» «
Photo

The Motorcycle Topic

859 replies to this topic
Picolini
  • Picolini

ZOMG ROFL XD!!!!11

• BUSTED!

Posted 25 October 2008 - 03:48 AM Edited by Picolini, 25 October 2008 - 03:51 AM.

Bumping this...

My friend just picked up a 2006 Harley Roadster, I believe is what he said. Either that or a Sportster, but I think the name is interchangeable. It's used obviously, but only 1,100 miles and it's got a good $2,500 in aftermarket parts.
Pretty sure it was the 1200 Roadster/XL 1200R. Not my style exactly, but still looks nice. 70hp, 79tq.
user posted image

He doesn't even have his motorcycle license, but we plan on going to classes together next spring when they open to get our licenses. I guess he's got a sh*tty bike I can practice on which will be cool. He's ridden before, but just dirt bikes I believe. Still, more than me (nothing, lol) so he can help me learn some of the basics. And he's out in a more rural area so we shouldn't get any sh*t from police while screwing around. And since it'll be a sh*tty bike he's letting me learn on I won't have to worry about dropping it, lol.
Now the Harley on the other hand... well I don't want to touch that until I'm fully confident in myself! lol.gif Almost 600lbs is nothing that can be tossed around, even by me.

Taste Of Chaos
  • Taste Of Chaos

Bill doesn't know.

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 29 October 2008 - 05:23 PM Edited by Taste Of Chaos, 29 October 2008 - 10:58 PM.

I'm looking at a Honda CBR 125 myself. Yeah it's not very powerful or anything but really, where I live there's nowhere I'm likely to be able to use the power behind it, and I'll only really use it for going to work/friends houses.

Just need a cheap nippy runabout.

I'm looking at this one in particular, it's not that bad for 1,300 pounds as it's also had a lot of work done for it and I'm not likely to get a new one for a good few years yet, though the only real problem with it is that it's about 200 miles from where I live.

So it should be interesting having a bit of a road trip home and I've spoken with a few GTAF'ers who would be near the path I should be taking to see if we could meet, and they're cool with that.

But 200 miles on a 125, damn.

anus
  • anus

iHoodz Prez

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 29 October 2008 - 07:25 PM

QUOTE (Taste Of Chaos @ Oct 29 2008, 12:23)

it can handle it just fine.

*MURDOC*
  • *MURDOC*

Relevant jorts intensify.

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 29 October 2008 - 07:57 PM

I'd really like to get a bike, but I have no idea what to get.

I want something I can ride on the street, but also lightly off-road, no MX sh*t, just short-cuts through trails and junk.

Picolini
  • Picolini

ZOMG ROFL XD!!!!11

• BUSTED!

Posted 29 October 2008 - 10:17 PM

QUOTE (Taste Of Chaos @ Oct 29 2008, 11:23)
I'm looking at a Honda CBR 125 myself. Yeah it's not very powerful or anything but really, where I live there's nowhere I'm likely to be able to use the power behind it, and I'll only really use it for going to work/friends houses.

I'm looking at this one in particular, it's not that bad for 1,300 pounds as it's also had a lot of work done for it and I'm not likely to get a new one for a good few years yet, though the only real problem with it is that it's about 200 miles from where I live.

So it should be interesting having a bit of a road trip home and I've spoken with a few GTAF'ers who would be near the path I should be taking to see if we could meet, and they're cool with that.

Lol wtf I think you got the wrong link there ToC tounge.gif

user posted image

Taste Of Chaos
  • Taste Of Chaos

Bill doesn't know.

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 29 October 2008 - 10:56 PM Edited by Taste Of Chaos, 29 October 2008 - 11:15 PM.

QUOTE (Picolini @ Oct 29 2008, 22:17)

user posted image

Lmfao.

Yeah, was looking through the 'Tatoo' topic beforehand. I think TD posted that and I wanted to MSN it to a mate. My bad.

Fixed.

QUOTE (desmowhatever)
it can handle it just fine.

Not that you idiot.. I know it'll be able to handle it fine. The fact that its top speed is only about 75mph, it'll take a while.

Think before you post.

*MURDOC*
  • *MURDOC*

Relevant jorts intensify.

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 29 October 2008 - 11:03 PM

QUOTE (Picolini @ Oct 29 2008, 17:17)

user posted image

That's a sweet guitar.

anus
  • anus

iHoodz Prez

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 30 October 2008 - 02:50 AM

QUOTE (Taste Of Chaos @ Oct 29 2008, 17:56)
Not that you idiot.. I know it'll be able to handle it fine. The fact that its top speed is only about 75mph, it'll take a while.

Think before you post.

sorry cocksucker, but I've been involved in the 50cc-125cc scooter/small motorcycle world for the past 5 years. I've driven a large variety of them and I've come across several people, that just like yourself, have had to make a several hour trip on their bike and were unsure if their bike would endure the journey. Since your dumb ass didn't specify whether the trip is a long one or if you were concerned with how the bike would handle the trip, I thought that's what it would be since I lack the ability to read minds.

Picolini
  • Picolini

ZOMG ROFL XD!!!!11

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 October 2008 - 03:26 AM

Now, now ladies. No need for insults.

lurchseesu420
  • lurchseesu420

I gotta get outta here!

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 October 2008 - 03:41 AM Edited by lurchseesu420, 11 November 2008 - 07:36 AM.

QUOTE (Picolini @ Oct 29 2008, 23:26)
Now, now ladies. No need for insults.

Shhhhhh. Sit back and watch the show. This might start getting good.

P.S. I also found in funny how he called Mikal "Desmowhatever" in the only topic that his forum name might actually make a lick of since.

Taste Of Chaos
  • Taste Of Chaos

Bill doesn't know.

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 30 October 2008 - 03:22 PM

QUOTE (Desmosedici @ Oct 30 2008, 02:50)
Since your dumb ass didn't specify whether the trip is a long one or if you were concerned with how the bike would handle the trip, I thought that's what it would be since I lack the ability to read minds.

Lol, if you know so much about bikes. You would know that any Motorbike would be able to last that. Otherwise we'd all be buying new ones every other month.

Also the fact that on a CBT license which I'll be on for a while, I won't be able to use the Motorways either.

QUOTE (lurchseesu420)
Shhhhhh. Sit back and watch the show. This might start getting good.

Nah, I can't be arsed, I think I'll just let him cry by himself. wink.gif

anus
  • anus

iHoodz Prez

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 30 October 2008 - 11:36 PM

QUOTE (Taste Of Chaos @ Oct 30 2008, 10:22)
Since your dumb ass didn't specify whether the trip is a long one or if you were concerned with how the bike would handle the trip, I thought that's what it would be since I lack the ability to read minds.

Lol, if you know so much about bikes. You would know that any Motorbike would be able to last that. Otherwise we'd all be buying new ones every other month.

I do, but you cut out the part where I said that not everyone does. Good one.

dozingoff.gif

Taste Of Chaos
  • Taste Of Chaos

Bill doesn't know.

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 31 October 2008 - 12:16 AM

QUOTE (Desmosedici @ Oct 30 2008, 23:36)
QUOTE (Taste Of Chaos @ Oct 30 2008, 10:22)

I do, but you cut out the part where I said that not everyone does. Good one.

dozingoff.gif

Ah well. People misunderstand. Get over it.

In other news, I've booked my CBT test for the 9th and I've emailed Wembley motorcycles about a CBR they have in stock but I havn't had a reply so I'll phone them tommorow.

Swarz
  • Swarz

Council of Elders

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 12 February 2009 - 07:45 PM

Despite driving a car for nearly 7 years, I've decided now's the time to expand my skill base, and as such passed by CBT last month. Now I've got a little free time, I'm looking to buy my first bike.

But, a little lost in a huge market. It won't be doing massive runs - 30 mins or less. I intend to pass the full test at some point in the next couple of years, so don't wanna spend big on a bike I'm not gonna be using long-term. Oh, and is has to be 125cc.

As Taste Of Chaos above, is a Honda CBR any good? I have no idea.

Can anyone suggest what sort of price I should be looking at for a bike, and also what I should be looking to spend gear wise. Had a chat with some bikers at work, but they've all got about 800cc + bikes and gucci gear to go with it, which I'm just not at yet.

Any advice would be welcome. smile.gif

anuj
  • anuj

iconic

• Inactive Staff
  • None

Posted 12 February 2009 - 11:10 PM

I bought this last week:

user posted image

user posted image

2005 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R (636).

And yeah, there was good amounts of snow piled up when I got to ride this thing home.

@swarz- I'm not sure about the UK import situation, but I spent 6000 miles of my life on a Kawasaki Ninja EX500. It was by far the best beginner bike I could've asked for. I outgrew it pretty quickly, but it taught me how to ride and ride safely.

Quick Stop
  • Quick Stop

Group: SRS incorporated

• Members

Posted 12 February 2009 - 11:28 PM

I may expand my vehicle list to motorbikes some day.

Picolini
  • Picolini

ZOMG ROFL XD!!!!11

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 February 2009 - 05:06 AM

Looks great Anuj! Nice hp and a good amount of torque! I bet it's a quick, fun ride.
Going to sign up for motorcycle lessons this month, hopefully I don't have to wait all summer to go, they fill up FAST I hear.
I'm hoping I can get a Buell XB9 or even an XB12 when I've got my license and am ready to drive.

dog_day_sunrise
  • dog_day_sunrise

GTAF's Resident Niggling Pedant

• Members

Posted 13 February 2009 - 07:50 AM

Despite the snow last week, I rode into London from Sonning in Berkshire twice, and from Sonning to Cheltenham in Gloucestershire, without incident.

Apart from when I'd just ridden down a slick icy road. Parked up on the pavement, put down the kick-stand, got off the bike and fell flat on my arse.

Quick Stop
  • Quick Stop

Group: SRS incorporated

• Members

Posted 14 February 2009 - 12:14 PM

QUOTE (dog_day_sunrise @ Feb 13 2009, 07:50)
Despite the snow last week, I rode into London from Sonning in Berkshire twice, and from Sonning to Cheltenham in Gloucestershire, without incident.

Apart from when I'd just ridden down a slick icy road. Parked up on the pavement, put down the kick-stand, got off the bike and fell flat on my arse.

lol.gif All of that and then when its over you go flying

TyphoonJames
  • TyphoonJames

King Cobra

• Members

Posted 17 March 2009 - 11:22 PM

Ducati 1098 inlove.gif

Pico
  • Pico

cinnamon ropes

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 18 March 2009 - 03:14 AM

Awesome bump.

While it's up here I'll take the opportunity to let you guys know I've signed up for Motorcycle Safety Class. I'm aware I don't HAVE to take it to get my license, BUT not only will it cut down on my insurance when I get a bike, it'll also teach me to... well to ride a motorcycle lol.gif

It's not until mid July, which sucks but it'll give me time to study the manual and be able to pass the written exam. My friend also said he'll let me try out his bike a bit, it's a brand new Harley 1200 Roadster, so I'm a little afraid. Thank god I'm not a small guy, I should be able to handle it ok. I'm more afraid of dropping it and breaking something on the bike, rather than hurting myself!

I'm getting anxious though, seeing all these people on motorcycles the past few days since it's been warm. I'm f*cking jealous!

chappers
  • chappers

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 28 April 2009 - 04:29 PM

biggrin.gif ye you cant beat a bike when the weather is good. i passed my test back in jan and still havent got round to gettin a bike yet sad.gif .

Still hopefully it wont be to long!

Taste Of Chaos
  • Taste Of Chaos

Bill doesn't know.

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 07 May 2009 - 10:15 PM

I'm only on a Honda CBR125r right now (which is in the garage being repaired courtesy of some dumb c*nt at a roundabout). But for a 125 it goes like sh*t off a shovel, I've had 86mph out of it, though that was going downhill on a warm day travelling with the wind, and I've beaten all sorts of sh*t off the green light.

I've been offered a Light Blue Suzuki Bandit 600 for when I pass my test for 1,500, pretty much mint condition and I know the geezer who's selling it. So hopefully I can get some pics up of that sooner rather than later.

But for now, this is what I'm with.

user posted image

The Yardies

• Members
  • Jamaica

Posted 17 May 2009 - 05:15 PM

QUOTE (Martini Racing @ Aug 3 2005, 17:09)
Here's where you go to discuss motorbikes of all kinds, dirtbikes, superbikes, choppers, bicycles, anything!

i just took before/after pics of my moped that i totally pimped out..

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

there should be a 2nd before pic because
i bought it the way it comes out of the factory,
completely raped it
and then fixed the broken ..plastic parts,
bought a couple of new features and painted it.

also: nice bikes anuj and TOC
i hope that someday i can afford one

chris
  • chris

Everton FC

• The Connection

Posted 17 May 2009 - 05:28 PM

Looks good man.

Digital Warlord.
  • Digital Warlord.

Blood & Thunder

• Members

Posted 31 May 2009 - 01:26 PM Edited by Digital Warlord., 31 May 2009 - 01:29 PM.

Here's the bike I used to ride:
http://dvmoto.moo/im...black_ideal.jpg

user posted image

Man, she was sweet. It could be like sitting on a missile, and the faster you went, the harder she accelerated. I never ever topped her out.

Got her to 140mph, two up, one time. That's scary, every little stone makes the tires lift for a microsecond, and the broken white line turns solid.

Another time, after a winter of safe riding, I realised I was riding her like an old man, and going downhill, I opened her up - she popped a wheelie on accelerator alone! Going downhill! That's some awesome powerage.

I miss my dead bike.

*Sigh*

dog_day_sunrise
  • dog_day_sunrise

• Members

Posted 31 May 2009 - 10:07 PM

Only 140? Try harder wink.gif

How'd she die?

Digital Warlord.
  • Digital Warlord.

Blood & Thunder

• Members

Posted 01 June 2009 - 09:04 AM

QUOTE (dog_day_sunrise @ May 31 2009, 22:07)
Only 140? Try harder wink.gif

How'd she die?

She was sold. But let's say she died.

I got into a serious head on collision whilst riding at the speed limit, on my side of the road, in broad daylight, good conditions, with my lights on, and wearing a fluorescent vest, and still an idiot drove into me in a head on (she pulled from a sidestreet onto the wrong side of the road straight into me) because, she said, 'I didn't see you'. Luckily I didn't brake at all and somersaulted straight over the top of the car and landed on my ass, and got away with a minor knee injury and impact wounds/stitches only (where you hit the ground so hard your skin splits - strangely at the front of my legs, even though I hit the ground with ass/backs of legs) - no breakages. Very lucky for me. (she got convicted of dangerous driving).

Anyway, biking is a pleasure. You have to engage and concentrate so fully, and experience things so immediately, it is deeply relaxing. I miss the pleasure of riding, I miss the sudden temperature drop as you ride so you think 'oh hitting a cold front, it's gonna rain in a minute', and I miss the hitting a bend just right and letting the machine work with you to get around it and bring you out safely, and I miss the acknowledgement and camaradarie you get with other bikers.

dog_day_sunrise
  • dog_day_sunrise

• Members

Posted 01 June 2009 - 09:31 AM

Camaradarie and friendly rivalry are two of the best thinks about biking, particularly in the weather we have at the moment. I turned 24 yesterday, and treated myself to a new set of BMW Motorrad sports suit for the nice weather. Also been looking at upgrading my bike, have a test ride of a Triumph Daytona 675 booked for 3.00 today, and will be looking at the new BMW S1000RR when it hits the dealerships. Never bought a bike or car from new in my life, but am interested in doing so.

Pico
  • Pico

cinnamon ropes

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 20 July 2009 - 04:15 PM

Well, I passed the Motorcycle Safety Course yesterday! The written test was a breeze, I never read the manual, like I said I would in a post aobve earlier this year, just went over it in class. Got a friggin 100% on that. Easy sh*t.
The riding test was pretty damn simple too, after all the riding we got Saturday and earlier in the day Sunday. I was worried most about the quick stop. You had to get up to about 12-18mph, I was doing about 15 or so and stop in the shortest distance possible. I believe they wanted you to stop in 12-15 feet. I couldn't believe it when they said I did perfect on that! 320lbs on a Yamaha TW200 (while it's a small bike) is a lot of weight going at 15mph for this tiny brakes.
My biggest problem with sudden stopping is that I grab the throttle too hard with my thumb and rev up the engine. Of course the clutch is in so it doesn't go anywhere but it makes the sudden stop all the more hectic.

The other parts were easy as sh*t, but I guess I was too careless and lost a few points but nothing serious. Going to take in my slip and grab my license at the DMV this week! So f*cking excited... I need a bike now! tounge2.gif
Seriously, it's going to suck because I don't see myself getting one until at least next spring.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users