Photo

The Motorcycle Topic

846 replies to this topic
ryuclan
  • ryuclan

Maybe I'll Stay awhile

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 29 June 2013 - 05:54 PM

QUOTE (GunWrath @ Saturday, Jun 29 2013, 16:33)
Thank y'all and nice riding, Ryu.. 120 miles is a great stress reliever until you run out of gas. Had that happen numerous times.. especially the hiccup part and 110, nice progress.. how many bugs were in your teeth?

None in my teeth because I wear a fullface but the helmet was plastered and I'm pretty sure either a really big dragonfly or a really small bird blasted me in the shoulder. I have a windshield on the way which should help with rain and the wind that was pushing me backwards.

I would like to get mine looking similar to this one.
user posted image

user posted image

I would like the seat a little farther back, straighter bars, and hopefully a bigger fuel tank. Also I don't know if I want to keep dual shocks or go for a rigid set up. I like the suspension as it is but I can't really get any good saddlebags for it. If I went rigid I could easily fab up some nice hardbags.

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Needs More Beer

• Members
  • United-States
  • Most Helpful [Expression] 2013

Posted 30 June 2013 - 07:22 AM

That isn't too shabby, definitely an easy customization with the right amount of time. That tank looks so massive on that bobber version though mercie_blink.gif lol but more gas means more riding.

I wouldn't recommend a rigid if you plan on doing long rides and touring.. your bones will feel it after awhile. You can always find bags that will work or simply make a custom bracket to add some storage later on. Just focus on getting the bike looking how you want first then the ideas will flow in. But if you want rigid, go for it.. don't say I didn't warn you.

As far as the bars, you can make or buy some drag bars (handlebars) if you're not familiar with that term.. I wouldn't worry about those too much. I'm an ape-hanger type of guy or mini-apes, my bro in law is the drag bar, modern type of dude.. so he has the drag bars. Are you going to start chopping soon or is it just a 'I want' thing going on right now?

ryuclan
  • ryuclan

Maybe I'll Stay awhile

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 30 June 2013 - 02:43 PM

I was thinking superbike bars or clubmans. The ones that are on there come too close to the chest and, because I have a bad back, it gets really uncomfortable after a while. I plan on doing the actual chopping in the winter so I don't miss any riding, but I also wish I had a garage of my own that was big enough to work in. We live in an apartment right now and my fiancee always has her car in the garage.

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Needs More Beer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 July 2013 - 01:37 AM

Fiance will just have to compromise then devil.gif Nah, well I'm sure on days off or something you can back her car out and work on your bike alittle and just keep it covered with a tarp if exposed to the elements.

I ended up building a shop here at the house, at first I bought one of those pre-built buildings but once I went into business of building bikes I had to upgrade, cost a good bit of coin but ended up paying for it within just acouple months of business, so I made out well. Maybe you have a friend or someone with a building you can use?

ryuclan
  • ryuclan

Maybe I'll Stay awhile

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 01 July 2013 - 11:40 AM

Well when I pulled the carbs off I used my friend from work's garage. He is currently re-restoring a Model A in there so he doesn't mind me working on my bike. But he's also doing a lot of body work and his garage is very dusty at the moment. For right now I'm just enjoying riding and getting my chops up. There are still some things I want to get more comfortable with.

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Needs More Beer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 July 2013 - 03:54 AM

I hear you. Well ride safe man and enjoy yourself. Keep us up to date on your chop in the near future. colgate.gif

friendly luggage
  • friendly luggage

Catch a ride!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 02 July 2013 - 05:19 PM

Hey guys
How can I stop the spark plug on my bike from burning up so quickly? After a month or two, I usually have to bump start my bike quite often. It bump starts very easily and seems to run fine, so I don't understand why changing the plug helps. I have always used the NGK B8ES plugs which are recommended in the manual.

ryuclan
  • ryuclan

Maybe I'll Stay awhile

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 03 July 2013 - 12:04 AM

QUOTE (illegal_luggage @ Tuesday, Jul 2 2013, 17:19)
Hey guys
How can I stop the spark plug on my bike from burning up so quickly? After a month or two, I usually have to bump start my bike quite often. It bump starts very easily and seems to run fine, so I don't understand why changing the plug helps. I have always used the NGK B8ES plugs which are recommended in the manual.

Well i guess you can start with the basics and make sure your gap is correct. If the plugs are being fouled then you might have a fuel issue. What do they look like when you take them out?

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Needs More Beer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 July 2013 - 01:52 AM

Yeah, sounds like you may have a fuel issue.. see what the tip of your plugs look like then report back.

If they're black (covered in carbon) and smell like gasoline pretty heavily, chances are the bike is running rich and fuel needs to be adjusted.

Ciaran
  • Ciaran

• The Connection
  • Ireland
  • Contribution Award [GTA Online]

Posted 03 July 2013 - 03:40 PM

QUOTE (GunWrath @ Saturday, Jun 22 2013, 22:22)
Forgot about this topic a while back.. but I finished adding a fairing (include radio/cd player) and repainted the bike to a matte black.

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

These shots were right before I polished and washed 'er up. Ignore the ugly leather saddlebags, they're nice but temporary as I'm more of a hard-bag type of guy, which I haven't had the time to paint them, I'll finish and put them on when I get back home. I had to make a homemade paint booth at the house bc of all the rain lately.. which now I'm around 4hrs from home and it's raining up here too suicidal.gif but the trip did good, radio played well and the fairing helped keep the wind out of my face for once.

Awesome bike GunWrath!

Pukemaggots
  • Pukemaggots

No Sir, I don't like it

• Members

Posted 03 July 2013 - 04:28 PM

QUOTE (illegal_luggage @ Tuesday, Jul 2 2013, 14:19)
Hey guys

What kind of bike and whats done to it....

friendly luggage
  • friendly luggage

Catch a ride!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 04 July 2013 - 10:23 AM

QUOTE (Pukemaggots @ Wednesday, Jul 3 2013, 16:28)
Hey guys

It's a Derbi GPR 50 which has been kept original. I'll take out the plug and inspect it later today. The bike is going in for a service later this month so I'll look into the issue of it running rich.
Thanks icon14.gif

GTAV92
  • GTAV92

Gamemaster

• Members

Posted 05 July 2013 - 04:18 PM

QUOTE (illegal_luggage @ Thursday, Jul 4 2013, 10:23)
Hey guys

It's a Derbi GPR 50 which has been kept original. I'll take out the plug and inspect it later today. The bike is going in for a service later this month so I'll look into the issue of it running rich.
Thanks icon14.gif

I use to have a 2008 derbi senda xtreme 50cc, Had the bike for two years from new and was a great machine (never let me down)
Because there such little engines and being a 2 stroke they don't deserve to be on the limiter all the time - this will suffer in performance loss cause engine damage and fry the spark plug. Just give the engine a break now and again too let it cool down especially if the weather is hot, yes its good to give it a blast too clear the exhaust system.
Make sure the fuel and oil settings are correct - but i wouldn't worry to much if your bike is getting serviced!

Have fun colgate.gif

friendly luggage
  • friendly luggage

Catch a ride!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 05 July 2013 - 06:49 PM

QUOTE (GTAV92 @ Friday, Jul 5 2013, 16:18)
Hey guys

Thanks icon14.gif

I use to have a 2008 derbi senda xtreme 50cc, Had the bike for two years from new and was a great machine (never let me down)
Because there such little engines and being a 2 stroke they don't deserve to be on the limiter all the time - this will suffer in performance loss cause engine damage and fry the spark plug. Just give the engine a break now and again too let it cool down especially if the weather is hot, yes its good to give it a blast too clear the exhaust system.
Make sure the fuel and oil settings are correct - but i wouldn't worry to much if your bike is getting serviced!

Have fun colgate.gif

It is a fun bike to ride. I've had my bike since I was 16 so I had this bike for just over two years. Only 4000 miles done on the bike all together, it had 990 when I got it and it's an '09 bike. The previous owner of the bike fell off and bent the handlebars, as well as scratching and cracking the body.
Here's my two month old plug:
user posted image

GTAV92
  • GTAV92

Gamemaster

• Members

Posted 05 July 2013 - 07:12 PM

QUOTE (illegal_luggage @ Friday, Jul 5 2013, 18:49)
QUOTE (GTAV92 @ Friday, Jul 5 2013, 16:18)
Hey guys

Thanks icon14.gif

Have fun colgate.gif

It is a fun bike to ride. I've had my bike since I was 16 so I had this bike for just over two years. Only 4000 miles done on the bike all together, it had 990 when I got it and it's an '09 bike. The previous owner of the bike fell off and bent the handlebars, as well as scratching and cracking the body.
Here's my two month old plug:
user posted image

Okay looking at that spark plug it looks perfectly normal, are you sure you have got a problem with the spark plug?

ryuclan
  • ryuclan

Maybe I'll Stay awhile

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 17 July 2013 - 12:40 AM

So I finally manned up and stopped making excuses to ride to work everyday and I'm glad I did. I just really wish I lived farther from work lol. 5 minute ride everyday isn't as fun as I thought it would be lol.

trip
  • trip

~

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 19 July 2013 - 09:40 PM

QUOTE (ryuclan @ Tuesday, Jul 16 2013, 20:40)
So I finally manned up and stopped making excuses to ride to work everyday and I'm glad I did. I just really wish I lived farther from work lol. 5 minute ride everyday isn't as fun as I thought it would be lol.

Bout f*ckin' time. tounge2.gif
I kid, I kid.

This is one of those suck ass summers for riding around here. It is either raining, or too f*cking hot to ride. We are legally allowed to lane split here because of the heat. I only do it on one bridge coming home if traffic is at a stand still. The problem is the cab drivers are dicks and will turn in the front of their cabs just to be dicks.

Honest though...too f*cking hot to ride. It better be one of those fall/winters where I can ride though November.

ryuclan
  • ryuclan

Maybe I'll Stay awhile

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 20 July 2013 - 03:42 PM

Yeah. I wouldn't say its too hot to ride here but I sweat very easily and my helmet gets musky after a long ride. I have a mesh jacket that helps but at a light it feels like friggin wool. My solution is to ride faster. biggrin.gif

BCspeed34
  • BCspeed34

CEO

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 08 August 2013 - 03:10 AM

Washed the Ducati today.

user posted image

ryuclan
  • ryuclan

Maybe I'll Stay awhile

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 08 August 2013 - 03:03 PM

Mmmmmmmmmm nice bike.

I put some less goofy bars on my bike and this bike really does it for me now. It really grew on me. Also to top it off I let my buddy ride it and he really wants a bike like mine now. He's got an R6 and he wants a bike like my 84 Magna LOL!!! I rode his bike and it was indeed not a good position for me although I love the tight controls.

Valenta
  • Valenta

True hope is swift.

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 08 August 2013 - 05:37 PM

@BCspeed34: Sweet ride! inlove.gif

trip
  • trip

~

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 17 August 2013 - 04:24 PM

So I have no choice but pick up a new battery tomorrow. Not a big deal, but my wife is coming. That means my simple $100 purchase will turn into 100s of dollars worth of miscellaneous bike fun shopping.

Pukemaggots
  • Pukemaggots

No Sir, I don't like it

• Members

Posted 17 August 2013 - 04:30 PM

QUOTE (trip @ Saturday, Aug 17 2013, 13:24)
So I have no choice but pick up a new battery tomorrow. Not a big deal, but my wife is coming. That means my simple $100 purchase will turn into 100s of dollars worth of miscellaneous bike fun shopping.

Put a factory battery in it or you will just be wasting your money.

trip
  • trip

~

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 19 August 2013 - 09:42 PM

Totally. Factory battery is now in and all is better. Hey I even managed to get out of the bike shop with just the battery. That almost never happens when the wife comes along.

It being Monday after a crazy/busy weekend; I ended up forgetting to leave the house with my boots on, and I didn't bring my helmet. So I had to ride home with weird work shoes and no helmet. Even though helmets are optional here I still wear one and feel totally weird riding without one.

Needless to say - I wasn't happy about my bike being left outside of my work place all uncovered and sh*t.

ryuclan
  • ryuclan

Maybe I'll Stay awhile

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 20 August 2013 - 03:19 AM

QUOTE (trip @ Monday, Aug 19 2013, 21:42)
It being Monday after a crazy/busy weekend; I ended up forgetting to leave the house with my boots on, and I didn't bring my helmet. So I had to ride home with weird work shoes and no helmet. Even though helmets are optional here I still wear one and feel totally weird riding without one.

I feel you man. I rode home for lunch one day with just sunglasses on and I did not like it. I could do it if completely necessary, but I definitely wouldn't make it common practice. Also after looking at my helmet after a ride, I wouldn't like all those bugs going up my noise and splattering on my face.

friendly luggage
  • friendly luggage

Catch a ride!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 23 August 2013 - 04:36 PM

My bike has started blowing out a blue-ish haze recently. I can see it when I look in the mirror and accelerate. In my manual the only thing I can adjust on my carburetor is my idle speed. Any ideas on where to start diagnosing?

ryuclan
  • ryuclan

Maybe I'll Stay awhile

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 23 August 2013 - 05:22 PM

QUOTE (illegal_luggage @ Friday, Aug 23 2013, 16:36)
My bike has started blowing out a blue-ish haze recently. I can see it when I look in the mirror and accelerate. In my manual the only thing I can adjust on my carburetor is my idle speed. Any ideas on where to start diagnosing?

Blue means oil. So check for any signs of heavy oil consumption.

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Needs More Beer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 August 2013 - 11:56 PM

Oh snap, I forgot all about this topic.

Anyways, yesterday I was able to buy back one of my first Harley's ever, '86 Heritage Softail, though the guy has done quite afew modifications since I last straddled that sexy monster.. it still has the S&S 6 speed Baker I put in it but I'll post pics soon, as it's storming like sh*t outside right now. I have her locked away in the shed right now.. but man, it brings back good memories and always feels good to get something back you used to have.

Unfortunately, the guy put drag bars on it .. ugh Not my go to type of bars .. but I'll change that with no problem. Look forward to pics and maybe happy tears smile.gif
  • trip likes this

trip
  • trip

~

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 06 September 2013 - 10:23 PM

^^^

Pics man.

My buddy has an anniversary Heritage still in the crate.  He bought it with the plan to keep it in the crate.  He's an old guy so his daily rider is a dressed out Road King.

This has been one of the sh*ttiest riding seasons around here.  We actually broke the record for rainiest summer in Philadelphia...and I don't ride in the rain.  When it wasn't raining it was like 100+f with 100+% humidity.  So even on the few dry days, riding just wasn't worth it.

But, f*ckin-A, the best part of the season is happening right now.  70's in the morning low 80's in the afternoon...and dry.  I have to ride with a light shell and my ass isn't drenched in sweat when I get home.  Having to change your underwear because you just got off of a 15 minute ride should not be.

Looking forward to busting out the leathers soon.

• GunWrath likes this

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Needs More Beer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 September 2013 - 11:44 PM

Nice.. in the crate still.. damn.. and you can never go wrong with a RKing :^:

Yeah man, it literally rained all summer here as well.. still rains every other day or so.. so riding is either you're soaked by rain or f*cking drenched in sweat like you said. But since I haven't taken the pics yet, I'll walk out there now and snap acouple for ya. Give me afew minutes and I'll post them up.

Some of my guys are headed to Alabama, they left acouple hours ago.. sadly, I can't go.. have some stuff to take care of here at the shop unfortunately.. but life and bills come first. I think acouple of our probates will finally get their cuts though, we'll see.. hope so man, got acouple good guys joining the outfit.

Anyways, be back in acouple mins brother

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users