Quantcast

» «
Photo

The Motorcycle Topic

848 replies to this topic
Linc.
  • Linc.

Betty, don't start up with your white zone sh*t again.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 14 March 2013 - 08:43 AM

I am fairly sure that the motorcycle age laws are the same as the car age laws Down Under, which is 16 years old for a learners license and 18 years old for a full license.

I'm definitely considering getting a motorbike when I'm a bit older.

What do you guys recommend for a first bike? The law in Australia is that learners can only have 250cc maximum, so I'm restricted by that.

Is there anything in particular that you guys think is good for a first motorcycle?

My mum has a Kawasaki ZZR600, should I ask her to keep hold of it until I'm old enough to ride it?

user posted image

It's a decent bike from what she says, although in my opinion it's ugly as f*ck.

ryuclan
  • ryuclan

Maybe I'll Stay awhile

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 14 March 2013 - 12:32 PM

Looks like a sport touring. I would definitely take it if its free.

Chris CJ Jakobsson
  • Chris CJ Jakobsson

Homie

• Members

Posted 14 March 2013 - 12:54 PM

I think its a new law from 2012, or if it was january 2013.. But to be honest its not to wierd, i live like 500 meters from"the road with most motorcycle-accidents" in the world, or in sweden im not sure

I think you had to be 21 to drive a bike before.. i know i have read that they are gonna do the same with driver-license, but then you had to be 25

but i mean, i was thinking of getting a Harley
This in perticular
user posted image
42WLC 750 from 1941, the one used by the Canadian army if im not mistaken
only 8000

cryani.gif Such a disappointment

ryuclan
  • ryuclan

Maybe I'll Stay awhile

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 14 March 2013 - 02:11 PM

That is an impressive bike. Has a stock bobber look to it. Can honestly say I've never seen one before.

Linc.
  • Linc.

Betty, don't start up with your white zone sh*t again.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 14 March 2013 - 08:23 PM Edited by lzw3, 14 March 2013 - 08:25 PM.

What about an older model Kawasaki Ninja?

user posted image

Pictured is the 250cc model, which would be the only option if Australia for a first bike.

Another bike I wouldn't mid is a late 90's Honda CBR

user posted image

By the time I'm riding it would probably be extremely outdated, but I've heard that CBR's, especially this model, are reliable as f*ck and can last forever.

So out of those two bikes, what would you chose?

ryuclan
  • ryuclan

Maybe I'll Stay awhile

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 17 March 2013 - 04:03 AM

Finally got a picture of my bike. Still about 20 degrees and more snow in the forecast.

user posted image
user posted image

The one on the right is my buddy's R6

trip
  • trip

~

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 17 March 2013 - 01:01 PM

Sweet. I bet the wait for the weather to change is killin' ya.

I thought I was going to be able to get mine out and cleaned up for the season, but it has been one sh*tty ass, rainy, and cold weekend here too.

ryuclan
  • ryuclan

Maybe I'll Stay awhile

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 17 March 2013 - 02:21 PM

It really is. Not even warm enough to give it a proper cleaning. My friend whose Yamaha that is laughed at the bike when I first got it. Then he sat on it lol. Now he's aching to take it out.

H.I.M.
  • H.I.M.

☻The Steaked MC. ☺

• Members

Posted 21 March 2013 - 05:35 PM

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Yamaha Tricker 250cc. Pretty good bike. Rides perfectly for me. Although I'm underage. sigh.gif

ryuclan
  • ryuclan

Maybe I'll Stay awhile

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 22 March 2013 - 04:53 PM

Nice bike man. I was told to learn to ride on a dirt bike because they act like a regular bike would just time ten lol.

Anyway I think I. Going to get my bike painted.

trip
  • trip

~

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 22 March 2013 - 09:15 PM

QUOTE (ryuclan @ Friday, Mar 22 2013, 12:53)
Nice bike man. I was told to learn to ride on a dirt bike because they act like a regular bike would just time ten lol.

Painting the Magna - is it just the tank and battery cover that you might get painted? What color?

I also just noticed in your pics that your bike has highway pegs...cool.

@H.I.M - nice ride. I get to ride my buddy's 250 enduro every now and then. That little f*cker is a crazy quick ride. I always feel like I'm going to wheelie off the line.
user posted image
In case you can't guess(or haven't seen this shot before) my bike is the one with the R* helmet.

ryuclan
  • ryuclan

Maybe I'll Stay awhile

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 23 March 2013 - 12:01 AM

QUOTE (trip @ Friday, Mar 22 2013, 21:15)

Painting the Magna - is it just the tank and battery cover that you might get painted? What color?

@H.I.M - nice ride. I get to ride my buddy's 250 enduro every now and then. That little f*cker is a crazy quick ride. I always feel like I'm going to wheelie off the line.
user posted image
In case you can't guess(or haven't seen this shot before) my bike is the one with the R* helmet.

I'm think of just the battery cover and the tank. Hopefully I can get to painting other stuff like cam covers and blah blah blah. What I want to do it paint the tank Black and throw a nice big honda vinyl on the side of it, maybe in red. Like this one just without the lettering and I want it to stretch from the bottom of the tank to as close to top center as possible on both sides.

user posted image

trip
  • trip

~

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 23 March 2013 - 01:14 AM

Big f*cking red Honda wings on a black tank would be cool.

I've been trying to find the right person to do a custom Donkey Kong scene on my back fender for a couple of years now. I always have a hard time committing to big changes on my bikes for fear that I won't be happy.

ryuclan
  • ryuclan

Maybe I'll Stay awhile

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 23 March 2013 - 02:03 AM

Yeah I know at you mean. I'm just dreading taking the thing apart. It will be my first time, and I don't want to mess anything up. I can have the tank painted at work, but I'm not sure what the price will be.

Is your bike an 1100? And did you want it air brushed?

trip
  • trip

~

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 23 March 2013 - 02:28 AM Edited by trip, 23 March 2013 - 02:51 AM.

My bike works out to be like 1600 since it uses inches instead of centimeters. It has more than that though because I have a fancy exhaust with some performance parts...not just for sound.

I'm looking for airbrush work, but I want to maintain my factory pin stripe and keep the clear coat and all to match. It really just boils down to 'trust' and since I get a lot of my work done in South Philly...well...

e:
Ahhh....what the hell. Here is a shot of my V&H wide radius pipes. Screaming Eagle power commander handling the air(but you can't see that).
user posted image

ryuclan
  • ryuclan

Maybe I'll Stay awhile

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 23 March 2013 - 01:36 PM

f*cking sweet bike man. I don't know how long I will wait to get a bike with over 1000cc's. Hopefully my first bike isn't too ambitious and I can handle it pretty well. In my opinion it isn't very heavy and I think I have the mentality to ride it safely. My bike is about 550lbs/249.5 kg wet, I would imagine yours is maybe 700lbs?

trip
  • trip

~

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 23 March 2013 - 02:34 PM

Yeah. A bit over 700lbs wet. You can't tell though. My 4'11'' wife can flat foot it with perfect balance because it is so low and well balanced.

IMO the bigger heavier bikes are easier to ride and handle unless you are looking for the thrill of a sports bike.

H.I.M.
  • H.I.M.

☻The Steaked MC. ☺

• Members

Posted 23 March 2013 - 04:27 PM

QUOTE (trip @ Saturday, Mar 23 2013, 02:45)

user posted image

What is the green bike? Is it a Yamaha?

trip
  • trip

~

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 23 March 2013 - 04:59 PM

That is my buddy's 250 Kawasaki Enduro.

ryuclan
  • ryuclan

Maybe I'll Stay awhile

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 23 March 2013 - 05:29 PM

I'm so anxious to get on the road. I got my MSF classes in May after vacation. Some potential road trips lined up if I can get the balls to ride like I want to and some awesome weather coming up next month. Hey trip do you ride in the rain? I just thought I'd ask because I usually Dont see many people riding during the spring.

trip
  • trip

~

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 23 March 2013 - 07:40 PM

I went down heavy in the rain in '89 so I try my best to not ride in the rain. Aside from the safety part, it is totally uncomfortable if ya ask me. In the spring if the weather people say 40+% of rain I play it safe and don't ride. When they say scattered showers I might run the risk.

You'll have to join us for the 1st Sunday in November when we host the wold's largest toy run. It is indescribable, but for a short (handful of hours) one day event, we have more bikes then Daytona bike week.

ryuclan
  • ryuclan

Maybe I'll Stay awhile

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 23 March 2013 - 10:01 PM

QUOTE (trip @ Saturday, Mar 23 2013, 19:40)
I went down heavy in the rain in '89 so I try my best to not ride in the rain. Aside from the safety part, it is totally uncomfortable if ya ask me. In the spring if the weather people say 40+% of rain I play it safe and don't ride. When they say scattered showers I might run the risk.

You'll have to join us for the 1st Sunday in November when we host the wold's largest toy run. It is indescribable, but for a short (handful of hours) one day event, we have more bikes then Daytona bike week.

Awesome I will definitely have to check that out if it isn't too cold. Last year in November we had snow so I wouldn't have rode lol. There won't be any Harley snobs or snobs in general will there? lol.

trip
  • trip

~

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 24 March 2013 - 04:15 AM

QUOTE (ryuclan @ Saturday, Mar 23 2013, 18:01)
There won't be any Harley snobs or snobs in general will there? lol.

Nope...It is anything with a motor. Decked out sport bikes and harley riders side by side. People with little 125cc hooked up to plastic big wheels and stuff. It is the most heart warming, feel good event you could ever take part in. There really is no way to describe it.

H.I.M.
  • H.I.M.

☻The Steaked MC. ☺

• Members

Posted 24 March 2013 - 05:30 AM Edited by H.I.M., 24 March 2013 - 05:31 AM.

QUOTE (trip @ Saturday, Mar 23 2013, 22:29)
That is my buddy's 250 Kawasaki  Enduro.

Thanks. It looks good. icon14.gif

Once I get bored of my Tricker I'm gonna get a Yamaha TW 250. The bike looks f*cking sweet and there are a lot of 'em for sale here in Sri Lanka.
cool.gif

ryuclan
  • ryuclan

Maybe I'll Stay awhile

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 24 March 2013 - 07:57 PM

QUOTE (trip @ Saturday, Mar 23 2013, 01:14)

I've been trying to find the right person to do a custom Donkey Kong scene on my back fender for a couple of years now. I always have a hard time committing to big changes on my bikes for fear that I won't be happy.

Hey I just thought of something. Ever thought about getting it dipped??

trip
  • trip

~

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 26 March 2013 - 01:58 AM

QUOTE (ryuclan @ Sunday, Mar 24 2013, 15:57)
QUOTE (trip @ Saturday, Mar 23 2013, 01:14)

I've been trying to find the right person to do a custom Donkey Kong scene on my back fender for a couple of years now.  I always have a hard time committing to big changes on my bikes for fear that I won't be happy.

Hey I just thought of something. Ever thought about getting it dipped??

[youtube]OjCiw8lRGFU[youtube]

Yeah...I'm weird and poor to boot. Dipping would be fun, but then you kind of lose out on the artistic one of a kind edge.

I don't really have a good shot of it but I have a lot of space to work with on that back fender. I will get it done, but I'm in no rush - sh*t it took me years just to get the derby cover I have. Not to be a freaky dork but I want to get a scene of Donkey Kong ripping someone out of a car GTA style. Not matter what it would look cool, and if only one person gets the odd double reference that would be a bonus.

ryuclan
  • ryuclan

Maybe I'll Stay awhile

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 27 March 2013 - 12:37 AM

Hmmm, I know what you mean. I'm broke too and there are way too many things I want. I need a windshield, some lower profile handlebars, riding boots. Just got my helmet and my gloves are on the way. Don't even know when I'll have the money to get it painted.

trip
  • trip

~

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 27 March 2013 - 01:04 AM

If you already don't know.
http://www.leatherup.com/
You can save $100s on gear(and tons of other stuff) there. Trust me - I have no connection and I'm not advertising, it is just that when I found this place I sh*t myself with how great they are.

50+ and no rain this weekend. Looks like my season starts on Saturday.

ryuclan
  • ryuclan

Maybe I'll Stay awhile

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 30 March 2013 - 10:31 PM

Buddy was supposed to give me a small lesson today but I think he's pissed at me because I didn't go out bowling with him last night. No skin off my ass though. I had sh*t I needed to do.

Diggdydog
  • Diggdydog

Trick

• Angels of Death MC

Posted 31 March 2013 - 04:05 PM

Ryu, it sounds so much like your talking about IV haha!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users