sivispacem
  • sivispacem

Empty Pleasures and Desperate Measures since 1994

• United-Kingdom
  • Contribution Award [D&D, General Chat]
    Most Knowledgeable [Vehicles] 2013
    Best Debater 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011

Posted 11 April 2014 - 02:48 PM

I've got and old-school Thunderace but that's more supersport than hyper.
  • BOSS 1992 likes this

BOSS 1992
  • BOSS 1992

OVER THE LINE!

• Members
  • Brazil
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 12 April 2014 - 01:13 AM Edited by BOSS 302, 12 April 2014 - 01:36 AM.

I've got and old-school Thunderace but that's more supersport than hyper.

Do you mind posting a pic? :)

I'm curious because I love superbikes/supersports/hypersports

I miss this beauty

111111111111111111111111111111111111.jpg

it was my dad's first SBK, he also had an '89 Honda CBX750 (same model, same color):

Spoiler

SouthLand
  • SouthLand

CE SABADELL FC

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 15 April 2014 - 10:48 AM

I miss my Gilera Runner SP 50cc

I had this when i was 14-16 and i remember when we used to do races on Fridays after school near our High School. I also used this to pick up my first two gf's... Good memories indeed

13332_174546992810_6262348_n.jpg

13332_174547017810_1153408_n.jpg

13332_174547047810_4617849_n.jpg

(It rarely snows in Barcelona, until once which it snowed when i was in school)

24667_354101282810_2681193_n.jpg

24667_354113182810_2606057_n.jpg

K^2
  • K^2

Vidi Vici Veni

• United-States
  • Most Knowledgeable [Web Development/Programming] 2013
    Most Knowledgeable [GTA Series] 2011
    Best Debater 2010

Posted 21 April 2014 - 12:13 AM

Went riding with my wife last weekend on the Ninja I got over the winter. Just got around to uploading some photos. Still getting used to the shifter. Everything's happening at much higher RPM than I'm used to.

10294437_10102365240446214_8864149076666

We are considering a longer trip along the East coast. I know I can get some tank bags that will work just fine, but it'd be nice to have a bit more storage space. Any of you guys know if it would be possible to attach some side bags that won't interfere with the rider? It's an EX250-F, as you can probably tell from the picture.

Torcidas
  • Torcidas

rm -rf /

• Members

Posted 21 April 2014 - 04:04 AM

K^2, nice ride dude, I hope you are enjoying it. :) If this is your first motorcycle, I'd really suggest you get used to the bike on your own before riding 2up. Another persons weight on the rear wheel can change a lot of the dynamics of riding a motorcycle and can catch you off guard, particularly if you don't that many miles under your belt. It's important that you are very comfortable on your own, and especially on a 250cc where you do not have so much leverage with power to work with.. it is harder to accelerate, corner, and your stopping distance is larger when riding with a passenger. Then again, I don't know your riding history or anything (you could be the second coming of Rossi for all I know), so YMMV. Ride safe!

To answer your question, I know there are side/saddle bags that you can clip under the passenger seat and they hang off the side just fine for the 09+ 250's, but I can't really say if they'll work for the older gen models. You can also check out this site http://faq.ninja250....ggage_&_Touring ..there's a wealth of information to be found there for a EX250 rider.... Also lots of good stuff about doing maintenance yourself which is always a plus.

I just went out for my first ride of the season, spent the last 3 days working on and cleaning my bike. Here's a couple quick pics..

tps3nrul.jpg

e2AQPgPl.jpg

Y0BB8cCl.jpg

Yes, that exhaust really is an odd colour lol. It's a Danmoto Jisu, used to be black, but unfortunately my bike ran a little rich and discoloured it after a few months. I've since shimmed the needles, runs amazing now. Not sure if I'll replace it yet lol. Also, if anyone is curious about all the branches on my lawn... http://en.wikipedia....rican_ice_storm Tons of damage haha.

• K^2 likes this

K^2
  • K^2

Vidi Vici Veni

• United-States
    Best Debater 2010

Posted 21 April 2014 - 04:59 AM

This is the first bike I own. I've learned to ride on a Suzuki Tu250X. And yes, riding with a passenger feels completely different. I'm certainly going to put a lot more miles solo before going for something more serious with a passenger. So far, we've only been riding together in our small town. Fortunately, riding a motorcycle feels very natural, so I'm adjusting very fast. But I also know, from experience with other vehicles, that you only learn to deal with some situations with mileage. So don't worry, we won't jump into it unprepared. I just want to start looking at options early.

I've also heard mixed things about speed-wobble on the EX250-F, which is only that much more likely to occur with a load on the rear. I haven't had any hint of a wobble so far, but I've not pushed it much either. So I'm not going to ride at any significant speed with a passenger until I know for sure how it handles through a range of speeds and accelerations. In either case, we wanted to plan the trip via country roads, avoiding freeways, both for a bit of a safety margin and, hopefully, to have a better experience. We were once caught in a 4 hour traffic jam on 95/495 trying to get around D.C. on the way back from Virginia Beach. That would have been hell on a motorcycle. I really want to avoid that.

And thank you for the link. It definitely gives me some ideas.

ryuclan
  • ryuclan

Maybe I'll Stay awhile

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 24 April 2014 - 02:53 AM

Personally I would not go on a trip on a 250, especially not 2up.

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Alcoholic Blues

• BUSTED!
  • United-States
  • Most Helpful [Expression] 2013

Posted 08 May 2014 - 09:21 PM

Well, I finally saw that El Diablo (Jesse James WCC) bike that the guy's dad owned. In person, those bikes look even more beautiful than what we see on the television or magazines. Love the look and style of the El Diablo's but personally, too much chrome for me.. I would never have the time to keep it clean and it would just rust and decay and cost me more in maintaining than the bike is worth but damn.

Been riding to work the last couple days since the weather has been clear and warm, well HOT. Nearly got ran off the road the other morning by some dumbass texting or facebooking with his phone.. I'm pretty sure he has a dent on the driver side door after that.. I kicked it pretty hard after flying up next to him.. the bastard. But yeah, figured I'd share that and tell you guys to keep your eyes on the road and the vehicles around you.. seems like every year, the drivers get more ignorant or prone to using their cell phones while driving. So be careful man.

• Failure likes this

ryuclan
  • ryuclan

Maybe I'll Stay awhile

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 08 May 2014 - 11:47 PM Edited by ryuclan, 08 May 2014 - 11:54 PM.

Yeah man I've been in Illinois for training (bullsh*t) and have ridden a few times this year. I am loving every minute. I have been doing the SMIDSY weave  at every opportunity. I can't tell whether it's worked or not but I am pretty confident that it at least helps.

I just notice that I haven't posted a picture of my bike painted.

10001481_10154064593980611_8130424557990

It's black with silver flake and a red candy over. I think it looks great and I still have some tweaking to do. I want to get rid of the megaphone exhaust and put some small tips on. I might try to find a wind shield and I need saddlebags or a tool bag for the rear. Oh, and I want to replace that ugly headlight.

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Alcoholic Blues

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 09 May 2014 - 07:55 PM

Cool looking Honda man.. glad you finally got it painted. My brother in law had a bike similar to that one, it was a Virago 750, not sure the year on it. He rode it for about a year and finally he bought a bike from my dad, Heritage Softail. You should upgrade :p Bikes are like tattoos man, get one, gotta get more!

ryuclan
  • ryuclan

Maybe I'll Stay awhile

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 10 May 2014 - 05:53 PM

Thanks man. I really want to get another bike when my toolbox is paid for. Something I can do some touring on. That bike only gets about 35mpg and the tank is too small.

So today I mounted a new front tire and went for a small break in romp. She feels good, and putting the tire on myself was so easy lol.

• GunWrath likes this

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Alcoholic Blues

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 10 May 2014 - 10:06 PM

Are you in the US? If so, you should ride through Deal's Gap, 300+ curves in 11 miles.. called 'The Dragon'.

My favorite part is the shame tree .. people that end up laying down their bikes or whatever put a part of it on the tree.. pretty hilarious.. the same bro in law I've mentioned above has acouple on there.. lmao

DSCN2471.jpg

ryuclan
  • ryuclan

Maybe I'll Stay awhile

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 11 May 2014 - 01:02 AM

I actually really want to go there a couple times. I've seen videos of it and there is nothing like that here in Wisconsin.

Just rode a little bit just now, I was getting jittery lol. Gotta say I used to be a little scared riding, but now it's like riding a bike used to feel. It's exhilarating and I wish I could ride year round. Might have to talk the wife into moving somewhere south haha.

Capture_zps1125b820.jpg

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Alcoholic Blues

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 17 May 2014 - 04:36 AM

I remember my first ride on the Interstate some years back.. I was a nervous wreck. My dad and his pals were usually riding about 80-90mph.. I was on my little Honda Shadow 650 then but after acouple months of riding like that and I finally moved up to the big bikes.. I got comfortable, seems to me the bigger the bike, the better the riding and easier to control.

That little 650 was all over the place man, it was like a bicycle with too much power, one simple weight shift would have that thing nearly flat and knee on the asphalt. But riding and hauling ass is natural now.. last time I got shook up was acouple years ago and I was doing about 55-60 and some teens in a mustang shot out in front of me to get into the turning lane so I hit the rear brake and it locked up, I ended up jack-knifing the bike for a good 40ft before regaining control.. after that fear dissolved away after recovering, I hit a quit u-turn and went after those mf'ers.. caught up to them and kicked the driver door, said some words and stormed off.

That was my most frightening experience yet.. hopefully the only one man. My county used to be small man, not much traffic and all but a lot of people from inner Savannah has started moving out this way and the streets are full of ignorant, non-driving facebook addicts or people who don't look out for bikers. It's at the point that I'm going to start sending rounds at cars that endanger my life or the biker in front, next to me or behind me.

Should def talk to your wife though man.. tell her you joined an MC and all that and you have no choice but to move :p

K^2
  • K^2

Vidi Vici Veni

• United-States
    Best Debater 2010

Posted 19 May 2014 - 12:15 AM

seems to me the bigger the bike, the better the riding and easier to control.

It should. The simple physics of it requires heavy and light bikes to be designed a little differently, with heavier bikes ending up more forgiving of small errors at high speeds.

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Alcoholic Blues

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 19 May 2014 - 09:51 PM

Certainly seems that way, I remember in my teen years and before that I was always intimidated by my dad's bike at the time, it was huge. Just the fear of having to hold it up but he gave me a trial by fire one day when my girlfriend visited the house and we were all outside, he was like "hop on it, take it for a spin!" .. so in order to impress and show off, I went for it and suprisingly, it was no harder than handling my dirt bike.

Depending on the bike though, some larger ones are hard to handle, especially custom frames, rigids or those who like to put a fair amount of rake in their front ends. My custom ironhead is hard to maneuver and it's rigid, so you feel every bump in the road. Though I only use it as a city bike or local cruising. I've spoiled myself on my Road King, I haven't taken my other bikes out in months, if not longer.

LeopardGecko
  • LeopardGecko

GTA biker

• Members
  • Croatia

Posted 02 June 2014 - 09:39 PM

Hi,

I'm posting for your opinions. I am buying a road legal (UK) Motorbike. Don't want anything brand new, just something that works and is 50cc. I was thinking of a:

Aprilia Rs 50

Aprilia sx 50

Derbi GPR

Gillera DNA 50

can you think of any others? and what are your opinions on those? I can do a bit of work such as electrical or bodywork but i cant do a full restoration on the engine for example.

Help would be appriciated

There are also Yamaha TZR 50 and Tomos Streetmate.I know that either it or Aprilia RS 50 are among the fastest 50 cc bikes.I also think that Gilera DNA and Tomos Streetmate don´t have gears,but I´m not sure.I don´t know much else about those "sporty" mopeds.

Xavierr
  • Xavierr

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 18 June 2014 - 05:05 AM

Can someone rate these cars from worst to best?

1. MTT turbine superbike
2. BMW s1000rr
3. BMW hp4
4. Ducati Pringle 1911
5. Honda cbr1000rr fireblade

Also, what's a good beginner sports bike?

And , how do I convince my parents to let me get a sports bike?

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

• United-Kingdom

Posted 18 June 2014 - 07:03 AM

Best is largely subjective, but the MTT is utterly pointless and the S1000RR by far the best bike I've ever ridden.

Suzuki GS500F would be a good learner sports bike.

As for convincing your parents, I'd imagine it would be best not to and do it out of your own pocket.
  • Xavierr likes this

Xavierr
  • Xavierr

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 18 June 2014 - 11:55 AM

Oh ok, thanks

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Alcoholic Blues

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 18 June 2014 - 10:43 PM

Or convince them by taking a motorcycle safety class/course or something. I don't even mess around with sport bikes man, they're dangerous for people like me. Even for skilled riders, they can be challenging. I would suggest starting out on something small and comfortable before moving up to that category.

K^2
  • K^2

Vidi Vici Veni

• United-States
    Best Debater 2010

Posted 24 June 2014 - 03:50 AM

The sporty bikes in the 250cc flavor seem to be alright for relative beginners. I got a Ninja 250 as my first bike, and I couldn't be happier. It has enough power to be fun, but not enough to be extra difficult to control.

That said, when I was taking it home from dealership, I did very nearly low-sided on the very first traffic light. Mismatched gears and rolled on too much throttle. The bike did a 90° turn in place, but I somehow managed to stay on it and kept moving after the turn. And that's after learning to ride and taking a safety course.

So whether you're selling idea to your parents, or going to buy it out of pocket, GunWrath's suggestion is a solid one. Take the safety course. Seriously. In fact, take it before you decide on which bike to get. It might change your perception. They would typically have 200cc-250cc street bikes that are about as easy to ride as it gets. If you find these difficult to control, buy a street bike first. Some of them look rather nice, and trust me, it will have enough power to be fun. They are also a bit more practical. I have to wait for, like, five minutes for my Ninja's carb to warm up before I can go anywhere. While the Suzuki TU250x that I learned on had an injector.

For me, the biggest challenge and the most fun is still the gear shift. Sport bikes can accelerate. And they have a huge RPM range. But it's still all I can do to keep up with the shifter when going from 0 to 60 on a state highway. If you have experience with manual transmission, and you feel really comfortable with bikes at the safety course, having no problems with controlling it, switching gears, or going through their courses, then there is no reason not to get a small engine sports bike. But learn to ride first.

Whatever you do, don't start with a 1,000cc super sport bike. You'll get yourself killed. And possibly someone else, too.

P.S. I've actually lost my license plate last time I went riding. "Plastic bolts won't rust, and are just as solid," my ass. Anyone has a clue how much of a trouble it's to replace the plates?

El Diablo
  • El Diablo

"The Devil"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars
  • April Fools Loser 2015

Posted 24 June 2014 - 05:38 AM

I almost forgot that we had a bike topic.

I'll just leave this here because they're some of the coolest builds I've seen in a long time.

http://www.bikeexif....oke-motorcycles

my personal favorite is the Suzuki GT550 “Honduki”

suzuki-2-stroke-motorcycle-625x416.jpg

This ’75 GT550-powered custom from MotorHangar in Virginia is mental—and downright desirable. It’s a bit of a parts-bin special, but in the best way possible. The subframe is custom, the tail unit is from a Kawasaki GPZ and the expansion chambers are from a Kawasaki H1. There’s also a Honda headlight, a Suzuki SV650 swingarm and GSX-R forks and wheels. Naturally the air-cooled triple’s been bored out as well—to .50 over. Completed entirely in-house, including the paint and graphics, it’s straight out of the left field—but should make for an explosive ride.

really makes me want to build my own someday.

one of my best buddies and I from college got into the cafe racer scene a little on the East Coast. he still owns a Yamaha I believe.

The Online Gamer
  • The Online Gamer

I'm a rebel

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 24 June 2014 - 06:43 AM Edited by The Online Gamer, 24 June 2014 - 06:47 AM.

I've always had a bit of a soft spot for Harley's. even though they are said to be a pain because of constant maintanance, they look cool and they are simply amazing.
My uncle is working on one, keeping it in his shop.
I'd trade my truck for that thing any time.

Xavierr
  • Xavierr

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 24 June 2014 - 07:41 PM

Okay, does anyone know general laws and regulations regarding electric bikes?

Like would I need a motorcycle to ride one, and I can I ride on the sidewalk?

I've tried looking online for the rules in my state in they've given me nothing.

Electric bikes are quieter, I can opt to pedal, so I'd imagine it'd be less likely to draw attention from cops right?

And what's the consequences of leaving it out in the rain?

I'm looking for alternatives methods to commute to work because I just had to get rid of my old car.

K^2
  • K^2

Vidi Vici Veni

• United-States
    Best Debater 2010

Posted 24 June 2014 - 11:47 PM

It's very state-dependent. But in most states, electric bicycle will be equated to either a bicycle or a moped. Check your local laws. If it's treated as a bicycle, you can usually get away with riding on a sidewalk. There can be city/municipality laws that forbid you from riding a bicycle on the sidewalks, though, and cops might be more likely to bust you for it with an electric bike. So again, check local laws. If it's treated as a moped, all of the local moped laws apply, including whether you need a helmet, whether you need a license endorsement, etc.

Wikipedia has an article that outlines electric bike laws in the U.S. General info is in the table linked, and additional state-by-state laws are mentioned. This isn't entirely comprehensive, but it should give you some idea.

Torcidas
  • Torcidas

rm -rf /

• Members

Posted 01 July 2014 - 12:33 AM

What do you fine folks wear on the hottest of days when riding? It hit about 38C today in Toronto, and was extremely humid and I couldn't last even 5 minutes wearing a textile jacket. I always feel guilty for some reason or another when riding with a t-shirt, but today was just unbearable and I had to. Though I do always ride with good shoes, jeans, and leather gauntlets. I also find that less people wave to me when I ride squid lol. :miranda:

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

• United-Kingdom

Posted 01 July 2014 - 06:52 AM

If it's hot, a one-piece race suit with my back protector underneath. The rest of the time, waterproof two-piece ones. If I'm going to town and therefore won't be doing over 30, my two piece jacket and Draggin' jeans.

Daz
  • Daz

Pirandello/Kruger

• Cyclop 9
  • None
  • Best Poster [Gaming] 2014

Posted 14 July 2014 - 12:50 PM Edited by Daz, 14 July 2014 - 12:55 PM.

Here is a question for you lot.

I have been thinking of getting a Rieju Marathon 125cc, for transport purposes, to get to and from work. Pic: http://www.motorcycl...97.IMG_7015.jpg

The issue is that bike costs £3,399. which is stupidly overpriced and I have only found one used on any website whatsoever which is about a grand less but in white, which I don't want.

What other choices do I have? The only other 125cc Supermoto style bike that is cheap and at that power is the Pulse Adrenaline or Sinnis Apache, both of which look almost identical. But I don't like them as much as the Rieju bikes which seem to ride higher and look better. I also hear that the Pulse Adrenaline bikes are kind of cheap in quality. Though I don't mind too much as long as it runs properly and gets me from A to B.

Aside from those mentioned, there is also the Lexmoto LSM, Pic: http://motorcyclesfo...lsm-50-cc-1.jpg

But that is only 50cc which I think is a bit puny even for a commuter. There are also cheaper Rieju bikes in 50cc as well.

Is 50cc really just a pile of horse sh*t, or is it in any way decent for just getting somewhere, or will it just make me really sad?

I need to go 9 miles, a total of 18.5 aprox to work and back and I will likely have to go onto roads with a speed limit up to 70MPH and at least some at 40MPH with no alternative route.

Anyone got any other better choices for me? I really don't want to spend more than £2000 neither. I am only looking for a motocross style bike, no lame scooters, thnx. Also must be learner legal.

Any ideas?

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

• United-Kingdom

Posted 14 July 2014 - 01:38 PM

I'd not get a supermoto style 125 if I'm honest. They're really not commuter bikes- uncomfortable, exposed and generally compromised for road use.

I'm a huge proponent of the Suzuki Van-Van as a learner 125.

50cc is sh*t, yes.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users