The Motorcycle Topic

859 replies to this topic
friendly luggage
  • friendly luggage

Vette pass by, errbody looking

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 15 April 2012 - 09:47 PM

Here is my '09 Derbi GPR 50 Racing. It's only a 50cc but it gets me to college everyday and took me to school. I got it Febaury last year and have been riding since and have not fallen off yet or had any real close calls. A bus nearly hit me once as I was along side it (nearly past it) and it just indicated and turned into my lane. The bike is all stock except the front cog which is has more teeth than the original and I won't be fitting any race exhausts tounge.gif I'm thinking of getting a 125 as I really enjoy riding my bike but I've got my car test soon so I'll probably focus on a car.

user posted image

Outcast
  • Outcast

Scorps4Lyfe

• The Connection
  • Taiwan

Posted 15 April 2012 - 10:21 PM

That's a 50cc?? It looks much bigger than a 50 but that may be the angle.

Do you have a picture of it from the front?

friendly luggage
  • friendly luggage

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 16 April 2012 - 12:53 PM Edited by illegal_luggage, 16 April 2012 - 12:59 PM.

QUOTE (Outcast @ Sunday, Apr 15 2012, 22:21)
That's a 50cc?? It looks much bigger than a 50 but that may be the angle.

Do you have a picture of it from the front?

The 125cc version uses the same chassis I think. It is a bit fatter than other 50cc bikes like the Aprillia RS50.
user posted image

Lurch
  • Lurch

Yeah...pretty much.

• The Connection
  • NATO
  • Best Contributor [Vehicles] 2012

Posted 16 April 2012 - 04:18 PM

I thought it looked pretty sweet then noticed the 50 cc part. That was a bit of a boner-kill.

BCspeed34
  • BCspeed34

CEO

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 16 April 2012 - 08:29 PM

Yeah that's a pretty cool looking bike. From looking at it one wouldn't guess it's only a 50cc. I think my lawnmower has a bigger engine than that!

Oh and here is a new pic of mine. I just put on a black windscreen, however I have a double bubble arriving soon along with some other goodies.

user posted image

636cc for anyone curious lol.gif

Kevin...
  • Kevin...

Bringer of Dramageddon

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 16 April 2012 - 09:20 PM

Been riding a lot today and yesterday. Somewhere around 300 or 400 miles. Got a bit of sunburn actually. It was great.

BTW: sly.gif 988cc

Torcidas
  • Torcidas

rm -rf /

• Members

Posted 16 April 2012 - 09:28 PM

Looks real mint there, I like it. Though if it was mine, I'd scrap the Kawi green idea and keep the white as it is biggrin.gif .

Anywho, I've finally insured and plated my first bike (250, pics a few pages back) and have gone for my first few rides last week. Loving every minute of it, and doesn't feel all that underpowered as most claim it is, but then again I know it's supposed to be forgiving and nothing like the SS's and whatnot. Insurance is a real drag for someone with my age, so I'll use it to gain experience and upgrade in a couple years. Thinking of an SV650 or Bandit or something, I think I'd prefer sport tourers as opposed to supersports.. No where in Ontario to really feel their power...

A couple questions for the experts... How dangerous is it to ride over cracks on the pavement, especially at a decent speed? I don't mean horizontal cracks/manholes and stuff, but I mean like vertical jagged cracks that kind of follow the road if you know what I mean. Can the rear tire track itself onto the crack and follow it (possibly losing control) ? I've read that the vertical tar strips you see can be slippery for the rears. Also how do you guys ensure your tires are properly warmed enough before taking some serious turns? There's curves all around my neighbourhood that I'd like to practice turning/leaning on better but am always nervous that my rear will slip on something that I don't see or because the tire isn't warmed up enough. It's videos like the following that worry me.

Thanks a lot!

Lurch
  • Lurch

Yeah...pretty much.

• The Connection
  • NATO

Posted 16 April 2012 - 09:34 PM

QUOTE (Torcidas @ Monday, Apr 16 2012, 16:28)
How dangerous is it to ride over cracks on the pavement, especially at a decent speed? I don't mean horizontal cracks/manholes and stuff, but I mean like vertical jagged cracks that kind of follow the road if you know what I mean. Can the rear tire track itself onto the crack and follow it (possibly losing control) ?

Considering this holds true for cars, I would assume that problem is multiplied with bikes. If a car with wider tires will track and follow the cracks, a bike tire certainly will try to.

Kevin...
  • Kevin...

Bringer of Dramageddon

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 16 April 2012 - 10:19 PM

I hat the cracks on in between the slow and fast lanes of older highways that are constantly tarred instead of repaved or roads so old that there are two deep dips in each lane where car tires constantly drive. Cold tires are sh*t though. My bike will spin and slide easily if you don't wait till the tire heats up a bit.

Kevin...
  • Kevin...

Bringer of Dramageddon

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 18 April 2012 - 01:02 AM

Double Post:

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

Me filming as Jason revved the bike. His new bike is the black one you see on the right. Behind my bike is our friend Dan's girlfriend. She caught some condensation soaked soot in the face.

TheJonesy
  • TheJonesy

Carry on.

• Members

Posted 18 April 2012 - 03:09 PM

Which would be the better investment: painting a frame on my own or having someone paint it? A friend told me that high-tempeture paint would suffice, but wouldn't I be safer with an expert - because don't they use a special procedure for painting farmes?

Outcast
  • Outcast

Scorps4Lyfe

• The Connection
  • Taiwan

Posted 19 April 2012 - 11:14 PM

QUOTE (κενιη @ Wednesday, Apr 18 2012, 01:02)
Me filming as Jason revved the bike. His new bike is the black one you see on the right. Behind my bike is our friend Dan's girlfriend. She caught some condensation soaked soot in the face.

Is that an Aztec I see? tounge2.gif

trip
  • trip

~

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 20 April 2012 - 01:56 AM

QUOTE (Outcast @ Thursday, Apr 19 2012, 19:14)

No. I think it is just a white guy from western PA. tounge2.gif

Sweet ride Kev. Let me know when you want to stop over and take the bikes out.

I still say we all invest in some cameras and jam together a nice montage of fun. I have the link at work, but there is a nice cam that comes with a bunch of different mounts(helmet,handle bars, chest) for like $200.

Ahwell...let me take my drunk ass downstairs.

Outcast
  • Outcast

Scorps4Lyfe

• The Connection
  • Taiwan

Posted 20 April 2012 - 09:11 AM

QUOTE (trip @ Friday, Apr 20 2012, 01:56)
QUOTE (Outcast @ Thursday, Apr 19 2012, 19:14)

No. I think it is just a white guy from western PA. tounge2.gif

I meant the Pontiac Aztec tounge2.gif caught a glimpse of the taillight at the end of the vid

friendly luggage
  • friendly luggage

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 20 April 2012 - 03:21 PM

The weather where I live has a been a bit funny lately as I've rode home in the wet two times now this week mad.gif Those drain covers and road markings are very slippy. What's the weather like where you live?

BCspeed34
  • BCspeed34

CEO

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 20 April 2012 - 09:27 PM

Same bike as before, just many changes.

user posted image

user posted image

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

Empty Pleasures and Desperate Measures since 1994

• United-Kingdom
  • Contribution Award [D&D, General Chat]
    Most Knowledgeable [Vehicles] 2013
    Best Debater 2013, 2012, 2011

Posted 20 April 2012 - 09:55 PM

Looks fab. Can I ask what changes?

BCspeed34
  • BCspeed34

CEO

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 20 April 2012 - 10:31 PM

Green body panels, smoked double bubble windscreen, replacement muffler and new rear lighting.

Kevin...
  • Kevin...

Bringer of Dramageddon

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 21 April 2012 - 10:42 AM

And just like that, my motorcycle was gone...

cryani.gif

Outcast
  • Outcast

Scorps4Lyfe

• The Connection
  • Taiwan

Posted 21 April 2012 - 11:07 AM

What happened?

Kevin...
  • Kevin...

Bringer of Dramageddon

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 21 April 2012 - 12:16 PM Edited by κενιη, 21 April 2012 - 12:29 PM.

Basically, I just got financially f*cked. Both my wife and I work. Since around March 10th, my wife took off work for the pregnancy. She had the baby on the 21st and is going back to work after the 2nd of next month. Since she left work, I have been left with 1/2 of our normal income. Back in December I had a sit down with my landlord and we figured out a plan involving moving back rent pay for two months (March and April) and after May 2nd, give her 500 a week, for 4 weeks, so by the time may was over, we would be back on normal rent payment time. I told my landlord I could start paying her now and she said she would stop by to pick up the firs of the 4 weekly $500 checks. She arrives at my house Thursday to get the check and everything is fine...until its time to give her the check.

She explains about how the house we rent is actually co-owned by her and her ex husband, Billy (A rather large, possibly psychotic, rattlesnake handler who now lives in Florida). She says that I need to get her the full amount of 1800 dollars by what would now be yesterday. Billy, the co-landlord I just found out about, the one who was never mentioned by her or on the rental agreement, is terribly upset that I have not payed her the rent and has terminated the financial deal both Kim, my landlord, agreed upon back in December. This leaves me f*cked for cash.

Now I am at a crossroads. I have to get the 2000 back that I gave Jason for the bike (ended up giving 2g up front), that I got to freely ride for a week, that I haven't even transferred the title on, and return his bike. Its not that he is pissed or anything. He is cool with everything. He has another buyer all lined up so its not like its any skin of his back financially. We are both upset because his bike has to go to some random guy who will do who f*cking knows what with it and he is out a riding buddy until I pick up a bike later this summer. I just feel like sh*t for reniging on the deal despite his constant "Dude, you got a sh*t situation so family family first. Its all good, just keep a roof over your kids heads."

The cross roads part I was speaking of though was actually something Jason said to me earlier at work. f*ck giving them the money. I just found out about a house friend of the family. Its actually about 500ft from where I live now, is cheaper to rent, is newly renovated, and has a larger yard. Now that I don't own a bike and I will have 2 grand in my pocket monday, I think I am just going to use that cash for starting up utilities, rent/security deposit, and beer so I can repay a few friends for helping me move into a new house on short notice.

Oh and my wife is selling her horse as well. Pia, my wife's horse, ran through two electric fence posts (thinner/smaller version of metal sign posts) and got a bit cut up on Thursday. The vet came out yesterday and discovered an infection and told my wife that one of the cuts should have been stitched up but it was too late now. So we had to dump 300 dollars on the vet bill and some more cash (something like 200 dollars) for medications. After all of this, my wife decided that, with two kids now, and finances sh*tting the bed as bad as they have recently, she wants to sell the horse. Its been like her No. 1 hobby since she was little and has owned the horse since she was 16. I told her not to but she is insistent that its what she wants to do. Financially and, to be honest, logically, it makes sense but its her passion and hobby. I hate to see her drop it like this. She is really upset I couldnt have my bike. When I told her I wanted it, she said, "You have the bike, I have my horses. Everyone needs their escape or hobby aside from regular life." She is trying to kind of explain that she doesn't want me to be the only one giving up what they want for the good of the family in spite of a sh*t situation that kills the plans of "wants" and I kept on telling her "Its fine. I will do it later" or "Maybe next summer" but she still thinks I am giving up too much. I love her to death but sometime you just got put family first. Besides, I would rather give up something I want to avoid her giving up what she likes in life if I can at about any costs.

EDIT: Almost forgot, my landlord's ex and co-owner of the house, Billy, threatened me saying he was going to come up here and physically remove us from the house. Not once have we received any for of notice for an eviction so that sh*t aint gonna fly. I don't think my landlords really know much about a rental owner's rights. I told my wife that if someone comes pounding on the door trying to get her out, ignore them. Unless they have someone from the Sheriff's office with them she aint gotta say or do sh*t. If the worst case happens, and Billy comes up breaking down doors, starting altercations, or tossing/breaking my sh*t, I will kill him. I got a gun and if someone comes to my house, especially after threatening physical harm, and tries to threaten my family or put them in any sort of danger, I will shoot till movement stops. If this guy is as nuts as my mother and my wife's uncle, who went to school with him and knew later in life, I am not gonna f*ck around. I am legitimately on edge.

trip
  • trip

~

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 21 April 2012 - 01:52 PM

@Kevin...Damn dude, that sucks on too many levels.

@illegal_luggage, weather has sucked here. Just starting to turn around finally. You wanna talk 'slippery when wet'? We have street car trolleys here which means we have a lot of trolley tracks on the streets. Around 20years ago I was doing about 50mph and next thing you know my back end swings out thus ejecting me over the handle bars. I had hit a trolley track that was just moist enough for my tire to lose grip. I'm lucky that I hit the ground the way I did because I just did an even slide - the scary part was my bike was sliding towards me at the same time. I hit the curb and bounced out of the way of the bike, otherwise it would have been a bit more damaging to my body.

BCspeed34
  • BCspeed34

CEO

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 26 April 2012 - 12:34 AM

Got sick of the lackluster OEM muffler. It may look nice, but it just sounds awful. I had a Yoshimura on my previous ZX6R and I enjoyed the sound and performance, so I got this for the new bike:

user posted image

user posted image

I spent a little more than I wanted to ($355) but it is much better than stock.

SasakiHD2
  • SasakiHD2

I'm In a Good Mood

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 28 April 2012 - 04:15 AM Edited by SasakiHD2, 28 April 2012 - 04:17 AM.

I Ride Bikes too.

this is my old one.
user posted image

this is what i ride now. (rides much more smoother from the rush of the bike....i think its the tires.)
user posted image

i had to work on one for my brother (kept jumping it to make it work.)

the ones you see are Honda Models. except the third one. tounge.gif

user posted image

Ronnyboy
  • Ronnyboy

Blind leading the deaf, leading the socially inept.

• Members

Posted 28 April 2012 - 05:06 AM

So guys, I'm thinking about getting a bike/moped for the summer months here in Wisco. Anything necessary that would be useful to know before I go jumping in on this venture? (I'm looking for piss cheap, second hand, $750 or less)

trip
  • trip

~

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 28 April 2012 - 05:29 PM

QUOTE (Ronnyboy @ Saturday, Apr 28 2012, 01:06)
So guys, I'm thinking about getting a bike/moped for the summer months here in Wisco. Anything necessary that would be useful to know before I go jumping in on this venture? (I'm looking for piss cheap, second hand, $750 or less)

Well since you mentioned moped as an option and your budget is around $750 - you should be able to pick up a nice beater bike with that budget. I totally recommend bike over moped.

I sold a '82 Yamaha XV920 in '05 for $650. A few years before that my buddy picked up a little Kawasaki Exciter 250 for $200.

Just a small warning. Since those older jap bikes don't die they aren't always easy to find. You may have to hunt around for a while.

Something else to consider would be to finance a new bike from a dealer. You may be able to finance something out to $75-$100 a month.

Ronnyboy
  • Ronnyboy

• Members

Posted 28 April 2012 - 10:18 PM

I have considered financing a little bit, but I don't know if I'm up for that. I'd also need a cosigner since I'm under 18 (not a problem, just a pain). I'll be on the look for some of those Jap bikes around here, I usually see a lot of Honda's scooting around. How bad is the insurance for a minor with a little 250 banger?

Lurch
  • Lurch

Yeah...pretty much.

• The Connection
  • NATO

Posted 29 April 2012 - 05:27 AM

Aren't you a giant? How well are you even going to fit on a 250? I honestly doubt a 600 would be comfy for you at all.

Ronnyboy
  • Ronnyboy

• Members

Posted 29 April 2012 - 06:03 AM

QUOTE (Lurch @ Sunday, Apr 29 2012, 00:27)
Aren't you a giant? How well are you even going to fit on a 250? I honestly doubt a 600 would be comfy for you at all.

I'm not really going for comfort or looks, just something to get me around town on the cheap. That's why I have the big American sedan, so I can be comfy when I feel like blowing gas out the window. The bike would just be a toy for work, school, and buzzin around on nice days. I've seen a lot fatter guys ride mopeds around here, so I should fit in with the crowd tounge.gif

trip
  • trip

~

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 29 April 2012 - 12:27 PM

user posted image

Insurance is always cheap for a bike. Ballpark guess would be under $200 a year since you are a new rider and all. Hard to guess insurance since it varies from state to state(even varies between cities within states).

Did not know you were a giant. Neat...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users