The Motorcycle Topic

859 replies to this topic
dominguero
  • dominguero

mlaaars

• Members

Posted 30 August 2005 - 04:38 PM

QUOTE (tommiegunz @ Aug 30 2005, 16:17)
Hmmm... let see, is a 250 cc twowheeler a motorbike?
I mean I don't have a lot of knowlegde in that sort of things.
Anyhow:
Geely

yep it is.

BulletProofPatriot
  • BulletProofPatriot

Akunamatata

• BUSTED!

Posted 31 August 2005 - 01:30 AM

Honda CBR900RR Fireblade.
Yum.
If not, I'd go with an R1, or the new Honda thing, that I forgot the name of. Its under its own class, extremely torquey.

San andreas master
  • San andreas master

.:%$Catonic$%:.

• BUSTED!

Posted 31 August 2005 - 04:49 AM

Do you people ride trail and off road? I dont have a road bike. I have a 350 atv and a cr250 both off road.- ѕ.а.м

Dunpeal
  • Dunpeal

Demon Hands

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 31 August 2005 - 05:17 AM

I love bikes also. Im more of a Custom Chopper person myself. When a Chopper pulls up beside you, or rides past you it just screams power.

user posted image

I could roll like that.

dominguero
  • dominguero

mlaaars

• Members

Posted 07 September 2005 - 10:16 PM

QUOTE (BulletProofPatriot @ Aug 31 2005, 01:30)
Honda CBR900RR Fireblade.
Yum.
If not, I'd go with an R1, or the new Honda thing, that I forgot the name of. Its under its own class, extremely torquey.

If its torque you want. Try the Yamaha MT-01.

A CBR900RR hasnt been made for several years.

The 929 and 954 fireblade i still really like for the looks. Alot more than the CBR1000RR Fireblade. I do not like the way they made that underseat exhaust.
Give me an R1 any damn day. Especially the euro spec 2006 R1 LE inlove.gif
Ohlins suspension, the rims, the paint job... its beautyful...

user posted image

dominguero
  • dominguero

mlaaars

• Members

Posted 07 September 2005 - 10:20 PM

QUOTE (Dup @ Aug 4 2005, 16:17)
Hayabusa Turbo. It's big curvy and down right hardcore. it's not the kid of bike thats just a stiff bone shaking superbike, its almost good enoguh to be a sports tourer for going the distance.

For most its just a toy though, and we all know why... FAAASSSSTTT!!!

As for mac... HA! Shoulda got a breaker mate like me, then writing it off wasn't so painfull. Coulda done a bit more to spectaculary write it off tho.

It basically is a sports tourer, theyre mighty fast on a straight line.
Mind you, to be able to be a serious threat to the present line of liter bikes youre going to need to do some tuning. It may have more torque but on outright power its losing terrain.
And when you go do some serious twisties or a track day, you will get embaressed by those 600's. Especially the new 2006 R6 will seriously make you wonder why you went for a machine with 700cc more engine, but only roughly 35 hp more, but ALOT more weight and the handling of boat compared to those nimble little 600's.
Besides that, that front is downright ugly!!

Dup
  • Dup

Retired Lurker

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 22 September 2005 - 11:14 AM

QUOTE (dominguero @ Sep 7 2005, 22:20)
QUOTE (Dup @ Aug 4 2005, 16:17)
Hayabusa Turbo. It's big curvy and down right hardcore. it's not the kid of bike thats just a stiff bone shaking superbike, its almost good enoguh to be a sports tourer for going the distance.

For most its just a toy though, and we all know why... FAAASSSSTTT!!!

As for mac... HA! Shoulda got a breaker mate like me, then writing it off wasn't so painfull. Coulda done a bit more to spectaculary write it off tho.

It basically is a sports tourer, theyre mighty fast on a straight line.
Mind you, to be able to be a serious threat to the present line of liter bikes youre going to need to do some tuning. It may have more torque but on outright power its losing terrain.
And when you go do some serious twisties or a track day, you will get embaressed by those 600's. Especially the new 2006 R6 will seriously make you wonder why you went for a machine with 700cc more engine, but only roughly 35 hp more, but ALOT more weight and the handling of boat compared to those nimble little 600's.
Besides that, that front is downright ugly!!

I used to embarass 600's on my uncles VFR400 on the twisties. The skill of being able to spin up and step out the rear wheel without pulling off the power and bing able to lean into corners on the front brake is one that is heard to grasp, but when you do, corner exiting speed is immense and you can enter the corners faster.

I wouldn't try it on a bigger bike though, Id have the nose vertical on the exit and Id have a hard time rying to get it to lean onder front braking no matter how much the rear steps out.

My old 125cc Gilera DNA could keep up with some riders. I used to scare them. I just had comfy suspension to handle the pot holes and the sports bikers were too stiff and scared of dropping their pretty bike.

Iminicus
  • Iminicus

Something witty, something sh*tty

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Pitcairn-Islands

Posted 23 September 2005 - 02:30 PM Edited by Iminicus, 23 September 2005 - 02:54 PM.

Britten V1000

user posted image

gta_player5
  • gta_player5

Mayonnaise colored Benz, I push Miracle Whips

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 24 September 2005 - 03:52 AM

nicest bike: Ducati SS1000

http://www.motorbike..._duc_ss1000.jpg

BCspeed34
  • BCspeed34

CEO

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 11 April 2007 - 01:26 AM

HOLY sh*t BUMP! (I didn't want to make a new topic)

I have finally come to make my choice on a beginner's street bike. I have been riding dirt bikes for 10 years, so I know all you need to know, I just want to start out small and get a feel for street bikes before I take on bigger and badder ones such as the R-6 and such. I have been considering a Kawasaki Ninja 250, which is very cheap, 3K, half that used. Does anyone else know of any other common bikes between 250cc and 450cc? Thanks a lot.

And Anuj , if you are reading this, is your Ninja a 250? How does it ride?

anuj
  • anuj

iconic

• Inactive Staff
  • None

Posted 11 April 2007 - 03:39 AM

500, and amazing.

If you're larger than 6ft, get the 500. When you want that extra power, you'll get it. But when you're learning, it won't make you fall off the back when you give it a little throttle.

BCspeed34
  • BCspeed34

CEO

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 11 April 2007 - 05:14 AM

Cool, I am going to head down to my local cycle shop (its an emptied out Home Depot for size comparison) and check some out/test ride one. I have a few extra dirt bikes, and they always like trade-ins over there biggrin.gif

anuj
  • anuj

iconic

• Inactive Staff
  • None

Posted 23 April 2007 - 10:08 PM

Man, it's f*cking sad that it took me over 6 months to find a replacement upper fairing for my crashed EX500. To list all the sh*t f*cked up in that crash:

- Broken upper fairing ($200)
- Broken turn signal ($20 for pair)
- Scratched up exhaust on right side (not being replaced)
- f*cked up mirror ($40 for a pair)

Thank god I found an aftermarket replacement for the fairing so I don't have to drop $700 to get one from Kawasaki.

BCspeed34
  • BCspeed34

CEO

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 24 April 2007 - 12:29 AM

Damn, what happened?

anuj
  • anuj

iconic

• Inactive Staff
  • None

Posted 24 April 2007 - 12:48 AM

Lost traction going over a puddle disguised as a pile of leaves. Went to turn and lowsided it.

BCspeed34
  • BCspeed34

CEO

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 24 April 2007 - 11:09 PM

Damn, the worst I have done is bend the shifter on my 250 doing pretty much the same thing (but on dirt with a dirtbike). I bent the rear brake pedal too when I hit one of those damn ATV paths (with the huge mound of dirt in the center).

shaboobala
  • shaboobala

Caw-sack

• Members

Posted 26 August 2007 - 06:48 AM

bump

Yea, I didn't want to make a new topic about this. Anyway, I've made the decision that I'm going to buy a bike. I want a sports bike and I've been told that getting anything above 500 off the bat is dumb. After talking to some people about it I've decided that I want either the ninja 250/500.

I just want some general feedback/advice on the issue. I'm leaning towards the 500 but is there really a significant difference between the 250 and 500 for anyone who knows?

Also again, anuj, if you're reading this; Did you start on your 500 & what was it like learning on the bike? And if you don't mind, where/how much did you get your bike for?

anuj
  • anuj

iconic

• Inactive Staff
  • None

Posted 26 August 2007 - 06:46 PM

I started on a 500 and it was pretty f*cking easy once I learned how to use the clutch properly. I'm 6'4", 180, so the bike is right about perfect size for me. I tried sitting on a 250 and looked like a f*cking idiot. Not to mention that it was sluggish as hell and about as attractive as Plan C at a bar.

Trust me, if you're even slightly capable you should be fine on a 500 to start. If you're a smaller dude or a girl, then try out the 250 to start. Ninjas tend to retain their value decently so you should be able to trade up without too much loss. If you're anything like me though, after about a year and 5000 miles under your belt you might want a little more bike.

shaboobala
  • shaboobala

Caw-sack

• Members

Posted 27 August 2007 - 09:57 PM

QUOTE (anuj @ Aug 26 2007, 14:46)
I started on a 500 and it was pretty f*cking easy once I learned how to use the clutch properly. I'm 6'4", 180, so the bike is right about perfect size for me. I tried sitting on a 250 and looked like a f*cking idiot. Not to mention that it was sluggish as hell and about as attractive as Plan C at a bar.

Trust me, if you're even slightly capable you should be fine on a 500 to start. If you're a smaller dude or a girl, then try out the 250 to start. Ninjas tend to retain their value decently so you should be able to trade up without too much loss. If you're anything like me though, after about a year and 5000 miles under your belt you might want a little more bike.

Well I sat on a 250 today, and I've come to the same conclusion as you, there just isn't enough bike there. I'm mostly settled on the 500, I've heard enough good things. Now comes the shopping around. How did you get your bike, a private owner or dealership?

BCspeed34
  • BCspeed34

CEO

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 07 October 2007 - 10:46 PM

Hey has anyone seen this yet? The 2008 Kawasaki Ninja 250R. The biggest change is that it now has the look and fairing style of the more powerful superbikes, yet is suitable for most experience levels. I think I may have to pick up one of these when they come out (MSRP $3500, and cash talks!). After I have had my fun, I'll probably move on to a ZX6R or some other 600-class bike.

CyberAngel
  • CyberAngel

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 March 2008 - 11:39 AM

How about Triumph Daytona 675?

Beez
  • Beez

Given To Fly

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 June 2008 - 06:26 PM

I'll have been riding for 25 years this year, I guess that makes me old. Good thing is bikes keep you young. I've owned many and ridden many more. Even done a few races, off-road and supermoto. Currently I have two bikes, a 1997 KTM 620 RXC and a 2005 BMW R1200GS.

user posted image

I am a stong advocate for ATGATT (All The Gear, All The Time). I've had my share of crashes but thanks to wearing moto gear the injuries have been minor (with one exception). Better to live to ride another day.

Any of you who are new to bikes have questions, I will be happy to answer them.

Primer43
  • Primer43

Homie

• Members

Posted 04 June 2008 - 06:50 PM

Do you like the BMW? I'd like to get a bike one of these days and that looks very nice.

Beez
  • Beez

Given To Fly

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 June 2008 - 07:44 PM

QUOTE (Primer43 @ Jun 4 2008, 18:50)
Do you like the BMW? I'd like to get a bike one of these days and that looks very nice.

I love it. It's the best bike I've ever owned. Suspension, brakes, torque, comfort handling are brilliant. Horse power could be better. Aftermarket for these bikes is very good. It will eat up highway miles with ease, when the road turns twisty it handles very well and has tons of ground clearance. And if I find a dirt road or trail this bike will handle that as well. I'm not saying it is as good as a sportbike or a dirtbike in those two regards though. Besides it's always 90% rider - 10% bike.

Biggest downsides to the BMW are the price and that I think the engine lacks character. It sounds kinda like a tractor when I take off but it's very quiet once at normal rpm. That's with the stock exhaust. I've heard BMWs with aftermarket exhausts and they just sound louder. I had a Honda SuperHawk and a Ducati Monster and those sounded good, they had character! Triumph triples and Moto Guzzi twins have character. I'm not saying the BMW motor is bad, it is a great motor, it's just utilitarian. It lacks that esoteric character that Harley, Ducati and other motorcycle engines have.

fuckindumass
  • fuckindumass

Pissing the night away

• Members

Posted 05 June 2008 - 08:52 AM

Sold. Had it for 10 years, crashed it once. 82 Yamaha XS650. Doesn't look like what google shows, I customized it. Getting rid of my musclecars too.

user posted image

chris cambo
  • chris cambo

Group: The Yardies

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 June 2008 - 03:00 PM

on topic - sad to see it go?
off topic- which muscle cars are you selling and for how much.

fuckindumass
  • fuckindumass

Pissing the night away

• Members

Posted 05 June 2008 - 07:20 PM

Yeah, sad to see it go. Selling 67 Dart GT with Dual Quad 440, and 73 Dart Swinger with 360 4 speed.
How much, whatever I can get.

Azazel
  • Azazel

• None
  • Topic of the Year 2012 "GTA V Vehicle Database"
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 06 June 2008 - 06:41 PM

Winner of "MC-Basen Super Challenge":

user posted image

I don't know much about crotch rockets, just supplying a picture I snapped. Maybe you can have a guess at what kind of bike it is?

anus
  • anus

#bhq

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 07 June 2008 - 01:38 PM

could be an r1, cbr, ninja, or gsxr.too hard to tell.

Fido_SanAndreas
  • Fido_SanAndreas

Speede

• Members

Posted 08 June 2008 - 04:37 AM

I am thinking about purchasing a bike, and I am definitley looking at the Yamaha YZF-R1

http://www.yamaha-mo.../6/0/specs.aspx

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users