Using Cheats Good or bad?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
12 replies to this topic
ba5e
  • ba5e

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 August 2005 - 04:44 PM

I'm wondering what the downfalls of saving your game whith cheat(s) enabled apart from the message when saving! does this have any detrimental effects on the game? I used a cheat ages ago, and now have progressed thorugh the game, but im really stressed with that message all the time!! Help appreciated smile.gif
Will rah.gif

51L3N7 4554551N
  • 51L3N7 4554551N

Feel the Wrath of Pingu!

• BUSTED!

Posted 03 August 2005 - 04:51 PM

It may cause glitches and it will cause your game to muck up sometimes. For example, if you cheat repeatedly (past 650 times or so) then you wont be able to save madd dogg when he jumps off the roof, as he will jump too quickly. Many other effects have happened, but those are the main few

king razer
  • king razer

Playa

• Members

Posted 03 August 2005 - 05:09 PM

if 7you use any peds cheats and try to turn them of it will work but not full because it will make madd dogg will jump write away

simps
  • simps

I'm a twat.

• Members

Posted 03 August 2005 - 05:13 PM

Everyone would probably say cheating for fun is ok

I say cheating while on a mission, is ok. Just try not to excessively cheat. Example, you just killed a bunch of people and they dropped guns. But instead, you use the weapons cheat 15 times for the same exact weapon that was dropped. That's not ok (opinion). Cheat if you must, but keep it to a minimum.

Big_Stinger829
  • Big_Stinger829

eXtream Challenge Team

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 August 2005 - 02:09 AM

The glitch in madd dogg's mansion didn't happen to me !WEIRD!

Gideon Frost
  • Gideon Frost

Cold as ice

• Members

Posted 08 August 2005 - 03:17 AM

Does this only apply for button cheats? The reason I ask is when I use my codebreaker for infinity health and such it doesn't warn me about codes being activated when I save

SilentM
  • SilentM

• Members

Posted 08 August 2005 - 03:20 AM

Cheating is okay if you finish the game. When you've beaten the game and you want a bit more fun out of it then it's fine to cheat. The occasional weapon cheat is also acceptable.

adamcs
  • adamcs

Pixelante

• United-Kingdom

Posted 08 August 2005 - 02:28 PM

Meh, I've cheated well over 1000 times (on the PS2 version) and I've never had any problems. I did the same with VC and managed to get 100% without any trouble...

(I only used the weapon/health/spawn cheats, though.)

Dumb@SS
  • Dumb@SS

Here to annoy.

• Members

Posted 08 August 2005 - 03:11 PM

i hate all cheaters.... if i cant make a mission i will try again even if i fail 100 times...... i woud never cheat.... until i woud finish it die.gif ----> cheaters

*MURDOC*
  • *MURDOC*

They said I could be anything, so I became a custom member title

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 08 August 2005 - 04:03 PM

Cheating isnt good or bad, its just how you look at it.

What i always do is make 2 saves, one for using cheats and one for just straight-up playing and beating the game.

Selah
  • Selah

Time Was So Long Ago.

• Members

Posted 08 August 2005 - 11:59 PM

QUOTE (adamcs @ Aug 8 2005, 14:28)
Meh, I've cheated well over 1000 times (on the PS2 version) and I've never had any problems. I did the same with VC and managed to get 100% without any trouble...

(I only used the weapon/health/spawn cheats, though.)

I'd say you're very lucky Mister Teal.

Cheating... Good, Bad?
I say horrible.

I figure it's okay if you're testing the game, or trying to reach a certain point for modding purposes. But cheats have ruined many, many games for individuals.

WellsMcK
  • WellsMcK

Mt. Hood

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 August 2005 - 09:16 AM

I always use cheats. But not the you just killed a bunch of people and they dropped guns. But instead, you use the weapons cheat 15 times for the same exact weapon that was dropped. I use infinte ammo. I got the game for christmas. I have cheated 2956 times. I cheated at the beggining and all the way through. But now I cheat for experiments now that I have an AR Max. sign-clinton.gif sign-thompson.gif sign-yee.gif

Buttoneer
  • Buttoneer

Never Sew A Button Again

• Members

Posted 10 August 2005 - 10:46 AM

Cheating = bad to pass a mission

Cheating = great fun to let off steam for a while as long as you don't then save the game and get a permanent advantage.

For example, it's great fun to spawn a jump jet to practice and play with early on and just trash cars on the highway with missiles. Also fly over the restrcited area and see whether you can dodge the SAM's. All good fun.

Same for sticky tyres and max ability /weapons etc. Just fun to blast about and then exit the game without saving.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users