhotoShop?

Fragger.
  • Fragger.

Vato Loco

• Members

Posted 04 August 2005 - 10:24 PM

I use Photoshop. To make my t-shirts, I took 3 photos of some guy I know wearing a t-shirt: front, back and side (for the sleeves).
I opened torso.txd, extracted the texture, opened it in photoshop and used that as a guide to line up my own textures. After doing that, I cropped anything I didn't need out and used the clone tool to blend one part into the other, filling out any empty spots. I used a custom alpha channel for them too, just to make the neck look cleaner.

***GTA***
  • ***GTA***

GTAuthority

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 August 2005 - 10:37 PM

Can you help me out?!?

user posted image

I want the top image to mix with the whole body colour, basically the same colour sceeme. Now it looks like cutouts confused.gif confused.gif confused.gif . What tools do I have to use?!?

Fragger.
  • Fragger.

Vato Loco

• Members

Posted 04 August 2005 - 10:41 PM

Adding the ear is not necessary. Is that a photo you took or something you found on the net? It looks like you took a very small picture and made it bigger, ruining it in the process. Let me see the whole image to see what you're trying to do.

***GTA***
  • ***GTA***

GTAuthority

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 August 2005 - 10:47 PM

Well I extracted an TXD skin from gta3 and basically wanted to add a face from a photograph. In the game it looks OK as it is, but face colour is very different to the whole body colour sceeme. Is it possible to use Photoshop to make the whole body to have the same colou scheeme. Either change the face to fit the body or other way around confused.gif confused.gif confused.gif

Fragger.
  • Fragger.

Vato Loco

• Members

Posted 04 August 2005 - 10:53 PM

It is possible by using hue/saturation (ctrl+u), but you definitely need a better photo.

***GTA***
  • ***GTA***

GTAuthority

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 August 2005 - 10:56 PM

Thanks, but can I choose the colour to hue/saturation the picture? How they do it with Celebs Fakes, a lot of them looks amazing?

Fragger.
  • Fragger.

Vato Loco

• Members

Posted 04 August 2005 - 11:51 PM

What are "Celeb Fakes"?

***GTA***
  • ***GTA***

GTAuthority

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 August 2005 - 03:19 PM

QUOTE (Fragger. @ Aug 4 2005, 23:51)
What are "Celeb Fakes"?

You know this Fake Nude Celebrities pictures. They take a face and a body and merge them together, and it looks like one thing, well sometimes. Skins in SA are much less complex and have much simpler colour sceems, so adding the photo to the skin and make it looks as the whole thing should be simpler or am I wrong? Also what effect can make the photo image looks a bit more cartoonish, to make it fit the body of the skin? Also what this alpha channel thing confused.gif confused.gif confused.gif ? As you know I JUST started using Paintshop so ... I dont know anything, but I am starting to learn!

Thanks a lot!!!

PS
For me its much easier to do T-shirts in Paint sly.gif sly.gif sly.gif

Fragger.
  • Fragger.

Vato Loco

• Members

Posted 05 August 2005 - 05:41 PM Edited by Fragger., 06 August 2005 - 04:13 AM.

Try learning photo manipulation. Once you get the hang of it, skins will be a piece of cake.
http://www.gtaforums...0
Alpha channels are part of an image used to apply transparency values to the image. They act like a stencil or a mask, but unlike those, you can vary the ammount of what is shown. For example, imagine a stencil as black cardboard with white pieces cut out of it.
Spray paint on it and the color only goes through the holes, but the white keeps the paint from showing. In an alpha channel, you can also use shades of grey to have some parts semi-transparent.
Look at the alpha channel for a t-shirt. It shows white where the color goes and black where there's no color. Make the alpha solid black and you'll have an invisible tshirt. CJ will have no torso and his arms and head will be floating in the air attached to nothing.
Want to make a ghost? Take denise's texture and make the alpha 50% grey. She'll look translucent (this is a theory and hasn't been done, but it should work).
***EDIT***
Somehow, I get the feeling that what you really want is a program that lets you click a button and magically generates a skin. There's no such thing. I'd really recommend that you try and learn Photoshop. It'll take a while, but it'll become easier as you go. Just get tutorials and practice as much as you can. Once you know how to use it, you can even get a job where they'll buy you the latest version that you can use for your hobby.
Worked for me. wink.gif

***GTA***
  • ***GTA***

GTAuthority

• BUSTED!

Posted 20 August 2005 - 04:28 PM Edited by ***GTA***, 20 August 2005 - 04:32 PM.

QUOTE (Fragger. @ Aug 5 2005, 17:41)
Somehow, I get the feeling that what you really want is a program that lets you click a button and magically generates a skin.

Yep, that what I want biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif . Its just if I could find a tutorial or something that could explaing everything step by step how to change or edit or make your own skins.

Gta Guy 108
  • Gta Guy 108

Hoist the Colours!

• Members

Posted 15 January 2008 - 01:49 AM

How would you take a person from the game already and just take the skin tone and head from it and replace it with CJ's Character? I want to play as Claude sooo bad..

Haxxor
  • Haxxor

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 April 2010 - 02:26 PM

hey can someone plz help me i dont know how to create my own skin/clothes in gta sa can someone plz help my sad.gif

MozZ
  • MozZ

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 November 2010 - 03:48 AM

QUOTE (Haxxor @ Apr 16 2010, 14:26)
hey can someone plz help me i dont know how to create my own skin/clothes in gta sa can someone plz help my sad.gif

yeah me too

i got a .txd skin from gta3.img > id 212 and i want to add a hoody on him and some nike trainers and maybe a hat

but i've looked everywhere and i dont know how to do it confused.gif

GTA_Panda
  • GTA_Panda

hey there officer, nice badge, nice badge

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 November 2010 - 10:03 AM

here:

not my video, please check out the creators channel Here

MozZ
  • MozZ

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 December 2010 - 08:13 PM

how can i add textures to a skin like for example add a cap onto that skin in the video
i tried it but my game crashed help would be appreciated

gapi2002
  • gapi2002

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 December 2010 - 05:16 PM

QUOTE (***GTA*** @ Aug 4 2005, 19:32)
I just was wondering is there are any tools that designed specially for editing or making skins for GTA SA. I know that most “skinners” use Paintshop, but I never used it and have no idea what to do with it. I used simple Paint for editing GTA3 skins, but SA is more complex and demanding. Maybe some one knows some tools that I can use for skins creation for SA instead of Paintshop. I also would appreciate any links for guides that explain how to create skins with or without help of Paintshop!

Thanks a lot!!!
rampage_ani.gif rampage_ani.gif rampage_ani.gif

thy now im really happy for this mod thanks to all but i still download car mods anyway colgate.gif

gapi2002
  • gapi2002

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 December 2010 - 05:18 PM

for me is so LOL its anyway alwajs
LOL for me tounge.gif

Jimmy Cash
  • Jimmy Cash

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 December 2010 - 04:41 AM

Ive been googling this subject myself and found this thread. Someone seemed to imply in this thread that photoshop programs had to be paid for. I just downloaded gimp and I think it's going to work just fine as a skin editor.

OBSERVADOR
  • OBSERVADOR

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 March 2011 - 02:41 AM

Ok i can learn PhotoShop anyWay.

But how to Open the IMG Files? i mean the Skin Files

Is there a way to open them with PhotoShop?

Or something else?

Replay Please

missions
  • missions

TEAM BRING IT

• BUSTED!

Posted 25 March 2011 - 06:18 AM

I´m doing on CRIPZ skin for CJ. New ped and Clothes!!

user posted image

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users