Photo

The Motorcycle Topic

846 replies to this topic
JayC
  • JayC

WWJCD

• Feroci Racing

Posted 01 April 2013 - 11:56 AM

So I bought this. Its a Kawasaki Eliminator 125. Enjoying it so far but I really need to work on my technique.

user posted image

On Sunday I took it out on the Glasgow Yorkhill Easter Egg Run. A charity ride that usually attracts 1000+ bikes that raise money for our children's hospital. Was a great ride and a learning experience. Just got this photo from the start:

user posted image

ryuclan
  • ryuclan

Maybe I'll Stay awhile

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 01 April 2013 - 11:57 AM

QUOTE (Diggdydog @ Sunday, Mar 31 2013, 16:05)
Ryu, it sounds so much like your talking about IV haha!

Lol but seriously. I called him Saturday because we were supposed to go out and practice. He doesn't answer. Then yesterday I tell him I'm going out with my lady he asks if I want to go play some pool (no f*cking lie). Right after I told him I had plans.

Diggdydog
  • Diggdydog

Trick

• Angels of Death MC

Posted 01 April 2013 - 01:58 PM

Is your friend Roman Bellic, seriously? Hahah! biggrin.gif

trip
  • trip

~

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 02 April 2013 - 01:35 AM

QUOTE (JayC @ Monday, Apr 1 2013, 07:56)
So I bought this. Its a Kawasaki Eliminator 125. Enjoying it so far but I really need to work on my technique.

user posted image

That little thumper looks like great fun. Technique? What - holding the front break in and doing crazy doughnuts?

@Diggdydog - I'm with you and the weird IV ryuclan bowling thing. notify.gif

Sure. I had a great weekend to clean up, get the battery in, drop in fresh gas. A handful of minutes on the road. And now it looks like sh*t cold and rain for the week. I hate this time of year. angry.gif

ryuclan
  • ryuclan

Maybe I'll Stay awhile

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 02 April 2013 - 12:36 PM

No but he's just as needed.

Anyway Thursday is supposed to be our first hot day in Wisconsin and at 55 I'm thinking I can get some practice in.

Diggdydog
  • Diggdydog

Trick

• Angels of Death MC

Posted 02 April 2013 - 02:38 PM

Odd question for ya. Do any of you live in London? I'm moving down there in the next few weeks and I'm wondering if it's as scary to ride on the roads down there as it looks! It's my dream to finally buy a bike, but it's also my dream to live in London tounge2.gif

JayC
  • JayC

WWJCD

• Feroci Racing

Posted 03 April 2013 - 09:59 AM

@trip

I just mean cornering. Its been 8 months since I don't my CBT and hadn't ridden at all between then and now. Need to take it out more and learn to trust the tires to grip.

Its going to be around 7C today so I'll probably go for a ride later.

ryuclan
  • ryuclan

Maybe I'll Stay awhile

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 03 April 2013 - 11:52 AM

QUOTE (JayC @ Wednesday, Apr 3 2013, 09:59)
@trip

I just mean cornering. Its been 8 months since I don't my CBT and hadn't ridden at all between then and now. Need to take it out more and learn to trust the tires to grip.

My buddy has the same problem on his R6. Great in a straight line but he wimps out on the twisties. I know a few routes we could take this summer though that he can practice on. Hopefully neither of us go down.

I say, either take an advanced riders course to build confidence or just keep banging at it. Gentle progression.

trip
  • trip

~

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 04 April 2013 - 01:14 AM

QUOTE (ryuclan @ Wednesday, Apr 3 2013, 07:52)
@trip

My buddy has the same problem on his R6. Great in a straight line but he wimps out on the twisties. I know a few routes we could take this summer though that he can practice on. Hopefully neither of us go down.

I say, either take an advanced riders course to build confidence or just keep banging at it. Gentle progression.

I hear ya JayC...you know I was just f*cking around.

Oh hey and here is a heads up for you ryuclan since you live in an area that has snowy winters. It has to do with the whole corning thing. WATCH FOR CINDERS!!!! Around here it takes a mighty long time before all the winter road hazards are washes/cleaned away. Just a few cinders can take you down in a second.

You guys will see though... On those nice warm summer days when you know the road you've been riding for a while...you will be leaning hard into corners and your heart will skip a beat the second your foot peg hits the street.

I'm psyched for you guys. This will be like my 30th year riding on the streets and every year I get the same excited feeling when the season starts. Just the smell of the gas and oil is amazing, and every year it is the same.

It sounds like you guys are smart about it all. I like to think that if you have respect for knowing that you can die while riding, you'll be a good rider.

Shiny side up cool.gif

ryuclan
  • ryuclan

Maybe I'll Stay awhile

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 04 April 2013 - 03:15 AM Edited by ryuclan, 04 April 2013 - 03:44 AM.

QUOTE (trip @ Thursday, Apr 4 2013, 01:14)
QUOTE (ryuclan @ Wednesday, Apr 3 2013, 07:52)
@trip

I hear ya JayC...you know I was just f*cking around.

Oh hey and here is a heads up for you ryuclan since you live in an area that has snowy winters. It has to do with the whole corning thing. WATCH FOR CINDERS!!!! Around here it takes a mighty long time before all the winter road hazards are washes/cleaned away. Just a few cinders can take you down in a second.

You guys will see though... On those nice warm summer days when you know the road you've been riding for a while...you will be leaning hard into corners and your heart will skip a beat the second your foot peg hits the street.

I'm psyched for you guys. This will be like my 30th year riding on the streets and every year I get the same excited feeling when the season starts. Just the smell of the gas and oil is amazing, and every year it is the same.

It sounds like you guys are smart about it all. I like to think that if you have respect for knowing that you can die while riding, you'll be a good rider.

Shiny side up cool.gif

Oh hell yeah dude. Another buddy at work has a Harley and since tomorrow is going to be above 50 I asked if he was bringing it out. He said he wouldn't until it rained. I didn't understand it before, but now that you mention that I do. Anyway think I might go get my temps tomorrow and get some practice in this weekend. I'm extremely anxious to ride.

Rubber Side Down cool.gif

trip
  • trip

~

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 05 April 2013 - 10:35 PM

63f degrees today and I recently got back. Bike was happy...I was happy. It needs a bath bad. Full boat from here on out. Bath this weekend included.

ryuclan
  • ryuclan

Maybe I'll Stay awhile

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 07 April 2013 - 12:56 AM Edited by ryuclan, 07 April 2013 - 08:35 PM.

QUOTE (trip @ Friday, Apr 5 2013, 22:35)
63f degrees today and I recently got back.  Bike was happy...I was happy.  It needs a bath bad.  Full boat from here on out.  Bath this weekend included.

Took the bike over to a friends house for the carbs to be done over. Now he's got four bikes in his garage. My magna, an 84 Honda shadow, his ninja 900, and an R6. He's also got a sweet ass Model A he's restored. Gonna ride a little tomorrow.

user posted image

Sigh.

Got to ride her today. Might I say its exhilarating.

BCspeed34
  • BCspeed34

CEO

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 09 April 2013 - 11:12 PM

So I sold my ZX6R back in January. Just wasn't using it as much as I used to. A few weeks later the regret had sunk in.

No worries though, I'm back with an even crazier bike than before. This is my 2008 Ducati 1098, only 5k miles on it. I always wanted a Ferrari as my 3rd car, fitting I choose a Ducati for my 3rd bike.

user posted image

user posted image

Thinking of installing a full Termignoni 70mm exhaust system to really let the bike loose.

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

Absolute Dunkel:Heit

• United-Kingdom
  • Contribution Award [D&D]
    Contribution Award [General Chat]
    Most Knowledgeable [Vehicles] 2013
    Best Debater 2013, 2012, 2011

Posted 10 April 2013 - 07:18 AM

...And I'm spent.

Wonderful.

trip
  • trip

~

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 10 April 2013 - 11:54 PM

Holy sh*t. Beautiful.

ryuclan
  • ryuclan

Maybe I'll Stay awhile

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 12 April 2013 - 01:52 AM

Awesome. I've been thinking about trying to get a Ducatti Monster for my next bike. That'll be years from now though.

aldisdzerve
  • aldisdzerve

PetrolHead

• Members

Posted 22 April 2013 - 03:47 AM

Hi. Well I ride highly modified Yamaha FZR400, and want to soon buy some enduro for off-road.
any suggestions? (something cheap). 250cc should be good. Or bigger?
Thx

TheJonesy
  • TheJonesy

Carry on.

• Members

Posted 30 April 2013 - 10:52 PM

I have a concern: my frame is becoming quite a hassle and I'd really like to grab myself a longer one in the future, yet I'm limited since I have a shaft-driven bike. Are there extensions I can purchase - and if so, are they ridiculously expensive?

On a side note, I had a lot of fun visiting a motorcycle swap-meet a week ago and I grabbed myself a new, more simple throttle as well as an AMF gas tank. I really needed a shorter one so I could be able to move my seat up. I've been on a huge hiatus due to financial hold-backs but hopefully this summer will be a promising time for me to complete my bike. If all is done in time, I hope to take a road trip to Sturgis' 75th next summer.

trip
  • trip

~

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 02 May 2013 - 04:15 PM

QUOTE (TheJonesy @ Tuesday, Apr 30 2013, 18:52)
as well as an AMF gas tank.

Glad you checked in. I was curious as to how your chop project was coming.

I'm dying to know if that AMF tank has to original logo and graphics(such a great looking bad 70s logo and colors)...and if so are you going to keep them or do a full repaint? IMO it would look pretty bad ass if you were able to preserve that bad 70s/80s AMF logo. Or is it an 80's Harley AMF tank? --shutter--

Let me know if you are going to make Sturgis. I've never done it, but naturally always wanted to. I'd have to do the cheesy thing of trailer'n myself there and then ride.

And while I'm here:
Today I decided to switch my R* sticker from the bright green one to the more GTA'ish gold one.
user posted image

TheJonesy
  • TheJonesy

Carry on.

• Members

Posted 03 May 2013 - 04:34 AM

QUOTE (trip @ Thursday, May 2 2013, 16:15)
QUOTE (TheJonesy @ Tuesday, Apr 30 2013, 18:52)
as well as an AMF gas tank.

Glad you checked in. I was curious as to how your chop project was coming.

I'm dying to know if that AMF tank has to original logo and graphics(such a great looking bad 70s logo and colors)...and if so are you going to keep them or do a full repaint? IMO it would look pretty bad ass if you were able to preserve that bad 70s/80s AMF logo. Or is it an 80's Harley AMF tank? --shutter--

Let me know if you are going to make Sturgis. I've never done it, but naturally always wanted to. I'd have to do the cheesy thing of trailer'n myself there and then ride.

I'm doing a total repaint because it has major surface rust. I grabbed it for $10 and the nearest one, that although had no rust, was all dented and they were asking $60, so I figured it was a cheap buy with minimal labor. I want to say it's a Harley AMF tank, though.

As far as Sturgis, it's definitely a dream I'll work towards, but I don't want to get the hopes up too high. This summer will definitely be the turning point if I get motivated and do what I can to get this baby finished.

ryuclan
  • ryuclan

Maybe I'll Stay awhile

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 15 May 2013 - 01:10 AM

This time next week I'll be riding my bike. Oh yeah.

trip
  • trip

~

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 16 May 2013 - 08:16 PM

QUOTE (ryuclan @ Tuesday, May 14 2013, 21:10)

Ha. I was this close to just sending you a pm to ask how riding has been. Not kidding.

Long story short:
They did a news article about city council and the fact that they illegally park around CityHall(my work place). So instead of coming down on council and their cars they decided to hassle the bike parking.

I had to make a deal in order to be able to park in another(tucked away) spot. I feel bad for everyone else though - a good 30 to 50 bikes and scooters used to park in the area they took away from us. Somewhere in this thread there is a pic of the parking - on my tablet or I would repost it.

ryuclan
  • ryuclan

Maybe I'll Stay awhile

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 19 May 2013 - 10:48 AM

QUOTE (trip @ Thursday, May 16 2013, 20:16)
QUOTE (ryuclan @ Tuesday, May 14 2013, 21:10)

Ha. I was this close to just sending you a pm to ask how riding has been. Not kidding.

Long story short:
They did a news article about city council and the fact that they illegally park around CityHall(my work place). So instead of coming down on council and their cars they decided to hassle the bike parking.

I had to make a deal in order to be able to park in another(tucked away) spot. I feel bad for everyone else though - a good 30 to 50 bikes and scooters used to park in the area they took away from us. Somewhere in this thread there is a pic of the parking - on my tablet or I would repost it.

That sucks man. They probably thought it'd be easy to find spots for the bikes considering they're so small, but still that's messed up. Luckily at my workplace maybe half the employees ride in the summer so its pretty good.

So my first day of riding in my MSF class was yesterday and bit was it fun. Nobody else wanted to do Saturday and Sunday so there were only three people out on the range including me. Last class today withevaluations and I feel good. I even aced "The Box" yesterday which surprised the hell out of me. Anyway today is supposed to be 80 degrees wow.gif and I feel good. Can't wait to get out there, I feel so comfortable now.

Ex Hellraiser
  • Ex Hellraiser

Legendary

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 May 2013 - 01:33 AM

I almost killed a biker yesterday. Dumbass was going at least 85mph on the highway. Dude in front of me was driving like an old lady, I checked my mirror, waited a helf second, put on my blinker and changed lanes. Looked in my mirror again to see a 2 wheeler getting bigger very fast. I ducked back in y lane, he slammed him brakes, shot me a dirty look, and continued on his joyride. I hope to hell I shot a bit of fear in him devil.gif Dumbass nearly killed himself.

Anyway, I hope to get a motorcycle license within the next year or so. I don't want a cruiser, or any of that huge sh*t. Just an entry level sport bike would suffice for me. Any suggestions?

ryuclan
  • ryuclan

Maybe I'll Stay awhile

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 20 May 2013 - 02:22 AM Edited by ryuclan, 20 May 2013 - 02:28 AM.

I finished my MSF course today and I feel great. I got 100% on the written and 100% with no points loss on the riding. To top that off theinstructor said iI had tied for the fastest time through the slow and turn with 1.87 seconds. He asked if I ever considered racing and I told him I had not but always wanted to build a track bike.

@fatal1ty: Some riders seem to have a death wish. Dont care about themselves or others.

Ex Hellraiser
  • Ex Hellraiser

Legendary

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 May 2013 - 01:16 AM

So, I want to get a motorycle license sometime in the near future. A nice bike I've looked at is the CB500. Would this (or another comparable bike) be good for a novice?

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

Absolute Dunkel:Heit

• United-Kingdom
  • Contribution Award [D&D]
    Contribution Award [General Chat]
    Most Knowledgeable [Vehicles] 2013
    Best Debater 2013, 2012, 2011

Posted 22 May 2013 - 06:33 AM

QUOTE (fatal1ty619 @ Wednesday, May 22 2013, 02:16)
So, I want to get a motorycle license sometime in the near future. A nice bike I've looked at is the CB500. Would this (or another comparable bike) be good for a novice?

In a word, yes. That and the Suzuki GS500 are basically the definition of mid-power beginner bikes- both incredibly forgiving yet still with a reasonable turn of pace and performance.

ryuclan
  • ryuclan

Maybe I'll Stay awhile

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 02 June 2013 - 03:42 AM

So I have finally gathered all the parts to complete my maintenance which has transformed into "Oh let's just pull the carbs and clean them." That would have been fine but we failed to realize that this thing is a V4 which is a pain in the ass and then some. But we got it all apart with some mechanic's ingenuity, beer, and a lot of pondering. Here's my spread:

user posted image

I got a new air filter because a mouse ate my other one. A rejet kit which bumped my #95's (IIRC) to #105's. An economy carb rebuild kit, a new starter solenoid to replace the original with the fuse that nobody carries, and a fuel filter because...sh*t why not? I'm hoping this is a once every one to two years kind of deal because I can't do this sh*t too often lol. My bike has spent more time at other people's houses than mine.

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Needs More Beer

• Members
  • United-States
  • Most Helpful [Expression] 2013

Posted 22 June 2013 - 09:22 PM

Forgot about this topic a while back.. but I finished adding a fairing (include radio/cd player) and repainted the bike to a matte black.

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

These shots were right before I polished and washed 'er up. Ignore the ugly leather saddlebags, they're nice but temporary as I'm more of a hard-bag type of guy, which I haven't had the time to paint them, I'll finish and put them on when I get back home. I had to make a homemade paint booth at the house bc of all the rain lately.. which now I'm around 4hrs from home and it's raining up here too suicidal.gif but the trip did good, radio played well and the fairing helped keep the wind out of my face for once.

trip
  • trip

~

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 23 June 2013 - 01:27 PM

QUOTE (GunWrath @ Saturday, Jun 22 2013, 17:22)
Ignore the ugly leather saddlebags, they're nice but temporary as I'm more of a hard-bag type of guy, which I haven't had the time to paint them, I'll finish and put them on when I get back home.

Hey!!! I love crappy leather saddlebags. I tend to replace mine every year with cheap ass ones from leatherup. I have a reason though - I find hard buckets too small and restrictive. I can carry a full case of beer without taking anything out of the six pack holders...and there is still room for the sh*t that lives in the bags(spray wax, extra kickstand spring, other assorted emergency parts...and my big ass work thermos).

Nice bike. In the pic of it with your dog you have a different seat. What happened?

Washing my bike today...not much has changed on it, but maybe I'll take fresh pics just for fun.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users